Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368

Pictionary, ha!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Thats one ugly bird, lol!

Lory I have read about others whose nails started to lift and they swear by this tip.  While your getting chemo have your nails in ice.  This is suppose to stop it.  I dont know if this works but others say it does.  Mine just got black but never lifted.  My big toe started to but it was at the end of treatment so it never got any worse.  Good luck with the icing.  BTW your boys look great!

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    lory, i'm one who iced toenails and fingernails ... and sucked on ice during the taxotere part of my treatment.  i don't have an issue with any nail and i never had mouth sores.  i had my very last treatment last monday.  from my experience, the icing works!
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

YaYa5...special happy dance finishing up chemo this week.  Congrats!

• DenimBlue
    DenimBlue Member Posts: 9

Probably will not have time to log in tomorrow - Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

• marilyn113
    marilyn113 Member Posts: 26

My anesthesiologist today was very easy on the eyes.  I was feeling no pain before he gave me any meds.  Cool

Congrats, Marthah!  You achieved a major milestone.  Can't wait for the day I can say the same.  Actually looking forward to getting started.

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Can't catch up, but want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

I am grateful for all of you.

Your caring support, your uplifting arms, your loving hugs.

Your humor.

I would not be as strong as I am today would it not be for all of you.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and loved ones.

Love and hugs,

Val

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

happy thanksgiving everybody

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

E---The posts about Squanto-your reaction to the fake pilgrim & then your historical accounting were by far & away some of the funniest stuff I've read in a long time-Girllllllllllllllllllllllllll, you are hilarious!

Happy TGiving to all my BC buddies whether it's really your TGiving or not-let the festivities commence! 

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Happy Thanksgiving to all you gals!!  I hope you have a good time.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Canadians have their Thanksgiving a month earlier so we get the better turkeys! Seriously!!!! Actually we have to do it before the snow shuts the roads down and we have to huddle in our igloos...

Who is Squanto???

Happy Day to all my 'merican friends. I love most of you!!! But am thankful to all...

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Happy Thsnksgiving everyone! I want to let everyone how thankful I am to have all you in my life. You gals have helped me more than you know.

I'm especially thankful to be here this Thanksgiving and am looking forward to many more.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am watching Miracle on 34th Street (newer version). Never was a fan of watching parades on tv, but will be watching football later. I am also grateful for all of you and just being here. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Dylan McDermott is pretty easy on the eyes, which I could post a picture, but the dang iPad won't let me.

• Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I am thankful to our dear Lord for another year of life  and to all of you for your support these last six months.

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  Thanks to all of you ladies for the information, inspiration, and the photos and laughs. I am thankful that we are here to enjoy life on this special day! Onward and upward.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Happy Thankgiving Everyone.  I would not have made it this far in this journey without all your caring, support and love.  You all are the best!!!

• samsue
    samsue Member Posts: 599

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I enjoy your company, the laughter, pain (sometimes) and friendship. Blessings to all.

• elimar

Very thankful that my family is healthy and we are all together today, including my old dog. 

Also thankful for everyone here for letting me be your B/C sister.  (Uh, yes, this is your blouse I'm wearing today.  What?  You didn't hear me ask when you were in the shower?)

Happy Thanksgiving Magnificent Middies!  May all your guests be well-mannered today.

• elimar

Sharing my recipe for CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS.  (Good at Christmas too.)

• 2 cups All Purpose Flour
    • 1 1/2 cups oats
    • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    • 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
    • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    • 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
    • 1/4 cup lemon juice
    • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
    • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
    • 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, combine flour, oats, 3/4 cup brown sugar and butter; mix until crumbly. Reserving 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
    2. In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth; stir in lemon juice. Spread evenly over prepared crust. In small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cornstarch; stir in cranberry sauce. Spoon evenly over cream cheese layer. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
    3. Bake 40 minutes or until golden. Cool. Chill. Cut into bars. Makes 24.  Store covered in refrigerator.

• darlam
    darlam Member Posts: 24

OOOOH! Those look good! We will have to try these! Thanks for sharing. You made me hungry, though, and we're not eating for another 2 hours!!!!!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Happy day after Thanksgiving! My internet has been having fits all week so I feel I have missed so much. You never realize how much you miss something till its gone. . . and what I mean is my contact with all you lovely ladies. It keeps me sane to come here and be a part of this community of women. Thanks to all of you for opening up your hearts and arms.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

good morning claire, are you glad your not working today! co cranberry bars sound so good

• elimar

I know I asked last year, but who had temporary insanity and went shopping today?  What time?

[ETA -- Were you armed with pepper spray?]

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

My DD got me to take her shopping this morning at 6:30. Abercrombie had 50% off everything in their store until 9 am. I can't believe I let her get me to do that. I am so tired. I never shop on black Friday.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Kay, I laughed at your description of Thanksgiving dinner when you were a kid - are we related? If not, our Moms definitely shopped and cooked together - must have had the same cookbook!!! Our table last night looked nothing like the tables of my childhood, but even so, Thanksgiving was always, and still is, my favorite holiday. It was always just about family. No gifts, no pressure, just gathering for a day.

I too am grateful to all my friends/sistahs here and share the sentiments that I couldn't have gone through treatment without you.

Newbies, take heart from how many of us "old timers" still come here for the friendship and to help each other out. A unique group we are :)

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Marlegal - Yes indeed - we are a "unique" group.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Well girls as I have been given the honor of posting the Mystery Pic for this weekend I though I would get in eary and give you all an extra day or so to try anf guess it.  

The Mystery Pic is:-

Have fun!!  I'll be watching!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• marthah
    marthah Member Posts: 195
    Chrissy, is it an out of focus sweater or some other knit?
  • FLwarrior
    FLwarrior Member Posts: 614

My guess is an out of focus (zoomed in) piece of coral.