Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Hi everyone, I am so far behind with reading this post. I worked 9 hours today and I am feeling it. To top it off on the way to work I went to stop and no brakes. My heart was beating a million beats a minute. I guess it's a good thing it's a standard and I could down shift. Sometimes I think that truck is going to get me before the cancer does.

Welcome Lily- I love your name and sorry you have to join us.

Sherry- I am so happy for you !!! I just keep thinking in 2 weeks I will be saying the same thing you are.

Elimar- I love the dancing bunny

Valjean- happy everything went well for you.

Thanks to all of you for all of your support. It helps me to stay positive.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Congratulations Sherry!  I know what a relief that must be.  I have two of those surgical bras and have to wear them pretty much full time with the Truncal LE.  Not very flattering!  I did get two almost regular bras.  My BC breast is larger than my good breast so I had to get a little prostetic hickey to slide into the good breast and make mine equal.  Who could ever have guessed the breast they did surgery on would end up larger than the good breast?  I tried wearing the new bra all day and it does not provide enough compression.  I can only wear the pretty ones for short periods.  I got too sore.

I am having an MRI tomorrow morning on my neck.  I had no idea the place was open Saturday!  Hoping by next week I will know what the problem is and we can proceed with further treatment!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Hey all!

Claire - Have a safe trip and feel free to stop by if you're in No. VA....

Valjean & Diana - Congrats on the good results!!! Happy dancing for you.

Sherry - Glad that you were able to get that last drain out. Hope you had a great time at lunch too. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend or Passover whichever you celebrate.

• odie16

Almost forgot. Good luck with the MRI tomorrow Janis. I will not to make to much noise in your pocket tomorrow....

• justmejanis

Thanks Odie!  Make as much noise as you like.  Please.  I might get busy tonight making some homemade biscuits and gravy for anyone who wants to come that early.  I have to be there at 8:45.  Everyone is welcome!

• odie16

MMMM... Homemade biscuits & gravy??? Worth getting up for!

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Lily...   Welcome though I'm sorry you have to join us. I didn't have that problem but maybe someone else will come along who can answer your question.

Sherry... I'm glad you were able to get that drain out...woohoo!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I WANT BISCUITS & GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

I always liked a lot of the Beatles songs, but there was something about Mick Jagger dancing & strutting around on stage.....

Hot flash!!

Maybe I should say, "Jumpin' Jack Flash!"

Congrats to Sherry for getting that 2nd drain out!

Welcome to the newest gals.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Lily when you see your MO make sure you tell him about the neck pain as well.It is easier if you write it all down along with your questions.((goodluck))

• justmejanis
    Making them now Eph and taking them to the MRI center for my pocket party.  Hop in.  They will be good and fresh this way!  Laughing
  • madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Somebody say biscuits?? I already have my coffee here, so I'm ready! (Diving in pocket and scrambling for biskies...)

Welcome Lily!! Good luck with your appointments. It's a lot to absorb all at once, but ask LOTS of questions!! 

Yay  Sherry!! I know you're feeling better now!

Happy Easter! Tennis tourny with daughter today. She may be 13 but she still wants to color eggs, so that is the after tourny project.  

• lisamarie68
    lisamarie68 Member Posts: 971

Happy Easter to all my friends , I am sorry I am having a very emotional and upsetting visit with my youngest daughter .. feeling very sad :( ... it has nothing to do with BC .. it has all to do with the past and my divorce from her dad .. its always about the past .. we can nevr be happy .. somedays I wished I would just disappear ... :( 

I would absolutly Love some Bisquits and Gravy ! :) 

welcome to the new ladies .. sorry to meet u all on such circumstances ..

sherry I am doing happy dance for u .. :)

Dianarose , I am so happy that u have good news now  . hugs sweets 

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685

Justmejanis

Can I join the pocket party??  Never had bisquits and gravy,, time to try somthing new

Good luck with your MRI

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I jumped into the posket and landed in the gravy boat.  Sorry.

lisamarie68,  It's always kind of a shock to learn what emotions family members have building up inside, but it is good to get them out and hopefully move on to a more peaceful future.  It's hard.

You think you've got problems, last night (OMG!) my hubby was at a PEEPS SHOW! 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I want REAL biscuits & gravy!!

Love the Peep show (they should always just be posed, never eaten-yucky!)

(((Lisamarie))) 

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

STOP with the bisquits! You are going to make me go bake some. I love, love, love bisquits. I was in some horrid mall recently and discovered that KFC has opened in Greece. But they didn't have any bisquits. What is the point of KFC wihtout bisquits, I ask you?

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Pole dancing Peeps! What is the world coming to?

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Hello ladies. Just wanted to post because I am very excited that I got to meet Jo today. We had lunch on South Padre Island. It was so nice of her to drive all this way. We could have chatted all afternoon, but I had to get back to work. Thanks Jo for coming over the bridge to see me.

I hope that you all have a spectacular Easter.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Elle Too funny.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Oh, and Eph...Happy 3 Year Cancerversary!  A little late since you did not remind me.

But right on time for Ossa's One Year Cancerversary.  Congrats, and many more!

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Elimar- I love the pole dancing peeps. Where do you find this stuff. Maybe we are better off not knowing. Have a great Easter everyone.

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685

Love the peep show Sealed

Thanks for the chocolate cupcake my favorite.. I'll share with anyone that wants a bite..

Been a day of lots of thoughts.. This past year has been so full of ups and downs.. Cried a lot, laughed a lot, puked a lot,ate food with no taste (buds), was upset to loose my hair, was exited to see new hair growth, learned to apply makeup to look like brow and lashes, brows and lashes coming back, lost a boob,  will soon get a foob.. most of all I have learned to appreciate life and not take it for granted.. Don't sweat the small stuff.. Have a wonderful easter weekend

• nfranklin
    nfranklin Member Posts: 51

The peeps show is great.

Does anyone know if you can do radiation while doing chemotherapy.?

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

E...I'm reminding you that my anniversary is tomorrow.  Kiss

HappyEaster/Passover to all my sisters.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Hello Middies - Haven't been here in a while.  Lots going on.  

I had the pleasure of having lunch with Ceeztheday today on South Padre Island.  Fabulous food and even greater company.  I am so glad we were finally able to get togehter.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

nfranlin I know that with some cancers they do chemo and radiation together but not really sure about BC.

Ossa what a year you have had!!!

Had a great day today.  One of my bothers and family came to town to visit and I went to the grocery store with DH help.l  Then this evenings sat outside and had a beer and felt normal for a change.  I have not had anything to drink in over a month.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Sheila ~ 7 years, WOW!! Happy days!! How time flies when you're havin' fun, huh?! Seriously, I wish for you many, many, many more years, sista! ♥ & HUGS

Joni ~ Congrats on 3 years!

ossa ~ Happy 1 year Anniversary!

Jo & Ceez ~ Lovely picture! So happy you two finally got together! Such a special moment in time.

• MOT
    MOT Member Posts: 15

Love the peeps, choc bunny and biscuits and gravy -- YUM!  You gals are too much!

• Flautalee
    Flautalee Member Posts: 46

HeartandSoul--Ringo Starr is touring this year as is Jethro Tull. I hope to hear him perform and get his autograph. I believe he is playing at the NJPAC in October. Re Ringo, do you remember that he was "Mr. Conductor" on the Thomas the Tank Engine Series after George Carlin. I give Ringo for pursuing a gig that his children or grandchildren loved. My son is 21 now but every now and then he gets the wooden track our with younger second cousins. I can't believe the last first cousin will be graduating from HS this June. My youngest sister final gets how important these milestones are. One more year of paying for college for my son--computer science at Rochester Institute of Tech. My children are the highlights of my life. Best wishes everyone for a happy holiday!