Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Yes, stretch waists, nighties, and mu-mus are all more forgiving after the binge known as Thanksgiving.  (Representing all those feeling "stuffed" today with pic at the top.)  But, Barbe, considering your Thanksgiving was a month ago, the reason for your quirky decorating eccentricity is obviously hot flash related.

Raise your hand if you had to open some windows and doors to stay comfortable during those hours the turkey was roasting in the oven.  (Otherwise known as "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen" day.)

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Okay you got me, my hand is up and my elastic waist pants are still feeling tighter today. Oh, I like these!  Their furry.  Kitty

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

MP guess (thanks to others' suggestions): Kid looking at turtle in an squarium???

• WaveWhisperer

I had to check but YES, I'm wearing pants with a drawstring.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

When do we get the solution to this weeks's mystery pic?  I really want to know.  I saw lots of good guesses.

• Aerial
    Aerial Member Posts: 33

***raising hand***  Yep, I'm wearing light cotton sweat pants!

I'm with YaYa--the photo seems like coral in an aquarium.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I've got elastic waistband pants on, but I certainly worked off a lot of my dinner today.  Raked leaves for 2.5 hours, solid-filled the garbage company's "yard debris" bin to the tippy-top & have 3 humungous piles in the back waiting for afore-mentioned bin to get empty on garbage day (tomorrow).  It was a decent day to do it & it was nice to actually achieve so much.  Last year I was only 6 weeks out from my shoulder surgery & there was no leave raking done last year until way into spring!  Then walked the dog for another long walk.

I am stumped on the MP-ChrissyB, what is it??????      

• elimar

Crrissyb has to wake up (now Monday a.m. in AUS) & have tea before the big reveal on the MP. 

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Looking forward to hearing what the mystery pic is too. I am thinking the aquarium guess is a winner. I am wearing elastic waste band, but only because I am in my pj's. That is the bad part of going to my sister's for thanksgiving, no leftovers to overindulge in. I am craving some more turkey and stuffing.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

I am wearing draw string lounge pants.  Makes me feel like I can eat a bit more and not have the tight pants on - LOL!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Sorry girls but I just got back from the city, I had a doc's appointment this afternoon.  Okay...lol....I've kept you in suspenders long enough!  Meet the mystery pic and weep....lol.

The pic was of the small section where the three colors of feather meet at the top of the wing.  I thought the color blue would surely give it away.....lol

Now the next question is who for next week as no-one guessed or even came close.......  Eli?  any suggestions?

The pic disappeared for some reason.  Hope it sticks around this time!

• chrissyb

Oh, I'm wearing a dress that is free flowing so no waist band at all   hahahahahaha!

Love n hugs all.  Chrissy

• WaveWhisperer

Chrissy, what a surprise!!! What kind of bird is that??? You really stumped us with that one!!! 

• chrissyb

Wave, it's the American Blue Jay..........isn't it gorgeous?   I took that when I was in Colorado.

• Off to my first mammo since surgery/rads and I'm a little nervous....

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

I am in your pocket, munching Cheetos and holding your hand barb. I hope the tech is skinny Elvis-ish and results are good.

• elimar

Darn!  I should have just taken a wild guess based on color, like I have in the past when I was horribly wrong for doing that.  Well, no one came close, so Chrissy, you get to post again next week.  I'm sure we will do better when our senses have not been dulled by the over-consumption of turkey.

-----------------

Middie Outreach = Spirit Of Giving

It's a new week.  I don't think too many are going to appts. this week, which keeps the stress level a bit lower.  B/C is stressful at any time of year, but for those getting their Dx around this time, the holidays take on a whole new screwed up aspect.  (With my Dx in June, I felt I missed a whole summer that year.)  So, if you are in a good place yourself, be on the watch to help the newly Dx'd women who come to this thread, and maybe even check out the "Just Diagnosed" forum, where your words can help others get through the holidays without B/C despair. I'll see you there.

• elimar

Barb58,  Good Luck!  Come back and tell us that you are going to love Christmas even more this year because your mammo looked good, no worries.

kay1963,  I know you meant hot Elvis, but if you want to have a legitimate "Elvis sighting" look closely at the mall Santa's this year, 'cause real Elvis would be 76 and no doubt given up the hair dye, and if I could think of going incognito as a mall Santa, I'm sure he could too.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

good luck barbe

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Thanks for the tip Eli.  I was one of the gals who went from the end of Oct all thru the holidays living a nightmare I just wanted to wake up from. Everyone around me was so happy and celebrating, but all I wanted to do was fight this cancer.  This is how I spent the holiday season.   Thanks again for the reminder.

• elimar
    Paula66, Finding a lump in your breast at this time of year is worse than finding a lump of coal in your stocking.  Major bummer for both the naughty and the nice.
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Good Luck Barb hope everything comes out clean

Chrissy you sure did stump all of us. 

Eli I was the same as Paula I was doing rads during the Holidays and was miserable and everyone around me was in the Christmas spirit.  This year is already so much better.  Have my decorations up and most of my gifts bought so just need to wrap presents and get the little things taken care of and I can relax and enjoy this year.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Barb, I think this bag is big enough for everyone. 

I'm sure your mammo will go great--I think we can squeeze NED into this bag---he promised to bring the chocolate!! I may have to borrow the bag tomorrow. I have my first chest xray and then see my MO. With all this mess, I haven't had one yet. And then in the pm, get to go see GP to see if thryoid has behaved itself. Fun day! But all and all better than the same time last year. Had my last chemo AC-TX on Dec 23. I have vague memories of December. . .  

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

claire  my appointment is at 8am so will be there for yours later, in the dya

• elimar
    I guess there are a lot of appts. this week.  Good Luck to all.  Good News for all.
  • Thank you everyone!! My mammo was all clear!!! Yay!!!

Now I just have to deal with the hyst/ooph on Friday....

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

woohoo Barb we like clean mammo's

• elimar

Be Of Good Cheer...

...Your mammo was clear!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Yahoo Barb!!!!!!!!!!!!  Doing mental cartwheels for you!

Eli I woulda rather had the lump of coal!!!

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Hooray Barb!!!!!