MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Now annetrek how did barbe get a pic of your big toe?

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

i was hiding in her garden stealing flowers

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

LOL, annettek!

chrissyb, I wasn't even sure if that photo was taken by you, but just knowing that it was makes the Cheetos seem that much fresher!

jenn3,  How are you feeling?  Some of the energy coming back?

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Is the picture of a lily petal?

(I also thought of a close up view of a quilt)

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I got so excited to post my guess I forgot to congratulate you on your cancerversary, Elimar.  Your can throw Cheetos at me for being so remiss!

• elimar
    Meece,  you are gonna get off easy because I ran out of ammo.  I polished off that whole bowl that chrissyb set out for me yesterday.  (u-r-r-rrrrr-pppp!)
  • cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Happy Cancerversary Eli!! And many more!!

Welcome Janinnj!! Sorry to meet under these circumstances but welcome nonetheless!!

As for the mystery pic, I am just trying to figure how my DH very sunburnt back got all the way up to Canada!!!! I was so P/O with him for doing yardwork(yeah!!) yesterday and taking off his shirt --and not putting on sunscreen!!! He has already had two  SC spots removed from his back. Don't know why he likes to tempt fate!!

My stupid letter moment came recently when I received a letter this May from my gyn, asking why I haven't "followed up" on my mammo from 5/10. If they had checked their records they would have seen that after that mammo--which was a 6 month follow up from a questionable mammo 9/9---came out "clear". Three weeks later I was biopsied by my BS and DX. I walked away from my gyn--a year of not recognizing BC when he sees it, and a hospital and lab that misdiagnosed me for a year. I haven't been back since LAST May, and he just NOW sends me a "where are you?" letter. Chemo, BMX, and rads, that's where I have been! Just a reminder that a gyn is not always a breast doctor. Much happier with my new GP--who seems to know and care more than my last GP and Gyn combined!!

My DH is glued to the Women's World Cup game right now, so I guess I am off to do my Sunday laundry. Woot!! Everyone have a WONDERFUL Sunday, enjoy the day!!! 

• reesie

Claire, I'm so jealous that you get to do laundry, NOT!

Well I'm off to see an old friend with my DD (if she ever gets out of the shower). I feel a little guilty because I'd been avoiding her, but really thought I was doing it for her. Her DH died of cancer a couple of years ago (he was a firefighter with my DH) and then her mom died of BC two weeks later. I didn't want to be that reminder fo her. They never even figured out what kind of cancer her DH had.

I saw her in May and was so glad. Well off to drag DD out of the bathroom wish me luck.

Oh, almost forgot - I know absolutely nothing about flowers but it looks like some kind of orchid petal to me. Althought it could be Annettek's big toe lol

• elimar

cmb,  I am riveted to the Women's World Cup too...go U.S.A.!

[Edit:  Woo-hoo!  Adios, Brazil.  What a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

I think it is also an orchid petal

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Look a bit higher in the garden.....

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

Mystery pic guess.  An apple blossom?

• barbe1958

When am I supposed to reveal the pic? Everyone is very close....it does belong in a garden, but look further up. Not as high as a tree tho jan.

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

could the pic be a rhondodendron bush?? 

• annettek

I tell you- it is my toe- I was pointing my leg up to the sky....

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

A climbing rose

• elimar

Barbe, reveal whenever you want to, and IF no one has guessed exactly then it is your call as to who came the closest.

I've thrown in the towel because I was not even close with a floral guess.

• elimar

Welcome YaYa5, and you have found us during our weekend pastime of playing Mystery pic.  It isn't the pic at the top of the page (which is a peony, btw) but it is a pic posted back on 418 by Barbe1958.  Still time to guess, go for it.

Then, tell us how you are doing...I'm thinking you might just have started your chemo?

• annettek

welcome yaya and great for jumping right in....we are a whackadoodle bunch who will all do whatever we can to help ya out

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Welcome yaya - What a way to jump right in.  This is a crazy bunch of gals who can get serious and give lots of support and information.

I still think the mystery pic is some kind of exotic flower - can't come up with the name of it though. 

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Happy Anniversary Elimar! 

I know there are some Jersey shore fans here.  Just got back from a weekend at my brother's house in Wildwood Crest.  What great weather we had!  I am SO jealous of some of you that mentioned you have houses down the shore.  What a great way to spend the weekend.  Sang On the Way to Cape May all the way down there.  Good to be home though.

• Sherryc

Welcome yaya, sorry you are joining us but it is a great place to get support from other sisters.

• reesie

How come none of you PA people pick me up on your way to the shore? I'm only a few minutes out of the way lol. I mean you get in free (of course you have to pay to go home).

J/K

Had a great visit with my girlfriend. But I think my DD was a bad influence on her daughter. I mean she brought up how my GF and I used the same ID to go to bars in college. It was really funny when we were together at a table once and got carded. Bartender just looked at them, shook his head, and kept going. I guess he figured if we were brave enough to hand them to him together who was he to say anything. BTW I was the "legal"one.

Welcome YaYa5 we're a great group here. We can hold virtual hands, answer questions, or just kid around. Whatever is right for the moment.

• barbe1958

Y'all were so close really! But we don't have exotic flowers in Canada (unless I took them inside). It was a HOLLYHOCK at my bro's house!!

I'd say whoever mentioned orchid first should get the prize. Who was it elimar?

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

I'm laughing at myself because I'm afraid to pick what the mystery pic is because if I got it right, I would have to find something to post next weekend. What a chicken I am!!

Welcome Yaya5!

• Sherryc

I think Eph guessed the orchid first

I wish we had pretty flowers like that in our gardens but Texas is just too dang hot!

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

What a beautiful picture! But it actually looks more a foxglove to me....

• barbe1958

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAAA\

OMG!!!! OF COURSE it's foxglove!!! I am too funny. They have a huge hollyhock plant that's higher than my head and I took pictures of it too, which is why I said look higher. This IS a foxglove. I say Barb58 wins!!!

(of course, I could say that we call them hollyhocks in Canada! hehehehehehehhehee)

• barbe1958

aka Digitalis.....hehehehehe

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

I knew it was some kind of flower.