Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I thought Urkel was real smooth, but yes the cabana boy was muy muy!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Dianarose, yor picture is beautiful!  Perfect size.  Having tall boys is cool.  They like to take care of mama.  It is so sweet.  I have 3 from 6 ft to 6 ft 5in.

• lisamarie68
    lisamarie68 Member Posts: 971

Im in the pocket party  as well ... and OH my on the Cabana Boy sweet ......

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

i just can't help it.

As soon as he gets out of the water, I'm ordering a round of margaritas.  

• eph3_12
    cmblastic-no picture on my computer Frown
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Dang it!!! It looks like Claire ran off with her OWN cabana boy!! Is that legal in her state????

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

claire -No picture on my screen - did you keep him for yourself?  LOL

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Good Luck today Odie!   I'd join cmb in having a margarita, but that's too much SALT for me first thing in the morning.  I managed to bring a coffe maker along, if anyone else would like a latte.  I'm into latte art now, too.

p.s.  I don't watch DWTS...but, wow, I'd foxtrot with that one anytime.

p.p.s.  3jays,  good to hear from you, as always!

• cmbear

i am so confused. he shows up in my preview and on my post on my computer. I'll try again cuz I'm not stingy and I like to share. Eli- how bout a Kahlua Colada? Frozen Mudslide? PP's are the only place I can enjoy these wonderful adult beverages any more. Darn Tamoxifen!! 

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Wow!  Count me in for the pocket party and I'll be first in line for drinks for our cabana boy!  YUM!  Kitty

• cmbear

Yeah! I guess it went thru that time! Wonder what I did different ??

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Hot dam, I'll serve him drinks if he comes to the pocket party!!

The bs canceled my appointment of this afternoon because the final report isn't back yet. How long does this usually take? It will be a week tomorrow. I am going back to work on Friday anyhow. I need a pay ck.

• lisamarie68

aww Dianarose .. hopefully soon ... praying for u ... Hugs .. I know what its like not to have a paycheck ...

• Dianarose

It's not just a ck, I am not used to being home. I am on book 3 of the Hunger Games, but my eyes hurt now. I really like my job. I told the head chef I was coming in on Friday and he said,"Yes, you can do the donuts". Then he apologized.

• lisamarie68

awwww I know me too I hate  to be idol and not able to work ... I am a workoholic.. Ellen just had some stuff on her show about the hunger games .. I am looking at it now online to see if I would like to read it ... 

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Checking in.

First off,  Seabeal please ask one of your other doctors for something to take the edge off. I concur that your surgeon is just an idiot. 

Claire - Are you my long lost kindred sister? William Levy & Margaritas?? Doesn't get much better in my book!!!!! Tongue out

Dianarose - Your son is a handsome young man. I am sorry to see your ex-husband was just as big a butthead as mine as my ex told my son something very similar when I was diagnosed. Clearly brains was not what we originally thought we saw in them, huh?  

Thanks to everyone for joining me today. I can't believe how well behaved you were. Although I am not sure who giggled when my BS told me how good my new girls look... (was kinda funny!)... Everything looks good so I will see her again in 6 months. WooHoo!!!! 

Happy Hump Day to everyone! Hugs to all!

• Dianarose

Lisamarie- what type of screening from now on has you MO suggested? The reason I ask is when I had DCIS and LCIS 7 1/2 yrs ago her focus was on the DCIS and how I would be cured. There was no talk about the LCIS and I didn't question her. Now I have IDC and probably looking at chemo along with radiation I am angry. My bs said I should of had a MRI every 6 months alternating with a mammogram when from the day I was diagnosed with the LCIS. Now I question everything.

Odie-calling my ex a butthead is way to kind. He said women who get breast cancer must have done something to deserve it, that's why he's my ex. I think I was attracted to his motor cycle, not him.Cool

• lisamarie68

Dianarose... for me I am having a PBMX with SNB and TE's on April 24 . I choose this becsause I am a worry wart and cannot stand to be on Tamoxifen for 5 years with 6 month check up and biopsies as needed .. and so on .. my nerves cannot take the waiting for test results .. so I figure if I do all I can now to prevent further issues im good with that . after my excisional biopsy I there was also ADH .. i just dont want to sit and wait for anything to become invasive . but that is just my choice ... so I think with LCIS there is basically tamox for 5 years with close monitoring .. or PBMX ... Hugs 

• Dianarose

Lisamarie- do they check estrogen reseptors with LCIS? Mine was 90% positive so the ovaries are coming out when I am through with all the treaments. Probably this fall when work slows down. It's better than tamox and no more periods is a bonus. I already have hot flashes night and day. Even if I had chose to have PBMX she said I would have had to take tamox because they never get all the breast tissue, so if I have the ovaries removed I can take something that has less SE.

• 83DGR45
    83DGR45 Member Posts: 5

Hello one and all.  Came upon this while looking around.  One more to join the club.

• elimar

83DGR45, hello to you!   We have ladies here in active treatment, and lots more (like you) who are a year or two out and still trying to make their way to that "new normal" we all hear about.  Anything in particular going on with you at this point?

Dianarose,  That's true about the breast tissue AND the body fat (at least torso and breast fat anyway) can whip up some estrogen too, so hormonal therapy is needed even with ovaries removed.

• lostndelirious5
    lostndelirious5 Member Posts: 1

Hi Iam in remission going on 8 months. Still trying to figure out how this forum works. So glad I found this. I hope everyone is doing ok.

• elimar
    Welcome, lostndelirious5!  Sorry we all had to meet this way!  What surgery and treatment have you been through?  Or fill out your profile if you want to have all that appear in your diagnosis line.
  • eph3_12

Happy Birthday to Meece!

Happy Birthday to Meece!

Have a great and awesome daaaaa-aaaay 

Happy Birthday Dear Meece! (And many more!) 

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Meecie ~ Happy Beautiful Birthday to a wonderful sister/friend!!

Enjoy the day!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

Happy Birthday Meece!!  Hope you have a beautiful day today!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903

Happy Birthday Meece!

• lisamarie68

Happy Birthday Meece :) have a great day ...

Dianarose , I am all so new to this stuff .. and I dont know  about the estrogen receptors . I know she said they cant get all breast tissue ... I hope no tamox after ... i had cervical cancer last year, and I think a side effect from tamox could be uterine cancer .. I guess it's all crazy to me .. when I had the cervical cancer I wanted a hysterectomy , but the surgeon said no , I was too young .. whatever I say .. I have 4 kids and had my tubes cut tied and burnt years ago ... so really .. ayway ,I am so confused with it all .. I just know I dont want to go through anymore of this stuff hopefully after April ... :)

• Dianarose

Happy birthday Meece !!!!

Lisamarie- A lot of this stuff is new to me compared to the last time. Last time they didn't remove any lymph nodes and now that they did I am swollen under my arm and the skin on my arm feels like it is on fire. My Lx was a week ago today and if they don't get the final path report today I will probably flip out. I have 4 kids too. They are 34, 31, 30, and then my caboose who is 12. I am with you about being so done with this stuff.

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Happy Birthday MEECE!!

Welcome to the newbies - whether you're just starting this roller coaster or been on it for a while, there is always something new to be learned or to share here!

Not much going on with me these days, so I've been pretty quiet. Have bloodwork and MO appt in April. Had a complete estrogen test through my integrative med doc, and I'm curiously awaiting the results of that one. It will tell how much "good" versus "bad" estrogen I am cranking out. My last hormone test in Feb showed me to have a steadily high level of estrogen, so natural menopause is still a long way off, apparently. (I'm 49). I've had NO hot flashes on tamox...or before.