Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

We all mourn in our own way. We all have our own time table. Just like BC, we are all different on how we handle loss. I don't think Joni is saying not to mourn---just don't forget to follow in Marybe's footsteps and contribute to others. In time, in your own time. ((hugs)) to all.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Yes, I didn't mean not to be sad & not to mourn, just don't forget her legacy! Sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intent at all.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Meece and Joni are right.Most of us here help others all the time.But she will be really missed.Just like KK they are thought of when ever we log on to the threads that they started. I really hate this stupid disease.Yell 

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

E ~~~~ I love the plate of cookies. ♥♥♥♥♥

(((( Marybe ))))

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Agreed. I am sooo sad, but if anyone hated puss faces, it was Marybe!!! So we take our part of her that we captured in our soul, and we share that with others. F*** ... I don't want her gone, but F*** if I'm gonna let cancer dim her light.

Okay kids ... I'm turnign that corner ... I'll take a little of MB's spunk and add it to mine. Look out world!! lol

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Thank you for noticing, Valjean!

Yes, I decided to use a plate of cookies up at the top as my symbolic remembrance of Marybe.  It's a tiny pic of jam-filled heart cookies.  I don't know if she ever actually baked this kind, but it is entirely possible.  She was always taking cookies to someone, all different kinds, and it is a good symbol of giving to others.  Anyway, she liked cookies (baking AND eating,) she had a great big heart, and in the end the Adriamycin weakened her heart and did her in.  I want to remember that too.  My second choice was Sauerkraut Balls.  Heehee!  

So now, along with the orange flowers icon for PauldingMom, and the dragon boat for reesie, we will have a plate of cookies representing Marybe.  It might have been "time" for each one of them to go, but IMO it was too soon.

The other two remaining icons just go without explaining.  Wink

• eph3_12

Here's DD & I at a wedding this afternoon.  Posting mostly so you can see my eyebrows.  It's been just over 3 months since I got them tattoo'd on.  Editted to add, her arms are reflecting in my glass lens. looks bizarre!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Great picture Joni - beautiful smiles! Your eyebrows look terrific. The arms in the eyeglasses are a little freaky - looks like DD is after your eyeball  - lol

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903

Those look great!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Love the brow Joni!

I just have to say this much about all of you.  I am so grateful for each and everyone of you!!  Since I was diagnosed with cancer my life took a turn that I wasn't expecting.  I'm lucky to be a part of a group that is so caring and fun to be with!!  No person should ever have to face this beast alone.  My sissy was so alone when she had cancer.  The www just started taking off and having it at 30 yrs old for her had to be hard enough.  With no one to really connect with, she had to do this pretty much by herself and the doctors.  Anyways just wanted to let you all now just how luckey I do feel to have this safe place to come to to get out what I need to get out or to get a good giggle.  Also the advice on how to get thru all that comes along with cancer.   

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Joni, do a new avatar!!! You look like you've lost weight...in your face at least. Have you? Grieving over your Mom....? But you do look wonderful, sweetie!!!

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

RIP Marybe. I haven't been to this site in a bit as my computer was in the shop. Sometimes it justs makes me plain sad.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Joni, they look great!!

Native, I feel exactly the same way :)

• cmbear

Joni--LOVE the brows, you must be so happy!!! And its a great picture, but I think I would do some photoshop on your eyeglasses. . . : )

• eph3_12

Thanks girls.  I have lost some weight. Want to try to get another 25-30 off before December.  My sister, daughter & I are going on a cruise over Christmas.  We couldn't stand the thought of being here this 1st year without Mom.  

• barbe1958

How are you losing the weight Joni? I've lost some just by portion size and NOT worrying about carbs!! I find carbs help me stay full longer so I switched sides and am now losing weight. Go figure.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Joni those first milestones are always the hardest.  It gets easier as time passes but the whole family structure seems to shift/change when a mom passes.  I lost my mom 13 years ago and sometimes I still cannot believe it has been that long.  My son and I got into a huge fight the first Mother's Day after my mom died.  She died in January and by May it was still so fresh.  I felt bad, Adam wanted to take me out to brunch for Mother's Day and I just couldn't do it.  Even though my mom and I lived in different states we at least got to talk on the phone Mother's Day.  I tried and tried to explain to Adam that I simply could not go out to a restaurant and put on a happy face when I saw other people celebrating with their mothers.  He accused me of not getting over it, not being able to move on, etc.  I told him it was just that FIRST thing.  I could not bring myself to go.  He was I think 19 and he stayed angry at me for awhile.  Oh well.  I just couldn't make myself go out.  The following year I was fine.  Holidays will never be the same, but you can still make them work and even start new traditions.  Joy does return but it takes time.  I am really sorry you lost your mom, but you are making some really good plans.  It will help, and after this first milestone you will find you can celebrate holidays again and do so happily.  Big hugs sweet lady.  Oh, I too love the eyebrows!  :)

• eph3_12

Saw my MO today.  She was also the MO for my mom.  When she entered the room, we took 1 look at each other & both started crying! It was sweet tho.

Anyway, got all's clear.  I do need to do another bone density test. And she was looking at length of time on Femara & said I was getting it whittled down, only a couple more years.  I said, 2 years, 1 month & 3 days to be precise!!  She laughed.  

• cmbear
    Ok requesting a pocket party for Thursday. Having my 2nd stage of my diep, moving a little FAT around, fixing some scars, evening out the girls. Hoping he gets it right so I won't have to go thru this again!! Also see my RO tomorrow for my 6 month check-up.He hasn't seen me since the diep surgery. No pocket party--girls--my doc is such a cutie, I just don't want to share!!!!!Wink
  • barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Might be a bit late on Thurs as I have a CT that day, but will definitely jump in afterward.  I am sure that anyone else "in pocket" will make sure that he gets it right - I am sure that he won't want to have to deal with all of us again!

Good luck tomorrow (can't we come just to have a wee peek?) and Thurs!

• barbe1958

PP planned for Thursday for Claire and for basco's CT as well. Then I'm busy all weekend...yippee!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Joni the eyebrows look great and your DD is beautiful.

cmbear will be at the pocket party.

• bcbarbie10
    bcbarbie10 Member Posts: 148

What is a pocket party? How do we do it?

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Claire I am coming, reserve a spot for me.  I am bringing lemon cheesecake. 

bcbarbie, a pocket party is s virtual party we attend when anyone has a test, doctor appointment, any upcoming medical procedure.  We all hop in the person's pocket to rally them on.  Cheetos are always present as well as lots of other goodies, snacks, drinks, and good looking doctors!  Fun stuff, and you don't need a reservation.  Just hop on in.  It can get crowded early!  :)

• bcbarbie10
    bcbarbie10 Member Posts: 148

Omg! Good looking doctors! And cheetos!!!! Ill be checking in! 👠👏😊

• cmbear

Ok,ok y'all can with me today to meet my Dr. McDreamy. I'l share--just this once!!! Hopefully he will give me the all clear and I won't have to see him again Cry but I will be glad to move past this part of recovery. Barsco, I will be there in spirit for your CT. . .that is as soon as I pry the cheetos away from the cat. . . 

• elimar

It's not posting all of my post...will keep working on it.

• elimar
    Still won't post right.  I'm giving up.
  • Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Count me in for the pocket party. Bring lots of sweets. It's the only thing I can taste since starting the chemo.

Question- My PS wants to put my implants in prior to rads. Has anyone else had this done? I will be glad to get rid of the expanders and she said the rads shouldn't effect the implants, but I am nervous about the whole thing. I don't want to have to do it twice.

• dechi
    dechi Member Posts: 110

Pocket Party!!