Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Lory48
    Lory48 Member Posts: 266

Ohh Tom Selleck!! My First husband could be his double

• marthah
    marthah Member Posts: 195

Nope, and nope. Selleck is close, though!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Can I ask for a hint? I think it's an athlete?

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    marthah, Considering I don't agree with "Sexiest Man ALIVE" this year, who can blame you for oogling a deceased hunk?  The other one is Sam Elliot, and I remember there were a few here that liked him and posted him before you arrived.  He's a bit senior for me now, but was not bad back in his pool boy days.
  • Lory48
    Lory48 Member Posts: 266

Ohh Snap.. Sam??

• Kay_G

I don't think I ever heard of Sam Elliott

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Kay--if you have seen any cowboy movie in the last 30 years--he was in it. 

Had to include this pic from Roadhouse. TWO-fer!! Can we just scratch out the blonde? If I knew how to photoshop I would!! 

• Kay_G

Probably explains it, I don't watch too many cowboy movies, but how about replacing the blonde with me? ;)

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

That's Sam Elliott? Huh. I had to go all Wikipedia on Bradley Cooper and when I read his list of shows & movies he had been in, it was like, "No, nope, not that one, who?, think I heard of it..." and so on. I saw a pic of Patrick Swayze not long before he passed and it was sad. 

My DD is home sick with a sinus infection. One of us always gets something right before Thanksgiving. Two years ago she fell while playing tennis the NIGHT before Thanksgiving and broke both bones in her wrist. Try finding a decent orthopedist at 9 p.m. on Turkey Eve... 

Just made her (and I) some tea, so going to enjoy it and read... 

• lwarstler
    lwarstler Member Posts: 123

So, I'm not the best at this but how about this instead Claire:

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Here is my favorite. watched him the other night in  (The Tourist)

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    ROTFLMBO at the pic.  This so made up for going to the dentist today!!!  Claire you lucky gal you!!!
  • marthah

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Good job, Eli!

Yes, it is Sam Elliot. Not only was he mighty good lookin', he has that awesome deep baritone voice. :::shiver:::

Kay, Sam did some movies with Tom Selleck...mostly cowboy stuff. 

• DenimBlue
    DenimBlue Member Posts: 9

This looks like a really fun group. I love the photoshop job above. Sweet.

Hi, my name is Jeanne and I'm 41 and I need friends. (Replace "41" with "5" and you get the same into I gave on the first day of kindergarten. It didn't go over all that well. Hoping for better this time.)

I don't have any kids. I have a husband who tells me he's the child I never had. (I said "that's nice but I wanted a daughter.") We've been married 10 years. We also have 3 dogs that we spoil rotten and I have 2 little nieces who are the joy of my life.

I have two jobs: "systems analyst" full time and "church pianist" part time.  The latter is fun, while the former pays real money.  I am very blessed in that I get to work from home.  I'm taking my lunch break at the moment.

I was diagnosed with DCIS in April and have had my lumpectomy and my radiation (also had a hysterectomy at the same time, not related to the BC, just needed to be done) and for some reason I thought I would be "back to normal" now but I've lost whatever my normal was and I think now I need to invent a new normal.

Most people I know have kids or else very busy lives and so I spend a lot of time babbling to the hairdresser, personal trainer and massage therapist.  My husband asked me if I could find friends that we didn't have to pay to hang out with me. (No, he's not cruel, that's just his sense of humor. It has gradually grown on me.)  I need to find some kind of thing to be involved with, like go work at an animal shelter or a nursing home, and then I can meet people.  But it won't happen today and tomorrow isn't looking good either. I have to cut down on work hours first.

I did so well with surgery and radiation, I was Ms. Tough Girl, and now that everything is supposed to be all over and I no longer have any excuse for feeling bad, my Superwoman costume has torn and I am leaking out through it. (Just yelled at my husband, and I'm not a yeller. I feel bad about the outbursts but don't know how to stop them.) Have been having to take Xanax to sleep through the night; I am going to run out and so will have to swallow my pride or whatever it is and tell my doctor I need more.

Thanks for giving me a place to "talk". I look forward to reading posts here.  I have looked before but never written.  I tend to go in spurts where I forget to be online for a few days (due to work) and then get a break.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jeanne

• marthah

Lee Ann, now that's what I call a sandwich!!! Yee haw!!!

• marthah

Welcome, Jeanne! Nice to meet you!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121

This one is for Jeanne.
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Welcome Jeanne glad you decide to join us.  This is a great place to meet for support, vent or get silly, whatever sticks your mood.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Welcome to the group. This is a great place for comfort, support, information or to just get silly.  Come often and just hang out with us.

• DenimBlue

Thank you, marthah.  Thank you, SherryC, right now I will pick "silly" since I've had my tantrum for the day (I hope just one!) and silly usually follows. Thanks, SAB, I'm not sure who I'm looking at here (I don't get out often) but that's a great picture.

• Welcome Jeanne!!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121

Jeanne, it's Viggo Mortenson.  He usually cheers me up!

• elimar

SAB, I read Lord Of The Rings so long ago, and waited patiently for 25 years for the movie trilogy to come out so I could love that too.  I also liked how they made Viggo Mortenson look even hotter by giving him dark hair.

DenimBlue, welcome!   Sounds like you've been through some changes this year.  Need friends?  We've got some very nice sister-women right here.  The bad thing about online friends is that they can't come over to share a bag of Cheetos with you.  The good thing about online friends is they can't stop by and ask to borrow your carpet shampooer, which you really don't want to loan out anyway because you just know it will come back with foreign hair trapped inside the wand-brush thing, and then what do you say?  

We are having "fun with hunky heartthrobs" today because it's been a long week with a whole lot of us having appts. and procedures, so we have to decompress.  Here, we share our B/C stories, our feelings and experiences from the middle-aged years, and some laughs and tears along the way. 

p.s. lwarstler, ha-ha-ha, the claire head!  Laughing

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

can i have orlando bloom and sean bean too please!    hello jeanne welcom to the madhouse! excuse us all  we have been having pocket parties all week

• Kay_G

Welcome Jeanne, I will be your friend! Wish you lived closer, but Texas is a long way from Philadelphia. Eli, you crack me up! And for humor to really be funny, there has to be some truth in there. I am guessing you own a carpet cleaner which you've loaned out before.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Lovin' the hunks!

Denimblue-loved your comment back to your husband when he says he's the child you never had-Currently I have a 17 yr daughter I'll give you!

• elimar
    kay1963,  I can neither confirm nor deny.  Everythihng I write has some truth in it, but the trick is in guessing just how much.  Haw-de-haw-haw!
  • justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

I usually prefer dark haired men, but he can blow up my skirt anytime!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Oh, and welcome Jeanne!  You will find a lot of friends here, so feel free to come and talk anytime.  There are lots of warm and friendly and slightly offbeat characters here!

I am an animal lover too.  Our two dogs and three cats are our babies!  :)

• DenimBlue

Thank you everyone!  I already feel better. Going to try to find some healthy food in my kitchen that doesn't require cooking. (Yeah, good luck with that one, I know.)

Jeanne