Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Hauntie, that's great news, I knew it!! Nothing wrong with the ticker! Have fun and drive safe or this group might just take your license. Lol. Really, I hope you have a wonderful time especially after thus week.

Welcome StJude!

Foxy

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

wow, didn't notice the beige top till Eli pointed it out ... not sure it needed that, but whatever

so many milestones this week ... rads and chemo ... I pray for you all to get past your treatment and just post with us because it's fun. but until you're done, keep those posts coming and ask whatever you need to ask, we've heard it all before, i promise

holiday weekend ... i for one am relishing the days off from work ... this week in particular was a killer for me, so an extra day helps ... the fact that I left at 12:30 today, and I don't go back till Wednesday ... wooo hooooo!!!!!!!

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Marlegal... Thank you for all the tips on my arm issue. It is starting to feel better!!!! hugs!! :)

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

congrats Hauntie!!!!  Congrats janni way to go!

welcom stjude10.Im sorry we have to meet like this.  The gals aroung here are a lifeline for each other.  Just just in and ask away, scream cry, we have been ther and done that.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Welcome Stjude - you have found a great group of ladies - sorry we have to meet like this and I am looking forward to getting to know you.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Hauntie I am thrilled with your good news!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Eli you crack me up.  I had texted all my kids and told them white shirts and jeans for pictures.  Then it occured to me that they may not have a white shirt so I texted them back and said don't go out and spend money on a new shirt just go as light as you have.  And wouldn't you know my DIL did not have a white shirt.  The other DIL in the dress is pregnant with twins and did not have a white shirt that fit so the white dress. 

Thank you all for the wonderful comments on my family.  I do think they are pretty wonderful myself.

stjude10 welcome even though I'm sorry you have to be here.  This is a great group of ladies here and a great place to ask questions.

Plans for tomorrow have changed.  Ran into my aunt and uncle at dinner tonight and they changed their plans and are not going to spend the night tomorrow night so they are taking Mom with them.  So promised Mom I would take Dad a DQ ice cream tomorrow and he will think he is King. She knows I'll look after him so she is OK with going with my aunt and uncle.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Sherry ~ What a beautiful family photo!

Hauntie ~ Wonderful, fantastic news on the tests. Yay! Love your avatar by the way.

janinnj ~ Finished w/Rads - great!!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Welcome, Stjude10!   Did you find the lump yourself or did the mammogram?  What surgery did you have?  Is rads next for you?  Asking because we have women of all histories and stages of treatment.  Let us know if we can help with any info.
  • jo1955

Who is supposed to post the mystery pic for this week?  

• elimar

It is supposed to be Marlegal with the PIC this week.  She was so excited to win last week, I hope she hasn't forgotten. 

While we wait, I'll post this pic that has no mystery whatsoever!  That swimsuit is either on backwards or was made to be worn by those who had Mx with no recon.  I guess it could be a hot, avante-guarde Euro fashion, for the more modest on the topless beaches? Whatever!  The woman does not seem to be embarassed & is having fun in the sun and surf.  So wild!

HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GREAT HOLIDAY WEEKEND SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jo1955

Eli - I sure hope it is on backwards - that looks so uncomfortable.

• Welcome stjude10!

That woman's bathing suit literally makes me cringe...hehe....

• stjude10
    stjude10 Member Posts: 230

elimar- I had routine mammo...nothing. I noticed lump on nipple, had second mammo on left breast...nothing. Then had ultrasound on left breast and got the all clear from my Dr. Badgered them about lump on nipple. They sent me to a surgeon for physical exam (just to shut me up) and he said def. biopsy needed. Had I listened to the pathology reports, I wouldn't be on this site,and thinking everything was great. It took the surgeon about 10 seconds to find the mass when he did the ultrasound. He was not happy!

• Praise God you were persistent stjude10! Your diagnosis looks a lot like mine...I'm assuming you've had surgery?
  • elimar

stjude10,  They might have said it was nothing, but you knew it was something.  Badgering has it's advantages at times.  I have heard that the area beneath the nipple is hard to image, all the ducts coming together there.  Mine did not show up on a mammo either, but I found the lump myself and it did show up then when they looked with the ultrasound.  Bet they charged you for what they didn't find. 

I have noticed that about procedures.  If they do something once and it falls short or is unsatisfactory, they don't stand behind their work.  They will do it again, but you will pay for it again.  With that kind of program, where is the motivation to do it right the first time??

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

stjude10 - good for you for listening to what your body was telling you and insisting that the MDs listened, too.

• Hauntie

I'm off tomorrow to see the wizard -- as in Chrissy from Australia, as well as some other special gals. Not that you aren't all special. I still can't thank you enough for all your support this week.

Once I shut down my computer, I'll be out of contact for a few days. I never made it to work to pick up my laptop, so it will probably be Tuesday before I'm back on line again.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Have a good time Hauntie!!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Yay, I'll get to see you Hauntie!

Hey any East Coasters I'm still trying to get more of you to join us. The Friday's in Mt. Laurel NJ Monday at 6.

PM me if you want more info!

• jo1955

All the Texas girls will get to see ChrissyB at the end of the month.  So looking forward to it.

• marlegal

Eli, that picture is beyond any words!!!!  Speaking of pictures, let me canvass my inventory and I'll post the mystery pic in just a few minutes :)

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

♥                                                                                ♥

• marlegal

Hey Sheila...good to see you hon :)  Okay, here's this week's installment of the mystery pic.  When do I say what it is, tomorrow night?  Happy guessing kids!  It might come up a little fuzzy but that doesn't really change anything. 

• sheila888

Mushroom??????

or an animal playing with a toy????????    LOLLaughing

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

I know I'm wrong, but it looks like a tree to me.

Trish

• sheila888
    small toilet seat on a treeSealed
  • Hauntie

seyla - I'm seeing the tree, but not the toilet seat???? I'm not guessing. I won't be on line to find out the answer.

• marlegal

wish i could guess - lol :)

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Im guessing a tree!

Ladies that are meeting have a great time. Maybe next time i can join in!!! enjoy! :)