Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2012

Good Morning All -

Another gorgeous day here - clear and cool.  Logged my 45 minute dog hike yesterday - and tested heart rate along the way.  Heart rate was not as high as I thought it would be, on average - hmmm - might have to bump things up a little bit. 

heidihill   Thanks for the heart rate guide.  I'm a numbers geek, so this gives me a fresh perspective on how to think about activity. 

orangemat   Love the log at runningahead - I was really surprised to find mapped running routes in my neighborhood, several that I already know!   Seems that some of my neighbors use this too.   What a great tool - I'll show it to my son also. 

Off to discover a new trail with my dog.

Hugs ~

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2012

Been keeping up with the daily 5K walks.  Have only been doing Zumba when I can't get the walk in.  I know I really need to start adding some toning, but find that I can always find lots of excuses not to!  Yesterday, I gave our Lab a bath - that was a work out in itself!! 

Have fallen off of the loseit.com wagon too!!  Maybe I should post daily again to keep me motivated?? I have been mainly lurking, but always keep up with you gals.  Can't wait to see the t-shirt.... I KNOW that it should get me motivated again cause I will want to wear it!  Wink

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2012
    I am back to my usual gym routine but lastweek I bought a pedometer for daily use.I am hoping it will encourage me to get moving even more durring daily routine.Your supposed to wear it for a week then figure out your daily average.Then try increasing slowly extra 500 steps.Will let you know How i do.Tongue out
  • heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited April 2012

Kindergarten, the resting heart rate is taken in bed before you get up in the morning. A timer next to your bed would be handy. I don't monitor my heart rate during exercise, so can't help you much there. All I know is you are supposed to try to keep your heart rate within a recommended zone. An example:

http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Your-Target-Heart-Rate

When I was first trying to improve my cardio fitness, I tried Tabata workouts for 4-8 minutes a day, where you go all out for thrity seconds, rest thirty seconds, or similar protocol. After a while doing those (along with walking and weights) my resting heart rate was "athletic" for my age. I had never measured it before so I don't know how much I improved. Now I'm trying to go for endurance.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited April 2012

Thank you so much, Heidihill and also for the website. Did a long bike ride yesterday and walked. Trying to always remember to use weights when walking. Gym routine today. Have a great day!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,526
    edited April 2012

T-Shirt People: I brought a tee shirt to the post office with me today, put it in a $1.19 'Utility Mailer' envelop and had the lady weigh it. The postage came out to $5.20. I took the tee shirt out, put my address on in, had her put the stamps on it, folded it, put it in another mailer (along with my check), addressed it to Mary and off it went.

So Mary, 'the check is in the mail'. Smile

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2012

Wow Ruth - you're on top of things. Cool   I sent all the t-shirt ladies an email so check the email addresses you used to order your shirt.  Cheryl also emailed me and said she'd donate mailing envelopes for everyone.  They're the light strong plastic ones, and she measured postage at $2.46 for those when stuffed with a performance weight shirt.  So, any of you who haven't put your stuff in the mail yet, you can send a check for the t-shirt plus postage, and enclose a self-addressed mailing label.  Cheryl will send me the envelopes and I can use those for people who don't send me envelopes.  Or, you can also do like Ruth did and send me the t-shirt check, enclosing a self-addressed, postage pre-paid envelope.  As soon as I get all the checks I'll order the shirts - and they should arrive 2 weeks after that.  I'm really excited to get them!

3.1 mile run last night, but no exercise today as I had to drop my car off at the repair shop before work and pick it up afterwards, so that took up my exercise time.  Of course the heart palpitations I had when they gave me the bill should count for some kind of exercise!!!  Surprised

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2012

Was too lazy to get back out and walk after work but on here made me do a 3 mile walk with Leslie Sansone.  I'm so glad those voices are working again.  Still haven't gotten back to loseit.com but think I'll head over now and check out runningahead.com.

Night my sculpted friends.

Oh, received a skirt I ordered and it fits but just a bit tight in the waist.  A motivator for me and I'm looking forward to zipping it without cutting off my circulation.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2012

Thanks, Ruth for the info! I'll be sending mine tommorow Mary.

Took a 4.5 mile walk with my girlfriend which included climbing up the steep stairs at the ski jump at our town and hiking back home through the woods. It was really refreshing and a good workout.

• patoo
    edited April 2012

Thanks Nats.  Check and label in envelope and will drop in mail tomorrow morning.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

Just 30 minutes of toning & went to a vocal jazz concert. Will have to do some more 'make up' later in the week.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,849
    edited April 2012

Weeded the garden this weekend plus went to park to walk/run. Planted the garden today. Also walked/ran the neighborhood before the rain came. Good the garden got wet and not me.

It's late and way past bedtime. Good night all! 

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited April 2012

No exercise for me... my father just passed away unexpectedly and I'm here helping my mother. I can't believe he's gone. 2 deaths in the family + my diagnosis = 11 very hard months.

I love that man so very much.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2012
    NWArtLady   So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing   (( hugs )) 
  • heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited April 2012

My condolences to you and your mom. I'm so sorry for the sad news, which is on top of everything else you're going through. Keep following Dory!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2012

((NWArtLady)) sorry to hear of your news, my condolences to you & your family.

• fmakj
    edited April 2012

NWArtLady - So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.  My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time ((Hugs))

• Roan
    Roan Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2012

NEArtLady, I am so sorry about your dad. I will add you to my prayer list right now!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2012

((NW ART Lady)) Sending you healing hugs and posotive energy. My deepest condolences!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

Sending out my thoughts and prayers for you and your family, NWArtLady.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited April 2012

NWArtLady  - so sorry for your loss.

Natsfan: I just came back from Post office, Check is on its way to you with mailing label. Can't wait. I believe I told the people at the shirt place I went up in size for comfort. XL.

Thank you.

Hugs,

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited April 2012

Dear NWARTLady, I am so sorry for your loss of your dear Father. Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Kathy

• fmakj
    edited April 2012

Mailing label and payment on its way, Natsfan! 

Had to cut my walk this morning a little short - forgot to weigh in early, so was later getting over to my Mom's for our 7:30 (ish) start time.  Probably only did about 4 (ish) Kilometres today. 

• badger
    edited April 2012

Mary, I'll put a check & label in tomorrow's mail - thanks so much - Cheryl you too!

Right now I am hearing VOICES so need to head out for a walk.  ((hugs)) to all

• badger
    edited April 2012

thanks for the boost my sculpted friends, I walked 2.95 miles this evening  :-)

• patoo
    edited April 2012

NWArtlady, so very sorry for the loss of your dad.  Prayers going up for you and your mom.  HUGS.

Walked after work tonight; 3.5 miles on pedometer for today. 

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

A nice day here, walked for 75 minutes & did 15 minutes of abs.....I am temporarily  'caught up' Smile.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2012

NWArtlady-I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad a few years ago and it is hard.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited April 2012

Thank you for your hugs, thoughts, prayers and good words, I really appreciate it.  He was such a good man.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

Hang in there, NW.