Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2012

Good afternoon.  Kim, praying all comes out well at your Onc appt on Monday.  Sorry it has you stressed but you came to a good place.  HUGS.

Did my 5K this morning and I think I ran a lot more than usual, at least half of it was running, albeit, slowly.  I did shave 7 mins off the 5k I did at DW in February so I'm a happy camper and now motivated to register for others.  I'm actually not treating it as a "race" but more as part of my exercise routine. 

Now going to treat myself to a pedicure and maybe a massage!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2012

Kim - (((HUGS))) - sorry you are dealing with a triple whammy!!  Lymph nodes do swell on occasion as our bodies fight off various things - wishing only a normal node situation!  Another BC scare close to home can also make our minds go into overdrive again too!!  I try to keep myself thinking that until I KNOW there is something to actually worry about, to just enjoy every minute until then!!  Hard to do, but I have been able to not stress out so much on every littlt thing!!

For the atrophy issue, there is a great thread on here about a product called (of all things!) Scream Cream that seems to do wonders.  It must be compounded at a pharmacy, so you would need one of your Drs to write out the script that is on that thread.  This is an area that I have been exploring as I am facing an ooph later on this year and these SE's scare me!!  Many women are using cocoa butter to help with the atrophy issues with fairly good results.  Will look up the thread for you.  ((Hugs)) again!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2012
    (((Kim))) hopefully it's just a lymph node doing it's job maybe as you were getting the massage toxins were being released and your lymph nodes reacted but glad you got an appointment you need to get it checked out.  Patoo congrats on the race too funny that you're thinkng of the 5k as part of your routine and not as a race - you go girlKiss  Ths morning I did an hour of spin with my favourite crazy instructor i think I'm buidling buns of steelSurprised
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,526
    edited April 2012

Walked for 45 minutes, had coffee with my dad, and walked 30 more. Really nice today but the forecast is for rainy/cold weather coming in tomorrow and lasting all week, so I'm glad I could get out today.

Kim, I'm glad you could push your appointment up. I don't think that lump would be BC-related, but it will feel better once you get it checked out. I think the thread Mary Louise is talking about is 'I want my Mojo back'.

Zumba, a friend of mine who worked at a bank took early retirement because she couldn't stand all the high-pressure sales techniques they were being forced into. She didn't feel it was ethical and is a lot happier out of that environment.

Patoo, 7 minutes off is BIG. Congratulations!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2012

Kim- waiting and worrying is the worst feeling; sending bugs and positive thoughts for your appt on Monday.

Badger- I loved the Hunger Games books and the movie! They were hard to put down.

School vacation this week and I heard the voices so I got on my bike today for the first time in almost 2 years. I was diagnosed last April so did not ride since summer of 2010. I only made it 2.5 miles but at least it is a start. It is very hilly where I live so it will take time for me to build it back up to the 15 I was doing back then. i did ok even with the frozen shoulder but am fighting through these Femara aches and pains!

• patoo
    edited April 2012

Ginger48, I certain your "bugs" will take her mind off of it.  Laughing  sorry, that just had me giggling!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2012

Hi Ladies- Feel like I haven't posted in forever!

Kim, I will send good thoughts your way on Monday- I bet it is a lymph node from the shingles!

Patoo- Congrats on the race!

Zumba, good for you. I hope you are able to pick up some more classes and the stress is less and you get to enjoy time with your son.

I gave myself a cardio break and a food break from easter until this past Weds., and got on the scale Thursday to find it up 3 lbs! I started my clean eating, no dairy, no meat diet back again, threw in kick boxing and hot yoga both on Thurs and Friday, and hiked a local mountain today.  it is a moderate/difficult trail- 4.8 miles round trip but the uphill is STEEP. It was so great to be outside, enjoying the air and sun.

Tomorrow marks my one year cancerversary........ I can hardly belive it. Today we had family photos taken by a dear friend, tomorrow I am going to yoga with my girlfriends and then 20 friends and family to brunch. Looking forward to it :)

Have a great day!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2012

This is so off topic, but I wanted to share one of the photos we had done yesterday......happy and full of gratitude. Thank you ladies, for all of your love, support, and words of encouragement. It's been a hell of a first year I could not have gotten through with all of you!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2012

Patoo-haha! Did not notice that.

Kim- no bugs just hugs!!!

Misswim- congrats on the 1 year anniversary. Mine was 10 days ago. Can't believe it has already been a year and yet it also feels like it has been such a long year. What a great picture!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited April 2012

Miss Swim, that picture is wonderful and so inspirational!  Thank you for sharing it!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited April 2012

Kim, sending hugs,

Miss Swim, Congrats on one year.

Had Two Epidurals Friday, and a Vascular Test on Thursday for legs, still waiting for results. I blame it on the Femara. I am just walking, till I know.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2012

Kim - scary stuff.  Hugs (not bugs Tongue out) and I hope it's just a lymph node swollen from the shingles.  Patoo - congrats on the run and shaving off 7 minutes.  I have a 5K Saturday - there's only one other entrant in my age group, so if I beat her I'll get a medal!!!  Unfortunately, her projected time is 3 minutes faster than mine, so I'm going to really push it.  Or maybe she'll decide to sleep in and skip the run and I'll win by default!  Tongue out  Sherry - I still like your "giggling" description better!  Congrats to the anniversary ladies.  Misswim - great picture!

As for the Sculpted Sister t-shirts, this morning I sent either confirmations or reminders to everyone who signed up.  I'm still waiting on 5 checks, but have emails from 4 of them saying they mailed them already, so hopefully things will arrive soon.  So if you ordered a  t-shirt, check the email you used.  You should have either a confirmation or reminder from me.  Let's get these checks in - I can't wait to order the t-shirts!!  Cool

Ran 10K yesterday morning to train for my upcoming 10K in two weeks.  Slow but steady - 13 minute miles.  You have to run at least 14 minute miles to avoid being forced into the trailing van, so I should be safe.  Then we went off to the Nationals game - the first place in the NL East Nationals, I might add!  (For you international ladies, I'm talking baseball - I'm a big fan of the Washington DC baseball team.)  I'd organized a group of 24 co-workers to go yesterday, so it was a fun day.  And we're going back today.  It's just about a mile to wak from our parking lot to our upper deck seats, so when I report a 2 mile Nats Walk, that means I went to a game and logged in that walk.  So I did a 2 mile Nats Walk yesterday and today.   Ruth - what's going on with your Twins???  Surprised

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

Thank you for sharing that lovely picture, misswim! You, me and patoo better never meet over any holiday because she and I both gained 3 pounds over Easter too! Sounds like when we 'fall off the wagon', we don't just slide off, but dive head first (into a pile of food!) Surprised!!!

Ronna, I sure hope they can figure out what is going on. Very frustrating.

Mary, I'm afraid that my poor Minnesota Twins are going to have a longgggggg season (and not as in they will be playing deep into the fall in the playoffs!).

Pouring down rain here, so will do some indoor toning stuff this afternoon.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2012

Misswim, wonderful pic, what a nice moment to capture, thanks for sharing.

Ronna, we'll wait for those test results with you, hope the epidurals helped.

Skipped the Sat. matinee because it was so doggone nice yesterday afternoon.  Got out and walked instead.  I do not take those picture-perfect days for granted anymore.  Raining now so a better day for a movie.

Did an hour of yoga & meditation this morning.  Lovely way to start the day!  ((hugs)) to all

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited April 2012

Beautiful picture, misswim!

I ran my race today, the More Magazine all-women's half marathon in Central Park. Wasn't quite trained up to par to deal with the hills, so I had trouble keeping my pace for the second loop. Still, my finish time was pretty respectable, 2:03:22. My previous best HM was 2:03:09, just to compare. And as of today, I am officially six weeks post-op, so I am DONE with all healing-related restrictions!!

Ah, looking forward to relaxing in my new Sculpted Sisterhood shirt! :) 

• patoo
    edited April 2012

Great pic misswim.

orangemat, good work on the race.  My manager had mentioned on Friday (with a sad face) that she found out the course was challenging because of hills. 

Weather was beautiful for a walk but had a friend in from out of town so went for lunch instead (our lunches typically last at least 3-4 hours).  May try to walk later with Leslie before bed otherwise will make up for it tomorrow.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2012

Patoo great on the 5K, you inspire me

misswim great pic thanks for sharing and congrats on your one year cancerversary

orangemat I can not even imagine running a 10K, Wow

Kim glad you got in with the onco tomorrow, I hope everything turns out OK with you and your MIL

I got out and walked again today and added more distance.  I am about 2/3 back to my distance but taking it slower per PS.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012
    45 minutes, hard old FIRM Super Sculpt tape. I think their old workouts are harder than their newer ones!
  • orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited April 2012

Sherry, slow is good because slow gets it done. Just remember that. :)

Thanks all for the kind words about my race. But now I think I need to take a little break from running. Looking forward to getting back to taking yoga classes again, starting with tomorrow. Ahhh.....

Good night, all!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2012

Congratulation on your one year Misswim and thanks for sharing your amazingly beautiful picture. Orangemat you did good today so enjoy your yoga. Ruth add me to the 3lb club as well but mine is because my friend is here from the UK and every night he bbq's Hillshire Farms Polska Kielbasa, I'm not kidding every night, I don't eat it when it's on the table but it's cooked it's in the fridge and it jumps into my mouth when I open the doorSurprised Awww Ronna I sure hope they come up with some answers for you soon. Too funny Ginger maybe you could start offering people bug hugsWink. Mary what's with the Nats walk, you're in training girl you need to be doing the Nats jog, just push all those pesky people out of your way!!! Sherry you are going farther and farther every day and it won't be long till the restrictions are lifted. Badger I agree when the sun is shining make the most of it, this afternoon I picked roses and I have two vases full, they are so beautiful.

Well today I did my Body Step class and all that spinning I have been doing caught up with me cause my glutes were screaming but it was lots of fun, I do love Body Step.

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2012

Misswim~ I love the pic!  So amazing!  I have not posted in forever......school is keeping me so busy. Track meets at night and just the other stuff at this time of the school year.  WOW

In my spare time I  have been walking and doing some weights.  Can't wait to get out on my bike and ride.  

Oh the storms.....my heart just goes out to those who are in the really bad storm areas.  Prayers for you.

Blessing all

Balsie 

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2012

Kim you are in my thoughts....Sending good thoughts your way!  Glad you got your appt. for tomorrow.   

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited April 2012

Hey gals,

I haven't read all 346 pages of this thread, but I'm jumping on board!

I have stage 4 BC with mets to my liver, lungs, bone, and brain, but at the moment I'm stable and feel pretty well.  I haven't exercised consistently in a long time and figured while I'm feeling well and have the luxury of being on hormone treatment (not chemo), I might as well get out and exercise.

I'm starting the couch-to-5K program.  Anyone else doing this?

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

Welcome Nancy, glad to have you aboard! A couple of the gals were just talking about the couch-to-5K program (I checked back & it is on page 344).

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited April 2012

Thanks, Ruth.  I will look back for the other couch-to-5K'ers.

For me, the hardest part is getting started.  I feel so out of shape and none of my clothes fit due to weight gain that has been slowly creeping up, up, up.

Anyone have good motivational tips to share? 

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited April 2012

Kim, I'm joining the team that will be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping for good news!  I hope your MIL also receives good news.

nancyh, have you heard of Team Survivor Northwest? They are here in Seattle and have wonderful exercise programs for cancer patients. These include walking, rowing, hiking and more. They are frequently lead by cancer survivors so they understand if we need to rest, etc.  Their website is http://teamsurvivornw.org/about-us/  

Beautiful photo Missswim!! Thanks for sharing.

I spent 2 hours on the water this Saturday with my dragon boat team - whew!  Today was a 1-hour nordic dog walk with the husband and then several hours of transplanting ferns and cleaning out ivy. So tired, but it's the good kind.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2012

Good Morning All -

Kim  ((hugs)) and good thoughts to you on your doc visit today.  Hope that your MIL gets good news too.  

Fantastic photo, misswim!

orangemat   Awesome race - and enjoy the yoga

welcome nancyh   I ditto orangemat's phrase "slow is good because slow gets it done".  The hard part is starting.   Try writing something here in this thread, like "I will walk outside for 15 minutes today".  Then when you see it in writing it motivates you to do it.  And the voices here will chime in to help.  

Got back yesterday from a few days in a lake region of the mountains - great hiking and mountain climbing, got plenty of activity.   

Today is an inside day - it's cold and dreary, where did our spring go?  This afternoon I will get in a pilates challenge and some jump board.    

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited April 2012

Great to see you here, Nancy! I'd start slowly because it's always motivating when you build up and building up is easier with small steps. ANd if you do backslide it doesn't seem like much.

My BIL asked me if I wanted to join a half-marathon in the fall. I must look much fitter than I am. I haven't run more than 15 minutes, can't imagine doing 3 hours or more. Maybe with lots of pitstops and if I start early in the morning.

Walked steep uphill for 1.5 miles and back down.

• ronqt1
    edited April 2012

I have to be out of the house from 10-2 today. Can't quite figure out what to do. Either the park, or the mall for walking. Too much a temptation at the gym. It is so gorgeous up here. Love the warm weather.

Have a great day everyone!!

PS Kim, Happy birthday.

Hugs,

• ronqt1
    edited April 2012

Well I went for my dx last week and results came back today was that my mammo was normal.  At least something is on the right track. Did quite a bit of walking today and had no pain, so I am feeling good about that too.

Hugs,