Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Sherry, Sherry, Sherryc, What is so freaky?  That is my own eye, giving a sidelong glance.  Is it the under eye luggage I am carrying?  Well, George and Brad (but not the genetically perfect Johnny) are sporting eye bags too.  Now you made me self-conscious.  I knew I should have stayed a little pink dog.  But that is not my habit on the anniversaries, and I am a creature of habit, so I will post another pic soon (even tho' it makes me look bug-eyed.  Why go for just a bit freaky, when I know I can do better.)  I'll have to post the pic of my "oh, really?" eyes.  In the spirit of freaky forgiveness I will post some hooray, happy dancers (three, of course) now that you are home from the surgery.

cmb,  George, Johnny and Brad...eenie, meenie, minee...all of them!  Triple hotness!!!  You had better help me out with the thread hospitality today.  You know how people just like to stop by for an anniversary open house.  Made a huge batch of Cheetos/Marshmallow Treats.  Don't knock 'em til you've tried five or six.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

lovin' the triplets-especially the boys!! Congrats for the thread Elimar...it truly is one of my very favorite places to go & hang! 

• elimar

It's noon somewhere...time for the 3-hour happy hourS 12-3 p.m., not to be confused with the happy hourS from 3-6 p.m, or the evening happy hourS.

Chin chin!  (I've always liked that toast.  Best double chin you can have.  Today it's chin chin chin!  Maybe even in the Japanese slang way--Google it!))

• elimar

Care to join me for some fancy-schmancy "crostinis."  Honey/Pear/Gorgonzola...my favorite!  Or would you prefer provolone w/garlic and roasted red pappers?

• eph3_12

I spy with my own little eyes E eyes!!!!! Drinks & pupus look divine!

• effcancer
    effcancer Member Posts: 26

I'll take three of everything, please! Losing my marbles today, as my MO appt is tomorrow, and we're going over first PET scan results since dx. So, scared shitless. I know, I know, being scared does not change what is on the scan. But I'm still terrified if what's on the scan is not good news. And because I take stupid Oxycontin, I can't have a drink. Sigh. But I can eat stuff...

• Dakota212
    Dakota212 Member Posts: 104

Count me in on the drinks!!! Need them today!!! Cheers ;)

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Ok Eff what you have to remember is when we cyber party, there are no calories, no hangovers, no nasty side effects from stupid drugs we have to take. so ENJOY!!!!m Let loose, and forget about. . . what I already forgot!!!

• effcancer
    effcancer Member Posts: 26

Thanks, Claire! I just want this week to be over and for it to end with good news...

• cmbear

Ok its not always about the hot bods. . .  

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Elimar, I think your avatar is BEAUTIFUL!!! You just scared a newbie (to this site) who thought you were a small pink dog....

As for being strong. Don't mix that up with bravery and/or courage!!! "You don't have to be brave, you just have to show up." That's one of my fav sayings. 

I don't like Brad Pitt. He always looks like he's smelling his own shit. He's just a big spoiled boy toy. And yep, I did recognize Johnny this time!!

Read something on Facebook that I LOVE:

"Falling down is part of life; getting back up is living." So simple, and yet so true...eh? 

• elimar

effcancer,  I found some pretty, new marbles for you.  Don't worry if you lose some, there's more where those came from.

Now enjoy the virtual party, where you may enjoy virtually evrything.

• elimar

Thanks, Barbe.  Beauty IS in the bug-eyes of the beholder!

Matthew just got better looking in triplicate.  Hmmm...

That just prompted me to located a trilogy of a certain bug-eyed Brit (but on him, they look sexy.)   Tender--medium rare--well done.  Yummy!

It's Rufus Sewell.  He never met a costume drama he didn't like, and he's been in about 4 of every 5 ever filmed.  

The thing about these actors...and most of you already know this...is that in my mind's fantasy, they also do household chores.  They don't just stand around and look pretty and just ACT like they want to help, they pitch in and take the chicken bones from dinner out to the dumpster before the dog starts to root in the trash for them.  Gorgeous, helpful, and they should also be immensely funny.  Now that's what I call a triple threat!

• elimar

And don't forget, we can invite our sister friends to celebrate with us.  They don't have to be famous, but they should be fabulous.  I met these gals in the waiting lounge at the Jiffy Lube today.  I like how the older one has "sagged" hers down to waist level.

Remember at the one year party, Elizabeth Edwards came?  Now she could par-tay!  We were all talking about that.  Miss her.  Miss reesie too.  reesie had a better husband, that's for sure.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Eli now you have two eyes are you going for three? I love all the food, drinks and eye candy

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I have bug eyes!!! I takes a steady hand to do makeup on my kind of eyes. NEVER has one of those gals that PROMISE they'll give me a new look have been able to do it nicely. I end up explaining about how to shadow my kind of eyes and they thank me....sigh.

• elimar

Sherryc,  My third eye (although you cannot see it) is always there, all seeing, and generally working overtime.  I've had plenty of enlightenment and out-of-body experiences on this thread, believe you me.   In fact, I just put my third eye in charge of this whole shebang!  Or hadn't you noticed?

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Eli love the glasses

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Janis, I am sooo glad you are making that appointment. I know you'll be glad you did. All my bestest vibes for true, full healing in that regard.

Will post anniv'y pics for thread in a minute, I still have another page to read!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

For our dining pleasure ... and I join in the thanks to Eli for starting this thread. I only follow two and this is one of them :)

• lezza13
    lezza13 Member Posts: 579

Thanks for the welcome ladies.  I love the pics here!  They just make me smile and thank  you!

• elimar

Ooooh, does that mean we will get a four tier cake next year, mar?  I need some ice cream with mine.  Which one of my current three favorites will go best?  Haagen Daz Carmel Cone?  Braum's Pistachio Almond?  Or Braum's Pineapple Upside Down Cake Frozen Yogurt (insulin syringe needed?)   You WHAT?  You think I should go ahead and have all three?  No, I couldn't.  Better not.  No.  No, really.  Well, o.k.!

• elimar

OMG, WE JUST HAD A CHEETOS DRIVE BY!

Well, the Cheetos were running low, so I asked my neighbor to pick some up at the store for me.  He thought it would be funny to act like a scrub ("hanging out the passenger side, of his best friend's ride, trying to holla at me") and trying to lure the attentions of the young ladies on the block to himself using MY Cheetos.  Knock it off, Jerome!  I gave you a twenty...where's my change?

• dgcote
    dgcote Member Posts: 17

That looks so good, but my tastebuds are out of wack so it would be a waste right now.yumm

• cmbear
    just saying if I had my druthers I would be sitting at the beach. . . 
  • cmbear

But I can't keep the pooches off my chair. . .

• elimar

Thought I'd see more of the "regulars" peeking in today. 

Maybe I was straying too far from B/C topics, but the fact is after my dental morning, I spent the day alternately putting pics on here, digging a ditch (well, maybe only a trench) in my yard, trying to reverse drought conditions with some grass seed and the hose, eating ice cream in real life (and it was only TWO of the aforementioned flavors, oinky oink oink!) and cleaning up my elderly pet's "accident."  It's quite the charmed life for me.  I didn't think about B/C hardly at all, and I don't know when it happened exactly, but I am glad to have reached the point where it is really not on my mind very much at all anymore.  I think many of you will get to a point like that, and I wish that ALL of you could.  I know the realities, but I still like to feel, "Oh, B/C?  That's ancient history!."  Still, in feeling that way, I might not have the same relevance or immediate need or be as relatable as I once was earlier in my "B/C experience."  I don't know.

Or maybe it was my avatar eyes that just scared people away. 

At any rate, I bid you all Bonne Nuit.  Smile

• cmbear

course when I'm at the beach, there's always time for calisthenics

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

Marlegal, thanks for the encouragement....it means a lot!

Eli, thank you so much for starting this thread and Happy Anniversary! I love the pictures, the laughs, the compassion, and real talk.

Effcancer, your posts are very interesting and thoughtful.

Claire....you find the BEST pictures!!! So much fun!

Sherri, so glad your exchange went well and you are on the other side of that chapter!

• eph3_12

OK-1st off-is that Matthew McCaugnehey NAKED in the top picture of the triple Matthews???? WOWZA.

2nd-Since I am so inept at posting picture, yes, I am-remember I killed the mystery picture? would one of you techno wizards PLEASE post a triple Antonio Banderos for me???

3rd-because my sister & I can not bear the thought of sitting around my living room on 12-25 without my mom, my sister, my DD & I are going to go on a 7 day cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, leaving on the 23rd!  We are VERY excited.  My sister & I have cruised before, but DD hasn't.  

Yay! Yay! Yay!  Happy Birthday to probably my favorite thread-if not my favorite, 1 of my top 3 for sure!!!!   

PS=E that Brit-doesn't he always play a bad guy?  he's kinda hot tho.