Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2012

Welcome plymouthpeople.

I double-ditto that I too have met ruthbru and she is cute and perky.

Love the shirt NatsFan and have signed up for one.  I don't have a problem with pink.

Took today off but back to exercising tomorrow.

Night my sculpted friends.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited March 2012

I just love this thread. Always something fun going on.

Candie- I am also doing the Lesley sansone 1 mile. Hoping to build it up with time and cooperation from my joints.

Who/how do we pay for the shirt?

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2012

Nordic dog walking today! Got in about 45 minutes.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited March 2012

Thanks for organizing this, orangemat. Joy, I live in Switzerland and if you're skiing here, pm me!

Got to the gym rather late. Tons of people there. Had to be quick about grabbing a free treadmill.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited March 2012

Oh, I'm not the one organizing the t-shirt, that's NatsFan

Ruth, hope you're feeling better soon. 

Mustard museum? Sounds as exciting as seeing the world's largest ball of string... Wink 

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2012

Hiking to the recyle bin with the dog in a few minutes - will tackle a series of cobblestone steps that gets my heart rate pumping.  Even the dog tries to stop for a rest!  Tongue out   There is a family of hedgehogs that live along the steps, and some days we are lucky to see one.  

I'm in on the shirt, too - it looks great!  Thanks for organizing, NatsFan.   

heidihill  I'm not sure if we're ready for something like Um Su, but if we get to Switzerland in February I will let you know!   

ruth  Hope you get your "perky" back soon 

welcome plymouthpeople and candie1971

• janicemarie3
    janicemarie3 Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2012

What do you have to do to get a t-shirt?  I would be interested. 

• ppeople
    ppeople Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2012

THank you for the welcome ladies!  You are a fun group, I've been reading your posts and they give me a lift.

Just walked 3 miles of hill intervals with a friend.  Beautiful (if way too early) spring day!  Have a wonderful day everyone!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2012

OK - about the shirts:  Per Orange's excellent suggestion, I've revised the shirt so it can be made in the performance fabric - much cooler for us AI and tamox hot flash gals during summer!  Here's the link to the new shirt:  http://www.customink.com/signup/r1qgnso

Unfortunately the darker pink is not available in the performance shirt, so I went with the lighter pink, but with darker pink lettering.   Let me know what you think.  If you like this one, sign up for it by April 1.  At that point I'll let everyone know the cost.  Right now depending on how many we order, they'll be about $25 each.  

The company sent me emails from those who signed up for the cotton shirt, but we're not doing that one due to the fabric change.  Therefore, sign up again if you want the new performance fabric shirt.  

Once we have all the orders, I think the best thing to do would be for those who are interested to send me a check, along with a stamped mailing envelope for the shirts.  Once I get the checks, I can order the shirts, and just pop them in the envelopes when I get them.  How's that sound?

Oh, yes, this is an exercise thread:  30 minute walk last night, plus 30 minutes weights/resistance this morning, plus 15 Lebeds.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited March 2012

Hi Candie, it's me, Ronna. Glad you joined this thread. I have been lazy lately, but glad to know you are here. We have to get together soon. Orangemat is a local as well, perhaps we can all get together soon as well.

Going for an epidural today, hopefully that will get me up and going again.

Voices got to me, this epidural better help.

Love and hugs,

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2012
    Hi, everyone!!!! workout at the gym yesterday and a long walk, going to do the bike ride today, hopefully!!!! enjoy your daySmile
  • dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited March 2012

I'm crabby and depressed due to not being able to walk decently (let alone jog) still can't bend knee and Tylenol not helping much. It has been 5 days so far and no improvement. May have to see the orthopedic guy----sigh---

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited March 2012

Off to take a look at the revised shirts and put my order in today!  Also, did a 30 min run this morning early (5:30).  I haven't done this in a few weeks....and kicking myself bc I really enjoy this.

• orangemat
    edited March 2012

Oh no, dogsandjogs! What happened to your leg? If there's inflammation, then maybe Advil would've been better to take rather than Tylenol. But yes, definitely, go see a doctor!

Hi Corinne! :) 

While I liked the darker color of the cotton shirt better, I'm really happy with the material of the tech shirt, very silky and light and cool. Too bad the color choices aren't any better... but the design still rocks! Great job, NatsFan

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2012

Hi Ronna...so glad to see you here.....

Thank to all for the welcome. Orange, perhaps we can meet for lunch or dinner or something. Ronna and I have met before.

I continue to do the 1 mile walk in the morning. I am going to increase on Monday. I am taking it a a slow start as I have not exercised in years.

Have a great day!

• orangemat
    edited March 2012

Candie, where do you live? Patoo is in NJ as well...

• janicemarie3
    janicemarie3 Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2012

Just got back from another 6 mile hike around the lake.  I just wish I had the strength to say away from the chips.  LOL

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2012

Nordic dog walking today! Got in about 30 minutes.

Hopefully I can stay away from the sweets today... but tomorrow is an infusion day and that means I get to have a blueberry scone from Starbucks!!

6 miles!?! That's great janicemarie3!!  Those chips aren't worth it - run away!!  Wink

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited March 2012

Just a note to my voices in exercises friends. It will be a long time before I get back to Zumba. Had the epidural, not bad at all, dr. was terrific, done in the office, hope this is what I needed to get back to exercising. Back to basic, walking and he said tomorrow eliptical. Must rest tonight.

Candie: everytime I am on Bloomfield Ave, I think of you!! Even at the Caldwell Fair in Oct, I kept looking for you.

However, got your email, keep in touch, as I said I am back to basics, WALKING.

Hugs,

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited March 2012

Hi guys-just checking in, still fighting off these stupid shingles.  Who would have thought some stupid little things would throw a wrench in the works!

I just ordered my tshirt Mary-thanks for doing this!

I wanted to tell you that our friend Teresa (vballmom) had her lumpectomy today and everything went well!  Don't know the details, but I know it's always good just to get through a surgery!

I'll check in again, just wanted to say hello.

Kim 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,847
    edited March 2012

Dazdnfused: so glad that Teresa's surgery went well!

ArtLady: the blueberry scone sounds delicious. Enjoy every bite of it. And good luck tomorrow!

I pushed mowed the back yard for 1 hour tonight. Much of it in the dark! The riding mowing kept quitting on my dh so I helped finish it with our somewhat trusty push mower.

Night all! 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2012

hi ladies, went to a noontime lecture by a Master Gardener on perennials for sun & shade.

Very interesting but, between that and rain this afternoon, only logged 2.7 miles for the day.

NWArtLady, good luck with infusion tomorrow.  That scone sounds yummy!  I avoided fave foods on chemo days 'cuz I didn't want to associate the two.  The only time I've eaten at McDonald's in the past few years was to get a quarter-pounder with cheese on my way home from chemo.  Haven't wanted one since.  That's a good thing though..

Feel better Kim, Ruth, patoo, dogsandjogs, Ronna, Teresa - anyone else on injured reserve?  ((hugs)) to all

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2012

Signed up for the shirt - thanks again NatsFan.

NJ buddies, count me in if you get together on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon/evening.

Did 2 miles with Leslie Sansone after work, before choir practice tonight.  Love to pull her out when I don't have much time.

janicemarie3, I've also been having a problem with the chips. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,522
    edited March 2012

3 minutes on the treadmill & 25 of toning with the FIRM.

Good luck tomorrow, NWArt. I ate whatever I could stand during chemo (which was mostly 'comfort food') and (unfortunately) I still like it all just as much as ever!

Glad Teresa is done with her surgery and that is went well. "Hi" from us.

I am going over to order a tee shirt now. Thanks, Mary!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012
    Hey, we are over 10,000 posts! Cool
  • misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2012

90 minutes hot yoga tonight. BIG yoga night. Did a headstand unassisted (no wall behind me in case I started to topple) and held it straight as an arrow for a minute and a half. I was so very excited!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2012

10,000 posts woo hoo!  and nearly 105,000 views - wow!  Cool

attawoman misswim, that is not an easy thing to do!

Good night O sculpted ones.  Smile

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

You must be a very balanced person, misswim Smile!

Ordered the shirt....went back & forth between sizes for about 15 minutes, finally deciding that a little too big would be better than a little to snug.

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited March 2012

Not enough today. 10 minutes on the stationary bike. Also the arm exercises for post breast surgery.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2012

Dune sleeper, there is no such thing as not enough! You just keep moving, and good for you! Thanks, ladies, I have been headstanding for a long time, but never away from the wall. My teacher said, "Just try- you can do it." There I was in the middle of the room on my map and I didn't topple over and take anyone out! So that is a plus.

Today is technically my day off , have double duty yoga/walking on plan for the whole weekend!

Have a great, great day!