MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Here you go Eli, you can share mine!

• Elimar,  I came to see what the mystery pic was for this weekend and read a little and want to congratulate you on your cancerversary.  I have to think awhile on the pic....looks like a slide on a microscope to me, but  you did say, no dye used, right Barbe?   I will tell you what I think someone who stays cancer free their whole life post cancer treatment is.....they are blessed.....very fortunate and blessed. 

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

barbe - kinda looks like a blood culture slide...or... a very pretty piece of material. Can't decide which. I stated on the previous page, that I too go with remission. For me remission & NED mean the same thing, but for others I have to explain what NED stands for & they get remission with no explanation.

I suppose you use whatever makes you more comfortable. Kinda the same as for the cancerversary. I don't have one of those yet. I haven't really put much thought into what date I'll actually use. I guess for one thing my dr. has never come right out and said I'm clear. Of course I've never really asked either. However a while back I did have a lot of testing done to see if we could find out where all my pain was coming from. No luck there. Just living with it. The tests did come back showing no signs of anything though. So that's a plus. Cuz we thought it might of progressed into bone mets. Haden't, so that's good.

I'm also still on the trial drug right now. Guess I'll decide when all this is over and I'm just down to living my life again with no treatments of any kind. Time will tell.

Have a good day everyone. Hope someone comes up with a better idea of the mystery pic cuz boy does it have me stumped. Good one Barbe

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Mystery pic guess - exotic flower petal

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Mmmm, Chrissyb!  Wonder who I am sharing the Cheetos with (that hand?)

Mystery pic...is it a Jello parfait?

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Thanks all for the kind words. This whole recon issue has just left me in a deep funk. I will be asking about lotions and about revisions.

Gone to movies with DS to see Green Lantern. New Harry Potter looks great.

• elimar

Forgot to say I am also celebrating by starting on the Effexor today.  Woo-hoo, par-tay!  Just kidding, but I did get a little spacey (spacier?) in the head already on the first one.  It may be some days/weeks til I feel the full effect of pain relief and hot flash relief.

Thanks Everyone, for observing my 2-year cancerversary.  It may not be much, but it's all I've got so far.  Going to keep moving forward, not looking down 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I didn't realize we were disagreeing elimar! I thought you said potato and I said potato.

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

I don't care what you call it as long as BC  never shows it's ugly self  again :)  I left my Dr's office after completing rads still pleasantly naive believing I was "cured" just like he said. I stayed that way for a whole wonderful year until they opened Pandora's box with a MRI.

E, congratulations on the 2 years!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Elimar Congrats on your 2 years.  Whatever you want to call it I hope you have many of them to come!

Reesie I have a good one to.  Last year when I found my lump, I called my NP to get in to see her.  I go to her instead of the Doctor because I dont like him.  But insurance says I have to have a primary so he's it in name only.  Well I called, she was on vaca, I was to worried to wait until she came back, so I bit the bullet and seen him.  Well 2 days later I had my mammogram and the dude reading it wanted me to come in for a biopsy because of an issue.  So 1 day later I was getting my biopsy done.  Well Monday afternoon they call, its cancer.  So I went back to the BS and started the ball rolling.  Well 3 2 weeks go by and they PCP nurse calls me and wants to know if I followed thru with the mammogram. I had to tell he yea and I have cancer.   Mind you the BS and PCP are all in the same clinic.  Freaked me out, because at first I thought maybe they made a mistake and I was ok.  No she just didnt take the time to read the whole report.   Give me a break, do your job and follow thru before you make calls like that.

• elimar
    Don't forget to check out Mystery Pic on page 418, and get your guesses in.  It's very pinkly puzzling this week.
  • heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Happy 2 year cancerversary, Eli! 

I like your picture, very apropos.  But, as you and I love our music so much, it also makes me think of Leon Russell's "Tight Rope".  This whole BC thing is a very delicate balancing act! 

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

I am going to guess a speckled pink lilly.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Oh, that's horrible Paula! I would have thought the same thing! Why can't they just do the job they're paid to do? How can they be so careless?

When I had my 1st - and so far only - follow up mammogram, I thought I was very lucky to get an experienced technician.  After it was over and she took the films to the radiologist, she came back and said, "He's not sure about what he saw; he wants you to come back again in 6 months for a re-check." I said, "What's he not sure about?"  She said, "Well, he saw some architectural changes since your last mammo.  It could just be from the lumpectomy, but he wants to make sure." I thought, well, duh, a lumpectomy and a missing tumor would change things up a bit in there.  I've never seen anybody else here have their docs come back with that dumb retort. So now, because of them, I can't rest about my mammo because they planted a tiny little seed of doubt in my head.  Thanks a lot, experienced technician. 

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

DOing the happy dance for Elimar! Two years is two years away from that rat b*stard BC....here's to many more:)))

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Orchid?

July 9, 2011 marks 2 years since my 1st T/C cocktail.  So happy it was 2 years ago & not today! 

Barbe1958, most days I'd be happy to ship you my teenager!  Just ask..... 

• elimar
    HnS, Mmmm, I like sprinkles!  (Now where I come from, we call those "sprinkles" and call the elongated bits "jimmies."  I know there's some regionality about that.)
  • reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

You have that correct E ( the sprinkle jimmie thing) :)

We went to Applebees tonight and when we were leaving ther were these two old men arguing. The one guy yelled across the parking lot "go @#*& yourself Carmine!" It was so funny, I thought they were going to get into a fist fight. It was so funny, I mean they were probably both in their seventies, maybe even older!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

ressie - Sounds like 2 grumpy old men.  hehehe

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

mjb so sorry you are not happy.  I hope you can get some resolution, you have already been through so much.

Marlegal you will be missed here but hopefully I'll see you on another thread

eli--woohoo happy cancerversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Happy Celebration Day Elimar.

• elimar

Thanks again to all.  I was too lazy to celebrate by going out for some Pineapple Whip, but I had some Edy's Fruit Bars in my freezer, the newer pineapple flavor, so I had that instead.  I only thought to mention it because I know Seyla loves those Edy's Fruit Bars as much as I do.  :-)

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

OOH I love pineapple flavor.

My favor is pomegrante & lemon

I ate the last one today.

• elimar

The Coconut ones are so delish, but a little higher in calories; so i think my favorite is the Acai Blueberry, a mere 60 calories of yumminess.

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388

Eli - Happy 2nd year anniversary - wishing many, many, many more anniversaries.

I've never had Edy's Fruit Bars, they sound wondeful.  On the way home from a friends house we stopped and got yogurt from Tutti Fruitti.  You can serve yourself whatever flavor and amount you wish and pick as many toppings as you want.  It was my first time there.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

The pic is a phalaenopsis.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Sorry about the hand but just as I took the pic my GS decided he was going to grab some!   He's a big 15 yr old and quite mature for his age.........I did chastise him and told him they were for you.   I did see him wash first though so I know the hand was clean!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

On the mystery pic, some of you are on the right path....but the wrong name! Walk a little further into the garden.....

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

catteleya

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

my big toe with the nailpolish messed up (as usual)