Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

ChachIT'S ALL PART OF MIDDLE-AGE DISASSOCIATIVE DISORDER.  And then while we are at the mirror, we pull up our shirts and say, "Who's boobs are those?"  (Or the "Who's chest...version.)  THAT'S THE B/C TWIST ON IT.  Can't really say when my mind's eye started straying from the path of reality.  

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

Justing popping in to say Hey........"Hey"

Elimar - love the pic at the top!  Actually had to look twice!!

Also, "Happy Thanksgiving" to my fellow Canadian Sisters! 

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Hey middies. Been a while since I was in - these pages fill up so quickly! Hugs to those with appts coming up, and congrats to those who had good ones already. As for increased markers, my onc did the tests, but always said she relied way more on other factors...that the test results by themselves did not cause her concern. Like many others said though - she watched for patterns. Small deviations didn't even warrant her telling me about it. I hope that's all it was for you too hon.

And now, if I may, I'd like to introduce you all to the newest man in my life - David Theodore Funt - born 10/6, weighing in at 7 lb 6 oz, 20 inches long, and obviously the most perfectly formed, handsomest child ever put upon this earth. I'm in love :) Here he is puckering up for a kiss to me!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Marlegal! How beautiful!!! You must be in grandma heaven!!!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

What a heart stealer, marlegal. Congratulations on your new grandson!

I value your opinion on the markers. Thank you.

And I belatedly want to offer my congratulations on your 7-year anniversary. I wasn't posting much at the time - wrote myself a stickey note to remind myself for the next time I got here and then promptly forgot. Best wishes for many, many more.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Handsome little guy! Congrats Marlegal!!!!!

Have a good week middies.. Love the shoes!!!!

• marlegal

Val, thank you for saying that you value my opinion ... that made me feel good :) And thanks for the belated congrats - always welcomed!! I can't wait to congratulate you on the same thing. That is really touching that you wrote a sticky - I do that too!!! Thank you hon.

And thanks to everyone else for the congrats. Grandmom heaven indeed.

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

LOL Eli! "MIDDLE-AGE DISASSOCIATIVE DISORDER". love it!

Beautiful Grandson Marlegal! Congrats!

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979

Congratulations Marlegal. Having my 2 year old grand daughter for a sleep over as we speak. Wishing you many amazing sleep overs with this lil guy! Brings so much joy!!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903

Congrats, Marlegal!

• elimar

marlegal,  Congrats on the arrival of your newest family member.  He's adorable.  Any hair under that cap?

fmakj,  Long time no see.  Ilike the new avatar. 

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadian Sisters!  (I have a calendar with the Canadian holidays this year.)

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Oh Marlegal!! I am SO happy for you!!! Kind of surreal as you hold him, eh???? This is a part of YOU moving on out into the world!!!!!

As for age...I wonder about that too. I look at women my age, in their mid-50's and they just seem so MATURE and reasonable and OLD!!! What memo did they get that I wasn't there for?? I still feel like I'm a silly 19 or so.... I just bought some skinny jeans, too!! Never had them when they were "age appropriate" but needed them now to fit into my furry WalMart boots!! Woo hoo!!! 

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Marlegal - congrats on the safe arrival of David! What a blessing.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

malegal congratulations. What a beautiful baby boy you have there

• elimar

Where's Eph?

• marlegal

Eli, yes...a good amount of golden hair.

Barbe, surreal is right ... I actually had that thought at one point when I was holding him. How can we be expected to wrap our heads around that one, huh? lol

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Here.  I went away for the weekend.  My aunt that was diagnosed with a brain tumor just before my mom died, passed on Oct 4, so I went up to spend time with cousins.  Back now!

As aside: you could not pay me enough to live in Portland OR-I HATE the traffic!! 

• elimar

Eph, there you are!  I remember when you told us of your aunt.  Sorry to hear that she passed.  I do hope that her final month had some good days among them.  This has been a year of loss for you, and it does take its toll on you, so take extra care of yourself.

Now where is KittyGirl and justmejanis (and her neck?)   Paula66 and Walker222?   Not that I mind Newbies, but I always keep an eye out for the Oldbies.

• elimar

I was on another thread and, in the spirit of all the pinkness, they were talking about that euphemism for having B/C, like how some call it a "journey" or even "pink journey."  Well, I loved one of the responses that said:

"...a journey suggests it is one that you've opted to undertake, not one that makes you feel like you've just been shot out of a cannon and now you've landed on some parallel pink planet."

Aha-ha-ha-ha!  Too true!  Credit that one to sister Mini1.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

"shot out of a cannon" - indeed - lol

Anyone up for a PP tomorrow? Going for a CT scan (brain) to see if there's anything there. hahaha Not too worried about it - but always glad to have the company of great women!

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

LMAO!!!!  "...a journey suggests it is one that you've opted to undertake, not one that makes you feel like you've just been shot out of a cannon and now you've landed on some parallel pink planet."

Barsco: Count me in!

Let us plan your next PARTY!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Congrats Marlegal! Love those cute little boys! My one grandson is spending an overnight with us tonight and he is just pumped up.  He keeps telling his Mom to text Grandma and find out when I'm coming to pick him up.  Such a sweetheart! Scary that he knows at age 3 about texting! 

Looks like Sherryc and I are having our mamo's on the same day, Oct 18.  My medical onc gave me a good report so now it on to the radiology onc.  Cross your fingers!  Kitty 

• barbe1958

Count me in for the PP!!

• eph3_12

how long after a bone scan should one have results?

• cmbear

Eph-- depends on what kind and where it's done. What did you have done?

• eph3_12

it was the one where you lay on the table fully clothed and they scan the spine & hips I guess for osteoporosis prediction.  It was done at the breast cancer center here at the local hospital

• cmbear

Was it a dexa scan ? I had one last week and they called me the next day.

• barbe1958

Joni, that is a bone density scan. They told me right there that my bones were fine. You may have some issues that they have to dictate and then write up and then forward to your doc. God forbid they pick up the phone!!! Let us know how you did. I do know that as I am heavier, my bones are VERY healthy as they are weight-bearing bones. I have girlfriends in big trouble as they've been thin all their lives (weak as water!!!) and now have thin old lady bones. Karma is a bitch! They nagged ME for years to lose weight and now they're the ones breaking down!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Looks like there is three of us with mamm's on Oct. 18 as I am scheduled then as well.

Who'da thunk it!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

barsco I am in for the PP

Kittygirl glad to see you but I am not having a mammo had BMX one of the perks, no more scans, but still get groped alot!!!