Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2012

Crazy busy at work, so I'm not posting much.  I haven't even gotten a chance to check on the t-shirts, but I will.  I also PMd the Mods suggesting that since BCO is doing a new focus on fitness and exercise, they may want to come out with a special BCO exercise t-shirt.

30 minutes elliptical last night, plus yoga (with accompanying jog to the rec center) last night. I was a lazy bum and slept in this morning so I have to get out after work. 

My house could use some Clean n Cardio too - good idea!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited March 2012

Hi everyone, have not posted here in ages. Ruthbru, I see you now, and Patoo, nice pic. To all my other buddies Hello and missed everyone.

Long story short, I went back to gym went too far with Zumba, destroyed myself, landed up in a spine center. Also used the machines not looking at one with the weight severely increased and tried to lift. Anyway, this was all due to PS's suggestion to break up scar tissue in my implant which I hate. Girls on the other site know my story, even though I am now seeing my sisters from there over here as well. Waiting to hear from a doc for a shot in the back, not an epidural. Knees are also hurting. I just don't know when to stop. PS won't help me with my hated implant until all my other ailments disappear.

Gave up volunteering. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Will try and go to gym and sit on the recumbant bike.

Its a beautiful day here in Jersey.

Hugs,

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2012
    Dear Ronna, I am fairly new here, but I hope you recover quickly. I had hurt my upper arm doing zumba. Smile  I did lots of walking yesterday and lots of cheering at a baseball game last night. Does that count???? He,he!!!  Have a great day!!!
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited March 2012
    OMG Zumba is begining to sound dangerous.LaughingJust kidding
  • orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited March 2012

As I might've mentioned before, CustomInk.com is a great website to use to design a shirt. They have women's tech shirts in several different styles. If anyone wants art work aside from just text, I'm pretty good with drawing those stick figures like you see on the backs of minivans these days.

Zumba is dangerous, oh my! Healing hugs to you, Ronna (I'm sort of new here too).

My exercise today consisted of taking a full shower and blow drying my hair. Wink 

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2012

Lazy day, felt so good.  Caught up with US TV shows, and did some paperwork.

Tomorrow I will again get it in gear.  

G'night All!   

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited March 2012
    Me too stayed home in my Jammies until my friend came over and dragged me out for a walk.Sometimes you need a day to do nothing.Laughing
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2012

hi Ronna, good to hear from you but OMG what an ordeal!  Sure hope you find relief soon.

Mary, an internet site like the one Esther described might be the best way to go.  We could look at the design from our respective locations, then each person order and pay for her own shirt. Just a thought...

Got in a walk this afternoon before the rain.  Was thinking of zumba tonight but maybe not.

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2012

I am upping my and changing my exercise for the next 3-6 weeks to boost things, I hope.

I am bouncing (light inside jogging/skipping) - today, so far,did 45 minutes- AND inside-walking/marching -today did 30 minutes-  5-6 days a week as part of my Spring Cleaning Sprint!

I also do Callanetics 2 x a week but in half increments each time (the standing ones on one day and the floors ones on another and ta day off and then repeat.) (today was day off for this)

And the arm and PT/OT exercises 5 x a week. Doing the last three and then done here too.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,522
    edited March 2012

Hi Ronna, what a rotten time you've had!!! I hope everything can get sorted out ASAP!

Just a quick note as my company will be here any second. Zoomed home & did 45 toning with Denise Austin & 15 on the treadmill. I won't get in any exercise tomorrow because they will be here by the time I get home from work. I will only exercise the jaws: 'Eat and Gab'. Tongue out

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2012

Good to hear from you Ronna but my oh my you've really been through the mill hope everything is getting sorted out for you, we've missed you.

No exercise for me tonight I've felt tired all day and about an hour ago my throat started to hurt so I guess my body is fighting a cold so I'm going to gargle (Ruth I hear your voice) have dinner and go to bed hopefully will hit the gym tomorrow.

Edited - I need a new keyboard I hit all the keys but not everything prints arghhhhh

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2012

Moonlit dragon boating (rowing) on Lake Washington last night for an hour; a dog walk earlier in the day. Today was a walk around the campus with my fellow librarians.

• truebff
    edited March 2012

Nice NWArtLady.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2012

Hi all.  Thanks for the well wishes.  Still under the weather.  Something is up with my leg as the rash has turned into red blotches which are warm to the touch and tender.  Can't get in to the doctor until Friday afternoon so just bearing with it.  When I wake in the morning I can't even stand on it right away, then it gets better and I'm able to walk after a few minutes.  I'm guessing some kind of infection which is also draining my energy.  Been going to sleep early the last few nights so I am snoozing and sculpting.

Night.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2012

PATOO! I don' t want to scare you, but your rash sounds like cellulitis!!! I have had it twice!!! If it is not at all better by tomorrow, I would go to ER. I sure hope it is nothing and it heals quickly. Sending you prayers!!!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited March 2012

Patoo- I agree with Kindergarten. I would not wait till Friday afternoon. Let us know how it turns out.

• orangemat
    edited March 2012

Oh, did I miss pictures of Disney?? Patoo, take care of yourself. Hugs to everyone! 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,522
    edited March 2012

Patoo, I agree with the others, get in today & find out what's going on!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited March 2012

Patoo, I have been wondering if your allergy tests showed anything (maybe I missed that post) and now this...echo echo echo...GET INTO the doc!  

Ronna, I didn't see you mention this on facebook, I am so sorry!  I hope you stay posting on here; I was off for a while (well, I've been "off" for a long time, but that's another story) and once I got back on here, I have felt so much more upbeat about everything.

Esther great to see you here and as always, so impressed at your ability to recover and be positive.

I have mentioned my friend before that I have been encouraging to come here.  She just found out her initial pathology yesterday and is getting ready for a lumpectomy in two weeks.  It may be early for her to get on here, but I do think she will.  I'll keep you posted, but if she is lurking HI THERE! Come meet my friends!  They know how to kick @$$.

OK I'd better get off my @$$ and go walk the crazy dog.

XO

Kim 

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2012

Getting ready for the visiting athletes - cooking, cleaning, shopping - so today I'm calling it schlep and sculpt - don't have energy for much else.  

patoo  Another echo chiming in for you to see a doctor soon  ((hugs))   Ronna  Ouch!  Didn't realize that Zumba can be dangerous 

• truebff
    edited March 2012

Patoo, please go to ER if doctor is not available.

My husband had this in his elbow mysteriously a few years ago. If it is cellulitus, it can be life threatening. My husband had to have IV antibiotics, soak his elbow 3-6 times a day in hot salt water and this reoccurred several times over two months before he was all the way well, going into hospital 3 times for IV antibiotics and being on regular antibiotic pills in between. We had to keep a constant vigil. He is normally so strong. But this came on him like a "flu feeling" and then weakened him in hours.

I hope this is not what is going on with you, but please take care and be safe and do not wait.

Blessings.

• NWArtLady
    edited March 2012

Wow Patoo, I hope everything goes well!!

Did my dog walking this morning while doing Nordic Walking - I'm now nice-n-sweaty and fixin' to take a shower.

Have a lovely day everyone!

• orangemat
    edited March 2012

NWArtLady, I just noticed your tagline... that's exactly what was going on in my head during my marathon in January! "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." Smile Granted, I was running, but Dory's goofily positive disposition got me through it, all four hours and 42 minutes of it!

Trying to wean myself off the narcotics, only taking Tylenol now instead of Percocet. My stomach thanks me, even though the rest of me isn't so floatingly comfortable anymore... 

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited March 2012

Listen to the Voices, patoo!

4 miles running, walking and biking today. May not be posting for awhile because I have guests coming. As their tourist guide we'll do Sightsee and Sprint.

• pickle
    pickle Member Posts: 70
    edited March 2012

Wow...you gals are inspiring. I am off to Jasper for the weekend. My DH and I are calling it our Life Check weekend. Time to regroup and make a plan. We used to do this every year but have procrastinated on it for the last 3 years...story of my life since BC...procrastinating..lol

It will be a good thing to do again.

Have a great weekend and once again..thanks

Cheers and I'll check in Monday with my progress.

Beth

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2012

Patoo, hope you are feeling better! Hope you got to the doc!

Tonight was my third night in a row of 90 minute hot vinyasa yoga class. My back is really tweaked from adding too much weight in Les Mills Pump too soon. I am taking the week off from that rotation and will start again next week. It's a yoga only week for me.

DH and DS talked me into skiing Saturday......... haven't done it in years, a little nervous! May be posting from the ER ! :)

Have a wonderful evening my inspiring ladies!!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2012

hi all, walked a total of 2.35 miles today, at lunch and around the office. 

patoo, thinking of you and hoping you're doing all right.  How's your leg tonight? 

Esther & NWArtLady, that little saying got me through a lot, just keep swimming..

misswim, are you going downhill or cross-country skiing?  Either way, enjoy!

Headed for PM yoga and meditation.  'night ladies.  ((hugs))

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2012

Had alot of energy from yoga, so did 30 minutes Mari Windsor pilates. Time for bed!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2012

NWArt moonlight rowing sounds beautiful.  Thinking of you Patoo.  Misswim please be careful doing hot yoga with a bad back one of my close friends was doing a 30 day hot yoga challenge, she ksaid that her back hurt then bam she ended up in the ER not once but twice, the second time she had to be taken by ambulance as she was paralyzed, turns out after MRI she has disc problems but the hot yoga was making her pliable and she was going deeper and deeper and worsening it, so be careful.  Did a great RPM class tonight.

• NWArtLady
    edited March 2012
    I'm so glad to hear others are also channeling Dory! Laughing