Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• marthah
    marthah Member Posts: 195

LOL, Lory...I'd forgotten about the blue pee after the dye they give you for the SNB. Thanks for the reminder. I was so scared at the time (had my lumpectomy too) that I missed the humor in things like that.

Good news on the B9 results, too.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Barb urggg about the ooph and hyst with Christmas coming up.  Hope you can get everything scheduled ok

Lory good news on the B9, hope the SNB comes back B9 as well.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    LC-Barb58,  What are your side effects?  Sometimes an MO will have you come off Tamox. for some weeks and then try it again, and the S/E's are more bearable.
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Janis,  Make room for me in your pocket - looks like it is going to be one heck of a pocket party.

Lory - Good news on the B9 results - crossing fingers for the same on the SNB.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Barb will be thinking of you!

Lory good news on the B9 and continued B9 for the rest.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    I think we have to point someone as a pocket carrier Wink
  • WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

I'm 63, but (generally) feel more like I'm 50. I'm a new member of this club. Hope you ladies will share the secret password and handshake with me. I had my surgery -- lumpectomy and SNB -- 12 days ago, now awaiting Oncotype test results and CT scan before the MO makes a recommendation as to whether I should have chemo or just radiation, followed by one of the anti-hormone drugs. 

• marthah

Hiya Wave, and welcome to the club no one wants to join. Tongue out

The secret handshake is a hug. The secret password is welcome. Kiss

Tell us a little about yourself when you have time! 

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Janis,  will be in your pockets tomorrow.  I have a good feeling for B9 results.  Bringing my favorite food of all time, chocolate covered pretzels and some good beer to go with it.

Welcome newbies.  Please chime in the conversation, ask questions and just vent if you need to.

Had onc visit, Herceptin and radiation today, the trifecta.  Will be joining the Tamoxifin club soon.  Got my prescription.  Only two more radiation txs and I will be done!  I actually think I am better today than on Monday.  Not sure how that's possible, but I'll take it. 

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    welcome, wave.  here's my secret handshake:  {{hug}}  i know how hard it is waiting on the oncotype results. i hope you get a very low score.  stay around this place and you'll get lots of support and questions answer.  sorry you had to join us, but it's a great place.
  • cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Welcome Wave (((HUG)))) Not the place you WANT to be, but we are all making the best of it. You are always at home here.

Janis--getting the pocket all cleaned out for everyone.

We will be drinking in your honor and toasting your good health!!! Cheers and B9!!!! 

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Welcome, WaveWhisperer ~ Sorry you have to be here, but glad you have found us. This is a wonderful, supportive group of ladies. We have lots of fun, we do need to let loose at times, but we become very serious when a sister is in need of comfort or has a question. Don't be afraid to ask whatever is on your mind. Nothing is off limits.

I'll be moving from pocket to pocket tomorrow, but I'll be sure to bring those tasty Honey BBQ Cheetos! Keeping good thoughts for good results for those in need.

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Janis-I'll be thinking of you!

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195

wavewhisper

Welcome ,ask any questions you have.The ladies here have helped me alot.

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195

janis I will be thinking of you.I'll bring some chocolate.Smile

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Morning all,

I had an ooph/hyster back in Dec '09 and I stayed on tamox until Dec '10 (waited until iArimidex went generic) and I did ok.  My se's after the ooph are the standard hot flashes and such.  I've been lucky that I have been able to handle much of what bc has sent my way.  I have about one more year on arimidex but so far so good.

Trish

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Hope everything goes smooth as silk Janis!

Whew - I'm a bit claustrophobic for that crowded pocket so I'll set up a circle of chairs just outside if anyone needs to take a breather! S'mores anyone??

Just over one week on tamoxifen and no problems so far. Was REALLY sleepy late yesterday afternoon/evening but then couldn't sleep last night - kept waking up. Grr.  

• Kay_G

madpeacock, I'll be starting tamoxifen this weekend.  A little nervous about it, but with everything else I've been through this year, I'm not sure why.  I guess the length.  Onc said 5 years.  The one year of Herceptin still seems so far away to finish (May).

• Kay_G

Good thing I like to be in crowds.  Thinking of you Janis and hoping for B9 results.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Wavewhipser welcome to the group.  It is a great place to be for support.  Ask any questions as someone has probably been there done that and can help. Also vent whenever you feel the need as we all have at one point or another.  Otherwise hang out and have fun with us.

• cmbear

Janis I know you can't eat before surgery, but I wanted to include you in the cheetos club. Course I also made sure you have something pleasant to wake up to!

I tried getting him to keep his scrubs on but, ahh hell, no I didn't. . .  

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324
    Janis sent you a FB comment and you know I will be there in that pocket for you.  I'm thinking B9!  Welcome to the newbies but sorry you have to be here because of BC.  This is a great place to be and the support is unmatched anywhere.  I don't know what I would do with out all these great sisters. I've been working like a mad women so just trying to keep up here.  Best wishes to everyone! Kitty
  • Praying for you Janis!

Welcome wavewhisperer....though I'm sorry you have to be here.

Thank you prayrv for the encouragement. I must admit I'm a bit worried about instant menopause plus arimidex. My sister had to have her ovaries out because of cysts but she was able to have HRT for a while and didn't have to take arimidex to make things worse.

Crowded pockets today...I'll bring along the leftover Halloween candy so that I don't eat it all by myself!

• marthah

Claire, you crack me up!!!

Love the gin in my apron pocket pic, and of course a little beefcake for breakfast! Innocent

That washboard reminds me I need to do laundry tonight! 

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Claire I knew there was a re3ason I put you in charge!  Clearly you have earned the title of PPP.  The pay is lousy, but the bennies are fabulous!

Welcome to all newbies.  I see I have a sister in Idaho!  Welcome, glad your results were b9.  Hope you get nothing but good news in the future!

Welcome Wave!  Sorry you have to be here, but there are such great ladies here.  Most of us are real familiar with the waiting.  I hope the time goes quickly for you and you get great results.

Thank you all for the wonderful warm prayers and wishes.  So appreciated...and the party of course!  I have to leave for the hospital in 10 minutes.  Enjoy the party everyone!!!!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Claire - I wouldn't mind waking up and seeing that.  You can keep the Cheetos.  You are now the official PPP of this thread.

• elimar
    Glad to see everyone gave a warm welcome to you already, Wavewhisperer.   We have a few in the "ish" age range, but I just assume that they have read thru' a few pages and know what they are getting themselves into.  Haha!  Whichever is next for you--chemo or rads--you have some sisters who can relate and help on this thread.  We are waiting right along with you for your Onco score.
  • elimar

The rest of you woke up on the funny side of the bed today.  Don't get too rambunctious in janis' pocket, you don't want her to have some crazy zig-zag on her neck.  Pass the Cheetos!

p.s. marthah, we need to do something about your mental imagery, you poor thing!

• cmbear

Just for you E!!

!

and just so we don't leave a mess. . .

• elimar

They are so finger-licking good, I may not even need the towelette.