Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• msphil
    msphil Member Posts: 185
    edited January 2011

Hi All, I walk 2-3 days a week, in center city, usually 7 or 8 city blocks here in Philadelphia(long blocks) and I feel good, I can tell the difference when I don,t walk, also I lose weight very easily when I do my routine, can eat most anything I like cause I burn up the calories during my walks, but now that it,s snow and cold, I just walk around my neighborhood which is a few blocks but some is better than none, I will start again in the spring like I do every year.  God Bless, Happy,Healthy New Year to us ALL.  msphil 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2011

Welcome msphil.  You are right - as long as you keep moving you are taking care of your health.  I also do more walking outside and can't wait for the spring. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited January 2011

I miss walking outside too!!! Did 45 minutes on the treadmill and 15 of abs. DS goes back to school tomorrow; so he, DH and I went out for supper where we had a very nice time but I did NOT make healthy food choices. Oh well, tomorrow is another day! 'Night All! Ruth

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited January 2011

I have not been on in a few days and had tons to catch up on.

Ronna what a jerk that guy is.

I am really trying to keep up with my exercise but my rads is kicking my butt.  When I get home I have to take a least an hour nap before I can exercise. I have two weeks of tx left and can't wait to be finished.  I really hope I do not have long lingering fatique from rads.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2011

Sherry, I would come home from rads (45 min drive) and go right to bed for an hour.  Just remember to rest when your body tells you to.  Within a month from rads I didn't feel too bad at all, but I did not have chemo beforehand!

• fmakj
    edited January 2011

I finally figured out how to change my wii from weighing me in kilograms.  I had to become a US resident!  hahaha    But now I know that I have actually lost 4.4 lbs since getting my wii fit plus at Christmas!!!  WOW...... Just imagine what I could lose if I was able to get eating better consistently!!  Sealed

1 hour of Wii Fit plus this morning and 30 minutes on treadmill (12 minutes of this jogging)!  I was actually inspired to run a little longer after I saw that I had actually lost weight!  Cool

Hope everyone is enjoying their week ends so far.... we have sun... cold, but beautiful with the snow.

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783
    edited January 2011

Physical and mental cleansing and strengthening  is one of yoga,s most important achievements.My regular exercie programs are Yoga Asanas (Poses) of simple methods which enabled me to carry my life so easily  after BC strikes my life. I can,t  buy exercise equipment so yoga is the best for me. 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2011

Namaste Raj!  Yoga has helped me a lot.  Relax, breathe, feel the roof of my mouth soften like warm honey (amazing how tight our jaws can get) and feel the ground accept and support my weight.  The last part sounds goofy but having that level of elemental support is very powerful. Then the Asanas, my favorite is Warrior Two (not as hard as it looks!).  Then savasana & done.

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2011

Snehlata and badger - I did yoga years ago and loved it.  Now I'm an antsy pantser!!  - like Cheryl and Ruth.  I would love to get back into it after both of your postings but finding more time is hard :) 

Sherry - rest easy and do what you can. 

Welcome msphil - I am just north of you in Easton and my son goes to school in Philly.  All my surgeries and treatments at Penn.

Ruth and Retriever -  DS returns from AZ tomorrow and then back to school Monday.  I know Retirever's DS is already back east and Ruth, your guy returns this weekend.

Mary Louise - crazy about the kilos but glad you figured it out and CONGRATULATIONS on the 4.4!!!   Seeing those pounds on the actual scale is a real motivator.

Just home from SO's grandaughters(mine too) 3 yr old party.  Fun and laughter.  Lots of BAD food - mac and cheese, BBQ, buffalo chicken dip, ice cream cake.  I tried to stick to small tastes of everything but very hard.  And I got stern looks from others even though I didn't make a big deal about anything.  Did spin this AM with SO and loved seeing all my old spin buddies and the instructor.  Hope to be able to bike tomorrow morning.  Have a great night all Kiss

• patoo
    edited January 2011

Did 60 mins water aerobics today then had lunch with a group of friends.  Hostess had mainly healthy foods but they were so good I had a hard time with portion control!  Then the desserts started out good with fruit, but rapidly went bad from jello with fruit and cake, apply pie, cherry pie, cheesecake, and chocolate squares.  I passed on the apply pie and cheesecake but had some of the rest.   Trying to motivate myself to get on the treadmill for a few.  Matter of fact, I think I will.  Later.

• patoo
    edited January 2011

Okay, got up and wow!  Talk about stiff.  But went down and only managed 1 mile; 22 mins but at least I feel as if I worked off at least the slice of cherry pie.  Now off toget some advil and relax.  Night my Sculpted Sisters.

• badger
    edited January 2011

got to the track tonight and walked 3 miles / 45 minutes :-)

• Sherryc
    edited January 2011

Raj and Badger I love yoga.  Do it two nights a week and would do more if it was offered.  I just bought some tapes and might try to do more with that. After rads and a nap I look forward to going to yoga class.

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited January 2011

Good Sunday Morning Tarts!

Thinking about Ronna this morning and stress-I sure hope you are feeling better right now Ronna.  I think that getting upset is one of the toughest things about dealing with life and BC.  I know that for me, I have to really watch it, particularly when it comes to my oldest (estranged) son.  He pulled a really nasty ploy on me over the holidays-I got super upset about it, but then I realized it would not only hurt me to really go off on it, it hurts my husband, my younger son, etc. etc.  I just gave it up to God.  "Here-You deal with this because I can't."  And it made all the difference.  My thoughts are with you this morning Ronna.  

Thinking about all of us this morning, and hoping we hear from EBAnn too.  

Girls, I have just blacked out the weekend of June 24th on my calendar.  I'm going to give you that weekend as a goal.  Whaddya think?  

I'm going to try to share the pics from Tahoe through here if it lets me link them...

Yoga is on my "to do" list this year.  I had to laugh at your post Patoo, which is directly above me...jello, apple pie, cherry pie, cheesecake, choc. squares...it's like they are floating above my head going "try me" and I SAY NO!  Hee hee.  I can see those words but they have no meaning to my hungry brain...

and on that note gonna go have some breakfast and scoot off to church.

XO

Kim 

• badger
    edited January 2011

Hey all, I bought a car!  It's a 2005 Kia Spectra.  They are known for reliability and gas mileage.  Loved it upon test drive, it's fun to drive (peppy!) and seats are comfy (critical!).  It was gently used and I got it for a great price.  It's not a stick but has cruise control which you usually don't find on a manual tranny, so that's a plus.  Only downside is now I have that chia pet jingle in my head.  K-K-K-Kia  LOL!  Walked 2 miles / 40 minutes today.  Hope everyone had a good day!

• patoo
    edited January 2011

Badger, that's what I have, 2005 Kia Spectra 5 - bright red.  It is good on reliability and gas.  Only downside is rear-wheel drive.  I worked in a different place when I bought it but now work up in the mountains.  I still love my 'mini-truck' except when theres snow and ice on the road.  Enjoy it.

Trying to get up motivation so came here to make me get up.  Okay, 10 mins and I can watch House or AFV so I can do that while I walk on the treadmill.  Back later.

• badger
    edited January 2011

patoo, good to know thanks. Mine's the EX so it has front wheel drive and anti-lock brakes. 

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited January 2011

Congrats, badger!  I've driven a few Kias and was always impressed. Enjoy!!

Kim, it's on my calendar!!  You rock!

Did Leslie & weights yesterday.  Off my schedule a bit (I walked outside one day  instead of kicking, but I didn't want to miss the chance to walk outside)... but I'm feeling pretty good.  I decided it's not in me to suddenly get up one hour earlier to exercise before work (which is what it will take), so I'm setting my clock 10 minutes earlier every week until I reach my goal.

Mary Louise, you're doing great!  Raj, I've been doing yoga off and on since in my 20's, it's still my favorite but I'm no expert.  Everyone, keep up the good work... I'm settling in with a movie tonight.  Hugs, Tarts!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2011

I just opened my calendar and put 'TAHOE' down on the June 24th weekend. Cool

Busy couple days; got up & did 60 minutes of FIRM DVDs, then went on a shopping trip with DS for all the 'college essentials' (toothpaste, razors, pop, water & frozen pizza), helped him pack up & sent him off into the world. Then did school work and then to the girls & boys basketball games at the high school. In between games they had a cermony to name the new gym after a former long time (very winning) coach (well deserved; a real gentleman. I never saw him yell at kid; but he modeled the importance of hard work and team work). Many of his former players came back and afterwards they had a reception. Very fun and quite moving.

Today I was going to walk outside but it was MINUS twenty with the wind chill, so I did the 45 minute 'Hip Hop Cardio' instead. Since I had done it once before, I had at least a vague clue as to what the moves were suppose to be, and it was kind of fun. Also did 15 minutes on the treadmill.

I am just ill watching the news coming from Arizona......what evil in the world.

Hugs to All! Ruth

• patoo
    edited January 2011

Did 30 mins; 1.5 miles on treadmill.  Happy that I got something in.  You all still motivate me anytime I come here.  Thanks.

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited January 2011

I skipped church this morning, but not exercise :)  It's so icy here this winter that I hate going anyplace I have to navigate sidewalks and parking lots.  This afternoon, I went dog training, where I can park right by the entrance to the building.  I know, my priorities are skewed, but I figure God understands.

I've always enjoyed those supply runs like yours, Ruth.  I want to send my DS care packages and such, but he prefers the cash.  I give him guitar strings as a stocking stuffer, and he told me this year he was concerned airport security wouldn't let me take them on board.  Geesh!  I had to mail a package, so included them then.  Yes, I know you could garrotte someone with guitar strings, but I think we've gone a bit overboard.

Very sad about the shootings in AZ.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2011

Have had a crazy busy weekend but have been exercising, Friday night did Body Pump, yesterday morning body Combat then went to a Zumbathon put on by former Step instructor so Zumba'd for 1-1/2 hours then Body Step today. I have to say my legs were done in yesterday but I had fun then went to friends and did puzzles and played a new game called Bezzerwizzer but then spent hours watching CNN not believing what was going on I just can't believe there is such evil in he world, so sad for all the families.

Hannah is heading back to college tomorrow. I came home from work the other day and they had Facebook up on the tv through the x-box huhhh how'd they do that, then she was showing me this game they were playing they had headsets on talking and playing against other people somewhere in this vast land then when I got home last night I couldn't watch my tv cause I didn't know how to disable their game gosh I'm really feeling like an oldie Smile

• patoo
    edited January 2011

hbcheryl, that's funny but don't feel old because most of us are there - 'technically challenged'.  I still have trouble just with the DVD player.  Getting ready to upgrade my cable and know that I'm going to have trouble hooking up the box with the DVD and HD TV.  Why can't you just plug one into the other and be done.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2011

So glad I'm not alone, and I also have trouble playing a DVD, now what input do I have to put it on then afterwards how to get the tv back ughhhhhh.  I have to say I have mastered the DVR I love that I can record a whole series and I don't have to remember what night something is on and I love that with HD we get east coast feeds on some shows.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2011

As a friend my age said to me when I was marveling on how naturally technology comes to younger people and how challenging it is to us, "They are natives, we are immigrants."

I just posted the story of my whole gyno appointment in December on the 'Arimidex-Coping with the SE' thread. If you have problems with vaginal atrophy, getting paps, whatever...check it out. If those things aren't a problem, don't go there as it will be TMI. (Bottom line for me is that I got a normal pap and a way to deal with the scarring issues, all without surgical 'procedures').

• fmakj
    edited January 2011

(( Hugs )) to ALL!!

Today I did 1 1/2 hours of Wii fit plus!   I got lost doing the bicycle tour and ended up marching for 35 minutes!!   My daughter was hysterical because I couldn't find a flag and didn't want to give up!!  Calves are hurting tonight!!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2011

You Go Girl!!!

• Sherryc
    edited January 2011

Mary Louise--I love getting lost on the bicyle tour and ended up marking.  This Wiifit thing sounds fun, I may have to breakdwown and get one.

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2011

Just too sad about the killings and assasination attempts in AZ.  Just can't believe there is so much evil in the world.

DS arrived home late afternoon yesterday and have been just hanging with him.  He has to pull everything together to return to school either tonight or in the AM.  Snow is coming so I want him safely back at school and not on the road.

Rode yesterday on snow covered trail - makes the workout a little harder.  Heading out now before work.  Down another 1-2 pounds depending on when I weigh myself.  Ruth I will check out your post because I have questions.  Have a good day all.  Prayers all aroundKiss

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited January 2011

Hi all, To my friends, Bobby, Cheryl, Julie, MaryLouise, Patoo, Badger, Mum, Kim, Carol, Mary and other readers if I missed anyone.

thank you for listening. To date, Komen, the Mayor of my town, all town council people, and the newspapers have called me. Actual bd meeting is Wed night, snow is expected,  none of the above may attend  as it is for only dues paying members. Well, at least some of the public knows what nastiness there is in this world.

My heart goes out to the family of the Giffords and 9 people who were killed. What kind of world are we living in????

Patoo, what is the ETAL thread about.  Good for you that you are in full exercise mode.

Badger, love a Kia, want the SEOUL if that is a Kia. I have a PT Cruiser now.

Sherry, sorry to hear that rads are starting to effect you. Please take it easy.

Carol, my room mess travels around the house with me. Remember, the house police are not coming.

As to Arimidex, another story, I am a Femara Queen now, I have posted plenty on Arimidex site. All my s/e's have disappeared except joint problems in hands. PT helped quite a bit, someone recently gave me gloves with no fingers to keep hands warm. Made for bc people.

Bobby, good for you on weight loss. Keep it up.

Mary Louse, I want a WII also, However, in this house, we are a little electronically challenged. I am constantly trying to show DH how to record, and then on to DVR.

Cheryl, I want to do a Boot Camp class, but still hesitating. Now that I am back on my every other day Zumba kick, I am really starting to hurt. Went to another class on Sat, and will go tonight.

I hid from chubby DH sugar free cookies. Guess what, down the hatch with me. It was better than drinking with my current "drama".

Love to all

Hugs,

Keep exercising.