MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

My 1st thought was sponge but Faulkh already guessed that so I'll say a loofah for the bath/shower.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

A leaf

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

I say its a wall treatment!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Some good guesses already.  I will guess a pancake or maybe an omelet.

mjb,  So sorry to hear the leukemia is back.  Now is the time for the family to just be there for him.  Even when they are too weak to respond, it is said that they still hear when you are talking to them. I think it would be comforting for a sick person to hear a familiar voice among all the strangers' voices they hear in the hospital.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

mjb - so sorry to hear of everything you and your dad are going through. So difficult - my prayers are with you and your dad and your family.

Elimar - that is NOT a picture of my parakeet, Hooter, but it looks like him! He's such a joy, and I wanted to put his pic up for a while but couldn't find a good one, so I borrowed that one. He's just a little chatterbox, sings and sings.

I think reesie guessed what the mystery pic is right off the bat! 

• Huskerkkc
    Huskerkkc Member Posts: 471

my guess is bread!

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

MJB- I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were doing since you hadn't posted in a few days.  Glad your fluid situation is improving.  So sorry to here about your Dad.

Mystery pic guess  Cork?

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Welcome to our newest Australian member. I'm so sorry for all you've gone through and hope you can share many laughs with us.

MJB, I'm glad you and your sibs are all able to be with Dad and by all means talk to him every chance you get.

Eli, woo hoo for good test results ... I had my mammo a few weeks ago and my BSGI last week and both were clear so I did a little dancing this week myself :)

I think granite counter would be my guess too ... we'll see :)

• elimar

Mar, you are going on six years now.  Are you back to yearly mammo screenings, or do they keep giving us diagnostic ones (more views) on our treatment side?   What about the MO, are we lifetime patients as far as they are concerned?

I heard that after three years, I will only get the mammos once a year but I forgot to ask if it was going back to the basic screening.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

pminxy ~ Welcome to our caring group of sisters. Visit as often as you can.

MJB ~ I was also wondering how you've been doing. So sorry to hear about your Dad as well.  

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Eli, correct that I'm one month away from my 6 year anniv'y.  I'm on an annual schedule for mammogram, but still "high risk" meaning that I meet with the radiologist before I leave and I get several views on each side, not just the cancer side. Because of rads and damage on that side, surgeon always recommended breast MRI's but I had a bad experience with dye leaking out of IV, and very dense breasts still, so last year doc started me with BSGI's in addition to mammo instead of MRI's. Another time when I was soooo glad for good insurance, because I hear some ins companies don't cover BSGI, but mine does and it's way less uncomfortable than MRI. As for MO, I asked her that last time I was there - which coincided with my end of Tamox/Aromasin therapy, and she said we'll do annual at least for now and reevaluate each year. I happen to like her a lot, and don't mind going just to see how her kids are growing ... I've gone through a pregnancy with her and feel motherly toward her ... so I have no problem with an annual visit just to catch up!!  Surgeon still wants me every 6 mos to closely monitor the side where rads left large lumps inside.  I like her too, so again no problem seeing her twice a year from my perspective.

• Paula66
    MJB Im so sorry to read about your father.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Very sorry to hear about your dad MJB.

Foxy

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Mjb, so sorry. Hugs, pal.

My guess is granite.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

MJB- you have so much on your plate....hugs and prayers to you

I say toast is the pic! (Although Barbe got my mouth watering reminding me of my favorite canadian candies....they start carrying those candy bars in a grocery store here that I try to avoid as the last time I bought a coffee crisp, a honeycomb and a flake thinking they would last me as special treats through the week and they barely made it out of the parking lot...thank goodness I can't find macintosh toffee down here or I would gain back the 10 lbs i have lost.....

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

MJB, sorry to hear about your dad.  ((((((hugs))))))

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504
    MJB...prayers for your dad and your family.
  • elimar

Mystery pic -- page 433 -- keep guessing.

It looks like the crisp top of a muffin.  That's my third guess but who's counting.  It looks like something else everytime I look at it.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Mystery pic guess - An exotic bird egg.  Or could be a turtle egg??

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Mystery pic - fish row?

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Hi...I will reveal the mystery picture later.Smile

Some very interesting answers. This is fun.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

pminxy you have been on quiet a journey.  Glad you decided to join us here.  I hope they come up with a treatment for you that will give you much relief.

MJBmiller so sorry to hear the news of your Dad.. It is so hard when we have to face these situations with our parents.

I have not given you guys an update on my Dad.  He has finished is first full cycle of chemo.  The lesion in is ribs has gotten larger but not causing him any more pain.  The spots in is lung are the same so that is good.  He actually is feeling much better these days.  I think the colon cancer they removed was cause him much more pain than he realized.  He and my mom don't realize the rib lesion has gotten bigger as none of us where able to go to the appt with them.  So because my Dad feels better they are telling everyone that it is working and he is getting better.  Once I found out and talked to my brothers we all just decided to let them think it for now because they are being positive about all of it.  My parents really don't get the fact that this will never be cured.  I think they half live in a fantasy land about it.  Even though the Dr. and nurses are straight with them they just kinda hear what they want to hear.

I think the picture is a leaf although I know that has already been guessed.

• jo1955

Sherry - At least your parents have a positive attitude about this whole situation.  If thinking this way is what gets them through everyday then so be it. Hugs to you and your family.

• elimar
    Sherryc, It a real plus that your dad's quality of life is better now.  He is thru' the first chemo cycle and is feeling alright, so that leaves it open for future treatment.  I think a lot of seniors are against trying chemo, but when they do try they find it is doable, just like all the B/C gals find out.
  • jo1955

When are we going to find out what the mystery pic is?  Curiosity is getting the best of me.

• Paula66

Me too Jo! 

• jo1955
    Sheila - WHERE ARE YOU???  COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!!
  • barbaraa

Yeah Sheila, c'mon!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    And the mystery picture is.........................Wink
  • barbaraa

Yeah......