Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited January 2011

Raced home after school & did 45 minutes of toning & 15 on the treadmill before I went to my Book Club and undid everything by drinking  two glasses of wine, eating chips with an avocado/cheese dip, mixed nuts and a dessert called 'Chocolate Stuff'.........and so it goes! 'Night All! Ruth

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2011

Went to the gym for an hour and worked with my trainer..have only los one pound since I started in December but I have lost half inches in arms and legs and I have managed not to gain anything on my first 7 weeks of Tamoxifen so I figure that this is a win win situation! My energy is low (for me anyhow..I am generally the energizer bunny)...but I feel like my battery is worn down at the moment...normal right?

• ruthbru
    edited January 2011

Absolutely normal. I think it was about a year before I felt I had all my energy back.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited January 2011
    Came down with the flu on sunday but stayed home all week today I feel better but am off to have my chest checked out.Will get back to exercising next week.Tongue out
  • ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited January 2011

Good morning all,

Shoveled and sculpted this morning, 1 car and part of driveway, now to the 2nd car.

Have a great day all.

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2011

Elizabeth - enjoy your massage.  Sherry - congrats on finishing rads.  Julie - whoo hoo on exchange surgery!!  I remember all these milestones and agree with Ruth about the energy coming back.  I think my energy really started back this past summer when I started the bike riding and now the motivation to spruce up the house.  I used to do those things so routinely but just haven't had the energy or inclination since diagnosis until now.  Ruth - Book Club sounds delicious!!  Mum - hope you are feeling better.  Patoo and Ronna - more shovelling!!  I finally found a young man to shovel my mom out down the shore.  He will take care of her pathway and her car whenever it snows.  Just in time as she had another foot last night.   Badger - good job on the walking.  I know Patoo has a pedometer and she loves it.  Sandee, I have a good friend who is a personal trainer.  I just love a workout with her when I can fit it in.  Hello and hugs to everyone.

Biked the last three days in cold and snow.  Taking today off to pay the bills.  Then off to work and more painting tonight.  Watching John Stewarts report on the SOTU - very funny.  Have a great day allKiss

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2011

No power at home so I'm sneaking this in at work.  Seven inches of snow, wet and heavy, tons of trees down and a few hundred thousand without power. Our house is down to 56 degrees.  The chihuahua, Molly, is shivering!  DH is unemployed right now, so he's home and has Molly bundled up in blankets to keep her warm.  If it gets bad enough, I may have him bring Molly to work - I can keep her in my office to keep warm.    

Badger - my relatives in Manitowoc are all atwitter about Obama's visit.  Motorcades are a dime a dozen here in DC, but a Presidential motorcade in Manitowoc was something to see apparently! Mum - we've had several flu cases here at work, and a couple have even gone into pnenumonia, so take care. 

Gotta get back to work - stay warm everyone!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2011

Hello everyone I've been exercising daily going to my classes of an evening and walking dogs morning and night but unable to post as the internet went down in the place I am house/dog sitting, I know she said "make yourself at home" but I hate poking around and the router wasn't by the computer, finally found it last night in a closet!!!!!   I feel so bad for all of you back east, saw the snow on Today/GMA this morning, you really got blanketed but good so be careful if you go out in it.  Patoo be careful of your knees while you are shoveling.  Nats I'm glad you have the option to bring Molly in to work with you, I feel bad for all of the doggies who live outdoors, oh and my friend who got the puppy got a visit from Animal Control, apparently he cried when she went out for a couple of hours, I don't understand how a neighbor couldn't just knock on the door and tell her but instead call Animal Control - go figure, everyone on her street knows she got a new puppy.  Ruth your book club sounds the best.  Sherry congrats on finishing up the rads, your energy will come back just give it time.  Badger amazing that you are doing twice as much walking as you thought, that is terrific - walking and talking is the best.  Bobbi you sound like you have the spring cleaning bug in the winterSurprised.  Elizabeth lovely to hear from you, enjoy the gentle massage it may be different to what you're used to but I'm sure it will feel great and glad that you are enjoying the walking and yes we are lucky our weather is truly magnificent at the moment.  Carol - where the heck are you, even if you've got the winter blahs please check in, we miss you.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2011

Hi all.  Had about 14 inches of wet and heavy snow so shovel and sculpt this morning took 2 and a half hours.  Then tried to go in to dalayed office opening but side roads were bad so DS and I went for breakfast instead and I've been back home on the couch since.  I'm feeling stiff and achy from the workout so may go over to the gym for water aerobics in a bit.  That may give me good numbers to report on E-LAB tomorrow!

Nats, you gave me a laugh because the doggie can stay in the office to keep warm but you're sending DH back home to a cold house! 

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited January 2011

Enjoyed my massage. I am going to see him on the weeks I do not have chemo. It was nice having this week off from chemo. I have enjoyed my walks outside. It is nice to get my vitamin D. I have to take advantage of the weather being nice before it gets to hot outside again. We have had a warm winter this year. Usually it is a lot colder. Enjoy your weekend. I get to see my granddaughter Aubrey tomorrow. I am seeing my grandchildren in Prescott Saturday. So I am looking forward to that.  I just love being a grandmother.

ruthru: mmmm that chocolate stuff sounds great!

sandeeonherown: it took me some time to get my energy back. It amazed me how much chemo and raditation took out of me. Keep exercising and give yourself time to heal.

mumyan: sorry to hear that you have been sick. What did they say about your chest?

NatsFan: the weather sounds awlful and you sound rather stressed out. I hope you are able to exercise and get some of that out of you. Nice that you can take Molly with you. Thinking of you!

All you snow shoveler's bet you get a workout!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2011

Here is the recipe for 'Chocolate Stuff'; possibly the most sinful thing you will ever eat!

Beat 2 eggs with a cup of sugar & 1/2 cup flour. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.

In the microwave melt one stick of real butter and 2 heaping tablespoons of Hersey's cocoa (regular Hersey's in the dark brown box).

Dump the butter/cocoa mixture into the other things & stir it well. Add a running-over teaspoon of vanilla. Stir it in. If you want to add nuts, use a whole bunch of pecans, chopped up fine.

Pour the Stuff into aa greased loaf pan, set the loaf pan in a pan of water & put in a 300 degrees oven. Cook for 40 to 50 minutes. Tap it at 40 minutes. If the top seems crunchy take it out.

You can put some whipped cream over the top if you want to be really, really bad when serving it!!!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited January 2011

ruthbru, ebann...thanks for the encouragement and the info re. fatigue.. I am not good at going gentle on myself when it comes to my own expectations of what I can manage in a day but I am going to try..staying home tonight on the couch , half a glass of red wine and plan on putting on my ojs and watching Gray's Anatomy before bed! I

t is one thing to read about it and another to feel it. I was not fatigued during rads at all...emotional? yes...tired? no...Christmas I was fine but now I am pooped...skin is almost healed and things look fairly normal so emotionally I feel 'better' but bone weary...I refuse to not do the things I love to do though but I think I may need to get to bed a bit earlier than usual...Long work day today but going to African dance tomorrow evening rgardless of how the day goes!

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited January 2011

Hi, Everyone:

Thanks for the good and healing wishes regarding my exchange surgery. 

I think I will post my pix on TimTam's site!

Keep up the good exercise, and dodge that rotten weather, whereever it is!  I tried to call a company today on the East Coast, but their phone service was delayed.  Tomorrow.

Take care, Everyone.

Julie

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2011

Just flyin' by tonight!  60 minutes Wii plus, 30 minutes treadmill with crosswalk (can't seem to motivate myself to jog lately!) and 15 minutes floor excercises.  now..... shower time!!

Hope you East Coasters are able to shovel out easily!! 

Hello to Everyone and (( hugs ))

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited January 2011

Mary, we actually warm up our towels and blankets for the dog. When he comes in from outside after a walk, we pat him down with warm towels. What a life.

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier I finally finished Bathsheba's breast, I wonder why it is out of print?  Book is terrific.

Ruth, thank you for the recipe.

Good night all,

Hugs,

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2011

Hey ladies, flying by tonight too.  Walked at noon but skipping the track tonight to make German potato salad for a pot luck at work tomorrow.  The bacon is fried and the 'taters s/b done soon.  My house smells GREAT!  Now it's time to go boil some vinegar for the dressing.  {{hugs}} to all

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited January 2011

badger:  Boy, it's been quite some time since I've had that good ol' homecooked food!  I'll have to make some.

BTW, if anyone loves bacon, I recommend Neuske's bacon.  Here's the link:  http://www.nueskes.com

Julie

• patoo
    edited January 2011

So in addition to the 2-1/2 hours shovelling I actually did a 60 min water aerobics class tonight.  Now me, advil and a heting pad will be best of friends.  I'm fully expeting to be super sore tomorrow.  Hip is really uncomfortable now.  Even the advil not too effective. 

Watching a DVD with DS right now.  Falling asleep but don't want to disappoint him by telling him I want to go to bed.  Hopefully won't be on too much longer.   Night all.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2011

Night Patoo!

Badger - I visualized you actually skipping around the track tonight!  Surprised  What excercise that would have been!  hehehe

• badger
    edited January 2011

LOL!  That would be something to see!  How far did I get before I had to stop for air?  :-)

• ruthbru
    edited January 2011

Went to a wrestling match (don't like wrestling but one of my advisee kids was competing), then came home & did 30 minutes on the treadmill & 30 of pilates. Now I am eating yogart & blueberries to atone for my badness last night.

• packjen
    packjen Member Posts: 105
    edited January 2011

I did my weight training for about 30 minutes, eliptical for 25 minutes and rowing machine for 15 minutes.  Weighed myself and lost 2 pounds this week.  Now only about 38 to go til I can call myself a "hot mom".

Glad there is no snow here.  Bundle up ladies.

Jen

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2011

Did spin class this evening and now am sitting here "feeling my legs" and dang it I've still got to walk the dogs.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited January 2011

yesterday did 15 minutes stationary bike in am and then in the evening did my 2.5 mile walk.  Tried to run some but still not able to with rads fatigue, but just did what I was capable of.  Today is day off of exercise so will exercise tomorrow.

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2011
    Got back out on the bike today.  Modified ride because the trail was still snow covered but guess biking through the snow counts for less mileage and same calories.  Still stuck at 20 lbs and if I don't lose another, I will be happy for now.  SO at Sam's Club and I am just home and finished up work.  Painting the new window tonight and prepping the kitchen for painting starting tomorrow.  Everyone's doing a great job.  Jen - you are already a HOT mom!!  LOL - we all are!!  And hot grandmas!  Have a good night all Kiss
  • ruthbru
    edited January 2011

45 minutes cardio & 15 abs. DH & I are going to Applebees for dinner where I PROMISE to order off the 'healthy menu'.

• Sandeeonherown
    edited January 2011

Did 1.5 hours of African dance and a whole bunch of walking the hallways at school oday. Should have worn the pedomenter to figure out how many steps I take in the run of a day. Going for a healthy lunch and long walk with a galpal tomorrow and one planned for Sunday too!

• badger
    edited January 2011

Pot luck at work today so didn't walk at noon but stopped at the activity center to walk the track before coming home and settling in for the night.  ML - I just walked like normal, no skipping :-)

I feel good about what I chose from the array of delicious foods my co-workers brought.  While I did have some BBQ beef, I passed up the chips & dips, cheese & sausage tray, cheesy potato hot dish, and the cakes, brownies & bars.

3 miles ~ 1 hour for today.  {{hugs}} to all

• patoo
    edited January 2011

No exercise today.  Right now have heating pad on my thigh/knee after taking it off my shoulders.  Ouch.  I don't mind so much the shovelling because it is good exercise but my body might be talling me to get real!  So just took some advil also and came for a quick look and signing off to relax.

You all are doing sooooooooo great.  Nothing on my plate for tomorrow so should be able to get some movement in.

Night friends.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2011

If the snow keeps up I think you should hire an assistant shoveler!!!!