Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

hautie, i'm so excited for you!!!  i know you'll have a fabulous trip with no worries.

janinnj, rads over!  congrats.  such an important milestone.

welcome, st. jude! 

sherry, your family is gorgeous.  every one of them!

my 5th grandchild came thursday night.  he's so precious and will always be so important to me. his name is charlie and i'm very much in love. he chose a time to come when i was feeling great and could be there with my daughter and keep her daughter at night and take pics and do the whole grandmother thing.  i'm so blessed.  

i'm having a nail issue, dangit.  my thumbnail is extremely tender and throbbing.  lago assured me that it's probably the se from taxotere.  ugh.  it hurts and i guess it's getting ready to lift.  i iced my nails last treatment, too. maybe it will only be this nail. 

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

A comment on the picture of the lady in the bathing suit. I don't have breasts anymore, but I'm feeling phantom pain just thinking of how uncomfortable that bathing suit looks. Do you think anyone ever told her she had it on backwards?

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Hi All,  My guess is the mouth of a slug.  Darn things eat my hostas every year!  Have LOTS of fun Hauntie,  Welcome stjude but sorry if is because of BC.  Eli, that swim suit IS on backwards!  Makes me hurt just looking at it.  Been at work again for a long day, hope I can keep up with you all.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Kitty

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

the bathing suit looks like it hurts.

I keep thinking the picture looks like a tree to me as well.

Yaya sorry you are having nail issues but glad your grandson got to come and visit.  My grandkids always lift my spirits.

Can't wait to meet Chrissy at the end of this month.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

It's an octopus or a squid staring at us all!!!

That bathing suit wearer must have some MAJOR screws loose! 

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

maple tree

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Looks like a tree branch or cut piece of wood to me.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

For football fans- the Hokies won yesterday! Yay!! Good luck to all the college teams this year!

Foxy

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Morning all,

Taking a break from my company...actually everyone is still sleeping.  I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Sunday!

Congrats on everyone who gets to go to the east coast party.  How wonderful!  Have fun, hug and laugh lots.

Sherry I love the picture of your family.  They are amazing.  What a time to cherish!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I think it's a snake eye.

She has more than screws loose in THAT pic!!

• Hauntie

I'm shutting the computer off. I'm heading to Noo Joosey (via Noo Yawk). I should be able to check in later on DB's computer.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Mystery pic guess - Looks like a close up of a rose bush.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Panelling?

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Guess I will have to say tree also, but I'll say a washed up stump that Marlegal saw on the Jersey shore.

I'm only saying tree because I don't see how she could have gotten a pic of the inside of my left ovary to photograph that last remaining egg in there.

Marlegal, you can reveal the answer tonight; or 'cause it is a long weekend, you can give it til Monday afternoon or so, to give more people a chance to guess if you want to. 

Mystery Pic on page 486...Keep Guessing!

• jo1955

YOUR INVITED:

What:  Texas Get Together

When:  Saturday, October 1st

Where:  San Antonio

Time:  Not sure yet.

Anyone intersted in attending please PM either myself or SherryC no later than the 15th of Sept. If anyone needs hotel reservations and needs help with that PM Sagina - she has so graciously volunteered to be our tour guide since she lives there.

ChrissyB from Austrailia will also be with us. 

• stjude10
    stjude10 Member Posts: 230

Barb58-I'm actually having my surgery this Wed. UMX, w/TE placed and reduction and lift on the other. SNB will also take place. I'm enjoying this long holiday weekend w/friends and family, and thankful the weather cooled off here so we can get out of the house!

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

Hauntie-I guess you've already hit the road for NJ.  Be safe.

YaYa-  Did they tell you to use Tea Tree Oil on your nails?  I think it helps.  I had my last Taxol June 23rd and I didn't completely loose any but my fingers were tender the whole time.  All of my nails look like they got smashed but I think the Tea Tree oil helped keep them from completely falling off.  They are about 1/3 grown out now.  Also watch out for the neuropathy.  It seems to get worse through the treatment and I didn't realize I was was getting any until the last treatment.  Ask you MO what to do to help prevent it.  Mine recommended 50 cc B6.

All you girls have a great time with Crissy tomorrow. I wish I could join you but have a family commitment.  I will be thinking of you.

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250

Hi there ladies,

I am new to this thread, but after reading some of your posts, and enjoying the delightful pictures of men and food, I feel I fit right in.  It is quite a spot we are in, for me at age 45, being part of the sandwhich generation, where your kids aren't out of the house yet, and your parents are moving in .... yikes. it has been rough going through this BC journey. My father in law lived with us for 5 months with dementia from Dec 5, 2010 until right befor I found out I had BC in April 2011, We got him into a home a week before my first surgery. My kids are 16 and 18, so I was at the peak of stress right before I got my DX. I am so glad to be a part of these threads. It has really helped me get through my toughest days, with a smile, Thank you all Smile

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Here's a pic of my oldest grandchild. Zach turns ONE on the 9th!!

And welcome zumbagirl, you'll have fun here. You can see we're a real mix of lifestyles here! From kids to grankids and all the good stuff in-between.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Welcome, zumbagirl!  I have a similar Dx (except not HER2+) and was in a similar situation, with two teens of similar ages.  All I can say is I tried to look at the silver lining that, at least, my two were driving themselves by that time and could do everything else for themselves too.  I cannot imagine having the daily chores that go with young kids on top of having B/C treatments.  That is just a double-header of fatigue!

Barbe,  He's a cutie!  He has really outgrown his playpen.  I have heard tell of those giant, super-babies, but this is the first time I've seen one.  My husband has the same shirt.

jo, Good guess, and thanks for reminding me to prune my rose bush today.

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

welcome Zumba girl. we are here for whatever you need

Barb.. your grandson is adorable!!1 how many grandchildren do you have?

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Welcome Zumga girl this is a great thread to hand out in.

Barb what as cutie you have on your hands.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Barb, what a cutie! I'll be able to post a pic of the new born soon. If she doesn't have it before Friday, they will induce her Friday morning! So excited.

Welcome Zumba girl!

Foxy

• jo1955

Welcome Zumbagirl - We are all here for you.

Barbe - What a cutie - bet he is a delightful handful.

Eli - Your welcome - hope you did not get stuck by a thorn.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Wow it has been busy around here.  I have had a busy busy Saturday but it was a good time had by all.  Went over to the cheese festival with my mom and sons ex-gf.  Got my yummy Amish treats to hold me over for awhile.  I cant wait until Oct. so I can go back and  bring home the yummy cheese they have. Went to my oldest sissys for lunch today and had my arse handed to me in cards. 

Welcome zumba girl the gals are great around here.  Heres a hottie to hold you over, lol!

• jo1955
    Paula - I've been good today - can I have one too?  Innocent
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

this is probably dating me but HUBBA HUBBA!  I want one too!

• Paula66

Ok Jo heres one for you!!!!

I didnt forget you also Eph, lol

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

I might not be on computer much tomorrow, so I'll post the answer to the mystery pic, and post the whole picture, about 8 or 9 Eastern time tonight.

Barbe, he is beyond cute!!!

Zumbagirl, welcome. Glad you found this thread - we have a lot of fun here, but always available and willing to answer any questions you might have at all.

• Paula66

I say the pic is Annettes arse since there hasnt been much rain, lol!

• Hauntie

I made it to New Paltz. It took a little longer than expected. I had to stop at a rest area for a nap.

Zumbagirl - Welcome- Probably anything you come up against, someone here has already faced, so don't be afraid to ask. Remember, there are no stupid questions.

Barbe - He's adorable. How tall is he?

I'm not sure what thread to post this on, so I'll start here. I'm experiencing some (lots) of nerve irritation on my upper chest since my PMX.  It's mostly above the incision, where you usually get a sunburn (collarbone down). It feels just like a really bad sunburn. If it's not burning, it's itching. At times I can't stand to have anything touching my skin. I've tried my usual nerve calming tricks - Benedry for the itch I can't scratch and capsacin roll on, which usually works on the nipple that's not there, but feels very irritated. The capsacin so did not work on this. I've washed it off and am rubbing ice cubes on the area. It gets even more uncomfrotable when I'm sweaty. My PCP said if it doesn't calm down on its own, she'll try prescribing something.  Any suggestions out there?