MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    Jbmiller-what a wonderful thing the funeral home did with your Dad's photos! And hooray for the clean CT results! My mom is interested in geneology and works at it off and on. She's found some interesting stuff.

Paula66-Congrats on the job offer! Way to Go!

Jusmejanis-having a date helps a lot, doesn't it? Hang in there!

Ginnybee---WELCOME! We all get tired of treatment at one, or sometimes many points. It's normal, and we just keep muddling through. We all deserve a whine and cry party or two along the way.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Greeting Maine.  Yes, having a date helps so much!  Friday is getting closer every day, finally.  It seems like such a long wait since I had my last appointment.

Jean how wonderful your treatment is over.  I hope the Tamixofen agrees with you and you get few side effects.

Welcome to anyone I have missed.  We will all be here for awhile so please vent away anytime.

Have a great day everyone.  Huge hugs.......

Janis

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Hooray JeanH!

E-what's a fot flash? Hot flash while farting?

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Eph, Fot flash is a hot flash while typing that makes you fumbly-fingered.

• elimar

The real answer is that I am a good speller, so feel I can get away without using spell check most of the time.  I forget that it is also useful for typo check, so I should use it anyway.  Then you wouldn't get onto me and my poor habits, but who am I to deny you your proofreading fun?

I feel a flash coming on. (This post punctuated with a <<poot>> while hitting the submit button.)

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

ROFLMAO - was that <<poot>> your fumbly fingers or uh..a...fot flash as Joni describes E?

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

the last week I have been having hot flashes at night again.  Nothing to major but I liked not having them at all.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

ditto

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Hi All and welcome to any neebies I've missed.  Last month I was really in that dark place with this BC diagnosis and then on top of that I lost my job to downsizing.  I've applied around and got two interviews thankfully.  I finally heard today that I DID get the job I wanted!  YEAH!  Finally something good happens!  So now all I need is that darn Oncotype score to come in low and I'm ready to celebrate!  Drinks anyone?  Kitty

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Oh, no drinks for me Kitty unless it's a "virgin".

I tried one the other night (been off chemo a couple of weeks) and whammo - return of the alcohol migraine (thought for sure that would go away, but no such luck).  I was sick all day Sunday. 

I have only had about 5 drinks since I got pregnant with my twins 22 years ago.  At first I stopped (wow, saying I "stopped" makes it sound like I was a lush lol) because I was pregnant, then because I was nursing, then because everytime I had even one alcoholic drink I would get a migraine the next day. 

So it's back to "virgins" for me (lol).  Unless I drink enough that I have a hangover the next day anway Yell

But congrats on the new job!

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

Kittygirl=Congrats on the new job.  I know finding one is scarry in todays climate.  Hope your luck holds for the onco score.

JeanH Hurray for being done and shedding the wig!!!

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504
    Congratulations on the new job Kittygirl!
  • KittyGirl2011

Thanks everyone! CHEERS!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Good Afternoon Middies - I am back from my 4 day convention in San Antonio and had a great time.  DH and I lived in that big city for 10 years before movin further south.  It was so good seeing friends again.  Now back to the grind and work in the morning.

Welcome to any newbies - this is a great place to be - this is a wonderful group of ladies.  Hope everyone is doing well - but have plenty of hugs for those who need one or two.  I will try and catch up later - if not, I do apologize and will just join in right here.

• elimar

KittyGirl2011, Cheers back on getting the job you wanted.  Way to start the week with good news. 

So, now that Paula66 and KG2011 have had good news recently on the job front, we will have to see if this is something that "comes in threes."  If it does, then I hope the good luck continues to Foxlairfrm's DH, that he found employment too.

jo,  Since your butterfly avatar has migrated, I've put another at the top of this thread.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Wow, so much stuff going on, I can't keep up when I go on a weekend hiatus. Just wanted to drop by and say hi. Went to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada to meet up with some BOC sisters to celebrate Konakat's and Olga's life. It was fabulous. Check out the NOTL thread for pix. Just wow.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

jumping in myself....BarbA that sounds magnificent----gonna go check out the thread now....

• jo1955

Eli - Figured it was way past time I put a real picture on here so everyone can see what I look like.  I still have the butterfly pic and I have to say I really like yours at the top.

• elimar
    jo,  Well, there is nothing wrong with your pic, but that photo is too serious for the upbeat way you write!!!  That is the look I used when I was on a fact-finding mission to see who found my green olive pizza hidden way back in the fridge and ate it as a 2 a.m. snack.  Then again, you can't go by what a little pink dog says.
  • justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Kitty congratulations on getting the job.  That is wonderful news.  I sure wish we could fine work.  It is ridiculous.

Welcome back Jo.  Hope you had a great time.

Barbara I will have to go check out those pictures.  Sounds like a great time was had by all.

I have no news, still waiting for Friday when I get all my test scores!

Hugs all.

Janis

• jo1955

Eli - I just have so few pics of me.  I am one of those that runs from the cameras - LOL!  DH got that one of me when I was getting ready for our Saturday night event at the convention.  I just wanted to kill him.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Congrats Kitty. 

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Thanks everyone,

Congrats on the job offer kitty and the promotion Paula.

I am definitely on the hot flash train. Mostly at nights but they can be random.

Jean

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Jean ~ Congrats on finishing rads! Cool

Kitty ~ How wonderful on the new job! Laughing

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    Aloha from Hawaii Cool
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

((SHEILA)) Keep having fun!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Sheila-can't wait to see pictures!! So jealous!! Right now I am living vicariously thru you!! I am on a beach, white sand, aqua water, hunky cabana boy bringing me a foo-foo drink with a slice of pineapple and an umbrella. I think I hear a ukelele. . . .

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Kitty congrats on the new job. 

Barb how wonderful to celebrate the lives of Konokat and Olga's life.  I am going to check out the pics.

• KittyGirl2011

Hi Sheila and Claire,  I think we're on the same beach Claire!  Oh....I forgot to put on sunscreen, maybe the hunky cabana boy will do my back!  I think there's a luau tonight.....yummmm.

• jo1955

KittyGirl - I found this one who will do your back.