Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

I get the coconut oil at the health food store or if you have Whole Foods or traider Joes they will have it as well.  And yes I put use it on my face and even though it is an oil it does not break my face out.  Get the organic cold pressed or virgin.  It will have a light coconut smell but once you put it on you cannot smell it any longer.  It does not take much.  I just use a little

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Im jumping in Hautie!! Ive got snacks for everyone!  Good Luck!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Okay.....I'm jumping in!  I'll take a nap until we're ready to go.  Kitty kisses for you Hautie!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Jumping in too! I'll be praying while I'm in here and eating snacks too. Thinking good thoughts too. I'm a twin so I am right at home in squishy places.

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Hauntie... im there with you too!!! ill supply some drinks for the trip  thinking and praying for you.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Hope I am not too late - I am jumping in too.  Had a hectic day at work and have not had the computer on.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

I didn't get a chance to post earlier, but I provided the Captain Kangaroo jacket so you know I am in one of those big roomy pockets.  Sure got crowded FAST!!! 

Of course I could never come to a pocket party without snacks.  Plenty for all of us.

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Hi ladies - I got home about 30 minutes ago, from a long day at the medical center. I've been there since 10:30 this morning, working my way through the following schedule - echocardiogram, chest xray, EKG, drain pulled, opthamology. Now I'm just awaiting the results. I know my PCP has put a rush on getting the results of these tests. I'm expecting a phone call from her tonight or tomorrow.

As soon as the echo tech saw me she said "What the hell do you have in your pockets?" Thanks for being so quiet during the test. Foxy, thanks for holding my right hand. I don't think anyone noticed when you snuck out to hang on to it, when I had to raise it over my head. All of you lucky ladies in my left hand pocket, I hope you enjoyed meeting my mom, she held on fast to that hand.

In all seriousness, I truly felt the presence of all of you with me today. I did not need or take a xanax all day. I've taken one now while awaiting the results. 

Some good news, my eyes are much,much improved. My opthamologist  says they are just about back to normal. I am feeling no discomfort at all. Also, the diureticis working. I lost over 5 pounds of fluid today.

I think I pretty much pissed off everyone in the breast center with my demand to get my drain out. Nobody is happy with me over there, including my BS, her secretary and her nurse. My BS is on vacation, although she has stayed in town. A vacation for her is a very, very rare occurance. Her secretary was being a good gate keeper and waiting for my BS to call in re problems, questions, patient requests. I repeatedly emphasized the importance of having this drain taken out before my trip. She finally relented and paged my BS. My BS responded that if I was "hell bent " on getting the drain out today, she would send a resident over to take it out. Funny, the resident looked at it and thought it was quite ready to come out. 

I don't think, as much as I tried to emphasize the importance of what this dinner on Monday means to me, that they really understood my absolute refusal to let a drain stand in the way of me going. If  I went with a drain in, it wasn't going to be able to come out until the 12th. Probably a little to long for a drain putting out less 40-45 ccs of fluid in 24 hours to still be in me. I feel bad that people are upset and that I became not just forcefull, but downright demanding in insisting this drain came out. On the other hand, so much of what is going on right now is out of my control. It felt like this was the one thing I could control.

When I was first diagnosed with BC I felt so helpless and like I had no choice or say in what was happening to me and my body. It took me a while to realize I always have a choice. My choice may not always be in my best interest but still, it's my choice. This is probably the first time I exercised the right to choose what I wanted. I felt the drain could and should come out and I was not taking no for an answer. I'm kind of proud  that I stood up for myself and demanded to be heard. Now, the worst that could happen is that I might need some fluid aspirated. Should that occur, while I'm away, I know I can depend on my brother in New Paltz and you gals in NJ to see that it gets done.

Only one more hurdle to cross to see if I can make the trip, It all depends on the test results. Please pray for good results. I know it's been a long day for all of us. I'm about to curl up in my recliner with my blankie. All are welcome to join me.

Thank you all again. I didn't realize I could make so many close, dear friends, that I could count on, in such a short time.

I'll keep you updated.

• jo1955

Hauntie - Well, I finally decided it was time to get out of your pocket.  Whew!  it was crowded in there and we had one heck of a party.  At least everything is done and yes, the waiting is the worst.  Good for you in insisting the drain come out today - I do remember telling them repeatedly that this was a must situation - too bad they did not take you seriously until you had to get downright demanding.

Of course you are going to make that trip.  Nothing is going to stop you now so just go start packing.  If you need some help, just give me a holler. LOL1

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way my friend.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Haunt, I am proud of you for being insistent. Good for you! I hope I get to sit near you on Monday so we will get good service from the waitress. Lol

Prayers and good thoughts for good results for you. Thinking of you.

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Hauntie,

I will echo what the other ladies have said - You go girl!

I'm glad your day at the medical center is done - I had someone's elbow in my ear as it was getting fairly crowded in that left pocket!   Let us know when you can what your results are.  I'm sure all will be well.

Hugs,

Trish

• Paula66

Im glad to see you got those nasty drains outa the way.  Time for a party.  Have fun on your trip.  I'm had a blast with all the girls today.  Im a real card shark, lol!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Way to assert yourself, Hauntie.  Have some drain-free fun with the ladies on Monday.  Let us know if you get an "A" on all your tests.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Hauntie, you didn't hurt my hand at all when you squeezed the devil out of it! Especially when you were demanding that drain be removed! Good for you!! I'm sure you will be much more comfortable now that it is out. Have a wonderful trip and please tell everyone hello for me!

I'm sure your test results will be just fine.

You did great!

Foxy

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Hauntie so glad you stuck up fpr yourself and insisted. They do not understand our side of it so good for you !!!!!   It was wuite a comfy ride in your pocket didnt even get a wing bent out of shape lol!!... you go and enjoy your dinner and let your friends that you will be with embrace you there as well and when you get back we will be waiting to embrace you here!!! hugs!!!!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

And I can embrace you both places :)

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Hauntie--sounds like an overall good day--your eyes are getting better, your drain came out and you stood tall and didn't let those mean ol'docs push you around!! : ) You are woman-hear you roar!! You'll feel so much better with that drain out too!! 

• Hauntie

Thanks for all the support and approval of my warrior woman performance today. My BC is a 2 time cancer survivor (endometrial and ovarian) so she should be able to see it from our side, but I think she had her MD hat firmly tied on. Probably had it tied on during her own treatment as will, so still doesn't quite get how us commoners experience the Big C.  I'm sure we'll discuss this the next time I see her.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

{{{ Hauntie }}} Whew, what a day!

Awaiting good news, I be, I be, along with you, you'll see, you'll see Laughing

• Hauntie

Changed my avitar to my alternate personality - Wonder Woman - until after the test results come back. Big C don't mess with me.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Awesome girl!  You rock it for all of us by making yourself heard loud and clear.  Have a great time at the dinner, I feel it in my whole being that you will do well.  Kitty

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674
    Guess I'm the first one up.Went out and got the donuts to start the day. Now I have to find a Starbucks that's open. . . 
  • lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Looks good I have to go to second radation appt today at 830am.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Oh pass one of those donuts, it will go good with this coffee! TGIF. It's been a long week. Thankfully nothing planned this weekend except removing one fallen tree. That's it! Rest, relax!

DH still has no work - week 5 coming up. He's not driving me that crazy anymore. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...lol

Foxy

• Paula66

Heres ya some Starbucks Clarie!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Hauntie...you did great on the drain!  You told them and that had to have felt great.  Good thing I was deep in that pocket, a lot of the yelling and screaming got stifled.  LOL.

I just KNOW that all your tests will be fine and you are going to have a wonderful trip. 

Enjoy Hauntie!  I have a friend visiting from out of state, she got here yesterday.  If I am not here when you post the test results, that is the only reason why.  Just know I am always close.

Hugs to you, brave one!

Janis

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Good for you, Hauntie.  Sometimes we tend to pull back becaue we don't want to hurt our caregivers' feelings.  Unfortunately, it usually results in us being ramrodded into something we don't want.  Afterall, they work for us, we should have some say-so in what we want.

• jo1955

Had breakfast already but I will take one for later.  I do have my coffee.

• Hauntie

Just got up. SC (sister cousin - we're both the only girts in our families) are meeting another cousin, who's visitng from Maine, for an early lunch.. We're a close group of girl cousin's, on my father's side. We call ourselves "The Apostlettes" because there are 12 of us. As many of us that can try to get together twice a year - once in the spring, at my cousin's in Maine and once in the fall, at my cousin's on Cape Cod.

Here's a a little factoid, that my BC finds very interesting. On my paternal side, there were 4 brothers who had daughters. Of those 4 brothers, 3 of them have had daughters who had breast cancer. That's 3 out of 7 daughters that have had BC. One group of 3 sisters have never been diagnosed. Of the other brothers' daughters (brodaughs for short) only 1 has not been diagnosed . None of the daughters of the sisters (sisdaughs) have ever been diagnosed with BC. My BS is convinced there is some sort of genetic component. As far as we know this is the first generation affected by breast cancer.

I unfortunately, got the double whammy, as there is a history of BC on my mother's side - my mother (2X), one of her 3 sisters (2x), and one of her brother's daughters, who unfortunately passed away from the disease.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Amzing the connection there.  I see many women here whose mothers have been dx'd.  I happen to be one of those quirky cases who doesn't have BC as far back as we can tell on either side.  Leave it to me to be "original".