Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• nehson123
    nehson123 Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2012

Hi Everyone, I am 3.5 months post BMX and had my implants 4 weeks ago.I went to the gym at our hospital(part of the post-op care package).Had a trainer,went through a couple of stations.Wow,using the bike for 2 minutes I was sweating bullets. I used my arms with dumb bells alitttle nervous but it didn't hurt. Feels so good to get back in shape....

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2012

Hi all.  Wishing good health to all those suffering, shingles, colds, phooey!

Weather wonderful so have just been out walking after work.  Yesterday 3.09 miles; today 3.77 miles.  Eating hasn't been too bad but could still be much better.

Ankle is no longer swollen.  Put the cream MD gave a script for on last night for the rash and, not sure if it was related but, had terrible pain in both legs kept waking me last night.  Sort of like cramps but in weird spots like just above the inner ankle on left leg and sort of near the calf muscle on right leg.  Scoured the paperwork from the pharmacy and nowhere did it mention any cramping as SE so don't know if that was the cause but afraid to put any on tonight.  The rash has gotten a little better and does not itch as much.  Have appt with dermatologist next week so may just try and wait it out until then.

Night my sculpted friends.

Oh, now  there's a little knot above my neck behind the left ear - Arrrrgggghhhhhhh always something.  Probably nothing.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2012

Oh welcome nehson123, you were posting as I was composing.  It does feel good to exercise.  Makes me happy.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,522
    edited March 2012

Welcome nehson...who is the darling dog in your picture?

patoo, yikes! Hope you can get all your body stuff figured out! I was not quite as stuffy today, but tired from sleeping so rotten...not only from the cold but from getting up all night due to the extra fluids I've been pushing. Blah! Did  30 minutes on treadmill & 30 of light abs.

I am nervous of the shingles vaccine because it is a live virus. Anyone have any insight on that?

• janicemarie3
    janicemarie3 Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2012

Hi Everyone

I have finally gotten out there and started exercising again.  It had been a rough winter.  At the end of November I was Hospitalized for five days with a compression fracture from a tumor on my spine.  I had cement injected into the broken vertebrea and am feeling so much better.  I was so worried about walking in the ice and snow that i really didn't do much.  Now the weather is so nice here that I went on a 6 mile hike a couple day ago and yesterday a 3 mile hike.  I went for a 3 mile walk today.  It is amazing how good you feel afterwards.  I really need to get back into shape. 

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited March 2012

Janice, welcome to this thread! That is amazing that you can do so much even after a compression fracture. The wonders of Zometa as well as your basic fitness level. I am trying to build bone myself through exercise and lift weights daily. I stopped Zometa two years ago due to side effects. So far my bones have held up. Am trying to get in good running shape to boost my overall fitness and immunity and do this on a treadmill. I'll try to get outside more when the tree pollen is gone.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2012

Yahoo - yet another beautiful day here.  My favorite furry walking companion is looking at me and wondering when we will go for a hike, so we are headed out in a few minutes.   I plan to get in 20 minutes of jumpboard and some pilates reformer this afternoon too.  

nehson123  It does feel good to start moving again, doesn't it?  Your dog is adorable! 

janicemarie3  I don't blame you for not wanting to walk on ice and snow!  It makes me very nervous.  Getting in cardio in the winter for me isn't easy, as I love to hike.   Glad that you're feeling good! 

heidihill    You must be an expert skier!   Um Su looks magnificent!   We hope to go skiing in February next year for school break.   

To those that are under the weather  (( hugs )) ~ hope that you feel better soon  ~

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2012

good morning everyone, and welcome nehson123 and janicemarie3.  I'm in the SW part of WI and can attest to the GORGEOUS weather we've been having here.  Got in a walk at lunchtime yesterday in my beloved "Poupon U" tee-shirt (from the National Mustard Museum) that I wore to chemo treatments. 

Heidi, beautiful pic of Um Su!  Do you live in Switzerland? 

Have a wonderful day, and Happy Spring!  ((hugs)) to all

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2012

My goodness - over 4 pages of catching up to do!  Sorry I've been MIA - we're down a tech at work so I'm doing his work plus mine.  I haven't had to crawl under desks to hook up computers in years - I'm too *&$# old for this - we gotta hire a new tech soon!

In any event, I took a stab at designing a Sculpted Sisterhood shirt using the website Orange talked about:  http://www.customink.com/signup/qvow81a   I am absolutely NOT a designer nor do I have a lick of design sense, so if someone else wants to take a stab at it, please feel free to go for it - I will absolutely not have my feelings hurt.  I wasn't sure about doing it in pink - I know some people love it, some are OK with it, and some hate the whole pink thing - but it did seem appropriate.  

I've actually been keeping up pretty well with exercise and my training schedule for the 10K next month.

I'll catch up when I get a chance, but wanted to at least get started with the shirt ideas.   

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2012

Hi to all...read some back and I wish you all recoveries from whatever is ailing you.

I started exercising the other day. I am doing walking DVD's by Linda Sansone. I walked a mile each day so far. I am hoping this helps me get back into shape and helps me lose weight. I have never been this heavy in my life.....glad to join you all.

hugs

• janicemarie3
    janicemarie3 Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2012

Hi everyone-

I just got back from a 4 mile hike around the lake by our house.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2012

Went to the gym this morning and a bike ride this afternoon. I hope everyone is recovering and healing from cold, infections, shingles, etc. Good thoughts are coming your way!!!!

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2012
    One more thing, love reading all your exercise posts, motivates me to do more!!!!! Thanks!!!!Cool
  • orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited March 2012

Hi candie, another NJ person! Welcome also to nehson and janicemarie. This is a great thread. We even have our own t-shirt!

And speaking of which... NatsFan, the design looks fabulous! Pink is fine with me, especially since there's no insidious ribbon on it... though since this is an exercise group, wouldn't a tech shirt rather 100% cotton be more appropriate? Just a thought; I'm happy to go with whatever the majority will rule.

Walked trails at the reservation again today, 4.2 miles.Then I had my first PT session for this recovery go-round. Wow, two weeks of no movement really takes a toll! I gently stretched and massaged, did the overhead pulleys and finger ladder, then iced down and now I'm pooped! Good thing I still have that stack of library books waiting for me.

Hope everyone is feeling good and happy doing what they're all doing! 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2012

Orange - good thought on the t-shirt fabric.  You're the experienced runner - what do you recommend from their options, since you've worked with this company before? 

Sounds like they're beating you up at PT, but of course that's their job. Tongue out

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2012

I love the t-shirt Mary!!! I signed up.

Off for another walk- enjoying this beautiful weather!

• orangemat
    edited March 2012

CustomInk offers four-short sleeve women's tech shirts:
    Champion V-Neck
    Badger B-Dry
    Alo
    Sportek Mesh V-Neck

We ended up going with the Champion for two specific reasons. One, because a V-neck tends to be more comfortable for running than a round neck. And two, a raglan sleeve offer more freedom of movement for the shoulders than a standard shoulder. So we chose function over form, since we're going to be wearing these shirts for running 2+ hours in our race. I did order a sample of the shirt (only $12) to verify the sizing, and everyone who was unsure of their sizing agreed that it was very feminine and flattering. AND they did size down. :) Oh, I have some photos, just remembered:

I'm wearing the size S. I wore it to run recently when it was in the low 70s and rather humid, and it felt great!

• misswim
    edited March 2012

Looking good Esther!

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2012

Today is my -much earned- mid-week day off.

• orangemat
    edited March 2012

Thanks, misswim! :)

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012
    The T-shirts look great! I have to go out and walk & then will be back to order one. Cool
  • truebff
    edited March 2012

ruth, you are so cute and perky! I wish I had an ounce of your energy and enthusiasm.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,847
    edited March 2012

truebff: I've had the pleasure of meeting Ruth and she is cute and perky!

Pushed mowed the front yard and trimmed the back yard for an hour tonight. The first of many more mowing sessions! 

• misswim
    edited March 2012

3 mile very brisk hill walk tonight.

Hot yoga tomorrow!

Night girls!

• badger
    edited March 2012

hi all and welcome candie1971.  Walked 4.2 miles today, during lunch and after work.

LOVE the t-shirt design!  Will order one for sure.  Thanks, Mary!

I've met Ruth, too, and agree with Wonderland.  Kiss  Good night, my sculpted sisters.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

Well, thank you all very much! I am getting a rather inflated view of myself .....although I am not very perky at the moment....the cold has migrated down to my throat (the upside to that being that it does give me a low, raspy, 'sexy' voice).

I ordered my tee shirt and am so excited! Thank you, Mary. Do we eventually pay you, or how does that work? 

Welcome to Janice and Candie; this is a great, fun thread.

Badger, where is the National Mustard Museum???? I never even knew such a place existed.

It was a beautiful evening here. Walked for an hour, made a pretty healthy supper, but then was 'forced' by DH to accompany him to the Dairy Queen .I ordered a mini-blizzard, so I could have been MUCH worse.

'Night ladies!

• truebff
    edited March 2012

Wonderland, I LOVE push mowing. It feels so right!

Ruth, you are eternally cute. Dairy Queen! You make me smile!

Okay, somebody fill me in on the national mustard museum, please!

• ppeople
    ppeople Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2012

Hello all you exercising ladies!  I've been active on the April Mx waiting thread, and decided this was more fun than obsessing about pending surgery.

I did 400 cal on the eliptical today.

• badger
    edited March 2012

LOL the nat'l mustard museum is here in Wisconsin, on the outskirts of Madison.

http://mustardmuseum.com/  and also  http://mustardmuseum.com/poupon-u/

welcome plymouthpeople, this is a fun bunch of people and very motivating.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

Hi plymouth, this is definitely more fun and more productive too. If you go into surgery in good shape you will bounce back a lot quicker afterwards.....plus thinking about it more than you have to before hand will only drive you nuts!

badger, I checked out the mustard museum. Laughing I'm pasting this intro from their site for everyone to enjoy:

A mustard museum? ABSOLUTELY! According to Barry Levenson, founder & curator of the National Mustard Museum, you can blame it all on the Boston Red Sox. In the wee hours of October 28, 1986, after his favorite baseball team had just lost the World Series, Barry was wandering an all-night supermarket looking for the meaning of life. As he passed the mustards, he heard a voice: If you collect us, they will come. He did and they have. In 1992, Barry left his job as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Wisconsin to open this most improbable museum, now one of Wisconsin's most popular attractions.