Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    thank you claireLaughing
  • cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

You are so very welcome!!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I am now seeing Mr. Bon Jovi in a new light...

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    I'd like to see him in a dimly lit room at the side of my bed...just getting in with me!!! Wink
  • Meece

Whoohoo, Barbe!

• Lory48
    Lory48 Member Posts: 266

HOO Dang Claire.. bow chicka wow wow.. what a way to start my morning.. :)

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

And the really nice thing about this fantasy is it is just that.  From what I understand Mr & Mrs Bon Jovi have been happily married for quite a long time....a feat in the entertainment world.  But he is a hottie!!!!!

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Thanks to all of you who will be in my pocket tomorrow. I am very nervous. Feel free to stay and party all day. I hope someone brings Mr. Barcardi. He's a great dance partner and gets the party going.

When they showed me the mammosite catheter yesterday all I could think of was the movie predator with all the things dangling. I can't imagine that the ballon will even fit. It's about the same size of my foob. LOL I'll need one on the other side.

Talk to you all real soon.

• lisamarie68
    lisamarie68 Member Posts: 971

DianaRose .. we will be there and stay all day as long as you need ... Lots of HUGS for you .. Love u xoxoxoxoxo

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Dianarose will be in your pocket.  HOpe we dont' make too much noise and distract the surgeon.

Sure miss Elimar hope she gets that router fixed soon

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Dianarose - Count me in.  I'll be there as long as you need me.

Here is a little assortment - my favorite is Malibu Rum.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324
    Count me in too!  A Bacardi party! Ya Hoo!  A little Diet coke and any on of your bar assortment Jo will keep me happy!  Hey, maybe a little in that catheter for ya Dianarose and you'll be feeling no fears! LOL Just having some fun. See ya on the table.  Kitty
  • madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216
    Mammosite and rum? Dang, why didn't I think of that! Cool
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

JO the rum party sounds fun but where is the cute little guy to serve us???? Oh but then maybe we would be drooling too much in Diana's pocket and the surgical staff will wonder what is going on.

• lisamarie68

Where is Elimar and when is that darn router gonna get there ???? 

Thinking of Dianarose ... hoping all is well :) 

• Dianarose

Hi everyone, my day has totally sucked. First it took 5 tries to get the wire in the right spot. When I woke up from surgery I felt for the mammosite and it was not there. I started to cry because I knew right then that it meant my nodes were positive and I was right. I am so devistated that something so small and far away got to the nodes. Jo- I am trying out your nice bar selection as I type. I want to come to your house for a few weeks. Take care and thanks for the pocket party today. I could feel all of you all around me. It was very calming. Dam f'n breast cancer!!!

• lisamarie68

Dianarose , I am sorry to hear the bad news . :(:( I am here if ya need anyone to shout to .. BIG HUG for you ... take a nice drink as you deserve it ... sorry the day sucked ... xoxoxoxoxoxo

• Dianarose

I have a dumb question. (could be the Barcardi) If the sentinel node is positive, which I know is, what if the other 3 around it come back negative? Does it mean that the cancer only went as far as there or could it still have gone in my blood? My blood work was good other than my white cell count was high, but they took that test right after the biopsy, so I am not going to get excited over that one.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903

Dianarose--if the other nodes come back negative there is a good chance the rat ba$tard cells didn't go any further.  The other nodes were taken to help with staging which can affect the treatment recommendations.  I am so sorry things turned out this way. 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Dianarose, the cells that travel in your blood would be stopped by chemo if the docs are concerned. Having NO nodes positve, doesn't mean it hasn't traveled through your bloodstream! The cells travel two ways nodes or blood.

• jo1955

Dianarose - So sorry to hear your news.  Like Barbe said, the cell have more than one way to travel and it sounds like at this point you are going to have to do chemo.  Bummer, you can't do the mammosite.  It was tried on me and the damn catheter wiould not fix in the lump cavity.  Scream, cry do whatever you need to do.  We are all here for you.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Dianarose - I am so sorry... As Jo said, do whatever you need to do and please just know we are here for you..... ((( gentle hugs )))

edited for stupid typos

• Dianarose

I am a little more with it now and talked to my daughter and she said from what she understood was that the bs took 3 nodes that were by the cancer site and the one closest to it was the positive one and not sure on the rest and then she took one from under the arm pit which I am assumming was the sentinel node. I am not sure what difference this makes if any. I will have to ask the bs when she calls me tomorrow or wait until my appointment on Wednsday for the final path report. I am so tired now. What is weird is I have no pain yet. I guess I am not normal. I can't imagine that the numbing med is still working since this morning. They gave me this great camisole called EZ Softee. This is the site

http://www.ladiesfirst.com/

• jo1955

Dianarose - From what I was told the first 3 nodes are the sentinel nodes and the only reason they have that name is because they are the first ones.  Since two out of 3 were negative, your BS mostly likely did not feell he had to take anymore.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Dianarose - So sorry to hear the disappointing news. Sending you gentle ((hugs)) and best wishes.

• Dianarose

Hi Jo- It is my understanding that the first thing the bs did was take the sentinel node from under my arm and then preceded to remove the cancer that was deep to my breast bone directly behind the nipple. Right next to the cancer were 3 small nodes that she said looked diseased. Those are the ones that prevented her from doing the mammosite. I am still not sure exactly what she told dumb bf because he didn't pay attention apparently. Pisses me off. I should have brought a woman with me. We pay attention.

My throat hurts the worse. She had said they weren't going to use the tube down my throat, but they ended up doing it because the surgery took over 2 hours instead of 1.

I didn't sleep much even though I was extremely tired.

Thanks for all the hugs everyone. Does anyone know if the oncotype dx is only if the nodes aren't involved?

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903

Dianarose--you can ask for the oncotype to be done even if a node is involved.  They are starting to do that more and more when only a few nodes are involved. 

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Dianarose, I am so sorry to learn you have node involvement.  Don't panic....everyone here will be right beside you through your treatments.  It can be terribly scary I know but I know you will get plenty of love and support here. 

I have been going to LE therapy twice a week.  I do the massage at home and it has really helped.  I have to go get fitted for an LE sleeve on Tuesday.  I have Truncal LE, but also have upper arm involvement.  No hand so that is good.  According to my LE therapist I need to wear the compression bras and the sleeve for life!  Wow.  She did say I can wear a regular bra for any time I am dressing up.  The sleeve I have to wear any time I do anything with repetitive movement of my right arm.  Since I am right handed that is pretty much everything!  I do not have to sleep in either which is good.

I saw my RO yesterday and he has ordered a brain MRI for me....for today!  I think it is unnecessary.  I had a terrible headache when I went in yesterday and my BP was elevated.  He was concerned about the level of pain and the two bouts of vomiting I had in the past month.  Personally I think it is from the Arimidex.  I have had headaches all my life so they never alarm me.  They have been somewhat worse lately but I have had a lot of recent stress.  Anyway, I have to be at the hospital at 11:45.  I will take some of that Bacardi Jo!  :)

• Meece

Dianarose, so sorry to hear about your news.  This is such a whirlwind of time in your life.  We've been through it and can understand your fear and frustration.  We're here...

• Dianarose

Janis- good luck today. I get ocular migraines when I am over tired and stressed. They scare the hell out of me because I can't see for about 30 minutes. I take meds now to try to prevent them, but still had 2 in December. If we could not stress life would be so much better. I am going to pray that you are fine and you get a piece of mind after today.Sending you a hug......

We can have a pocket party for you today and make all the noise we want because no one will be able to hear us in that machine. Jo has a great selection of beverages.