Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2012

I danced like a MANIAC- sweat, sweat, sweat, and girls, I felt SO alive, it made me cry. It was the first normal like day I have had where I felt somewhat like myself for the first time in a year. It was a blast..... and a calorie burner!

• misswim
    edited April 2012

Oh and Roan- 2.6 is AWESOME. You will get there again!

Cheryl, you totally inspire me all the time with your energy!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2012

Good Morning All -

Lovely cool spring morning here.  Hoping to get outside for some hiking this afternoon, after the school's International Festival today.  It should be a fun festival, but will be so good to get it over with!  

I love the slow and steady attitude about exercise.  Some days are more active than others, and that's just fine. 

cheryl  Wow - that is a lot of cardio!  My hat is off to you!  My goal is to kick it up a few notches in the cardio department.  I happily strengthen and stretch and can do nothing more, but cardio is so important too.   Does anybody know and follow the heart target rates?   

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited April 2012

Roan, I did the Disney Marathon this past January, my first. What a huge party! And even better that you have a friend doing it with you. I found the super-early start a bit challenging (I felt like we were starting the night before!) but it was definitely a great atmosphere for a first marathon. So great for you that you went out and walked; one step at a time, that's all that matters.

I haven't said it in a while, but this is a great and motivating group, and I thank you all for the positive energy here. I've been rather down on my myself lately, fallout from the surgery and having to be so careful and limiting myself. So thanks for providing the perspective I've been having a tough time maintaining. :)

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2012
    Ditto on what Esther said. I am so grateful for the positive energy on this thread. I am always reading your comments and it helps motivate me so much. It can be so frustrating when the mind is willing and the body is not quite there yet. I  am doing what I can and know that "this too shall pass" and I will join in more fully when I can. Waiting to hear from a rheumatologist to try and figure out what is going on with this body that went from 48 years old to 90 in the blink of an eye. Thanks for being here and sharing your wisdom!
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2012

Hi ladies, my thanks as well for this helpful hopeful place.

Joy, I've read about targeted heart rate but don't follow the protocol.

I started my day serenely with an hour of gentle yoga & meditation.

Didn't use a CD this time, just flowed through some of my favorite poses.

Will walk this afternoon when it warms up a little.  Now on to laundry & cooking. 

Making GF lasagne for supper tonight.  Salad of local greens, roasted beets, sliced pear, goat cheese and toasted walnuts, dressed in a light vinaigrette. mmmm 

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited April 2012

I went to the gym and did enough of a workout to make me quite tired. I walked 20 minutes on the treadmill, keeping my heart rate at target, then 10 minutes on the elliptical with heart rate at target. I wanted to do 20 there, but I couldn't do anymore and went into the lady's room to crash on the floor for a while. Then I did the 30 minute express circuit which worked legs and arms, no abs. This was my first try at arms since my surgery and some of the machines were difficult, mostly because I don't have quite full range of motion yet. I did all of the arm exercises with low weights, like 10 lbs or 25 lbs, depending on the way my foob felt with it.

• misswim
    edited April 2012

I went to hot yoga, which was very tough after my very full day yesterday! But I did it and am happy for that. Nap and sculpt in front of the fire now!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited April 2012

Congrats to all th big losers and the fast runners!. I will push my daughter to run with me next time.

I did zumba yesterday and ran in place today for thirty minutes in a steamy bathroom. Also walked 2 miles along the lake.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2012

After church did 30 mins walk/run on treadmill; 10 mins on stat bike and 30 mins upper body on weight machines.  Felt good.  Need to kick up a notch so will try and get back to some classes, water aerobics and/or zumba, sometime in the next couple of weeks.  Doesn't look like becoming a runner is in the cards for me; just don't seem to have the stamina but will keep trying.  Have another 5K (local) in 2 weeks.

Think I will also start back with loseit.com and maybe that will put my eating habits back in check.

I ditto those who said thank you all for keeping us on track.  Great motivator. 

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited April 2012

MissSwim, Dancing is my favorite thing. I haven't danced since before rads as haven't had that *late night energy.* But maybe soon. Maybe coming. Thanks for the reminder. Yes!

• misswim
    edited April 2012

My whole body is sore from dancing but so worth it. I officially have lost the late night energy, however. That will be my first and last night out in a LONG time. I am a wreck today. BFF, go dancing for me when you feel up to it!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2012

Shirt Ordering Link: Sculpted Sisters shirt order link: http://www.customink.com/signup/r1qgnso Today's the last day!

Too tired to type much.  Took 2 hour Segway tour of DC - wow, what a great way to see DC, but you really use your lower body a lot, so the legs are SORE!  Then we did some more sightseeing, and knocking around DC.  A full day with lots of exercise and movement.  

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,526
    edited April 2012

Did three different 30 minute exercise 'spurts' today. Rock Solid Buns in the morning, Cardio Dance Party in the afternoon (both FIRM DVDs), and took a walk tonight, (which was not that fun as the wind was gusting to 55 mph!).

Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto my appreciation for all of you! I've said it before, you all are THE positive SE of my BC experience. Hugs and cookies all around! Kiss

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited April 2012

Thanks for the loseit app recommendation - I'm on it!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2012

NatsFan  Jealous of your DC tour on a Segway - how fun!!  Are the cherry blossoms still blooming?

Triple ditto the positive energy and motivation here - (( cyber hugs )) to all of you

Sunny but cool day here - where did the warm temps go?  It's 48 degrees - and I foolishly put all of my jackets away last week, have to go dig one out again!  Tongue out

Off for a fitness hike with my dog, then some pilates.  Today I will figure out heart rates and see what I should be doing about cardio.  Thinking about starting an exercise log.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited April 2012

Did my usual routine at the gym with half an hour of cardio, followed by weights. Joy, you remind me I should test my resting heart rate, which I haven't done in a while. It's supposed to be a good indicator of physical fitness.

http://www.netfit.co.uk/fitness/test/resting-heart-rate.htm

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited April 2012

Dear Heidihill, is a good resting heart rate 80 and below, and how high should it be if you are doing the elyptical, thanks!!!!!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited April 2012

Not a good weekend exercise wise for me - did one toning video 15 minutes saturday, and 15 minutes toning this morning on arms - and that's it.  It was cold and rainy here so no walking, also my husbands birthday friday and so not good food choices either.  Whole family is going to New Orleans Wednesday to visit my son who lives there, I envision more bad food choices (can you say beignet!), but also I envision lots of walking, as our hotel is a 15 minute walk from the french quarter. And then back on track after Easter!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2012

hi ladies, I did a good thing for me today and took a personal day.  Nothing was urgent at work, it's a beautiful spring day and I don't take those for granted anymore.  Finished a book, napped, and took a lovely long walk.  The city was mowing the grass in my favorite little park, what a nice smell. 

pat01, it's better to do 15 mins than none so you did OK.  And if you're going to eat beignets, enjoy them, and have one for me!

Yoga class tonight.  Better go pay some attention to my ugly chemo-toes.  EmbarassedYellSealed

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited April 2012

15 minutes on the elliptical, 12 minutes ab circuit, and a few leg exercises.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited April 2012

Joy, I use the training log at runningahead.com, very good, lots of functionality, and you can even keep track of the miles on your different pairs of running shoes. Also, you can make up a training plan for a certain goal date (like a race, but it doesn't have to be), plan out the workouts you're going to do on specific days, and when you record them, it literally crosses them out for you, saying you've done your scheduled workout. Sort of like how Ruth described that she does in her notebook with a paper and pencil, I suppose. Anyway, I highly recommend it.

Good job on the exercise, everyone! :) 

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

I have a meeting tonight but will do something when I get home (now that I've written it, I will have to do it!).

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited April 2012

We took a long bike ride in the morning, and then I took a nice walk with a neighbor and friend in our building. Have a great evening, everyone!!!!!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited April 2012

Just  checking in, while walking dog, I start to jog, a little jog is better than no jog. Legs still hurting. Back to spinal guy on Thurs.

Enjoy the evening.

Hugs,

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited April 2012

Hi Ladies-

Just checking in, not keeping up with all of you wonderful girls as I hoped I would.  I'm back up in Tahoe with my pooch (my dog, not my stomach, but that's here as well...)

I had a big hike with the dog here today 5 miles, and I try to keep the miles under 15 mins.  Good workout, especially because of altitude and hills.  Dog is tired, so I know I did something right...takes a big amount of work to tire him our!

Off to go see what I can rustle up for chow.

XO
    Kim

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,849
    edited April 2012

Another warm and beautiful day here. Walked/ran at the park. Worked up a good sweat!

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited April 2012

light bouncing 45 minutes, arms, 1/2 callanetics, 15 minute inside walk, it's Monday ladies.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

30 minutes on the treadmill.

• misswim
    edited April 2012

Hello my inspirations......90 minutes Anusura yoga tonight. Theme of the class was change and challenge and acceptance......not only surving change, but thriving after it. Very apt theme. We worked incredibly hard on the hamstrings, inner and out thighs and balancing poses. I am already sore. Have a 5 mile walk planned for tomorrow. Have a great evening.