ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited April 2012

Great News, Kim!!!!!

Enjoy the champagne, truebff!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2012

Kim such good news.

Happy Birthday truebff, celebrate and enjoy your day.

Had the afternoon off work so friend and I took our dogs down to the dog beach and walked for an hour, it was beautiful down there 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2012

Happy Birthday truebff, welcome to a new age bracket. Wink Many happy returns of the day!

Great news, Kim!

Ronna, I hope by now you've heard from your doc. 

I did the Race for the Cure the last two years but am doing Relay for Life this year.  Some of it is for political reasons but some of it is financial.  I skipped the 'finish line' my first RFC in 2010, so didn't get any of the tsotchkes they bestow on survivors.  Last year, I 'finished' and saw a lot of money being spent NOT ON THE CURE.  So I'm just not feelin' it this year.

Walked 2.25 miles today.  Happy Friday, TGIF and have a good weekend, everyone! 

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited April 2012

Twice around the industrial park.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited April 2012

Sounds like it's a good news Friday today! Yay Kim! Happy birthday truebff! Happy day to all!

badger, I did the Avon Walk last year and I'm doing it again this year. The only thing they give out are t-shirts, and they feed you en route and at the Wellness Village, which is fine enough for me. Walking 39.3 miles over two days, I really don't need any tchotchkes either, so I totally get what you mean.

I've been feeling a bit sluggish ever since my race this past weekend, even with doing my speedwork session with my coach on Wednesday. Yesterday's run was on completely dead legs. Today, however, was a brand new day: 6 miles at my nice and easy pace, which finally felt nice and easy! Also went for my fourth yoga class of the week (yeah, glutton much, right?) and it seems my body is finally responding to that as well. My muscles are learning how to engage again, w00t!

Rest day tomorrow, then 10 mile run on Sunday. It's supposed to rain. So I guess I'll be getting wet. ;) 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited April 2012

Kim: AWESOME NEWS!

truebff: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Good evening everyone. I pushed mowed for an hour and then walked/ran the neighborhood. The temperature and humidity are delightful! Happy weekend! 

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012
    Did a combination of exercises which equalled 45 minutes of toning & 30 of aerobics. Happy Weekend from me too Smile!
  • truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited April 2012

Thanks all!! A great day! A smile stone.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited April 2012

Wonderful news Kim!!  So happy for your MIL.

Happy spin around the sun truebff - here's to many, many more!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2012

Good Morning All.    We will be busy preparing for company for dinner and poker night tonight. Hopefully there will time to get in a hill hike with the dog this afternoon.   Patoo - I like that you are a "bluff" runner  LOL   I think that's where I'm headed - hikes aren't getting the heart rate up like they should, and I need a bigger challenge.    

Kim  Great news for your MIL, celebrate!

truebff  Hope that you had a great birthday  

Hugs and Happy Weekend ~ 

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited April 2012

Hi All you inspiring ladies! Thanks for that! And thanks for the wishes as I had a wonderful happy happy birthday!

• vballmom
    vballmom Member Posts: 153
    edited April 2012

Hi everyone.  Checking in - today I am happy I got off the couch.  Walked to the end of the block and back, and then around the yard.  I thought the re-excision would be easier than the lumpectomy, but I am having more pain this time around.  I stopped the meds - they don't seem to help pain and make me all crazy.   I feel like an old lady. Hubby got me in the shower and I was all shaky when I got out.  Geez.  You are all so inspiring and help me to look beyond today.

Teresa

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

Hang in there vball. It will get better. It is smart to walk a little tiny bit & do some light stretches if you can. I had a re-excision too & it was definitely worse the second time around. And I don't do pain pills well either...at least we don't have to worry about becoming drug addicts.....

Did a hard 45 minute FIRM DVD Get Chisel'd and the 15 minute Bonus Feature Kick It Up.

I'm thinking of doing the dangerous (for my diet) thing of making chocolate chip cookies for a sick friend............

• badger
    edited April 2012

hi ladies, I did a bunch of errands today, ate a nice lunch then tried to read but fell asleep and had a lovely long nap.  Slept hard though.  Having a cup of coffee and hearing Voices saying go for a walk yet this afternoon. 

Ruth, I made a small pan of brownies for my DH last week and he ate all but one.  Couldn't keep from eating it for dessert after lunch, now I'm waiting for potential gastric consequences.  I'm hoping it isn't a gut bomb since I haven't had much wheat or sugar in the past few months. But OMG was it good.  If you do make cookies, pls enjoy one for me.

Teresa, good for you doing something today, even if it's just a little it's better than nothing.

OK coffee's just about gone and I think a walk would do me a world of good.  ((hugs)) to all

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited April 2012

vball: take it easy. Glad to see that you felt fine to get activity in today. After my mx and other surgeries, I would set the oven clock for an amount of time and walk around the house. I tried to do this at least 2 - 3x/day. Somedays there was no activity. Your body will let you know when the time is right!

badger: you must have needed your nap! 

Walked/ran at the park during the day. I was nice and sweaty afterwards. What a great feeling! 

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2012

(((vballmon))) Did a Body Combat class this morning and then got a lovely facebook message this afternoon from the instructor saying "I love having you there you bring such happiness to the room" awwww made my heart sing.  Spent the afternoon wahing all the outdoor furniture and cleaning all my pot to get ready for planting ---- summer is a comin' now I'm all dressed and waiting for my neighbor to get here and we're off out to dinner.

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2012

I meant (((vballmom)))  my keyboard needs to be replaced, naw it's not me it's definately the keyboardTongue out

• badger
    edited April 2012

:-)  got out and walked three miles - thanks to The Voices!

Wonderland, I did need the nap but now I can't sleep LOL

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012
    Cheryl, your instructor is correct!!! Smile
  • ruthbru
    edited April 2012

vball 'mon' sounds cool, more Jamaican!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2012

Shop and sculpt today for me;met DD at the mall between her college and home for a little shopping. I did not have a nap so I need to go to bed!

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited April 2012

Did 45 mins of walk/jog yesterday (workout #3 on the Couch to 5K).  The weather was beautiful, which helped keep me motivated for sure.  Hoping to climb steps today and maybe lift weights at the gym.

Have a great Sunday, everyone! 

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2012

NancyH, you are awesome :)

Cheryl, I agree with the instructor! I would kill to do a little combat with you :)

(((vball))), take it easy on yourself. Do what you can and listen to your body.

I have had zero exercise since Weds. tick infested walk. End of term at school, had residency this weekend and presented on my topic, Yoga as a Healing Modality. I spoke about the science of yoga, talked about how yoga has helped in my own healing process, and then I led the group in Sun Salutations and the Warrior Series. I actually kind of like leading a group.....perhaps teacher training? In any event, it was a very meaningful study and I took so much away from it.

Going to a two hour yoga class tonight !

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2012

have not done much in the last few days.  Yesterday was consumed with in law drama and DH consumed me today helping him with work.  My weekend is gone.

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited April 2012

Joy: I think the good thoughts you sent my way helped!  I have managed to do some very slow jogging the last couple of days. Minimal pain and only on the outside of the knee. Since it has now been six weeks I'm thinking it was probably a stress fracture which is now almost healed.  Thanks again--

• badger
    edited April 2012

hi ladies, I started my day with an hour of yoga and also took a 4-mile walk this afternoon.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

15 minutes of toning with Richard Simmons, and a beautiful hour long walk with a friend.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited April 2012

10 mile run with tons of hills. Feels good to finally be myself again! Then we watched the movie 50-50. Kind of hit home, but in a good way. :)

• tracie23
    tracie23 Member Posts: 214
    edited April 2012

Hi Ladies, I was wondering if I could join your thread?