Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2011

Body Step class tonight was fabulous but very draining and I am absolutely exhausted so I think it's an early night for me, hope you are all safe and snuggled up indoors. World weather has gone crazy, there is a massive cyclone off NE Australia they say it's as big as Katrina has just been upgraded to a cat 5. Nite all.

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2011

We got treated to an arctic blast today, coming thru the canyon, and it's expected to be zero tonight.  Cold for here, but nothing like ND.  If it's a three dog night, I have more than enough dogs!

I biked 30 mins while dinner was in the oven.  I'm finding it's not too bad to exercise after work.

Thanks for the encouragement about my mom.  She went thru melanoma 30+ years ago, a spleenectomy, and two broken hips, so I figure she's entitled on passing on the biopsy at her age.  She only clued me in because she realized since I take care of her finances that I'd see the bills.

Stay warm all!

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited February 2011

Things weren't as bad as they could have been and power is on so I'm happy.  We're  bracing for round 3 of the storm system (some snow still on the way) but it shouldn't be too bad except for the wind.  I'm home for the day -- street has yet to be plowed -- I guess the icy granules are making things bad even for the plows -- like driving through sand, or so they say. I don't think my bug can make it out of the driveway, but I'm content to stay in.  Leslie and I will go for a long walk or if the wind isn't bad I may walk down to the golf course and walk there.  Only bad thing about the icy stuff is that it's no good for xcountry skiing.  Ratz.

Hope everyone gets off as easily as we did.  Take care!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited February 2011

'Only' minus twenty this morning. The good thing for us is that the cold air pushed the storm south and east of us (sorry about that rest of the country). Tomorrow it is suppose to be 30 above, a 50 degree temperature shift.....crazy! Have a good day all!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited February 2011

It is currently 23 and feels like 7. Way to cold for south Texas.  Will do my stationary bike this evening as it is indoors in my bedroom and I can stay warm.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2011

Ruth, you will be glad you were too far north (for once) for this storm.  We got at least sixteen inches of snow!  Plow hasn't been through yet so no one's going anywhere.  Between yesterday and today, I've put in 2 hours of shovel & sculpt... so far.  Tell ya what, my abs know why it's called that!  {{hugs}} to all

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited February 2011

Hi everyone,

I shoveled and sculpted excess ice in driveway. One thing about townhome-condo living is the perk (although we pay for it in maintenance) is our driveways and walkways get shoveled and cleared. So early this morning before they arrived, I did my shoveling of what I could. Took the dog very carefully for a small walk. It was raining but not too cold. It seems rather peaceful right now. Will be going out again after I sign off.

I also have a stationary bike which I use as a clothes hanger. I should get on that thing since no zumba tonight.

I also believe it is role reversal as we now have to take care of our parents (especially when you are my age and parents are in their 80's) I was the caregiver for my DH's mother before she went into a nursing home (she is now deceased). He could not handle it, it was easier for me because she was not my mother.

Please stay warm and safe,

Hugs,

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2011

Ronna, my townhouse fees are low so we are responsible for our own driveways, landings and steps and my driveway is 2 cars deep so it makes for lots of shovelling.  Before work this mornng I just started pushing some of the ice over to the side but did not do the whole driveway.  Figured with the temps going into the 40s it would all melt away anyhow.  Strange weather.  Supposed to go back and stay down in the 20s tomorrow.  May have more snow on the way this weekend!!!!

Have an appt this evening so no exercise tonight.  Will need to make up for it tomorrow in prep for Friday's E-LAB weigh-in. 

• NatureGrrl
    edited February 2011

I joined Ronna, badger, and patoo with more shovel and sculpt today, nearly an hour's worth. Badger, you must be worn out!  I had a man with a plow clear off the icy granules last night because I knew I wouldn't be able to move it all, but when I went out this afternoon about 2 I realized we'd gotten 4" more snow -- no biggie -- and the street plow left a Great Wall of ice at the bottom of the driveway.  Biggie.  Pure agony to move that:  chip, chip, chip, fill shovel, throw, repeat.

Everyone is getting warmer weather tomorrow?  We're getting sub-zero's with a high of 15, a noticeable drop.  Crazy is right.

Sherry, when I can't get warm I wrap up in layers of fleece -- or take a long, hot shower.  Sometimes that's the only way I can get my feet warm!

At least it's calming down here.  The county immediately north of me (where I lived in a farmhouse for 18 years) apparently got about the worst hit in the state; as of 3 today they (and several other counties) were under emergency-only travel restrictions and white-out conditions. Think flat (the eastern edge of what used to be tall-grass prairie) and wind and you get the picture. Days like this are about the only days I don't miss being out there!

TTFN, Tarts!  Big warm hugs to you all.

• Sherryc
    edited February 2011

naturegirl thanks I have discovered the only way to warm my feet is in a hot bath or I get a foot tub and fill it with hot water and soak my feet.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2011

ARGH!!!!! personal trainer got cancelled two days in a row because of Mother nature...think I will have to go outside and make snow angels and snow men to make up for it. Keep your fingers crossed that my flight goes out tomorrow night or I may have sore arms from flapping! more snow on the horizon.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2011

Still snowing here - luckily my DH will be out blowing it all away yet again tonight!!  I will go out to clear off the deck (just drives me nuts to have all that snow on the deck!)  So it will be shovel and sculpt again - voluntarily!! Surprised

All around snow day here (kids were off anyway as the new semester begins tomorrow!).  Did 30 minutes on treadmill with crosswalk and 30 minutes on the Wii Fit Plus!  Now I have to figure out what to make for supper tonight!! 

Till later Tarts!!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2011

fingers crossed Sandee!  My luck is good as we moved into a house with wonderful neighbors who own snowblowers and help us.  This morning, there were five-foot drifts at the bottom of the driveway.  I did the front walkway, then DH and I started on the driveway, then our wonderful neighbor finished his driveway and came to help with ours.  He also strategically removed a swath of snow from in front of our house, so when the snowplow FINALLY came through at 1:15 (and DH had gone to work), there wasn't much at the bottom of the driveway.  TG 'cuz I'm all in!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited February 2011

thanks Badger....just checked air candad and everything is cancelled for tonight. I have a contingency plan....fly out sunday and assess monday if necessary....meanwhile, my landlord has someone plow the driveway and shovel the steps and landing so I am just staying in tonight with a good book and my cat! Good about your neighbour and hubby!

• Sherryc
    edited February 2011

Sandeeonherown where are you going? I hope somewhere fun!!!!!!!!!!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited February 2011

Hi guys-

I've been so MIA, dealing with the estranged son and a big bunch of damage he caused; it has been sad to say the least.  I keep trying to think positive but somedays it's very difficult.  He will be 30 in two months and his life is just a big mess and keeps getting messier.  Some weeks I do OK, but I'm having to deal with some legal stuff...why do young people throw their lives away and we are working so hard to keep ours?

Big question for the day.

I'm thinking about all of you who are out there battling this weather.  Stay safe!  It's been a crazy past few days with Egpyt, the state after state storm, and the Biggest Loser "fraud".  (Ha, I just had to throw that in to keep things on the lighter side!)

I'll go back and re read your posts.  I miss ya!

Kim 

• NatureGrrl
    edited February 2011

Kim, you were missed, and I'm really sorry for the reason you were gone... big hug!!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited February 2011

SherryC - I am supposed to be going to Montreal for a 36 hour visit...well., work related but a meal with old roomies and a drikn with my nephew....might be postponsed but the job still has to get done so....I would rather postpone that wait at an airport for hours! EEEH!

Daznfused- so sorry you have the added stress of family and leagal woes...can't be easy....my ex/estranged partner is currently in a similar situation (not legal but financial)...heart breaking, frustrating, confusing and stressful on top of all this other stuff....so hard to let go, even harder to wait and hope they get their #$%#$^ together, hmm? All you can do it breathe, remind yourself that people do in the end make their own choices and that loving them does not always set them on the right path(at least that is what i tell myself and it des help to some extent) So sad....be kind to yourself throughout this...you need to take care of you, hm? (me too. I know...I am)

• Sherryc
    edited February 2011

daznfused-sorry to hear about the added stress with your son.  WE had that with out oldes when he was younger.  He has finally grown own of most of it but keeps his personal relationships a mess.

• pejkug3
    pejkug3 Member Posts: 277
    edited February 2011

First time checkin' in on this thread --

40 minutes treadmill.

Gotta get myself moving on losing this weight.

Did good on eating today, too!

• Sherryc
    edited February 2011

pejkug3 welcome this thread really keeps me on track with my exercise

• ruthbru
    edited February 2011

Welcome pejkug.

Kim, so sorry about the problems with your son. I hope you can be OK through all this & that eventually he will straighten himself out. You love them and want to bash their heads against the wall both at the same time.

I did 25 minutes on the treadmill & 35 minutes of Hard Core Fusion (FIRM DVD).

If you have a couple minutes, please think a good thought or say a prayer for one of my students who is being air-flighted to a children's hospital. He has several medical conditions which compromise his health anyway & is now fighting pneumonia combined with lung issues. Nicest, happiest, most appreciative little guy you would ever meet.

Hire shovelers if you are getting too worn out! Hugs to all! Ruth

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited February 2011

A fly by but not without reading all the posts.  Kim - sorry to hear about your step son. My SO has a son that doesn't speak to him, 3 yr old little girl, many partners :(, drop out from college, no job... on and on and guess who's fault it is?  Very hard to deal with.

Ruth - prayers to your student...I hate when the little ones have to suffer.

Welcome Pek.

Carol - so glad to have you back on the thread!!  Girl - I love your posts!!  I love all you ladies.  Painted again this AM and then a late opening at work.  IKEA run for new kitchen chairs - I love them and another couple shelves and a blind.  This place is getting makeover for sure.  I will be happy to not do any spring cleaning. 

I am hoping the trails are cleared tomorrow enough to ride.  The ice and snow these past two days - crazy!  But not near what you midwestern and northerns gals are getting.  RUTH  - 20-40 below!!!  WTF??? How do you get places!

Stay warm and safe all....Kiss

• ruthbru
    edited February 2011

We are very, very hardy and so are our vehicles!!

• fmakj
    edited February 2011

Kim, sorry about your step son issues. Hopefully things will turn around for him - this may be the kick in the pants he needs!

Ruth - saying a prayer for your student.

Welcome Pejkug - great place to stay active!!

Cheryl - I agree about the weird weather world-wide!!  Kinda makes you go Hmmmm!  Undecided

Nice to see you back Retreiver!

Patoo and anyone else suffering with snow - take a rest before the next dumping!!  We are also due some more probably Sun night/Monday.

Hope everyone else is staying in the swing of things!!  I for one finally feel like I am back to a routine!

Nite all!

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited February 2011

Seriously - good vehicles?  I think hardy souls - LOL! 

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited February 2011

Hi, Ladies:  I thought I'd check in and see how those back in the Midwest and East are dealing with the monster storm.  Looks like some of you made it out to exercise!

Ruth:  Prayers for your student.  Hope everything works out okay for him.

Ronna:  Thought I invented the concept of hanging clothes on exercise equipment!

Kim:  Sorry to hear about your estranged son.  Hope he can get his life back on track.  I also don't understand how people can value their lives so lightly.

badger:  Know who you'll be rooting for Sunday!  Go Packers! 

Mary Louise:  Glad you feel like you're finally back on track!

Hope everyone else is doing well.  I had my replacement surgery on 01/24; I'll be back out running in no time at all.  (I've been told to wait 2 weeks before doing anything too active.)  Went shopping today, does that count as exercise?

Best,

Julie

• fmakj
    edited February 2011

Julie - I call that a "retail workout".  You get to work out your body and your mind!!

• Sandeeonherown
    edited February 2011

Julie75 - you will be back in no time...I waited two weeks after surgery before returning to the gym and felt good once I got there. Be gentle with yourself but not too gentle!

School was cancelled today because all the elementary schools were cancelled and roads still nt good..my driveway has yet to be shovelled....the last two storms, I shovelled myself out and hten the shovellers came so this time I waited...and they have no arrived! ARGH! Today's exercize in case I am indeed flying out ...might even get to a pump class at lunch!

• NatureGrrl
    edited February 2011

Ruth, prayers for the little guy...

pejkug, welcome!  I think this is the best thread on the boards! :)

bobbie, thanks Embarassed  So are you having us all over for dinner when your kitchen is done?  It sounds like you're having fun!

Julie, retail workouts count!

Many of the schools are still closed but things are calm, the sun is out, it's a beautiful day, and although it's cold, I just have to get out, so I'm bundling up and going for a  long hike in the woods.  It's just too gorgeous to stay in.  I planned today as a vacation day some time ago and I'm making the most of it!

I love this time of year:  suddenly in early Feb. the quality of the sunlight changes -- gets warmer, both literally and in a way I can't quite describe, more golden and less white, perhaps... the birds start getting more active and begin singing spring songs... I know a lot of people are sick of winter and consider Feb. the worst month, but to me it's a month of stirrings and hope.  Blizzards and gloomy weather still possible, yes, and call me crazy Wink but I love it!

Stay warm, keep kickin', and have a great day, everyone!