Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Good thing a took a minute to check in today.  Would not have wanted to miss Sheila's 7th Cancerversary.  Many Happy Returns of NED, my friend.

• elimar

Sounds like most are having an active weekend, with friends, family and feasting.  Fabulous!

and

• nfranklin
    nfranklin Member Posts: 51

Happy cancerversary Sheila and to everyone else who have reached a milestone on this journey.

Sherryc: thanks for the information, I am just curious because looking at my MDA schedule of appointments I have a chemo treatment Monday, a consult with the radiologist Tuesday, and another radiology appointment on the 16th. I guess I'll find out what it is all about on Tuesday.

Happy Easter

• Fergy
    Fergy Member Posts: 11

My cousin's wife in Scotland was taking both at the same time.  However, she had a very agressive Grade 3 cancer and they were having a hard time getting it under control.  Sadly she passed away 2 years to the day of her diagnosis.

I did read an article somewhere recently that they were doing a study to determine if doing both gave women a better survival rate.

Hope this helps.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Jo, I love the pictures of you and Ceeze.  How wonderful you were able to meet!

Sherry so glad to hear you are feeling much better.  Hurray!

Congratulations Sheila and everyone celebrating such great milestones.  Awesome!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate.  We are invited to a neighbor we just recently met.  They seem very nice.  I asked Kay what I could bring, and she said just a green salad.  I wanted to add something else, so I made a Key Lime pie as well.  She is not doing traditional......she is grilling ribs and chicken.  That works for us!  I hope everyone has a great day.  Hugs all around,

Janis

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154

Thats my kind of neighbour Janis.  But then so are you to also bring key lime pie!! 

Happy Day Middles.

Edit for typo as per usual.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi all!   Sherry so good to see that you have gotten you other drain out and you are doing well! 

Just wanted to pop in and check up on you gals!

Eli how you doing?

Love n hugs Chrissy

• elimar

Hey, Chrissyb!   I am faring well these days.  Trying to get out of the computer chair more, so maybe not around here quite as much. 

I am now trying to imagine Australian Easter taking place in Fall.  Seems so different.

• elimar

Raise your hand if today's lunch will feature EGG SALAD.

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Hand raised!!!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

my hands are firmly being sat upon!

• dechi
    dechi Member Posts: 110

nfranklin - I'm doing rads with Taxol/Herceptin.  I was doing so well with the chemo that my MO said it wask okay to start rads early.  I've had my 14th rad today (19 to go) and get my last Taxol on Thursday.  So far so good!  I just wanted to get it over with.  

• lisamarie68
    lisamarie68 Member Posts: 971
    Love Egg Salad hands in the air :)Wink
  • madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216
    Oooh... waving hands for the eggies! I'm the only one in this house who will eat hard boiled eggs, either plain or in a salad, so they're all for me. Smile
  • Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

I love eggs.  Hard boiled eggs and dill pickles at times were the only thing I could eat after chemo.  Strange things I know.  It was so weird because smells were so horrible but for some reason those two things I had no problems with.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Not me - but my DD did make me a special egg when she was decorating them with the babies (my nephew and great nephew) the other night - it's pink and it says cancer card lol.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

No eggs to make egg salad today.  I have weathered the storms safely, DH and I spent most of Saturday painting the bedroom.  New shades are up and getting ready to buy new drapes.  This is all from the storm damage three weeks ago.  The storm damage in some areas around Dallas were quite extensive.  Now we are working on replacing the missing fence and possibly getting a new roof.

Hope all had a blessed Easter Weekend.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Love Egg Salad so both hands up here!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    You egg-heads are all nuts!!  The only way I eat eggs is scrambled or in an omelette & of course in pastry Laughing
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Hand no kiddos here for a hunt so no egg salad in this house.  Although I do like egg salad

• Hi, ladies. Well I saw my onc Friday. Not to impressed by him, but I guess he's good. I have a script for aromisin 25 mg. Anyone taking this Med? What SE's have you had. My hot flashes and sweats are terrible. What do you use for flashes and sweats? Not sure about taking this stuff for 5 years. Hope you all had a restful Easter. Joni

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

flautalee - glad Ringo is still trucking, as is my all-time favorite band - Jethro Tull! I know why you're going to see JT's Thick As A Brick tour. It will be a veritable flute-a-thon! I liked that album, for sure, but like the harder stuff better, like Locomotive Breath and Aqualung. JT's tickets are $70 here - ugh. Ringo's are $50 but x 2 is just too much right now.

Funny, my son also loved Thomas the Tank Engine, has the whole Brio set with all the other trains, tracks, the round parking thingy! I liked playing with them, too. I have an old box of Thomas the Tank Engine Valentine's Day cards - you know the kind you would buy for the classroom - and I pick one out every year and give it to him for Valentine's Day. He really loved that show - Ringo and George Carlin were great in it.

My son is also a computer science major - he goes to Georgia Tech. He'll graduate next year, too. Small world, isn't it?

Did someone say Key Lime Pie? One of our big grocery stores here (Publix) makes the best Key Lime Pie you ever put in your mouth! It's even won awards - yummy! Should have thought of that yesterday!

• dobie
    dobie Member Posts: 279

Jlsjls- my rad onc did a study a few years back which supported the effectiveness of acupuncture for SE and has other good effects too. I know insurance doesnt usually cover acupuncture but you can use a health care flex account if you have one. Check out link below.

I am a young 60, still working. I continued to work while going thru rads with 1 st dx in 2007. As a nurse-midwife I had been rotating shifts but worked straight day shift while doing rads. I ended up feeling better those 7 weeks than I had in a long time. A real wake up call of the toll my lifestyle was taking so now I don't work night shift anymore. So how do you manage _______?(fill in the blank) I guess the lesson here is take good care of yourself now and forever after and change what ya gotta change to do it.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/714590

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Speaking of old school bands - did anyone else see KISS on Dancing with the Stars tonight? My hubby was horrified...probably first and last time he will ever watch DWTS...

• Dobie, thanks for info. I will check it out. Did you take aromasin?My insurance will only cover the generic. Is there a diffence between the two?

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

madpeacock - LOL about your hubby! It doesn't take much to freak them out! Kiss on DWTS? I have a hard time picturing that, too - that's funny!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

I can't believe that KISS is still rockin it. Didn't see them on DWTS but did see them on the Country Music awards. They weren't performing, just presenting, but they certainly seemed out of place.

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Hi, I need the big pep talk this morning. My BMX is tomorrow at 11:30. I am getting a little freaked out today. Trying to pack and so far all I have in the bag is a pair of pj's and a toothbrush. I can't think straight today. HELP

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Dianarose, your pocket will be VERY full tomorrow!  Lots and lots of people pulling for you.  How long will you be in the hospital?  Add some toothpaste, favorite lotion, undies of course, slippers or slipper socks to keep those toes warm.  A book if you can concentrate on reading, or magazine.  The hospital will provide basics like soap, but if you have a special soap you use, bring that.  Deodorant too.  Something that makes you feel safe.  A favorite pillow, or stuffed animal, bible.  Just a few thoughts.  A change of clothes which should include a baggy top as you will be sore.  One that buttons up front is best.

We are here hon, so happy to hold your hand in the days ahead.  Gentle healing hugs to you!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Diana, many good thoughts for tomorrow. It IS rather freaky, so of course you are freaking a bit. But you WILL be fine. Keep the faith.