MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Lucky you, Elimar! Sadly, we have no cooks in this house. Barb, I saw the yummy eggs benedict you fixed this morning while my son and I were eating oatmeal - I had to quickly change screens before he saw it.  The poor deprived kid doesn't even know such delicious foods exist! 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Aw c'mon, you can scramble eggs. Even I can do That!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Did anyone guess fuzzy slippers for the mystery pic yet?  Maybe they picked up a hair from shuffling around.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Welcome hipline. There's a fun group of women here and we talk about EVERYTHING. If you have any questions, ask away. Or just join in on the fun.

I got my first post (well during actually) chemo hair cut this week. Well it was actually a shave when it comes down to it. No more fuzzy facial hair yay. And she did trim it to so it wasn't sticking up around my ears anymore (thanks to my glasses).

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

When am I supposed to reveal what the mystery pic is?

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Jo...When someone already has the right answer I think

• jo1955

No one has had the right answer but one person was in the ball park.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Whew, Im taking a break from my cooking marathon.  I only have 1 oven and the cobblers are in the oven as we speak.  My poor stove is probably wondering what the heck.  It hasnt had much of a workout since surgery and chemo. 

Elimar your a luckey gal.  I dont care for my hubbys cooking.  It has to be swimming in a ton of grease, yuck.  We were both raised on 2 different styles of cooking and I dont care for how he likes it.  But being the loving wife (cough cough), that I am I fix food his way everyday, minus the swimming in grease, that is.  

Welcome hipline.  The gals here are great.  Just post away.  They will do what they can to help.

Marybe Im a welder by trade, so the heat doesnt get to me too bad.  Although since I started the Tamoxifen I sweat like I have never sweat before.  Yuck!  

Have a fun filled afternoon gals and stay cool!

• barbaraa

Jo, what was it? I am dying to know.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

You're right, Barb....I'm going to blame it on the house.  I've fallen behind in maintaining it, and I have to spend all my spare time right now trying to catch up, much less keep up! THEN I'll cook! Until then, he's happy to have ANY food in front of him! 

• jo1955

Sheila was closest when she said dog fur.  It was actually a pic of my dog's chew toy.

• Our dogs chew them up too fast to get a pic.  Paula I am impressed....a welder?.....no joke, I really am impressed. 

• barbaraa

I coulda sworn it was a teddy bear.

• jo1955
    Sheila - Let's see what you come up with for the mystery pic for next weekend.
  • elimar
    Everyone who guessed something furry was kind of close.  Smile
  • reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

But I did like the ice cream guess the other day. Although it made me want some and I definitely need to stay away these days.

E are those fresh Jersey peaches? Picked some up at the friut stand yesterday along with some nice Jersey tomatoes, corn, and strawberries. Nothing like fresh from the farm.

We went four wheeling yesterday in Batsto yesterday and the only wildlife we saw was on the side of the highway on the way there. And my DH managed to almost get into two different accidents on the dirt road in the middle of the woods. He figured he didn't have to look first before leaving the side trail because noone else would be out there lol.

• elimar
    Reesie, I don't know...I found that pic of the peaches because Paula was baking with them today and they are one of my favorite summer fruits.  Did you ever pick them and then eat one while it is still warm off the tree?  Sounds bad but it is so good.
  • elimar

Probably no one on here was following the U.S. Women in the World Cup final this afternoon ("cept maybe Eph) and I would be in tears over their loss in penalty kicks to Japan, but that Effexor has so much serotonin and norepinephrine going to my brain now that I couldn't squeeze out a tear if I tried. 

My experience on the Effexor was a migraine the first day I went on it.  Hyperness for two to three days and some major sweating.  Then that settled down.  It seems to be helping my fibromyalgia somewhat, even at the low dose of 37.5 mg, and the doctor told me to double that next week.  My hot flashes also seem to have lessened.  Definitely having less than the previous 2-3 every hour, and when they come on, they are at half strength and last half only half as long as before.  It's so weird how all the SNRI's are formulated slightly different from one another, and you just have to Guinea Pig yourself to find something that works.
  • sheila888

I was and updating daughter every few minutes because she couldn't watch it.

I was so excited but needed others with me.

It's not fun all by myself.

• sheila888

I posted before I read.

I won the mystery picture contest. this is the first time I won something. Wink

• barbaraa

(((SHEILA!!!)))

• Huskerkkc
    Huskerkkc Member Posts: 471

El,

with DD1-2 out of the house I am the only female, with DS 15, husband, and Romeo the golden retriever. we are in a pertetual state of ESPN; i don't think we get any other channel except when I Tivo Days of Our Lives! LOL

It was very exciting to watch, especially at the end with the penalty kicks. I even called DD2 and she watched the OT by herself, yelling at the TV. Hard not to get into a world championship game.

But the hot flashes are getting me today, along with the 95 degree heat and 107 "feels like" heat index. I started Celebrex last week to help with depression. Feel like a drug store, with the Ativan and Ambien as well. Never took anything more than Motrin previously. Thank god the AC is working as well as the ceiling fans. I turn them on high and then get cold. Or I have a hot flash but my feet are cold-go figure.

• elimar
    Seyla888, You must bask in the glory of being so keenly observant as to know that pic was something dog-related.  Feel the prestige coming your way all this week, until next Sunday when a new winner shall emerge and the fickle crowd turns their awe and admiration to that person.  Such is the nature of Weekend Mystery Pic.  New challengers for the glory...may the best eyeball win!
  • jo1955

Eli - You make me laugh.  

Sheila - I know the feeling - I usually don't win anything either.

• sheila888
    ((JO))  (((Elimar)))   hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaLaughing
  • jo1955

Sheila - (((HUGS))) Nasilinez?

• sheila888

Jo....Cok iyiyim. Thank You.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Congrats Sheila! 

I have gottten all my cooking done!  Its was so fun.  I havent done that since Christmas 09.  Me and my sissy usally spend the whole weekend baking and cooking.  Not counting during the week when I made other goodies.  This past Christmas season was taken up by BC so I didnt do anything but the Christmas morning suasage gravy and biscuits, yuck!  I dont like white gravey, but all of my family loves it, so I do it for them.  

Reesie I hit the local market yesterday as well.  I have tons of yummy fruits and veggies.  I love the summer with all the good things that come from the garden.  Nothing beats the taste of a homegrown tomatoe!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

I love my garden and the local fruit and vege stand.  Today DH and I built another raised garden bed.  I still need to put the black fabric down and then find some really good organic dirt.  Fall planting season here is mid to late august.  I have already been planning my fall garden.. Can't wait for those veges.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Good morning ladies

I am relatively new to this site. I have gotten such wonderful information on the other forums here, it's fantastic! I am glad someone started this topic for us "middle age" women. Having recently become an "empty nester" and just beginning to enjoy MY house, then wham! Cancer is back. It is unfortunate that so many of us in this age bracket have to deal with this, however I am glad there are others to share experiences from medical information to friendships.

For those who garden in VA, I have plenty of organic horse manure - made fresh every day! My tomatoes love it! I am willing to share!

Deborah