Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Hello, Carrie2010!   You are in the too-soon-to-tell-but-not-too-soon-to-worry place, and I am sorry to hear that.  Lung nodules are not that uncommon and may not necessarily be cancer, even in someone who had B/C.  Of course, you will now have to follow it up fully, and just having to do that is a pain in the butt.  If it won't add to your freak-out, check with "Dr. Google" or do a search on this site with lung nodule as a key word.  Here's a small, but recent thread, that asks your same question:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/106/topic/777593

(Cut and paste if link doesn't work.)

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Y'now its the little things in life

I'M GETTING MY PORT OUT DEC 8TH!!!! SEVENTEEN MONTHS--TIME TO GO BYE-BYE!!! HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY DANCE!!! WHAT A GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO ME!!!!!!

Thyroid behaving itself, cholestorol down to 148 (thank you oatmeal!!) CT scans were all clear.  Protein and WBC were low so she told me with that cholestorol I should go out and eat steak tonight. Yes ma'am!!!

Get me off the ceiling!!!!! Smile 

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    enjoy that steak claire!  maybe some red wine too for the health benefits of courseInnocent janis sometimes if the blood is hemalysed ( happens when its drawn,if the blood flows too slow etc)when the lab tests it the potassium can be high so lets hope the recheck is normal
  • Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Woo Hoo Claire, good news! Good news on the thyroid Janis, now you need to get good news on the blood test too. Fingers crossed for you. Sometimes it seems like it will never end.

• elimar
    Oh, look at little Miss Healthy, dancing in the snow without her coat on!  Wink  CONGRATS CLAIRE!
  • cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

ABuie, 

sending big hugs your way. BC is such a roller coaster, one day life is great and the next day you don't want to get out of bed. and then sometimes that one day turns into 2 or 3. . .  This is a judge free zone, we "get" the anger, the frustration, the despair. No need for apologies here. Just feel free to unload, we care. On that same note, we may pass you a fruity foo-foo drink or piece of dark chocolate to help lift the spirits. Don't worry no calories or chance of getting a hangover from our cyber treats!!

Carrie, I hope your nodules are just some pesky b9 annoyances. Got my  fingers crossed for you!! Pass the chocolate!! ( hugs to you too Carrie!!!)

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Yahoo Clarie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yay Claire!!!! Awesome news!!!

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189

Claire, can you share the "happy dance girl"?  I will be getting my port out along with getting rid of these TEs and having the recon done on the 6th.

Becca 

• VictoriaB
    VictoriaB Member Posts: 85

Yeaaah Claire, good for you! Awesome!

And ABuie, vent away. I am developing quite a rant myself with the F**** UP the hospital has done with my onco scores that have delayed my treatment. This is really the only place people really understand, because everyone here, everyone, has gone through the same thing.  

• samsue
    samsue Member Posts: 599

Barbe as soon as I get fiished with my mamo tomorrow AM, bright and early, I'll hurry over and jump in your pocket... by then I'll be really hungry for the coffee cake.

ABuie, it seems as though BC has it's own language and others just don't get it. They really don't have a clue and most of the time they don't care, especially when we make them feel awkward and glad it's not them. Vent away, we all do it at some point.

I forget who asked but for what it's worth...  had to hyst/ooph but not at the same time. The hyst took quite a while to recover from because I have a "bikini" scar with it. The ooph was much simpler because it was done thru the navel with two small incisions next to the old scar. I don't remember having any bad reactions... but then I was 38 with the hyst.

• elimar

For ABuie...

I'm the one with the pointiest head, holding the exclamation mark, naturally!

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    claire, BIG, HUGE CONGRATS!!!
  • justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Claire....Awesome news!  I hope you treat yourself to a little something naughty!  My cholesterol was down today too.  I out extra butter on my baked sweet potato tonight! :)

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Congrats again Claire, from the other thread....

Oatmeal, BUST!! I love oatmeal and have eaten it for 6 months now with an almost meatless diet. My cholesterol went UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND so has my weight!!! Can you say frustrated???

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I'm holding the fuzzy "H" which matches the state of my brain.

Welcome all newbies!

• barbe1958

I'm holding the P....heheheheheehheehe ... cause I have to!

• elimar

Hee-hee.  Thanks for holding it in, Barbe, since we are having good behavior for a Newbie.

• barbe1958
    You should have seen how long it took me to realize what the heck Joni was talking about!! Talk about a fuzzy H!!!!!
  • barbe1958
    When I finally did "C" what she meant, I was excited! Eeeeeeeeeee Then I calmed myself down....eR and realized I had to P. So I'll C U later!!
  • elimar
    Eph,  Maybe Barbe was holding that "H" the last time, and it had to get cleaned up.  The "E" in the middle looks a little suspicious too.
  • Kay_G

Oh Barbe, I feel for you. I am getting my cholesterol and triglycerides checked on Thursday. I probably should have eaten better today. I will be on my best behavior tomorrow. Dang I wish my daughter would finish her Halloween candy. I keep sneaking into it. And one of the few foods I hate is oatmeal. It is just too mushy for me.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Abuie and Carrie welcome to you both and vent away all you want here. We will take it willing.

• elimar

A couple of you have mentioned getting your cholesterol checked...WHICH doc is doing it for you?  My MO (who gets my blood every six mos. anyway) refused to check mine.  That seems ridiculous.  So, even more ridiculous, I have my GYN do it yearly, and it is ever further from his domain!  A blood draw just for that.  Poke, poke, poke.

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Yay Claire!!!!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

my pcp checks the regular blood work like cholestrol/thyroid etc,    claire hope that steak was melt in your mouth ! good morning abuie and carrie

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Paula ~ When I don't feel like mashing my potatoes the old-fashion way, I use my mixer. I hope each day brings you less frustration & less pain so that you can again do what you love to do.

Claire ~ Oh boy, I love sticky buns! And no calories - yum-mmmmy! Hooray on getting the port out soon. You, too, Becca! Your party will be fun!! And, crowded!

ABuie ~ So happy you have found us. Please do not apologize for venting. We know just what to help - and we give great cyber hugs, too.

Carrie2010 ~ Nice to meet you.  

Janis ~ Great news on your thyroid biopsy! Keeping my fingers crossed that the potassium will be lower on the re-draw. My DH had to have his labs redone when the potassium & a couple of other things were way off - "a bit wacky" the nurse said - because the blood was not refrigerated soon enough after the draw. They were in the normal range after the re-draw.

• barbe1958

I had LOW potassium one time when I bled-out during surgery and had to be in the ICU. The nurses warned me it would taste bad, it was a small little paper cup of liquid. They actually gathered around me to watch me take it. I swallowed it. No big deal!! They were so amazed. They must normally get men with low potassium. Men are sucks on taste.

I have NEVER mashed potatoes any other way than by hand! Don't they get too starchy if you blend them? They're supposed to be beefy, not like pablum....

• Kay_G

Elimar, for me, the cardiologist that I just saw for the heart weakening wanted to test cholesterol and triglycerides. With the 10 million draws the MO has done, she has never checked it. I think if I asked her to, she might though. Cardiologist would have done it last time I was there, but she wanted it fasting.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

My PCP also checks mine.  He has been doing it every three months.

Kay...I really thought I hated oatmeal and for me also that mushy thing, UGH!  After my very high cholesterol in April (bad 221, now 145) I started eating it and was surprised I could do it.  I do tweek it of course.  I don't add milk to mine, I prefer it thicker.  I add a few frozen raspberries which I nuke for about 30 seconds and they produce a but of juice that way.  I add slivered almonds for some texture, 2 packets of sweetener, and several dashes of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg.  Not too bad, really.

Barbe I can imagine ghow frustrated you are!  I know how hard this diet thing is.  Hugs!!!