Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited April 2012

NatsFan, if you remove some shirts from the order, won't that affect the price of the remaining shirts? Good job on the jog to and from yoga class, btw!

OK, one more picture, the backs of our shirts. My husband worked hard making that poster for us, drawing the runner girl stick figure by hand. :)

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited April 2012

Esther, great pics.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited April 2012

Finally got back to walking around the neighborhood today for 30 minutes.  Gorgeous day!

• orangemat
    edited April 2012

Once... twice... three times a YOGI.... yeah, pardon my singing, but I think I'm going to go to yoga class tonight, which will make three days in a row this week. Wow, look at me, I can do anything now... heh, can you tell I've been away from it for too long??

:) 

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited April 2012

Hi girls-Esther love the pics, so nice! I STILL can not get pics to post! If any of you can pm me with instructions; I have picasa online but it ain't happening! I use all apple products...I'll give you a virtual kiss if you help me!

Went with mil to stereo biopsy; she did well results Monday or so. Gosh I hate those rooms and that feeling! Vballmom (Teresa) had reexcision today as well, she did well...she is such a trooper! She and I have never met face to face, live on different coasts, yet are close friends! I love that about these places!

I went to gym today after mil biopsy and we did all pilates which was fun and challenging. Do I get a treat for obeying the voices today?????

Xo

Kim

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2012

LOL Esther!  Yoga is one of the best things I've ever done for myself.  Nice pics BTW.

Good job, Kim, I say you definitely deserve a treat.

I walked to the library and back tonight.  Lilacs are in bloom, man I love this time of year.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2012

Um, Nats, I am embarrased to say that I was in such a hurry to get you my check that I did not PUT THE POSTAGE ON!!! I just went into the PO to pick up my mail today and there it was. Needless to say, it is posted and on the way! So sorry if I held anyone up! Damn chemo brain!

I am so sore from yoga on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday that I took it easy tonight and went for a brisk 2.5 mile hike with a friend at sunset. It was lovely....until we both got back to the car and realized we had ticks ALL over our clothes...... we seriously stripped down to our skivvies right their and drove home in our undies. It was GROSS, but rather hysterical. Can you imagine if we had gotten pulled over on the way home?

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited April 2012

I'd have done the same, ticks freak me out!!!!!

Treadmill for an hour, then did 45 minute Denise Austin toning DVD....had to make up for my night off.

Treats are good, and one of the main reasons why I exercise! Smile

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2012

Fabulous picture Esther, looks like you belong to a fun group.  Mary how is Mikey doing? I miss hearing about him.  So what did you think about BL last night, can't believe after all that drama they rewarded those who stayed with a car bleahhhhh and then Bob keeps looking through his rose colored glasses standing up for Conda saying how she's changed - oh no she hasn't!!!!  Oh my Misswim you are lucky you weren't pulled over by the police - you would have been the "talk of the town" but I would have done the same, those ticks are nasty creatures.  Kim I'm like Ruth I exercise so I can eat those treats and boy do I enjoy them.  Tonight did Body Combat class again, yup three nights in a row my butt and shoulders really know they've been exercised, the last track is a boxing track 8 minutes long and at the last move we do is punch 198 times oh my it feels never ending.

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited April 2012

Orangemat, please tell me those pics are before you ran your half?  You gals look amazing!!  So inspiring as I head out on day 2, week 1 of C25K and hope to run in one-minute increments with 90 seconds of rest and think about how far I have to go, oh my.  Totally inspiring though, love being a part of this post.

Ruthbru - nice work!  An hour on the treadmill (I call it the dreadmill) plus a DVD. Great job!

Misswim, you crack me up!  I used to live in Arkansas, so I know all about ticks (thankfully we don't have them in Seattle).  So, next time, are you planning on "chemical warfare" DEET or whatever to keep them away?  Not sure how rural your hiking route is, but with my hiking buddies we sometimes ended our hikes with a plunge in an icy cold lake.  Any chance that's a possibility for you?  It is really great!

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited April 2012

Hi Everyone,

No Nordic dog walking for me today, but I did do 2 hours on the water last night with my dragon boat team! We paddled in the rain (if you don't do things in the rain here, you'd never do them!). Tongue out

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited April 2012

Yikes on the ticks, misswim! Paddling in the rain actually sounds like fun, NWArt! Hbcheryl, that Body Combat class sounds like a Kung Fu school in those Chinese movies.

Ran/walked 2 miles on the treadmill. As soon as the pollen is gone will get out and run along the lake. Had been neglecting my arms so it was time to do some heavy pulling exercises. Am away for spring break with my daughter. Hope we get a chance to exercise and not just lie by the pool and eat.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2012

misswim  I'm laughing thinking of you driving home - I would've done the same.  We get innoculated for ticks here, because of tick borne encephalitis.  TBE is not in the U.S., though, thank goodness. 

Esther   Love the race pics. 

nancyh  Way to go with the C25K!

Had a full day at school yesterday, and had no time for exercise. And I was a bad girl, eating homemade treats at school.  This afternoon I will get back on track with a hike with the dog in the hills and a mat stretch session. 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited April 2012

Finally back to my normal exercise routine - gosh, you take a few days off (for no reason mind you) and everything tightens up - I am sore today.  But did my toning video last night, and classical stretch this morning. 

All this talk of yoga has me interested.  Classical stretch is a combo of ballet, tai chi, pilates, yoga, and it does wonders for my body.  We just changed our cable subscriber, and I noticed a lot more channels with exercise shows.  I might look into a yoga on TV show.  Anybody have any favorites?  Keep in mind I am 58 LOL.

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2012
    Heidi that's too funny because one of the song tracks in the new release is "Kung Foo Fighting" and it's a really fast versionTongue out  Pat classical stretch sounds like Body Flow and I just love the tao chi part, I'm not so keen on the pilates - that being said I just bought a Living Social package for some pilates classes recommended by one of the girls in my step class at a studio that's just opened up near here but they actually use the reformers for the class so I'm going to give it a try.
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2012

Boy I cannot keep up with you gals.  I walked again today.  Added another block and trying not to go to fast per PS.

msswim-yikes the ticks I hate those things

Kim so glad you go good news at the Dr.

• Dazdnfused
    edited April 2012

Just got back from a 3 mile run with my younger son, Alex, who had just gotten back from a biz trip to Philly.  It was hot!  I'm not a "sun" runner, I like to run in the cool morning.  I about sweated into nothing...now, I need to go to yoga.  You guys just don't let me rest..;)

Pat01, if you are interested, there is a pretty good book out on yoga called the Science of Yoga.  It goes back and forth in the pros and cons of some aspects of yoga, but in the end says how very, very good it is for everyone...and ESPECIALLY those of us in here.  As long as you start off gently, and don't try to overstretch, I think it's extremely helpful.  The best part of all is the breathing.  So helpful in calming type A crazy women like ME!

Cheryl, the Pilates reformer is really interesting and kinda fun!  I like doing it because you have to concentrate and I think it's not only good for bod, it's good for brain!  I can use brain exercise this week! 

xo

Kim 

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited April 2012

Twice around the industrial park. Better than nothing at all I hope.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2012

hi all, walked 3.25 miles today and just got back from yoga class. 

Going to have a bite to eat and pay some bills.  Money mouth  Have a nice night ladies!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2012

Hi all.  Haven't been on too much lately but have been moving, if only a little bit, each night.  Going up in a few minutes and will jog in place while I watch the news. 

orangemat, would love to join you on the 28th but already made plans.  Wish I had seen your post 2 days ago.  Would love to find another to meet up with you and Ronna so keep a lookout - I don't mind a drive. (though you will end up waiting for me at the finish line!)

Hi to everyone.  Very proud that you all are continuing to sculpt.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited April 2012

Back from the wedding at the Outer Banks. The wedding was right on the National Seashore and it was absolutely beautiful. I was able to have a nice beach walk during the afternoon of the wedding.

I walked/ran the neighborhood tonight. Trying the burn the 2 pounds I gained during the weekend wedding!

orangemat: great pictures of you and your friends!

misswim: I HATE ticks and can't imagine having them all over me! Your story is so funny, though! 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited April 2012

35 minutes on treadmill, and 25 FIRM toning DVD.

• orangemat
    edited April 2012
    patoo, I signed up for another race today, maybe that one will work out? Sunday, May 13, the Rubin Run 10k at the Tenafly JCC. I did this race last year, my first 10k and I like that's it's on Mother's Day. Every woman receives a rose at the finish! There's also a 5k course. Let me know if this works for you, and Ronna too!
  • hbcheryl
    edited April 2012
    Did an RPM class tonight, gave my legs a really good workoutSurprised
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2012

Haven't posted in a few days - did the 2 miles Nats Walk last night (they lost!  Cry)  Have a 5K tomorrow morning in Hagerstown MD (near the cabin) so that should be fun.  It's a small race that's associated with a duathlon race - I think our little 5K is their equivalent of those 1K fun runs other races have. So we're the wimpy ones next to the real athletes, but who cares?  It'll be fun.

The color run someone mentioned (sorry, forgot who) looked like a blast!  I checked the website and they list DC as a place for one, but haven't scheduled it yet.  I signed up for email notifications.

Cheryl - Mikey is doing well.  We've managed to keep him at his sleek 11 pound weight.  It's fun having such a bright dog, but wow are those min pins energetic.  We've also learned that they are natural clowns - we don't dare laugh when he does something wrong but looks cute doing it, cuz he loves that reaction, and will do it again! And yes, I couldn't believe those people on BL walking out - especially cuz it was apparently explicitly stated in their contract that they'd be bringing back eliminated contestants who would have a shot at the big prize.  I wonder how they feel about their decision to walk out now, several weeks later.  And for Pilates - I took a reformer class a few years ago and really liked it.  Misswim - LOL on the postage-less envelope!  I'll look forward to getting the re-sent envelope.  We had that same tick thing happen after a hike last fall - not only did we have numerous ticks, but little Mikey had a couple of dozen fastened on him.  He was so patient and good as we pulled them off one by one.  Were they deer ticks?  If so, watch for symptoms of Lyme.  It takes 24-48 hours to transmit the disease, so if you got them all off of you promptly, then you should be good to go. Wonder - the seashore wedding sounds beautiful!

Off to the cabin this weekend!

[edited cuz I can't spell worth beans this morning for some reason!]

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited April 2012

Hi Esther, yes, i will be in Fl. end of next week, the trip to Tenafly is a little far for me, plus I really don't run as I am still taking it ez with my legs. I am pissed I had the vascular tests last week, and have not heard from DR.

I will be walking at the SGK Race on the 6th, and like last year could not make a quarter of a mile with knee problems them, so sat in Survivor's tent. Until I hear from Dr., I am not going to make any attempts to even light jog. However, my main ambition is to get back to zumba. In about 10 minutes I will try and get an answer from the doctor as to what is going on.

I see that quite a bit of you gals are runners. Never have been one, just gym rat and zumba. I still blame it all on Femara.

Hugs,

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2012

I am the one signed up for the color run. It is called Color Me Rad and is in Hartford CT memorial day weekend. DD's are running in it; I will be walking it. But it looks like a fun time!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2012

orangemat, I have church so won't run Sunday mornings, but don't give up on me yet for a Saturday. 

Ronna, I'm no where near being a runner but I keep on bluffing.  May try the compression socks next to see if that helps with the shins.

• Dazdnfused
    edited April 2012

Hi guys-

quick check in, my Mother In Law does NOT have cancer recurrence-she's all clear.  THANK THE LORD!  Not sure what the suspicious stuff was yet...don't have the report, but it's not DCIS, etc.-its benign.

SO HAPPY!

And I got in a great workout today-rowing, treadmill, weights.  It's gotten hot here all of a sudden but it's nice.

Have a great weekend guys!

Kim 

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited April 2012

As a birthday gift to myself today

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/7/topic/785949?page=1#idx_10  )

I jog/bounced 45 minutes and did my arm exercises and now am having a sweet glass of champagne!