Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2012

hi ladies and HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow Cheryl.  Walked 3.75 miles today.  TTFN

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,522
    edited March 2012
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHERYL! Kiss
  • misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2012

Happy birthday Cheryl!!!

40 minutes Les Mills Pump, but totally negated my efforts at a family pasta dinner. Had lots of cheese and bread, things I rarely eat, but DARN IT it was delicious!

Yoga bright and early! Walking with a friend in the afternoon.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited March 2012

Happy Birthday Cheryl!! 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2012

Hope your day is great today, Cheryl! 

Mary, maybe you can re-post the t-shirt link again so anyone wanting to check it out can do so without having to go back a few pages to find it??  Just a thought! 

Off to a College open house today!  So very sad that this particular College made the news last week by a St. Patrick's Day riot breaking out where some of the private student housing is!  Luckily, my daughter will actually be living in the on-site residence!!  So very scary how something like this can happen so close to home!!! So many kids (ages from 15 - 21 ish) who now have a black mark on their future!!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited March 2012

Misswim- congrats on your headstand; that is most impressive!

fmakj- I am also a 16/18 and I ordered the largest size because the XL said dress size 10 and there are only 2 sizes larger than that. If it does not fit then it will be great motivation to work towards getting it to fit! I guess I will go back and measure one of my t-shirts just to see how it compares.

Happy Birthday, Cheryl!

I went for my annual physical yesterday and had an "emotional breakdown". The frozen shoulder and joint pain is making it impossible for me to sleep. I have not slept through the night since last June.I feel like I am  90 years old and always exhausted. A mile with Lesley Sansone feels like a marathon to me. My dr put me on a non-narcotic pain med to try and see if that will help me get some sleep and she is ordering a sleep study just to see what is going on. Anyone ever done one of those? If that does not help then she wants me to talk to MO about the SE of Femara to see if there is something better to take. I am relieved that she "heard" me although I hate taking one drug to combat the side effects of another. I guess the important thing right now is to get some sleep!

That being said; Lesley and I did a mile together yesterday. You ladies keep me inspired! Thanks for being here.

• nehson123
    nehson123 Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2012

Hi, My dogs father was Champion Wigglesworth Becoz Becoz. His dad was a very big show dog in Ohio. I think that is why my fluffy boy has quite an attitude. Hope you have a great day.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited March 2012

Went to gym this morning and only did eliptical. Zumba was going to start in 10 minutes from when I was done. I knew I could not push it, so I did 25 minutes on eliptical and left. Feel great. Also mentally feel great knowing I was not looking for any more trouble. It's about time.

Hugs

• badger
    edited March 2012

Did an hour of yoga & meditation this morning, then did the do-by-noon errands (bank, post office, pharmacy).  Noted increased tolerance for idiot drivers, good thing, there were several.

My new mantra:  Find your calm.  Move forward from this place.

It's overcast with rain forecast but a nice mellow 60 degrees, perfect for an afternoon walk.  Maybe I'll take a canvas bag and swing by the food co-op for groceries.  Going to make curried califlower & carrots for supper tomorrow.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/curried-cauliflower-and-carrots-recipe/index.html

Have a great weekend ladies!  ((hugs)) to all

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2012

Hi I did Linda Sansone's 1 mile again today. I am also watching what I eat each day.

Happy Birthday Cheryl!

hugs

• ginger48
    edited March 2012

A friend called and asked me to go for a walk so I skipped my "do by noon" errands and joined her. Getting some sleep last night made such a difference.  We ended up walking 4 miles.

Badger- I think I am going to adopt your mantra...

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2012

Cheryl  Hope your birthday is great! 

ronqt1  I was the one that mentioned the book, Sarah's Key.  Is the movie worth seeing?    

Ginger48   Is PT an option for you right now?  Sending hugs to you - hope that you find some sleep really soon.

badger   Just might try that curried veg recipe, sounds delicious.  I love Food Network!    

Huffed and puffed up stairs and a long challenging hill to the food market with DH for dinner supplies.  I seem to be moving a lot slower today - maybe it's allergies.  

• ginger48
    edited March 2012

Joyh1109- yes I am doing PT with my LE therapy.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2012

Ginger - I did measure one of my shirts and the width IS off by a little over an inch!!  Guess I will have something concrete to KEEP me motivated!!  Either that, or only wear it while excercising at home (if I can breathe!)  Hahahahaha!

Mary - when I went back to check the sizing, I noticed that there are 2 different dates mentioned for the orders to be in.  April 1st and 8th.  I KNOW that the cut off date is April 1st, but thought you may want to look at the page to correct any confusion!

Back from the College Open House - Wow!! Wish I was going to college!!  Must now really look into the finances of it all!!  Am sure that she will have a blast, AND learned today that the course she has accepted is VERY competitive!!  Only 78 students were offered a place in the program out of the 1200 that applied for it!!  So very proud of DD#2 today!

Well, must get the house a little tidier now, as we are expecting company tonight.  We will most likely be playing the Wii Resort games!  That will be the full extent of my excercise for the day!  Innocent

• misswim
    edited March 2012

Yoga this morning, then a great massage, and just got back from a 4 mile walk with lots of hills. Great day!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited March 2012

Happy Birthday Cheryl!  

Ruth--would love to know how many calories that burns off. I would bet that chasing them out and around the school for the evening--I would guess that it would have to be at least 250 calories! :)

• badger
    edited March 2012

Ended up driving to the market due to length of grocery list but got outside after that.

Walked 3.6 miles in about an hour. Going out with friends tonight so I'd better get a nap!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited March 2012

Happy Belated Birthday Cheryl!  I'll bet this weekend has been a piece of cake for you...bwhahahahahahah!  I hope you are having the best birthday weekend EVER!

Kim 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2012

Some shop and sculpt then went out for a walk.  So far only 2.4 miles but will have some dinner then do 2 miles with Leslie.

I ordered the L shirt - motivation to make sure I fit into it.  Did purchase slacks today, 14, down from 16 - I'm a happy camper.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

Yeah patoo! Nothing like buying a smaller size to put some spring in your step(s)!! Smile

Mary Louise, congratulations to you on DD#2 and her college award!

Ginger, ask for a prescription sleeping pill!!!! That is what I did when I could not sleep one wink, and I am sure it saved my mental health .....(perhaps that is debatable???? But being able to sleep sure helped me deal with all the rest of it anyway).

Corinne, the activity night was a blast and I'm sure I burned more than 250 calories, because when I stepped on the scale this morning I was down a pound! In my excitement over the scale, I walked on the treadmill for an hour when I got up this morning & did 45 minute Denise Austin toning DVD tonight. Geez, all I have to do is find 300 middle school kids to chaperone every night for a couple weeks and wouldn't I look good?!!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2012

ruthbru, you look good anyway.

• janicemarie3
    janicemarie3 Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2012

Just got back from another 4 mile walk. 

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2012
    Skipped dragon boating this morning... just couldn't make myself get up at 6am today. I'll go on Tuesday evening! Just so tired lately; my infusion went well yesterday and my dog had a lump removed yesterday as well (we've both had lumpectomies! Wink), so she and I are cuddling a lot.  But I'll be out and about soon!!
  • ginger48
    edited March 2012

ruth- since my not sleeping is due to pain( frozen shoulder and painful joints from Femara/LE) and not an overactive mind she prescribed a pain med instead of a sleeping med. It worked pretty well last night so I am hoping tonight will be good too! Saw The Hunger Games movie tonight and am heading to bed now.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

Sleep tight!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2012

Ginger  How did you like Hunger Games?   DH and I may go to see it next weekend.  Glad that you had a restful night last night.  

Mary Louise  Congrats on your daughter's college admission.   

A busy day of shopping is planned - a warehouse-type store for food, and Ikea for housewares. We'll see how much energy is left this afternoon.   

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited March 2012

Cheryl, Happy birthday!!!

Joy:

I read Sarah's Key recuperating from Mast. Loved it. I had heard that the movie was a little different from book.  I was disappointed with the movie but wanted to see it anyway. In my opinion, book is better.

Last night we watched the Girl With the Dragon Tatoo, never read the book, (I am probably the only one), we had to watch it 2 x to really understand it. I was going to read the book, however, changed my mind.

Contemplating going to gym or putting a tape in, crummy outside, damp. Ugh!

Candie: We went to Cloverleaf last night.

Hugs,

• misswim
    edited March 2012

90 minutes of hot yoga. TOUGH class. Double the abs and core work. I had planned on a walk later today but right now I am so sore I can't imagine hitting the hills...... tomorrow, perhaps!

• badger
    edited March 2012

hi ladies, I did an hour of AM yoga & meditation this morning.  Also walked 90 minutes this afternoon (5.65 miles).  Just gorgeous today but cooler, more seasonal weather is coming. 

Now I think I'll start a load of laundry then work on a nap.  Happy Sunday!  ((hugs)) to all

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

I'm going to an ice show in 5 minutes. Does watching peopl skate count as exercise?