MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Hey E, I am an oldie here and nothing I have done changes that I open on page 42 with my response to you about "twinges" :) this is getting to be a pain in the butt so will ask the moderators to look into it also.

I knew it wasn't hollyhocks because I used to make dolls out of them, but did not know what it was!

Linda

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Welcome YA YA Sorry to meet like this.  I just finished chemo you have to take one day at at a time. You are right the waiting is the worst but once you start you feel like something is getting done.  I see my surgeon on the 14 for the next step.  God has been so good to me.  Also I found it a great help if you have a support group where you live.  I will keep you in prayer. 

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Tomorrow I go see the PS about the big exchange.  I'm abit nervous, but am ready to get these rocks outa my chest.  I have read enough info to know what Im getting into, but sometimes reallife answers seem the best.  If any of you ladies have some tips for me I would really love it if you could help me out.  I have a list of what to ask him, but could really use your advice on this.  I love my PS and he has done this alot, he is on the other side of the coin.  I would rather hear from the side that Im on.  Thanks for your help!

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

OMG!  i'm so grateful that i'm old!  seriously.  now you drink barium that tastes like LEMONADE??! i couldn't believe it.  and the pet machine that does cat scans, too??  WOW!  this morning was another amazing experiences.  the pet scan was nothing but a good excuse to lie down and rest.  the tech who started my IV blew a vein in my hand and that hurt a little, but that's no big deal.  the ultra scan of my heart was resting time as well.  i'm so grateful.  maybe i'll hear some news this afternoon.

when i opened this thread just now, it took me right to this page.  that's the first time, though, since i've been here. 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

LOL, YaYa5!  So glad you had a day of rest and relaxation with all the new-fangled techniques of modern medicine, ha,ha.  We'll be hoping that those scans come back clear as can be.

Paula 66,  I didn't have the exchange experience, so I can't offer anything on that.

• elimar

I have an observation on the thread glitch...

All the people (so far) that say they are still having trouble on this thread, are Middies who were around and posting back in the days of the (inescapable) page 42.  OG, Barbe, Kleenex, Meece, and I go back that far.  I don't know if it is happening to every single one who was posting that long ago or not.

Then, the newer Middies that did have the problem (BarbA, reesie) seemed to be able to fix it, but I can't seem to, doing the same things.  I'm using Firefox too.  Some new to this thread don't have the problem at all.  I don't know the proper word for it, but maybe there is something in our "older" signatures that keeps directing us into the past.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Elimar I am not having problems.  When they did the update I had problems for awhile but then it corrected itself.

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Eli,

Been here since the thread started, not really posting but have email notification and read it every day.  I log in, scroll down the discussion board main page and click on the thread title - I came straight to your last post.  I use IE and type in the web address - not favorites.  At least on the computer I'm typing this on. 

Trish

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504
    Yaya...I'm glad it went well...Yay!!! Hopefully, your scans will all come back clear...saying a prayer they do.
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

I start out on page 42 no matter which computer I'm using.  I've had it happen on 4 computers, 3 at home and one at work. It is getting old, I agree, but it was happening with ALL my favorites.  Now it's only on this thread. Hopefully the tech folks will get it figured out soon. 

• elimar

Thanks prayrv, for adding to the mystery of why only some of us are having the problem.  I thought I might have been on to something, but you blew that theory to bits.  Could this little problem be more complicated that we think?  Sheesh!

I know The Mods and Techs have been busy making changes (e.g. "Report A Post") due to the infighting of some of the thread factions that caused such an uproar, that they probably got priority consideration for their woes.  As far as wheels go, we have hardly squeaked at all, but why-oh-why must it come to that? 

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

Actually, I start out on page 40. . .

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

I have no problems on my laptop in my office.  On my home computer, mine always starts at the very first post I made in the Nov Rads Thread.  I don't know why it happens in just the one but it doesn't bother me.  I just scroll back to the top and log in.

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

I'm pretty new here and it always opens at the last post I read.

Paula66-When did you finish Chemo?  I had my last treatment 06/23/11 and have about a 1/2 inch of hair but it is so fine and white you can't even hardly see it.  I am so tired of this wig.  Hoping all goes well with your exchange.

YaYa5- One of my favorite sayings I read somewhere on these boards is "You don't have to be brave, you just have to show up"  I am 57 and have always been healthy so all of this was new to me also.  I'm not saying chemo was easy but with a very caring Oncologist I made it through without too much angst.

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388

I only have problems with this thread on any computer.  I open @ page 12, the page with the cartoonish blue bird eating a worm.

Jenn

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

OG56's 'twinges' comment is the top of page 41. I've read it so many times.....sigh. I've tried everything!!! Does it on any computer I use. Stops me from coming back as often as I would normally.

• elimar

If you have not previously PMed the mods about our glitch, feel free to let them know it is happening to you too.  I don't know that they can tell otherwise, since it is not doing everyone the same way.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

I actually start out at whatever page I last read or posted on. So I'm not complaining! What I would like to know is how to get this thread to be the one that is my "favorite" favorite topic that opens first when I open to the DB's. Do I delete all my favs and then add them back in a different order? 

Tomorrow I go in for a 3 month f/u TVUS on an ovarian growth that my gyn onc has been watching and waiting on since last August.  Counting on hearing that its not grown, and that my 3 months of Tamox have not affected it. A girl can only hope!!

• elimar
    Even after all my time here, I am not sure how to do what you are asking cmb, but it seems like someone else here has theirs set up that way.  I just sign in and go to My Home where all my favorite threads are and go in from there.
  • Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Another thing I notice about the page I open to: it's the one full of happy comments about having our own Forum at last. Prior to that, we were tucked into another section. So despite being "page 42," it's really "page 1" for when this thread moved into a new Forum. Possibly that could help the moderators figure out what's happening. For some of us, we're opening up at "the beginning" of this thread under new management, if that makes sense.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    Janinnj I finish chemo 06/13/11.  I had a few straglers that never fell out.  They were the gray one.  My dark hair has come on very fast.  In this last week I have gottn to were I can see it real well.  Now the hairs on my chin coulda stayed away.  I wont have a problem with that.  Hang in there and you will have a new do by Christmas too!  About 3 weeks ago I said the heck with it and I dont cover my head anymore.  I took my hats and scarves off and have never felt so free. 
  • walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Yaya welcome glad your scan went well, compared to an MRT, PET scan was easy just room was darn cold. Are you from the City? My DH is an Oky boy from Warr Acres in Ok City.

Over all my experiences last year were not bad as I have a great BS, MO and RO. Jury is still out on the PS will need lots of answers on Wed.

I have not had the page problems some of have had. Hope I haven't just cursed myself.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Since I have to relocate everytime I come on this page, I am responding to Reesies suggestion as soon as I read it.  I also have cleared the cache and cookies even used a different computer and still have this problem.  This is the only thread that has this issue.

• Meece

I consider myself one of the oldies here since I joined this thread within 3 weeks of its beginning.  Maybe it's like an old record when it has been played too much it begins to skip.

• barbe1958

Kleenex, very good point!!! It's the page where elimar thanks the mods!! For me though, that's page 41.

Claire, the Favourites appear in the order of which one got a new post. There's no way to play with that part.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Don't you just hate that Meece?  And when you listen to the same song on the radio, you expect the skip and it doesn't happen?

janinnj and Paula66 now that my hair is growing back everyone keeps telling me I should keep it short, they like it this way.  I can't wait until August - I'm expecting a growth spurt after surgery (no more chemo then) and then I can get rid of the gray again. Wink

I think Kleenex may be on to something if page 42 is where the page was when "adjustments" were made to the thread.

• Meece

That may be the ticket!  I even tried a brand new browser today and it still did it.  Back to using Firefox since that browser doesn't seem to be the issue.

• elimar

I like Kleenex's theory, BUT (big butt) our newer jenn3 goes to page 12.  Strange.

My other theory (and you knew I would have to have one) is that all who are going to page 42 could have been active on this thread the day the trouble began, and maybe they were working on it, so we got locked into that glitch.  Can't remember exact day this all started, tho'.  It doesn't explain those who jump to another page, unless they were posting at a time when the techs were briefly working on this thread and they got "captured" separately.

It's probably more like something in how our computers operate, but I am not techie enough to figure that out.

p.s. Barbe, I have been saying page 42 all this time, but it is page 41 for me also, so when I say 42, I mean 41. (My brain latched onto 42 because of it's significance in the book The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, I just know it.)

• barbe1958

Hmmm, on my computer, the mods locked us in on page 41. Right now we are on page 422. We know that because the number is black. When I log on to this thread, page 41 is black.....

• elimar

I had to laugh again this morning, as Paula66 brought up chin hairs.  Where else but the Mid-Age thread can you find that!   Here are women who share their dismay as we lose our estrogen and just watch in horror as the random wiskers sprout.  You don't get that in just any old thread.  All I can say is the tweezers are a wonderful invention.

mjb,  Hope your talk with PS tomorrow is positive and productive.  Let us know.