Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Well, I thought it was important, as just last week I PMed a new person advising them not to use their entire real name as their screen name. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Eli thanks for the link.  I read the thread and then searched myself quiet a few different ways and I never came up so I guess I am pretty safe.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

I am off on a road trip to visit my sisters in Virginia--wish me safe travels--I'm driving by myself from Orlando. Extra large coffee to start and a bag of dark chocolate and my Glee CD's. I'll be a singing fool.If I miss any pp, I will be there in spirit. Have a fantastic weekend ladies!!! And Happy Easter!!!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

And yes Cancer Bunny keeps giving me the evil eye. . . 

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154

There, I fixed that bunny.Wink

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Lol

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Safe travels Claire! Enjoy your visit!

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

I am going to have to catch up with all the posts later today, but I did want to share my good news. My pet scan showed no signs of cancer anywhere else in my body. My boob lit up like a Christmas tree though. It will be gone next Wednesday, so it's lights will be put out.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Diana, that is really good news, all things considered. 

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Dianarose - that is fantastic! You'll unplug those lights next week and be on the road to recovery!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Congrats Diana!!  Time to put those lights out!

• elimar

Dianarose,  So very happy to hear that.  Finally, you caught a break.  Happy Dance!!!!!

cmb, I like the part about the dark chocolate.  Have a great trip!

Marple, That looks like a chocolate bunny after ONE rads treatment.  (I'd still eat it.)  Lol!

• Hi Ladies love you all, nice to have the comfort of women that have a comon thread. I had a lumpectry march, mammosite 22nd thru the28th. My first visit with my once will be tommarow. Not sure what hormoral therphy he will what to put me on, very nervous don't know what to do.hot flashes are horrible. I still have all my girl parts but plan to see about hyesti when I see my gyn Dr. In june.

jlsjls
    Diagnosis: 2/6/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+</div what to do help. Sorry about the missed spelled words, I got a tablet and can,t figure it all out. Thanks
  • reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Wow, too many Newbies - welcome all of you. This is a great place to get answers or just vent when you need. Also, we have lots of parties on the way.

E - I just have to say that was Chrissyb's foob flying around the room. That was a great night - loved meeting some girls in person!

Diana - woohoo glad to hear about your scans!

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Wonderful news Diana!! I'm so happy for you! Woohoo!!

Welcome jlsjls though I'm sorry you need to join us....

• Sherryc

Claire have a great time on your trip

Dianarose-congrats on the good Pet Scan.  Finally some good news for you

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

CONGRATULATIONS, dianarose!!!  such happy news!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Dianarose ~ That is very happy news indeed! Hope you have BIG pockets next Wed, we will all be with you!

Clair ~ Safe travels!

jlsjls ~ Welcome to this wonderful group of sisters. Please let us know how your appt goes tomorrow with the Onc. As for us here, if you have some questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Maybe we will be able to alleviate some of your fears.  

Well, my 6-month Onc check-up went well. All Labs were normal - CA 27.29 as well. I will have my Vitamin D level checked next 6-mo check-up in Oct. I told the NP to please put that on my Lab order & she agreed that it was time to check it again.

I do hate that my life seems to be in 6-month increments............ oh well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.......

Thanks for filling my pockets!! I hope my rumbling stomach didn't keep anybody awake if you decided to snooze a bit! I was so hungry & of course the NP was running behind schedule, which is rare. Good thing I had my book.

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685

YAY dianarose and Valjean good news on your tests

Clare have a safe fun trip

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Dianarose - Hooray for the good news!

Valjean - Glad you had a good results on all your tests!

jlsjls - welcome - you will find great support here. Come by often to vent, share, celebrate & just let loose.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Dianarose, I am thrilled to hear your good news!  It will get better, promise!  You sure needed this.

ValJean...YIPPEE for you!  More good news, love it. 

I have a doctor appointment this afternoon...PCP.  I need to discuss my neck issues but also a very bothersome problem I have.  Long story so I won't go into it now...surgery though is the only possible fix for it.  Grrrrr..........I am hoping to find out more today.  It is a down south issue! 

Have a fantastic weekend and Happy Easter everyone!

Janis

• elimar

Valjean,  I confess, I was not really worried about you.  Just knew you'd do great!

Anyone coloring eggs this afternoon?  Which design should I go with?

• Sherryc

Valjean yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for a good Dr. appt.

I am getting ready to head to the PS and see if I can get this last drain out.  I know my PS really wants it out but I am kinda borderline on the fluid requirement.  So we shall see.  At least I get to spend the day with a good girlfriend that is taking me and we can go and have a nice lunch.  I have felt much better the last couple of days so I am looking forward to getting out of the house.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Eli - those are amazing eggs! Although I'm having a hard time telling George and Paul apart. Love that Paul is still performing and all over TV but I miss seeing Ringo. He used to be the guy that loved the screen - remember that movie he was in where he met his lovely wife?

Personally, I've always preferred the Rolling Stones. There's a new song out called "Moves LIke Jagger" which is so appropriate - that is one active geriatric citizen!

Dianarose - I haven't "met" you but so glad to hear about your CT scan results! Those things make me nervous every time. Glad it's over and turned out so well!

Valjean - glad all was well for you, too! I hate the anxiety these tests and visits cause, but the relief afterwards almost makes it worth it.

I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend! I am trying out a new church Sunday, still haven't found just the right fit for me. 

Sherry - good luck today with the last drain. And have fun at lunch - sounds like you have a good day coming up!

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Glad everything went well for you Valjean!

Sherry...I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope you're able to get your last drain out and enjoy your time with your friend!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Beatles all the way.  I heard a blip on the radio the other day that said there is a possibility that the sons of the 4 Beatles may get together & make a band - Beatles 2nd generation or some such name. 

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748

I am just diagnosed with BC but no idea what kind yet except it is in lymph nodes too...

I have a lot of neck pain and what feels like hardness on side my tumour is - it is a visible and large benign tumour as well within which there is cancer nodule, plus what they say from MRI are cancer lymph ......and those lymph lumps are getting larger..... it is really scaring me that it is te cancer already spreading as the feelings in neck were there before diagnosis so its not hypochondria!!  Doe anyone else have this and was it jsut stress and strain on the zone as my breast tissue is clearly hard and stretched

• Sherryc

I GOT MY LAST DRAIN OUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Woohoo  Monday I get to get out of this surgical bra as well. 

Lily so sorry you are joining us here but it is a great place to hand out and get support. 

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685

Sherryc.. Woohoo