MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Boy do I feel dumb! I wouldn't know a hollyhock from a foxglove if they both smacked me in the face!! Thank goodness for Google, now I know the difference!

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388

I was thinking the revealed picture looked like a Foxglove too - Beautiful. 

Welcome YaYa, sorry you have to be here, but you will find plenty of support.

Eli - I am doing better, have some energy.  I guess like we have all had with treatment, good and bad days.  Today was an excellent day!

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

thank you, everyone, for welcoming me here.  i'm actually a little older than the 60-ish.  i'm 65.  ugh. i'm having a pet scan and echo tomorrow morning and then waiting for the onco test to come back, hopefully by friday.  this waiting is so hard for me (and everyone else, i know).  i have so many questions and all i do is read, read, read about my her2+ diagnosis.  my onco told me last week that the onco test would be the last word, but he told me not to get my hopes up for just rads.  i've had two path reports that have both reported her2 positive and high ki-67, p53, grade 3 on one report, grade 2 on the other.  i'm scared, but taking it one day at a time.  (well, to be honest, i'm just plain scared out of my wits.)  thank you for your kindness here.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

i was the 1st to guess orchid, but I leave in the AM for a week @ the beach so I think someone else needs to post mystery pic!  See ya'll next Sunday sometime! 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    YaYa5,  It is natural for chemo to strike fear into the hearts of B/C women.  No one is going to say it is a walk in the park, but about half of the ladies on this thread got through it, and if neccessary you will find your own courage also.  Waiting is so stressful.  My eye sockets were rimmed in red from all the internet reading I felt I had to read.  Well, I had to do something while I waited between treatments and I did learn a lot. 
  • elimar

Barbe, Eph was first with orchid but cannot fullfill her duty...

jo was first to say "exotic flower petal" and then next carolyn79 had "speckled pink lily."

So which do you think comes closest?  One of those two should post next week.

Barb58 does get a horticultural honorable mention for correctly pointing out that the reveal pic was foxglove tho' and not a hollyhock. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

YaYa I know the waiting is scarry.  I did not have chemo but my onco score was in the middle of intermediate and I remember how scarred I was during the time I was waiting to see if I needed chemo.  Ended up not having to have it.  We will pray for good results but if you have to have chemo lots of women here have done it and can give you wonderful support.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

YaYa5 we don't card here. If we did we'd hire the bartender mentioned iin my post above. Some of us don't look like our ids right now anyway.

It's natural to be scared. We're here to help alleviate some of that fear for you. Or just to provide a distraction when needed.

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Yaya...65? Wow...you look much younger than 65 in your picture. The waiting is torture. The petscan and echo weren't bad for me...hopefully, they won't be for you either. All I did for every free moment for weeks was read online. I actually found more help on these forums than anywhere else.

I was blessed to be able to skip the chemo and am now about one fourth of the way through radiation. We all definitely can relate to that scared feeling. I remember well for those first few weeks I would wake up in the morning and it would hit me all over again. It has gotten easier and I do actually have hours at a time when I don't think about it...

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Welcome YaYa.  Im sorry we all have to meet this way, but Im glad you found your way to us.  I to have read until I was stuffed with so much info.  The gals here are so helpful.  If you have a question someone here will sure try their best to help you.

I'm getting baby fine hair, yipee!  You can see it.  I will have a new do by Christmas!  But the strange thing is all the fine hair I have growing all over my face.  I hope it will go away just like it does for newborns.  Im just greatful that its a very light color.  

I went swimming for the first time since I had the expanders put in.  I am still having issues with certain types of clothing, and swimsuits are one of them. I also like my strapless maxi dresses, but feel uncomfortable in them.  I still dont have much feeling in my chest area, so I am always afraid that the top is falling and that they will pop out.  I will get threw threw this but in time I will, but it has to be at my pace not some timeline. 

Have a great night all.

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    thanks once again, everyone, for your very helpful comments.  i'll be soooooo glad to get the pet scan over with.  i'm always afraid of things i've never had done, but i know it will be fine.  i've had all my grandchildren around me a lot recently and one of my sons is here on his way to DC moving from LA.  he wanted to plan his trip so he could go with me tomorrow.  awwww.  so many blessings in the mist of this fear.  i've been amazed at the good things that have happened just since dx. i'm truly blesed.  Smile
  • cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Welcome YaYa!! You are lucky to have family around! Take all the hugs and let them help the healing! You can always come here to chat when you need a giggle or to scream (cyber YELL!) or to find support. All our experiences are similar but unique---but we all understand that--and are here to share experiences as we travel this BC road. 

Paula--I remember when my hair first started growing back,yep fuzz on the face too. Don't notice it now. Do notice those three hairs on my chin that went away last year. YIPPEE. Until they came back. . . REALLY??!! Could have done without that regrowth!!! 

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Hey, Elimar, any word about them fixing this thread?  I still start out on page 42, it's getting really old!

• elimar

Oh Meece, thanks for letting me know that it is still you too.  It's not happening to everyone who comes to this thread, but there is still a group of us that has the problem.  In the past two mos. I have reported it to The Mods three times.  First reporting, told it would be fixed "soon."  Second reporting, no reply.  Third reporting (about a week ago) and I was told that they would notify the techs about it.  Barbe has also PMed.

I don't think they have a way to know how many this is happening to.  Although I didn't think we would have to form a coalitition to get this technical problem resolved, maybe the time has come to ask all who are having the problem of this thread not opening to the most current page, to PM The Moderators and let them know, so they will know it is not just one or two people having the trouble.   

I understand that this is a minor problem, not on high priority.  Personally, I have shown patience for two months, but I second what Meece said, it is getting old.  

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

We'll let JO run with the mystery pic. I don't consider it an exotic flower, but after the comments from women who have never seen one, I now consider myself very lucky to live in a temperate climate!!!

Congrats to all who guessed flower. That's why I specifically said it wasn't a stain as it looked like cells on glass.

And YEP, it is getting old!! I have to go to 'last page' and then read the first post to see if I remember it and if not, go back a page!

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    Yaya...I  understand your fear about something new...I'm the same way. But my petscan wasn't bad at all. They injected me with the radioactive stuff and I sat in a nice leather recliner for an hour. The scan itself was very quick and so uneventful that I barely remember it and it was only 5 weeks ago.
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Yaya, it was no big deal for most people but not me....I CANNOT sit still for an hour. They made me lie in a darkened room after the dye was injected in a recliner with NO books, no music, no TV, nothing. Torture for me. There was a sign on the wall that said something about how the tech cannot get too close to you so don't ask and I ended up playing anagram word games off the sign.

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    Wow BarbaraA...that stinks. They did tell me not to move around a lot but my daughter was allowed in the room with me and we talked the hour away. They did say I was allowed to read and the room was bright enough to do so. They also had music playing. Hopefully, Yaya' s experience will be more like mine.
  • reesie

Hey, everyone still having problems with the page loading - try clearing the cache on your computer  and/or deleting cookies, etc. Then restart your computer and give it a try.  Sometimes the cache or cookies can do funky things (like loading a page from the same place it last "saved" on your computer).

Just FYI, you might have to start all over with entering usernames/passwords again if you have your computer remembering that info once you do this though.

Don't know if it will help, but it's worth a try.

• elimar
    reesie, that did not do the trick for me...I am on a whole different hard drive than when the problem began. 
  • Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

I also have used multiple computers and had the same issue. Did anyone try removing it from Favorites and then reinstating it? The problem seems to be tied to the whole "opening from Favorites" thing. It used to go right to where I last was reading when I selected it that way... I'm not even on here that much, and it STILL gives me an eye twitch.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Yaya my pet scan was not bad, got the dye and sat in a relciner.  They had a tv in there but I had taken a book to read.  My pet scan was a combo unit that does the pet and cat scan so I never had to leave the machine.

Barbara yours sounds alwful that they did not let you bring anything to read with you.  I would have gone stir crazy as well.

• elimar
    Kleenex, I just tried that.  I removed it from favorites and even tried to come back, not from home page, but through the active topics listing.  Nope, didn't work, exact same glitch.  Grrr!
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Grrr, Eli et al. It happened to me for a while and I exported my cookies and deleted all the files then reimported my cookies and voila.

--edited for usual typos.

• elimar

When I fried my previous hard drive, all the cookies and files went with it.  So, this is happening on a new drive, and since it happened to more than a few of us there has got to be something they can tweak on the website to fix it I would think. 

• elimar

When I fried my previous hard drive, all the cookies and files went with it.  So, this is happening on a new drive, and since it happened to more than a few of us there has got to be something they can tweak on the website to fix it I would think. 

Is this happening to Middies who go "way back" in the thread?  What is happening with Newbies?  YaYa5 & cmblastic, can you comment on if you can open this thread and come right to the last/current page?

• reesie

E, I had the problem when I first started posting in the thread but it went away.  If I remember correctly the problem had just started happening when I started.  Maybe it's a browser issue for the ones it still happens with?  I use Mozilla Firefox or IE..

• reesie
    Ooh, E, I just saw the new pic.  Now I want to go to an exotic island Smile
  • LovesChristmas-Barb

It goes to the current page for me and I'm relatively new here.

• kal_1865
    kal_1865 Member Posts: 145

Elimar I started lurking back in November and have posted a few times since then.  I do not have an issue

Welcom YaYa, the tech wouldn't let me read during my wait time for my petscan but he said the TV was OK.  Isn't science wonderful???