MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Congrats E for the good report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    You know E, I've decided that "DON'T" is a challenge to all my kids to "DO" when it comes to eating my snacks (although lately, I guess that wouldn't be a bad thing lol).
  • LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504
    Yay Elimar! Awesome news!!
  • sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Elimar....We all love good news.Smile

Happy for you my friend.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Yippee Skippee indeed!  For all with awesome, wonderful news!

I found out that I HAVE to use 128 hours of vacation time by 10-6-11 or lose it.  When my boss got absorbed into a bigger firm, they transferred all my years of service & as I am going on 15 yrs it bumped my vacation time into a MUCH bigger zone!  Yahoo!  So my co-worker & I were just consulting the calendar & between now & October I'm scheduled for quite a few Mondays & Fridays off, with a week & 1/2 off before & after Labor Day!  I am sooooooo happy.  the sad thing is no $$ to do much of anything, but I can be at home & relax! (Hopefully)  Plus, after the time off I've put in for I'll still have about 25 hours, so my plan is to just make everyday an 8 hr day instead of the normal 7 for 25 of the days that I'm here at work.   

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Joni - Enjoy everyday of the time off you have - deserve everyone of them.

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504
    That's wonderful Eph 3-12! Enjoy indeed!
  • Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

If anyone here uses iTunes, check out the free album this week. It's really good. Called "a bunch of girls" country music. I love the free songs every Tuesday!

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

Eli- Congrats on passing all your test.

Paula- Best wishes in your new job.  I have always admired woman who chose the untraditional path.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

YEAH ELIMAR YEAH HOO HAW:))))

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Joni, how cool!!!

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

annette - here in Georgia we say, YEE HAW!

So Elimar, YEE HAW! Congratulations on the good test results! Looks like your studying paid off!

Paula, congratulations on the job promotion! Looks like all your hard work paid off!

Joni - congratulations on so much time off! All your hard work has paid off, too!

I haven't had anything pay off, lately. Maybe I should get a lottery ticket....

• Foxlairfrm

Thank you Anette. Congrats Elimar! Lots of great things happening! I don't usually wish time away, but I sure am glad tomorrow is Friday and this week is done! It's so hot and humid here in Va (along with hot flashes) and the dog grooming business has been booming! Good for the pocketbook but not for my arm and the recent customers are my "once a year" guys. Yuck! I think the heat is supposed to break Monday. Hopefully!

Foxy

Doin' the Friday dance!

• reesie

My DH just told me he thinks I shouldn't go out to dinner on Thursdays with my sister anymore.

Maybe the piece of ceramic plate I was served with my appetizer (and bit but luckily didn't swallow) had something to do with it? Well that and the fact that the exact same thing almost happened to me 3 weeks ago at a different restaurant? Didn't almost eat it then, but it was served to me.

Well since my DD was with me and since I just lectured her for not filling one out at her work when she got bit by a dog, I did fill out an incident report (and really just in case I did swallow a piece and didn't realize it).

All I could think - and say- when it happened was - you're kidding me? Well I seem to be collecting discount cards for restaurants I'm not sure I want to eat at again lol.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Thanks ladies for the well wishes.  Im in over my head, but I can do itl

Congrats E for a good result!!!!!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    reesie ~ You bit into a piece of ceramic plate?!? My goodness, what's going on? You didn't cut/scratch your tongue, did you? Good grief!! And this is the second time?!? I'd be taking a package of paper plates with me to use!  LOL
  • Foxlairfrm

Gosh Reesie, that is bad luck! I've never had that happen. I'm with you, I wouldn't want to go back either.

Foxy

Morning all! Happy Friday!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Joni, don't you mean work a 7 hour day instead of an 8 hour one? You got that backwards, sweetie. Maybe that's how you ended up with so much vacation time! hehehehehehe

• reesie

No cuts or scratches (thought I broke a tooth - that would have been a disaster). 

LOL Barbe, that certainly seems to be Joni's problem.

• Paula66

I want Joni to come figure my vaca time, lol.  I could use some more, lol.  We have to acrew our time and it takes forever to do that.  Plus I have used up much of my time off for chemo and doctors appointments.  Yuck.  I remember when I had to take 6 weeks off for my BMX some guys were bithching about it.  I finally told one gut hey I will gladly switch you places and you can have the cancer and I will come to work everday instead.  I know some of them still were bitching that I would have a 3 day weekend while I did chemo.  OMG do you really think that the 3 days off were a fun one, NO.  Plus I came to work every single day before and after chemo.  I never missed a beat and I worked 8 hours.  Hell one dude has a tooth pulled a few weeks ago and missed 3 days.  Give me a break, MEN UGH!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Reesie, I think I would be eating at home for awhile if I were you! I remember years ago, I ordered a draft beer at a bar, it looked so frosty,cold and inviting--until the frost wore off and i saw a 3 inch chard of glass frozen at the bottom of my mug. Guess I was lucky the mug was so darn cold. Course I had to drink half the beer to realize this. . . : )

Joni, you are so lucky to have some time to R & R. Take advantage and do something fun!! We are losing a manager at work and I have been informed that he won't be replaced for awhile so we can't ask for any time off---meaning 2 days off in a row or more. I haven't had a weekend off with my family since the first week in June-- and then the time before that was when I had my BMX.

And big change for me--I marched myself to my stylist and got my hair colored back to the brown it was colored before I turned gray with my post chemo hair. I know its not my real color brown, but I feel just a few years younger. I think I was wearing the gray as some kind of badge of a sign of all I had been thru this year. Ok,I'm over that!!!! Now to get my butt in gear to lose the 20 I gained during chemo!!  

• reesie

Claire - you paid for that color - it's yours now Wink

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Paula66, Besides just plain male chauvinism still existing in your workplace, those guys were kicking you when you were down.  Did you outperform them in the past or something, so they saw the chemo break as something to bad mouth you about?  What idiots!  If any of them wanted the new position YOU got, get ready for some new nitpicking out of jealousy, but I hope it doesn't come to that.  Are you the only woman (target) there?

Eph, You live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest/NoCAL area.  It'll only take a bit of gas $$$ to get you someplace naturally wonderful.  If I was closer, I come hang out with you on that coastline, or maybe go down to the redwoods.

Val, You also had some lovely outdoor beauty in NoMI.  Glad you had a good visit and a good time.

reesie & cm, You two live dangerously!  I bet you go to restaurants just for the adrenalin rush of discovering what new life threatening shard will be on your plate or in your glass. You guys live on the edge!   Other than having a pitcher of ice water spilled in my lap, and a food poisoning from a Shoney's(*) tartar sauce, I've just had the occasional hair on plate or dirty silverware problem.  There was a bug in my salad once, but I have to black that out so I can still order salads these days.

(*After being up all night, I reported it to the Shoney's restaurant so no one else would ingest the tainted tartar sauce.  Ended up getting a corporate phone call, but they didn't even offer me a free future meal.  That was like 15 years ago and I have never returned.)

Everyone: Even tho' I continually discourage you from going on about the weather, I know that just about every woman here has had to recently pose the question, "Is that a hot flash, or did the "feels like" temp. just hit 100?"  We are all suffering.  We are all sweating it out.  We know.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Thanks Reesie! Sometimes I feel I have to explain too much to my non-BC friends, does that make sense? 

And  El ooh I  live  sooo dangerously!! I worked in F&B for over 20 years so I know how "accidents" happen. There are some restaurants I refuse to return to cause I know their standards are so lax. Don't even get me started on cleanliness and expired food. ICK. 

• Paula66

Elimar Ive worked at this company for 10 years and they have always been that away.  Being a woman I had to out work any one of them through out the whole plant.  I work for a small company.  I  worked hours around 95% of them because I am a woman.  Well why dont a few of them get their balls cut of then have expanders put in and then have them expanded to twice the size they once were.  They couldnt handle it.  I deserve the chance I was given, not because of the cancer but because I have earned it.  It does get to me sometimes, but I am a strong willed woman and can handle them!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Paula - Good for you sister.  LIke your signature line says "Fight like a Girl" - that can apply to so many things these days not just BC.

I know what you are talking about though.  I had to deal with the same kind of things when I was in the military believe or not - especially when I got into the senior ranks.  It was still an all boys club.  But, I did manage to leave my mark before I retired. 

• Paula66

That a girl Jo.  Im so glad you left your mark too, hee hee hee!

• eph3_12

So what did I say?  I normally work a 7 hour day, but in order to use up the vacation time, I am  putting in for 8 hrs on the days that I am taking off; after I put in for those days (13 days X 8=104 hrs) I still have 24 hours left, so for 24 of the days I'm working I'm putting in my 7 hrs that I actually work + 1 hr vacation & my paychecks will be a tiny bit bigger.  Is that not correct? Math is NOT my strong suit!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    It makes a LOT more sense that way, Eph!
  • eph3_12

Apparently writing isn't my strong suit either!