Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

I'll be there too Janis! I always loathed going to the ob/gyn...one good thing about having a hyst/ooph is that I don't have to worry about that any more. I'll bring the leftover Easter candy and share it.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Janis I am not busy these day so I'll be at the pocket party.  I still have friends bring me food so I'll what goddies I can bring along.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

LovesChristmas...that is what I thought until my organs decided to move where they don't belong!  It is so gross.  I mean.......I think it is my colon coming down.  It is common after a total hysterectomy which I had 17 years ago.  I have lived with this prolapse for eight years and decided enough is enough.  If this doctor orders surgery I will actually be celebrating!  The leftover Easter candy will be great.  I am such a sucker for sweets!

barsco.....I love older classic rock.  Throw in some Springsteen, Eagles, Crosby Stills and Nash, Eagles, and Tom Petty!  Of course there are many good bands I am forgetting.  I blame it on my meds, LOL!

Sherry bring me some good authentic Mexican food.  Yum! 

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Justmejanis- count me in for the pocket party. Women just have too many dam parts.

Two drain tubes are down to about 30 cc's a day and one is about 24. I can't wait to send them on their way.

I bought an automatic car today. Cool The girl selling it was nice enough to deliver it to my house. I will send the drain tubes out with the stick shift truck.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

janis, I'll be at the party, and I'll bring elastic to stretch out the pockets when necessary so there's no overcrowding :)

dianarose, glad the healing is progressing...hope the drains come out real soon.

everyone else - hi! sorry I haven't been in much, but I do read the posts more than I answer them! dd's wedding last weekend was soooo wonderful. three days of fun with family and friends, perfect weather, moving ceremony, just great all around.

have a good week buds.

• nfranklin
    nfranklin Member Posts: 51

Second Taxol tomorrow at 4:30 pm, please keep me in your thoughts. This first week has not been too bad, just hungry and tired. Thinking of everyone and hoping that your SE's are few. Praying for all of you who have treatments coming up this week. Hang in there everyone, your support is really appreciated.

Hey Janis joining your pocket party.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

I'll be there for your pocket party janis!!  I'll bring some yummy treats!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Janis no problem on the Mexican Food

Dianna woohoo on the drains.  You will be getting them out soon

Marlegal congrats on your daughters wedding

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Hey Everyone.  Haven't been here in awhile.  For some reason, this thread was deleted from my favorites and I have had one heck of a time finding it again.  There are too many pages to go back and read.  Welcome to all the newbies, congrats to those who have finished treatment and prayers to those still doing through treatment, having tests and waiting for results.

I am scheduled to have a  latissimus dorsi flap on my left side done this Wed morning. I won't need an implant - I am having a significant lumpectomy defect fixed.  Don't know what time I have to be at the hospital yet - will find that out late Tues afternoon.  The nurse at my PS office told me I was on his schedule for 8:30 in the morning.  Will have to stay in the hospital for a 23 hour observation once surgery is over. WIll have one drain for sure - maybe two.  Can't go back to work until the drain(s) come out.  I am excited and anxious at the same time.   Allready have some books on my Nook and a quilt project to work on while I am home.  Need to hear some encouraging words - as the time gets closer the more anxious I am getting.

• madpeacock
    madpeacock Member Posts: 216

Jo & Janis - will be in your pockets this week! Jo - you'll be fine. This is something you have wanted for a while, so once it is all done and healed, you will be happy you did it!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,292

Jo - as you said on another thread - sometimes the weekends see fewer members posting.  I'll take this opportunity to send you my best wishes for a successful surgery.  You'll be in my thoughts all week, as you have been this weekend.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

I will be there for you Janis & Jo. Jo, I understand the anxiety but agree with madpeacock, that you will be glad once it is done.

Maralegal - Congrats on the wedding.... 

Diana - Sounds like you'll be getting rid of those blasted drains soon. Hope you and Sherry continue healing at warp speed.....

Had a functional weekend with chores and the first cookout of the season.... Have a great week ladies.

• nfranklin
    nfranklin Member Posts: 51

Jo you will be in my thoughts, I know your surgery will go will. Keep hanging in there. Glad you mentioned quilting, I haven't quilted or made any tops in quite some time, I think I will pull it out and get started again since I have plenty time on my hand now, and plenty projects that need to be finished are started. Have a great week everyone.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Was just 'flying through' this evening but wanted to 'land' for a moment to tell you, Jo, that I will be thinking of you Wed morning. You'll be all set for spring/summer when this procedure & healing is complete. Hug.
  • Dianarose

JO- I was thinking about you lately and wondering if you were alright. I am glad your date is finally approaching. My deformed boob from 7 yrs ago looks better since the bmx. It's round again. It's small, but I haven't had any fills yet. I will be in your pocket. You have waited a long time for this. Good luck.

• lisamarie68
    lisamarie68 Member Posts: 971

Jo , I will def be in ur pocket on Wednesday , with big hugs .. xoxoxo

Dina rose .. so happy for u hope ur drains come out xoxoxo

me I am just sitting here getting more and more anxious as my bmx approaches .. preparing my apt and myself for the healing to come ... hugs to u all  

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Jo, in your pocket for Wednesday.  You'll be ready for bikini season this year! Wink

Lisamarie, when is your surgery scheduled?

• lisamarie68

Meece my surgery is 24th  of April ... just one week away .. I am having BMX with SNB and TE's ... and ANXIETY ... 

• justmejanis

Jo count me in on that very crowded pocket.  I am so happy I am an early riser.  I think I will get the best ;seat' available.  You are in my thoughts and prayers...always!!!   Anxiety is normal, but know you will have tons fo friends nearby.

Lisamarie we'll just have to keep the parties going.  Count me in on the 24th.  We will get you through this together!

Healing hugs and love to all.

Janis

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Busy week for the Middies.

nfranklin,  the chemo symptoms can build up during treatment, but you got through the first one o.k. and hopefully the second will not be too different.  Good Luck today!

marlegal,  sounds like you had a joyous occasion there.  Congrats to your daughter! 

Life moves forward.  Cancer or no cancer, our futures have weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and mega-lottos (it could happen!) to experience.  It's not all darkness ahead, there will be some shining moments.  Those of you in the midst of treatment, heed my words!

• sissyvonvon
    sissyvonvon Member Posts: 22

Ladies, thanks for the very encouraging words.  I really appreciate them.  I am to have a biopsy of the small lesions on my liver.  The scans said they were 'low density'. One was not even picked up on my regular CT Scan.  I had some abnormal uptake on my right public bone that was questionable.  I had a rough last Wed. night but am beginning to feel better.  My PET Scan was normal overall except for that.  Do they remove these lesions?  Janis and Jo, I will be thinking of you and praying for you and I know about anxiety.  Diana, glad you are improving with each day. It's not fun to have all this anxiety.  Elimar, thank you for you recent words about how life goes on.  My youngest son is graduating from college May 11. Does anyone know about treatment for these lesions besides removal, and what kind of treatment is given?  I really appreciate this forum, it's nice to know we can come here and talk and everyone understands and we are there for each other.  Have a blessed day everyone!!

• sissyvonvon
    sissyvonvon Member Posts: 22

I can't talk right today, ha.  Where I said 'public' I meant 'pubic'.  ha.  I'm not very nervous am I???

• Dianarose

Just got a letter from Genomic Health and my MO ordered the Oncotype Dx and my insurance is going to pay 100% even though I had 4 positive nodes. I am so thrilled !!!! I did not want to have chemo without the test.

My dam tubes were at 40 cc's the past 24 hrs so I can't get them out just yet. It sucks. I did not sleep well last night and feel crappy and depressed today. I did however get myself dressed without assistance which is progress. I hate not being independant.

• lisamarie68

question ??? what do u think about me getting a tattoo with one week before surgery ?? can I do that or not ... 

• Paula66

Well Im a tattoo addict so if I gave you my choice, it would be go for it if its not to large why not.  But I would have to say no if its a good sized one.  If  you heal good from them I don't see any issues. 

• lisamarie68

thanks paula .. its just a small BC ribbon that I want behimd my ear ! :)

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

justmejanis....I'm sorry to hear about your prolapse problem and I sure hope I'm not facing that a few years down the road. I guess it's another one of those things that they don't tell you about before you have something done and then you find out about the possibility. Yuck. I'll be in your pocket...

I'll be in your pocket too jo1955!

• justmejanis

LovesChristmas......I hope I didn't scare you!  It does not happen to everyone so don't put it on your worry list.  You likely will never have a problem.

Dianarose I am so happy about your insurance.  One less thing to worry about through all of this.  I am so sorry the drains are so uncomfortable.  One day at a time.  I hope you get some relief really soon.

Sissy....I don't know a thing about the liver biopsy.  Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and hope all goes well for you.  We're always here when you need us. 

Hi Eli!  Lots of sage advice, I know everyone appreciates it.

• Dianarose

justmejanis- the doctors office called this afternoon and if the past 24 hrs drains are around 34-35 cc's they will take them out tomorrow. I will do cart wheels !!! They did say I will have drains again after the te exchange, bummer.

• Paula66

Luckey for you Dianarose.  I had to wait until it was at 25cc.  I went almost 2 weeks with 1 drain in.  I dont know if different tyoes of reconstruction have anything to do with drains or not.  I had TE/Silicon implants in and no drains.  What type of recon are you having done?