Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Pocket parties this week? Scans, tests, results, Tx? Don't want anyone going at it alone. We are all here for you! BTW my second stage of my Diep is scheduled 3 weeks from today. Can't wait to fluff and fill these new babies. My biggest challenge is to keep my weight down between now and then. Darn that Tamoxifen!! And the dark chocolate and the chocolate cake I got for my birthday do not help either. Oh well, the sooner I eat it and it goes away, the sooner I can start loosing the weight. hehehe!!!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

My thoughts EXACTLY.  You must eat all the bad stuff and make it disappear!  That makes perfect sense.

Eph,Congratualtions on the cruise, how exciting.  I know how difficult the loss of your mom is.  I lost mine 12 years ago and still miss her terribly.  Big hugs hon.

I had pre-op work Tuesday and forgot to ask for a party, but it went smoothly.  Tons of tests.  I can have a mini one today.  I am getting a precancerous growth removed from my nose.  Sounds like a great time.  Next Wednesday the 29th is my neck surgery.  I am pretty nervous and would love a party then.  Claire, you are in charge!  We all know there are no calories in pocket parties, so feel free to go wild!  :)

• bcbarbie10
    bcbarbie10 Member Posts: 148

I cant believe ive been hanging around bco all these months and havent found this thread!

Love the pics, too!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Back to everything in single servings today.

Welcome, bcbarbie10!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

The pink dog is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  I still want triple Antonio, please?????????

• justmejanis

For you Eph.............

• eph3_12
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  Be still my heart!  Those are the BOMB, I say!  Laughing Yummy!!!!!!!!
  • Dakota212
    Dakota212 Member Posts: 104

Yeah for you!!!

• eph3_12

Page 706 will always be gone to daily.  Thanks Janis-WOWZA!  HUBBA HUBBA!! LORD HAVE MERCY!

• cmbear

This came on my Ipod and I realized I had this version first. Gawd, I'm old. . .

• cmbear

BCbarbie--so glad you found us. Let us know when your next tx is so we can plan a pocket party!! Meanwhile,

• cmbear

Janis--good luck with your snipping procedure. Don't forget to dress it up, since everyone is going to be asking you might as well look stylin. . .

• justmejanis

Eph...you are very welcome!  Glad i could help.

Claire...no clip clip, they froze if off.  Stung a bit but I'll survive.  I have to keep Polysporin on it and going out side LOTS of sunscreen.! 

• cmbear

oh so you needed this instead. . .

• justmejanis

LOL Claire that looks a little warm for this heat, but would work.  I kind of have the Rudolph look right now.  So attractive!  :)

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

welcome bcbarbie ... you'll be glad you tagged this thread - we're pretty damn fun if I do say so myself!!

Eli - absolutely a 4-tier next year ... I'll make a 3 1/2 in February if you like :)

Love the page topper (see/hear/speak no evil triplets) ... I don't think I ever had a waist like that chick on the right - and I was a size 3 for a long time, truly!

In honor of our impending Friday, which newbies might not know yet is my hands down favorite day of the week (still have to work full time, so no surprise there), and in recognition if his recent anniversary, I offer this pic of one of my favorite performers.

• lezza13
    lezza13 Member Posts: 579

I am so happy to have found this thread and  have joined such a great group of women.  With kids at college or in the army, the only one left at home is the DH.  So I have found new friends on this thread. It can be a lonely place even with my work with hardly anyone understanding me.  So thanks for the greetings and thanks for the pictures.  What a treat they all are:cupcakes, ice cream, Elvis and even ducks. oh, and all the other pictures too! Thanks again ladies.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Claire, like that's a disguise..right!! 6'1" tall, black man wearing an orange ski mast and a black/orange and gray hooded jacket!! He'll go really far....ehehehehehehehe

Janis, keep your nose protected!!!! 

• cmbear
    Barbe, I was TRYING to be funny. y'know, Janis got her nose spot FROZEN off. . . get it, parka, ski mask . . . never mind. . . Laughing
  • marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Well middies, it was 7 yrs ago today that I got the phone call. Actually, just about this time of day as a matter of fact. It's been the quickest 7 yrs in my entire life. It's also been the fullest 7 yrs. Not necessary filled with good all the time, but I'm selfishly glad that I'm able to see there's been way more good than bad in the last 7 yrs. Becoming a part of the BCO Community, even to the point of working with them on occasion since they're local to me, has meant more to me than I could ever say. I think most of you understand though.

Thank you to all the wonderful women I've met in this thread and others, and especially the chat room ... my lifeline when first dx'd. I look forward to celebrating many more anniversaries with all of you, and FOR all of you.

Much love and hugs.

• Dakota212
    Dakota212 Member Posts: 104

Marlegal-

Congrats!!! Thank you for all u have shared with us ;)

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Seven years...NICE!  You are getting so good at being cancer-free.  Keep it going.

Mmmm, tasty!

• Teacup2012
    Teacup2012 Member Posts: 11

Marlegal - congrats on 7 years! That is encouragement to the rest of us! Especially us newbies!

• eph3_12

Marlegal!  SEVEN is quite the #!  You go girl!

• cmbear

Marlegal!! You inspire us all!!! Happy Lucky number seven!! 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Congrats Marlegal!! You're an inspiration!!

• justmejanis

Marlegal congratulations on this amazing milestone!  I hope you can find a way to celebrate.  So good getting to know you.  I am just tickled pink for you!  :)

• Catnz
    Catnz Member Posts: 20

Congrats Marlegal - that's one seven year itch you won't want to scratch!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Congrats on 7 years marlegal, keep the  cancer free years coming.