Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Hauntee I'll be in your pocket as well.  Can't let you go alone.  Sounds like we might have a party in your hotel room.       

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Hauntie! your beautiful exactly the way you are!.. Looks like it is going to be a full house on Thursday, but we ladies wouldnt have it any other way!!!!!

Hugs

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369
    Sherry - Maybe I'll rent a suite! But, something tells me the Red Roof Inn doesn't have suites. Smile
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Hauntie - What a gorgeous picture that is of you.  Make room for me in your pocket as well.

Kay -  You are one gorgeous gal too.  

Tink - You changed your avatar - love it!! 

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Hauntie you got me LOL!!!  I love seeing the "real" you and still think you are stunning!  I am so glad you liked the coat.  it is perfect, as it will get plenty crowded in there.

Another comforting reminder of innocence I see as sadly lost.  I loved those old shows too!! 

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Hautie you look good in your new pic.  I had to do a double take when I say the earlier photo. 

Tink love the new look too!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Love seeing your pictures Hauntie and Tink!  I was not a real fan of the Captain but I liked "Bunny Rabbit" cause he always got into trouble, just like I did.  I did love Sheri and Lambchop.  To this day I can't eat them without thinking of poor little Lambchop.  Those pockets are sure going to be bulging with all your friends here!  Kay - now you did it, I got earworm!  I need a new song....quick!  Kitty

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Love everyone's new avatars. Gonna have my DD take a new one of us so everyone can see me with my new do.

Kay, did you put that song in my head to get even with me for shore traffic. Take the Betsy Ross no one ever uses it.

Claire, the only flooding I got was in our new basement pool. Really though it was just a couple.of inches and my DH was able to keep it from reaching the water heater and washer and dryer.

I think we got really lucky. My DD and DS spent Sunday with the fire dept dewatering homes (they only could help where it was deeper than six inches because that's the level where it starts to reach gas and electricity).

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I don't eat lambchops because of Shari & Co.

New earworm: Come & listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed.  Poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed......next

• tinkertude

Thanks I thought it was time to stop hiding behind Tink lol... but she"ll be back!

This is the song that never ends lol! my daughter will sing that just to make me nuts :)

• Hauntie

This one I actually do sing quite frequently at work - accompanied by all the gestures - although with 2 artificial knees, I usually cheat and do it sitting down.

Everybody stand up, shake out all your wiggles and here we go...

Head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes

Eyes and ears and mouth and nose,

Well done. Who wants to do it again - faster?

• tinkertude

one more time!!!  lol

we used to love when my kids were little...

Do your ears hang low do they wobble to and fro/

Can you throw them over your shoulder like a continelntal soldier

Do your ears hang low!

Now i will have that song in my head all  night

• eph3_12

then one day he was shooting at some food, when up from the ground came a bubblin' crude---oil that is---black gold, Texas tea!!!!  Well the next thing you know'd ole Jed's a millionaire, the kinfolk said, "Jed, move away from there!"........next

• eph3_12

E-you've been busy today painting haven't you?????????

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

They said California is the place you ought to be. So they loaded up the car and they moved to Beverly. Hills that is, swimming pools, movie stars

• Hauntie

California's the place you ought to be, so he loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly

Hills that is - swimming pools, movie stars.

THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Oh no!  I know every word in that hillbilly song!  Boy that dates me.  I just hope I am not singing it all night.  LOL!

• Sherryc

I used to love watching the Beverly Hillbillies.  It was in Black and white in those days.

Well my house in quiet again.  My Seattle kids left yesterday I had taken off today as well because I knew I would be tired. Went to bed early last night and slept late this morning and have done laundry all day.  Also help DH in his office on a couple of little projects he needed my help on.  Back to work tomorrow but thank goodness only two days and a long weekend.  My son did all the photography this week so when he gets me the pics I'll post some.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Tink and Haunt--what lovely avatars!! So happy to match the face to your posts!! Haunt, thinking about you today, remember to breathe. . in.  . . . out. . .  you're on a beach. . .warm sand between your toes. . .nice tropical breeze. . .cute cabana boy putting sunscreen on you. . WOOPS sorry forgot you were suppose to keep that heart in control!!

Sorry I missed the songfest last night, my wireless keeps going in and out and typing on my iphone bites!! Have to use my DH's computer since his is plugged in. RRRGH!!

"Green acres is the place to be, farm living is the life for me. . . . "

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Land spreadin' out so far and wide.  Keep Manhattan and give me that countryside.

Oh no!  I know all the words to both songs - I feel like I am really aging myself. 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    I think we all sang that greenacres theme.I know all the words as well.Laughing
  • cmbear

New York is where I'd rather stay, I get allergic smelling hay. . .

• Hauntie

Are all my pocket pals ready? I'm about to jump in th shower. Echo is at 11, then a EKG and a chest Xray. For those of you who want to spend the day with me, the opthamology appointment is at 2:20. Somewhere in the midst of all this, please God, the drain will come out. You might want to bring a book, it's going to be a long day. Thanks everyone for being with me today.

• cmbear

First one in Hauntie!! Please don't anyone step on my head when you jump in!!

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Hauntie,

I have no witty words or pretty pictures (not creative enough!) but I will be with you in your pocket today holding your hand.  Cmblastic - here I come, I'll be careful.

Trish

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I'll jump in.  Save some pocket lint for me.

• cmbear

Welcome Trish! I'll move over and give you some space. Hauntie, since its going to be a long day, I brought some healthy snacks

Afterall, dark chocolate is good for you!!

• Sherryc

Hauntie I'm in and I brought a book to read, but if I know these girls there will be a pillow fight or something to keep us busy and I won't get to read anyway.

Middies since most of us are always looking for lotions and things for our bodies I have to share with you my experience with organic coconut oil.  For those of you not familar with it it is a solid but melts in your hands.  You can cook with it or use it on your face and body. It has been discussed on some of the threads here on BCO it is one of the good fats if you decide to cook wit hit. Anyway my DS and DIL were visiting from Seattle.  It has been two years since we have seen them.  My DIL commented on how great my skin was looking and wanted to know what I had been doing.  It is the coconut oil.  I started using it on my face around January and I knew that it was helping me but did not realize how much. 

• cmbear

You use it on your face Sherry, and it doesn't make you break out?? Sign me up!!!!! I'm off to the store right now, where do you find such a wonderful thing that takes two years off of your age????

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Sherryc, thanks for missing me.  My mind has just not been able to settle on reading so much lately.  BTW Where do you get coconut oil?

Hauntie, best wishes today.  I had a baseline echo before chemo, but when I requested a copy for my cardiologist a couple years later, it seems they don't have it. Hmmm/  I had the dreaded Adriamycin and have since had a heart procedure and take meds.  Can't say for sure it was the chemo but... I feel pretty good most of the time btu lately noticed the swelling.  I see my GP in a couple weeks and will discuss with her.

I have to head to work, no pocket pillow fight for me, but I will be with you in thoughts and prayers.

Meece