Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2010

TonLee - Hope you are feeling better each day.   I ws thinking of you on my ride this AM and wanted to remember to give you this tip - my only really good chemo tip other than what we've already said to you like gentle and water and do only what you can etc...  For that eternal problem faced by all, especially we exercisers who want our bodies to function well - Milk of Magesia.  That old-fashioned remedy.  During steroid prep and the day after chemo - will make you feel like a new woman even with all the toxins coursing through your system.  I swore by it after each treatment and now keep a bottle close by "just in case".  Helps with that bloated feeling.  Ruth is right - you will feel better again and as time goes by you will look back on this part of your treatment and know you were strong.

Carol - what a great plan you have in place for exercise.  I know what mean about the snow melting.  We were 40+ degrees today and more throught the weekend.  I too am no gain, no loss.  Guess that's pretty good considering...  An earthquake!!

Mary - sorry about the cold but love your DH.  He's a keeper.

Retriever - looks like the all clear for your son.  Nils made it to FL yesterday afternoon and our forecast should be good for your DS return to the east.  Is he at Rutgers or Stevens or Princeton?  Not trying to pry - just curious.  My So does business at all the NJ schools.

Sherry - what a nice story about your yoga instructor.  A personal session - lucky you:)

Patoo - I also love your new photo.  Waiting for Nils to help me upload a more current picture of myself when he returns.

Ronna - hope all went well today.

I am officially finished working for 2010.  No work until Monday.  It's been a good year after a number a very lean years for us.  I am grateful for all the blessings on our extended family.  Leaving tomorrow at noon for the beach and dinner with family.  Rode this morning and will have my final ride of 2010 tomorrow morning.  Wishing you all a blessed rest of this year.  Strength to handle all the challenges in 2011 and much love.  BobbiKiss

• bobcat
    edited December 2010

OMG - Cheryl!!  Forgot to tell you that SO is off to Zumba class tonight.  He tried it last week and has decided he's going to master it this new year.  He's 61, handsome, white hair - I'm sure a class favorite!!  Too funny but I don't want to discourage because he's been looking for inspiration.  Do you have a lot of men in your class?  Besides the fabulous Eduardo, of course.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited December 2010

Okay, just joined the ELAB thread so gonna pop in a LS tape and get moving.

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited December 2010

bobcat:  Thanks for the info.  He's at Princeton.  Now he's concerned about public transit from Newark to campus.  I was more concerned that he be able to fly out of here tomorrow am, but the weather here has calmed down.  We can get very bad fog at the airport due to the lake effect.

Just spent 30 mins on the exercise bike, now watching "Babe."  Will have to have DS show me how the basement DVD player works; somehow he's got it connected to his old PS2 game device. Otherwise, I will be stuck with old videos, which tend to be kids' shows.

Time to make a last family meal.  DS doesn't plan to return this coming summer, so it will be up to me to fly out there for visits.  Another milestone and, I must admit, cause for some depression.  I wasn't down when he first went to college because I was so excited for him, but this departure will be tough (leaving for the airport at 5 am is always tough, tho).

New glasses today for a new year.  Here's to a much better one!

• patoo
    edited December 2010

Did it - YAY!

• patoo
    edited December 2010

RetrieverMom, NJ Transit goes from Newark to Princeton but not sure how far campus is from the Princeton station.  He might want to google NJ Transit train schedules.  A cab can cost between $75. and $125.  Next time tell him to fly into Philly - I think it's a lot closer.

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589
    edited December 2010

Thanks Bobcat...

I haven't heard the milk of mag. thing yet.  I take Metamucil, but have to be very careful because last time the TCH gave my stomach issues and the Metamucil made it worse......on Zantac now.

No exercise today.  No real reason except my kids are still off from school and I couldn't carve out a window of opportunity.....

I guess missing one day every once in awhile is ok, so long as it doesn't become habit...lol.

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve everyone!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited December 2010

Did my extremely good FIRM 'Get Chisled' workout & then went out for coffee in the blizzard (no kidding .....50 mile an hour north winds whipping the snow around....it is supposed to be even worse tomorrow.....are we having fun yet?!).

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited December 2010

Hi all. First and most important, I want to wish all of my great sisters on this site a HEALTHY AND HAPPY  NEW YEAR. Tomorrow I am expecting friends over early to start enjoying the  New Year. No fuss, just appetizers, pizza and dessert. I refuse to stress.

Well since I am not jumping over to I HATE MY IMPLANTS site, I will bore everyone here with my details. Thank God I do not have Capsular Contracture which was going through my head.PS said to get a bra with more lift, wear a bra  24/7, massage more. He said capsular would be hard, but it is soft, he knows my discomfort, but will try and remedy this before another surgery of a smaller implant. We talked about deconstruction, thus, not a good idea for me. So, my dh and I went to the bra boutique and found 2 more bras which will offer more support. Next appointment 2-3. He did not say anything about no gym, so I do have continue clearance to get there. I am on a lazy streak, have not been there.

I even mentioned Basheba's Breast to him. He said he now wants to read it. Still have to finish that.

Bobby, don't bother with Empire Boardwalk book I suggested. It is nothing but facts and more facts about the politicians and the corruption of AC in the early days. Getting tired of all of the facts. Regarding your SO in zumba class, I get a kick when they join in.

Toni, please don't be hard on yourself with working out. I have had personal trainers for over 10 years and now my life has changed and having to live with it. Go slow, do what you can, there are no workout police watching you. I have seen my body change, have cried, but am living with it. Do what you can. Please.......

RetrieverMom: like you, I am a pet lover. Am enjoying all the pet stories,

Ruth, another storm coming your way, Today in Jersey, it was pretty nice. Good news on your tests.

Sherry, good news on your terrific weight loss.

Carol, a shout out to you, my Jersey snow is brown and ugly, glad you made it through the earthquake.

Once again, if I missed anyone so very sorry,

MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU, HAVE A HEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

I will try and get on computer tomorrow.

Hugs,

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited December 2010

Hi, it is me again, Bobby, for you, along with my other issues of breast implant, the PS said scar tissue is a major factor. So I will give it time.  At least I know there are other options.

Once again, have a happy and healthy new year to all.

Hugs,

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited December 2010

Nature grrl-congrats on getting organized on your workouts.  That always helps me to stay on track when I have a plan.

Well I did nothing today.  Was too tired to get up this am and do the elliptical.  DH took me to rads today which I was grateful for because I don't know that I could have driven the 45 minutes home.  As soon as I walked in the door I went straight to bed and slept for 1 1/2 hrs.  Was going to dinner with friends so could not go out and walk.  Will do my run/walk tomorrow when I get up.  I will feel the best then.  The fatigue of rads is really setting in on me.  I am glad I have been exercising or who knows how bad it would be.  At least it is manageable.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2010

Hello tart sisters. Didn't post yesterday I but I did go to Body Combat last night and then walked dogs for a mile, I am dog sitting over in the posh neighborhood again - nice house, lovely dogs and they filled the fridge for me. Tonight another girl from the HB gym and I drove down to Eduardos Combat class in Rancho Santa Margarita - it's official I'm a combat groupieTongue out but boy what a nice gym and lovely people, very welcoming and Carol, Billy Blanks is teaching a Tae Bo class there this Saturday morning, pity you're not out here I'd take you. It's great that you have a plan in place, that's why I love the classes I have something different to do every day but I must add in more weight training. Bobbi too funny about SO and in zumba it is the older guys who tend to come in to the class, they are more comfortable in their own skin. Rest easy Sherry and just do what you can.  Hope you feel better soon Mary have some chicken soup and wrap up in a nice blankie and geeze Ruth you need to wrap up and stay indoors as well.  We had another horrendous rain storm yesterday but it was fast moving then today it was absolutely glorious, the mountains are all covered in snow and they sky was a brilliant blue but man it's cold.  Night all.

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited December 2010

Sherry, by the time I finished rads I was sleeping a couple of hours every afternoon.  One very hard part for me was coming to terms with all the fatigue, but, as the saying goes, "This, too, shall pass." Your exercise will make your recovery easier.  Hang in there!

Watching the crazy weather on the news this AM:  rain, snow, ice... and here I sit in 50 degrees.  Silly Indiana Undecided  Stay safe, everyone.  Especially Ruth with the blizzard/wind/cold!

Cheryl, I'm so pathetic, Billy would kick me out of his class  Smile but I would love to see him teach it... I'm still clunky and not doing things smoothly but am determined to stick with it!  Are you going to his class?! 

Ronna, I only had a lump., so I don't have implant issues, sending a big hug for you and wishes that you see improvement soon.  I'm a big fan of no-stress celebrations -- loses the point if you can't relax, doesn't it? 

Anyone do good-luck food for the New Year?  My mom was southern so she always made black-eyed peas, but she also made something with cabbage for my northern dad... I have a both waiting for me for tomorrow. Black-eyed pea salsa, cabbage soup.  Oh, and get out the Beano. Anyone ever go to Times Square?  I dislike crowds but that always looks like such an experience...

I don't really make New Year's resolutions (tend to make them as they come up all year) but one goal for this year is to get up early enough on work days to get my exercise done before work.  So far I'm still sleeping as long as possible but I feel that slowly shifting.  Not working today and it's time to quit fooling around on the computer and go kick! with Billy!  

A toast to all!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited December 2010

Tarts. We are all going to keep on Moving to a healthier and Happy New Year.Hope you all Dance your Butts off tonight.Sealed

• patoo
    edited December 2010

Just did 50 mins on treadmill - YAY!

Carol, I tried all 2010 to get up earlier to no avail but will join you and try again.  I think I have to get myself used to going to bed earlier the night before for at least a few days or a week and then it will not mind getting up earlier.  So, I'll try to get to bed earlier all next week and the week after see if my body has adjusted - sounds like a plan to me.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2010

I can't get up earlier but my resolutions are to keep exercising AND the usual 'get the diet under control' one.

Speaking of stress......before Christmas I went to that fund raiser & they had a hypnotist as part of the program. Well, he was selling a bunch of CDs after the show & just for fun I bought one called "Reduce Stress & Tension...and...Power Napping". I usually am a rotten sleeper but I've been putting it on when I go to bed and WHAM it knocks me right out. Maybe I should buy his lose weight one too! Anyway, if you want to check him out you can look at www.FrederickWinters.com also can download his stuff on ITUNES according to the brochure I got.

Down to the basement to exercise....winter weather advisory until 3pm, when more snow starts falling turning it back into a blizzard. Tonight we are invited to a house party on the other side of town. We will see if Old Man Winter will cooperate. Off I go, will check back later. Ruth

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited December 2010

1/2 hour of Wii Fit Plus (quite fun!!) and 1/2 hour of treadmill crosswalk program (NOW am totally soaked but feel GREAT!!).  Off to the shower and to get ready for tonight (we have 2 daughters having friends over and DH and I are also having friends over).  Will probably have many extra people here overnight!!

I am hoping that everyone has a SAFE and HEALTHY New Year!!  Please be safe tonight if you are travelling!! 

See you next year!   

• TonLee
    edited December 2010

60 minutes walking outside today....made it into the 50's here, which is a rare rare thing in Ohio during December...

Loved it.  So nice to be ALIVE and OUTSIDE.

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783
    edited December 2010

Hi Ton Lee ! Is ohio very cold?   50 minutes walking outside ! wow its great thing.

• bobcat
    edited December 2010

Wow - everyone getting in their last day of 2010 exercise.  You are all awesome in my book.  Patoo - great job.  Tonlee - 60 minutes walking!! Sherry - rest easy and take care with your naps.  Your body is telling you something.  Mary Louise - have fun tonight.  You've earned and extra hor'deurve.  Mum - are you dancing tonight?  Ronna - good news on the implant.  I do massage in bed every morning to prevent contracture issues.  So far, so good and I'm two years with my implants now.  Hope all goes well.  Picturing your DH bra shopping with youWink  Ruth - I am going to check out FredWinters - would love a weight loss tape.  Cheryl - SO did zumba last night and latin cardio this morning.  What a hoot he is.

I did my 20 mile ride this morning and it's much less cold than it's been in the past month.  I was overdressed but sweat that much more.  Just made the crab dip, packing up the kitties for the ride to the shore and wearing my "skinny" jeans - whoo hoo!!  Happy New Year - talk to you all in 2011Kiss

• ruthbru
    edited December 2010

Did an old "Total Aerobic and Weight Training" video and then bundled up like an eskimo and shoveled for 45 minutes where I really got in the aerobics & weight training!!! The snow blower is on the blink (as usual); it is six below zero, blowing like crazy and the snow is like chunks of ice. I just drank some cocoa, took a hot shower & now will venture out to see my dad before the next storm hits (supposedly at 3:00).

There is no exercise I love more than walking outside when it is in the 50s through 70s (except for walking on a beach!!!).

One of my cats just knocked a water bottle off the table and is engaged in a fierce battle with it! I think the bottle will win unless she can figure out a way to unscrew the cap. Laughing

Happy New Year to Us All! Ruth

• Sherryc
    edited December 2010

after my 1 1/2 nap yesterday slep for 9 hours last night.  So when I got up this am I did my run/walk.  Managed to run 1 mile and walked the other 1 1/2 miles.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!

• patoo
    edited December 2010

Whew ruth, that's some workout.  I'm sure it will put you well on your way to getting rid of that 5 following you around!

Great work this year ladies - keep up the good work and see you in 2011.

• TonLee
    edited December 2010

Raj- we are usually about 30 degrees (O Celcius) in December...so to me that is cold...though I've lived in Alaska and North Dakota and both are much colder....in a different way.

Ruth, I don't miss shoveling all that snow....lol.

Happy New Year Everyone....can't say I'm sad to see 2010 go...been a bad year for my family..and breast cancer has actually not even been the worst of it.....I don't know what it is about even numbered years...but they generally have major suckage for my family....lol.

BRING ON 2011!!!!

• hbcheryl
    edited January 2011

Carol I'm taking a few days off the gym as the dogs I'm taking care of get 3 walks a day about a mile each walk, so far today have walked 2 miles. Ruth brrrrrrrr but what a workout. Too funny about SO Bobbi you'll have to ask him to "show you some moves".  I would like to wish each and every one of you a very Happy and Healthy New Year.

www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=2661499171635&source=jl999

Forgot to say turn up the sound and enjoy from me to you

• Sherryc
    edited January 2011

Tonle I am with you 2011 has to be a better year.  My DH and MIL both has surgery this year and then I got BC, then DIL had a miscarraige not been a good year for our family. Looking forward to 2011.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

• hbcheryl
    edited January 2011
    Happy Birthday Patoo........
  • NatureGrrl
    edited January 2011

Happy birthday, Patoo!!  Photobucket What a great day to have a birthday -- enjoy!

Mum, cute picture!  Dancing in the snow, I love it!

Here's to a better 2011 for all of us... 

and, two of my favorite new year's quotes:

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives. . . . not looking for flaws, but for potential.  Ellen Goodman

I like the idea of looking at our potential, our skills/talents, and workng on those, as well as the flaws that need improvement (always lots of room for both in my life).

And.... one that always makes me laugh (and one thing I want more of this year is laughter!  Laughter and joy...):

New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.  James Agate

Smile

• NatureGrrl
    edited January 2011

PS, Cheryl, lovely card, that song always brings a tear to my eye... Happy New Year, everyone!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited January 2011

Happy New Year Tarts!

I've been horribly remiss in not getting over here; I need to catch up, but I will.  I hope all of you are feeling fabulous this first day of the New Year.

I've been up in Tahoe with so much snow it's unbelievable.  Exercise has been snowshoeing, snowshoeing, snowshoeing.  Haven't ventured to the ski slopes yet as they are quite crowded, but that should subside after today.  We are up here until the 8th.  

NOW is the time to see if you can make it to the Fitness Tart Expo in Tahoe...and we need to plan a date!  Anytime beginning in June is fine with me.  It's going to be beautiful here if this snow keeps up-the lake will be clear, the wildflowers will be profuse, the trees will be green and the air is fresh.

I'm looking forward to 2011!  

Happy, HEALTHY, New Year...

XO

Kim