Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited March 2012

Never got out to walk this morning, but did go to the restorative yoga class. Wow, for just lying around on the mat with blankets and blocks, I really worked up an appetite! Wink Actually, there were a couple poses I had to modify, and I was somewhat surprised how all the gentle resting positions were rather intense for me. Too bad the class is only once a month... but in a month I won't have so many restrictions anymore, so I'll be able to get back to at least the gentle and basic level classes.

So today's lesson? Resting is good exercise too! Hugs to all! 

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2012

Yes Ruth watching skating I hear is one of the best forms of exercise LOL . I walked 6 miles today...so nice out.  The bottoms of my feet really hurt....darn arimidex!!!!  

Enjoy the sun

Balsie 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2012

Went ot gym after church this morning.  Did 20 mins walk/run on treadmill then 10 mins on stat bike.  Then 30 mins on machines for upper body work and on mat for floor stretching. 

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited March 2012

Joyh-I loved The Hunger Games. I read all three books. The movie was pretty true to the book.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,522
    edited March 2012

Ice Show was good & then spent a couple hours with a friend who is having some major life changes going on. Tonight I did 35 minutes on the treadmill & 35 of various toning exercises (minimum time needed to meet my weekly 'quota').

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2012

Great work patoo and ruthbru!!

I did extensive yard work today and got in my weight resistance workout today! Felt so good to be out there; this was the first time since my diagnosis last summer that I got to play in the yard and it was a gorgeous spring day. We are surrounded by trees including a Sequoia and there was a lot of fallen needles, nuts and branches to clean up!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

NWArt, enjoy the great outdoors & make sure you are wearing gardening gloves when you do yard work! (LE prevention)

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2012

ronqt1  I can see why you wouldn't want to read Girl with the Dragon Tatoo after seeing the movie. I'm half-way through Larsson's second book and it's as tough as the first one.    

Ginger  Glad you liked the movie, we will plan on seeing it this weekend.  Haven't read any of the books though.   

Esther   Your yoga session - ahhhhh.  Sounds heavenly.   

Did a pilates reformer class yesterday, and today feeling creaky and sore.  Will get out and hike with the dog in a few minutes.  It's a lovely day but the pollen is getting to me  Tongue out  

Hugs ~ 

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited March 2012

Got to the gym this morning at 7:50, did eplipital 20 minutes and treadmill 10 minutes. The a little ab reduction. In and out in 45 minutes. Trying to go through tons of papers while I have the strength.

Hugs.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2012

Good idea to repost the link to sign up for the Sculped Sisterhood shirt:  http://www.customink.com/signup/r1qgnso  Deadline is April 1.  Once I know how many people we have, I'll get the exact price and let the signer-uppers know. I also fixed the deadline discrepancy on the sign up sheet - my bad.  

Mary Louise brought up a good point for the non-US gals since you can't get US postage in your country - if you're not in the US, let me know where you are in the comments section when you sign up and I'll figure out the international postage on my end and let you know - you can just add in the extra to your check.  

Damp cool weekend at the cabin, but got a great start on clearing out underbrush and building stone edges around the garden areas.  We're on a mountain top and have tons of exposed rocks in the woods, so it's just a question of going in the woods and carrying the rocks out - a great upper body workout.  It was fun to watch all the birds getting amorous - all kinds of birds were pairing off - we saw mating behavior from two phoebes, two downeys, two nuthatches, and even two pileated woodpeckers!  And the goldfinches are starting to get their summer gold color - we saw one that was well over 50% gold.  Of course there's a frost warning tonight so it's not quite spring yet . . . 

30 minutes elliptical this morning.  

• orangemat
    edited March 2012

Windy here today! Ran 5.5 miles this morning, then went to PT this afternoon. They just started me back on biceps and triceps again, oh joy...

Happy Monday to all! 

• patoo
    edited March 2012

Had small group church meeting tonight but managed to get in 30 mins on treadmill before I left. 

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2012

Kettlebells tonight~  It was great getting back into this~

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

75 minutes on the treadmill tonight because I have my Book Club tomorrow & needed to finish the book....multi-tasking!

• patoo
    edited March 2012

Only thing I can do on the treadmill is listen to music or watch TV.   Can't seem to keep my place to read, not a book anyway.  Maybe I'll try with my kindle though I doubt I'll be able to read that either.  Something about the motion, guess can't move my eyes and feet at the same time!

Night my sculpted friends.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2012

... and good morning ladies!  Walked 2.1 miles yesterday and had my first vinyasa flow yoga class last night.  Love it!

Put in my order for a t-shirt and also e-mailed Carol (NatureGrrl) to let her know about it.

Have a wonderful day, my sculpted friends!  ((hugs)) to all

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited March 2012

Went to my exercise class this morning. I always forget the time and end up sprinting to the class each week. Today was no different. I am warmed up by the time I get there (a block away). I will sign up for the t-shirt and hope my conversion from inches to cms. is right. Thanks, Natsfan!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012
    We are going to be LOOKING GOOD! Cool
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2012

Ran 6.2 miles last night - this training thing is tiring! I'm glad I challenged myself to run the 10K and I will do it, but I don't think I'll make a habit of entering 10K.s  I think for the most part I'm more of a 5K kind of gal.  

Thanks for the tips on the shorts, Orange.  I'll check them out.

I had a tough time with the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books.  I read the first one, and really enjoyed the writing and characters, but the bad guy was so evil and depraved, it upset me terribly.  I took several months before I could bring myself to read the last two, but I was so intrigued by the characters that I reallly wanted to read more about them, so I finally read the last two.  They were good as well, but it was hard for me to read about all that violence.  So I'm not going to see the movie - reading about the violence was hard enough, so I can't imaging seeing it.   

Sculpted Sisters shirt order link:  http://www.customink.com/signup/r1qgnso Deadline is April 1.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

That's exactly how I felt about the books, Mary. I had to force myself to skim the last one. Didn't want to read any more graphic violence but wanted to know what became of the characters. I have no desire to see the movies. Gory enough to read about that stuff.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2012

I'm half-way through the second Girl with the Dragon book - and I know what you all mean.  The characters are very intriguing, but the violence - wow!  I saw both movies, English and Swedish version, based on the first book.  All I can say is that if you see the movie without having the read the book first, you're in for a big shock.  One man yelled out in surprise in the theatre, during a very violent scene - I felt sorry for him!   

Looks like rain this afternoon - will do a Zumba session and half hour of mat stretch.   

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited March 2012

Finally back on track - 30 minute walk yesterday, 15 minutes of stretching and 15 minute ab core video.  So easy to fall off the wagon, I skip one day of exercise and then start making excuses, so I actually didn't exercise for 6 days!  I feel so much better if I get a little bit of movement in every day.

I read the dragon tattoo in February, and just wound up watching the movie this past weekend.  I honestly think I would have no idea what was going on in the movie if I hadn't read the book.  Has anyone read the hunger games and then seen the movie?  I usually like to read a book before I see the movie, and hunger games is getting a lot of hype right now.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited March 2012

I hate violent movies. Won't see Hunger Games. Could not believe what I saw in Girl with Dragon Tatoo.
    Just changed my shirt for larger size. I decided to go a size larger (I spoke with them). Can't stand anything touching my boobs. All my logo tanks are a size larger than I need, and these I wear to the gym, so nice and comfy.

Well today I got up to go gym, leg hurts so I will figure something out here. Will work with 3 lb weights.

Have a great day

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

30 minutes of pilates and ate some oatmeal. Book Club tonight. Our hostess is a French teacher who makes sinful French desserts!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2012

I read all three Hunger Games trilogy books during chemo, after my son finished them. We just saw the movie on Sunday. It was actually a pretty good movie. I much preferred the Girl books to the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo film. I really wasn't fond of it at all.

It is very chilly here in Vermont- sort of a rude wake up call from the summery temps of last week. Still, it was sunny, so my girlfriend and I went out for a brisk five mile walk. I am now sitting in front of the fire trying to warm up!

Have a wonderful evening ladies!!

• patoo
    edited March 2012

Lots of running around today so took off from exercise.  If I can get those voices a little louder maybe I'll do a 1 miler with Leslie Sansone before bed in a few minutes.  That will get me over the 2.5 mile mark for today.  No issues with my 6-month MO follow-up today but found out will be on the Arimidex for 7 years, not 5 as 7 seems to be becoming the standard. 

Night my sculpted friends.

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited March 2012

I swept up the grass from the sidewalk after my mom mowed the lawn. Oy. I really need to exercise!!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

Glad you had a no issue checkup, patoo. Did you end up with Leslie? You'll have to tack her on tomorrow if you didn't!!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2012

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes I had a wonderful weekend and ate lots of naughty things and even though I've had a crazy week I have kept up with my gym and classes.  Did a Body Step and half a Combat class tonight but my knees are bothering me in Step and I hate to think I'm going to have to give it up so I'm going to up the glucosamine and see if that helps me.  One of my friends gave me four personal training sessions at my gym for my birthday I was overwhelmed!!! 

• orangemat
    edited March 2012

Ran a couple of easy miles at the track tonight and chatted with my GFs as we ran, since they weren't doing the workout either. Then I spoke to the coach and decided to hire his services! It's a bit of an indulgence, but I thought it would make a nice birthday present to myself, especially in light of the year I've had. I'll be 50 the beginning of May. I'm actually looking forward to it!

Today is the weekly walk on the reservation trails sponsored by that non-profit women's group I joined a while back. It's an annual $25 donation that benefits a women's shelter, and you can participate in the organized walks, hikes and runs. I've actually signed up to lead a beginning running group but haven't gotten my assignment yet. Another thing I'm looking forward to. :)

Have a great day, all!