Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2012

G'Morning All.  It's a fine but cold day here - warm temps coming this weekend, it's about time!

Had my first "bluff" run yesterday.  It was going well when 10 minutes in, my dog got distracted and stopped in her tracks to sniff - couldn't get her going again.  Since running with the dog isn't an option, I'll get out there on my own again.  It felt good, heart rate seemed right - looks like running might be in my future!  

NWArtLady  Great picture of your park and benches - I would be out there all of the time too! 

Balsie  For osteopenia - weight bearing exercises as mentioned, you can work up to hand weights for upper body strengthening but take it very easy at first if this is new.  The wrists and hip joint/femur are prone to weaken from osteopenia/osteoporosis.  Active walking, standing squats are also good. Avoid loaded flexion of the spine.   PM me if you'd like - I have worked with osteopenia/porosis clients, in my pilates practice.  

NatsFan  Great article!

Will do jump board and a reformer session this afternoon.

Hugs ~  

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2012

hi ladies, just a fly-by this morning, will get back and read the article you posted, Mary.

Walked 2.5 miles yesterday plus vinyasa flow yoga class last night.  Misswim, an hour and a quarter wiped me out, good for you for going two hours at a masters-level class!

Welcome bedo and good luck today, Nancy!  ((hugs)) to all

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2012

Thanks for all the info on bones....I should say even though I have had bone loss I am still in the good category (No osteopenia) but for me he was alarmed because I have had such good bones.  So I will ramp it up.  I do weight bearing exercises and walk my buns off do pilates and Kettle bells. Do you think that gals on A take a hit the first year and then it evens off?  Looking forward to taking care of this problem before it gets out of hand.  Thanks gals you are wonderful! 

Blessing Balsie 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited April 2012

Also eat a serving of prunes every day....very good for the bones (and colon as a side benefit).

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited April 2012

Hi all-

Been exercising faithfully; just checking in to say I am IN for the Chicago Sculpted Sisters!

I'm gonna check out the flights now!  I love Chicago!

Balsie, I am definitely in osteopeniaville!  I keep losing bone every year, but that was happening before AI.  I work like crazy to keep 'em strong-calicium, weight bearing running and walking, and lots of spinal decompression exercises.  Yoga is great for that-giving space in the spine so the vertebrae don't collapse on each other. I'm due for another bone denisty scan in July.  It's just another reason we need the voices!

XO

Kim 

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

Awesome, Kim!!! I will PM you tonight. We will try to coordinate flight times for people who are flying in. Myabe you can Cheryl can pre-party on the same flight!!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2012

nwartlady-so sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad.  Mine died many years ago and I still miss him.

Joy-woohoo on the loose pants

nancy-good luck on the gamma knife

I went to the PS yesterday and got my first fills and had no problems.  Also went to the endocronologist to get my hormones checked.  I expect they are fine as I have been feeling really good lately. After I got home I did my 3 mile walk as the PS released me for most exercising still not plank push ups in yoga or heavy weights for 3 more weeks.  Today was busy and walked my 3 miles and this afternoon had to take a nap.  I am going back to work part time starting tomorrow for the rest of the week I sure hope I make it.

Ruth the trip in July sounds like so much fun but I know this year is out for me.  I remember last year when you all did the trip.  Hopefully I can swing it next year.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

Sherry, next year FOR SURE!

Lovely again today. Walked for an hour out by the soccer fields where all the kids were practicing...brought back memories of when DS was very little & DH was the soccer coach & I his assistant (which meant I made sure everyone got equal playing time & brought out the treats between periods).

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2012

Walked for 30 minutes along the local river trail; seems to be helping these stiff joints. It is helping that we have longer before it gets dark; makes it easier to fit it in.

Late night meetings and school events the next two nights so we will have to see what I can get done...

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2012

Walked 1 hour tonight~ beautiful night~ love that we are having nice weather! Came home and lifted weights and did some core work.  Hump day tomorrow! 

So happy I have you gals in my life Smile Balsie 

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

Ditto!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2012

Thinking of you Nancy, good luck tomorrow. Hi Tracie welcome to the group, and welcome back plymouthpeople. Woohoo for loose pants Joy. Mary great article I can just picture you tossing your head of tousled hair and crossing that finish lineTongue out. Misswim congratulations on accomplishing your goals. Bedo it's great that you're in a group I think it makes it fun. Blessings I am so impressed by your trainer, researching and planning to help you - he gets two thumbs up from me. Yeah Kim so glad you're going to join us.

Tonight did two classes Step and Combat and last night did a Spin class but on sunday I was crossing the road and stepped off the curb into a hole and I think I've either sprained or broken my toes cause my right foot hurts like the dickens so I'm sitting here with an ice pack and feeling sorry for myselfCry.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited April 2012

Oh hbcheryl, I hope your foot isn't broken!

Nordic dog walking for me this morning! 

'night everyone... zzzzzzzz.......

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

Cheryl, behave yourself!!!! Stay off your foot if it hurts......

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2012

Cheryl - be careful!!

Yoga class last night, plus I ran the 2-mile round trip to the class.  30 minutes elliptical this morning.  I really really really hate getting up an hour earlier in the morning to get in that exercise, but it feels soooo good for the rest of the day when I make myself do it.  Innocent  

• LuvLulu07
    edited April 2012

cheryl   ouch - take care!   Hope it's not broken -

Sore from pilates yesterday, a good sore.  Had a long hike with my favorite furry friend - am realizing that running with her is unrealistic, which is okay.  But I will make an effort to get out on my own to start a run program. 

Hugs and Happy Hump Day ~

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2012
    By the way, for the t-shirt ladies - they've been ordered!  I'll be taking your checks to the bank this week, so they'll start clearing soon. The shirts should arrive sometime around May 9, and I'll start shipping them out.  I can't wait to see them.  We're all going to be so pretty!  Cool
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2012

hi all, it was a crazy busy today so I didn't get a noon walk, but didn't sit down a lot either.

Cheryl, ouch, that hurts just thinking about it!  Would it do any good to say take it easy? :-)

Mary, yay to the sculpted sisterhood shirts, I am looking forward to wearing mine.

BTW I read and loved the article about the 5K or should I say 5Ks ~ you go girl!

With great appreciation to all the fab. people who post here!!!  ((hugs)) to all

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited April 2012

Cheryl: so sorry about your foot! Keep up posted.

Walked/ran at the park tonight. Temperature was 66 degrees. Nice! 

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited April 2012

Cheryl, get your foot checked out.  I broke a toe once; my foot swelled up so much I had to wear a slipper for a while. But the doc just taped the toe to the one next to it. It took a few weeks to heal and the pain wasn't that bad.  Best of luck --

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited April 2012

Ouch, Cheryl!  Sounds painful, hope it isn't anything serious.

Wonderland, your walk/run tonight sounds great, I'm jeaolous of your weather. 

Reading all you gals' posts is inspiring me...almost enough to get me off the sofa for a walk tonight, but between the rain and recovering from gamma knife, I'm cutting myself a break and cuddling up with a cup of tea.  Thanks for your well wishes, it went fine.  The docs/nurses took really good care of me (hubby too for that matter).   I had a pretty awful headache, nausea/vomitting last night, but am a new person today and even managed to make it in for a partial day in the office.  I have to say, the technology is a-ma-zing.  Walk in one day with a malignant brain tumor, walk out the same day, with nothing more than a few sore spots on my head and a headache.  Blows my mind, no pun intended.  :-)

Tomorrow I will attempt to pick back up with my jog/walking C25K.  Sure enjoy being part of this thread. 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited April 2012

nancy: wish I could send you our pretty weather! Enjoy your cup of tea. You so deserve it.

• ginger48
    edited April 2012

Psyched for the shirts.

Cheryl- ouch! I hope it is better soon.

I had meetings at school till 8 tonight but took my lunch half hour and went walking so I could fit it in.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited April 2012

Cheryl, hope your foot is OK.

Looking forward to getting my shirt!

Not sure about my plans for this summer and getting to Chicago, but I'll see as the time gets closer. My husband travels there every couple weeks, and I do have a friend from HS who I was hoping to visit sometime soon, so maybe it will work.

Oh, but I have big news today: the NYC Marathon lottery was today, and I got in!! The race itself is November 4, so I've got time to train for it... but getting in via the lottery is HUGE! I'm so very excited! :) 

• ruthbru
    edited April 2012

Nancy, so glad you are doing O.K.

Esther, congratulations on winning the lottery....very exciting!

I had a long meeting after work; zipped home & did 30 minutes of toning before I went to my Book Club where I drank wine, ate French Silk Pie & mixed nuts. I am going to do 15 minutes of abs as soon as I check out of here (now that I wrote it, I will have to do it).

Good Night, ladies!

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited April 2012

Esther, that's so cool!  Seriously, that is huge!!! 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2012

Thank you everyone for the good wishes, I did go to the doctor today and my toes are sprained - I kind of knew that as I had broken toes a couple of years ago (fell out of bed while I was on vacation) and Greta yup all they did then was tape the toes together anyways got told to do exactly what I had been doing Naproxin and ice.

Nancy so glad you got that booger zapped, you deserve a day to sit and have your cuppa, and if you're anything like me there are a couple of cookies to dunk in that teaKiss  Orangemat congrats on the lottery win, you must be walking or rather running on air.

Badger you know me well, no way could I stay out of the gym, my favourite spin instructor has taken over the wednesday night class, I did tell her about my toes and she told me not to do the jumps, I made it to 45 minutes and then I took my shoe off and kept going oh how I love to spin. Ruth I really want to join your book club - just for the dessertsTongue out

• LuvLulu07
    edited April 2012

nancyh  Glad that you are doing well.  

Esther  Great news on the marathon lottery!!

cheryl  Wow - sprained toes and 45+ minutes of spin, anyway - go girl!

ruth  Chicago sounds like so much fun but I unfortunately won't be able to make it.  Would love to see pics though! 

Will have a walk/hike with friends this morning in the hills.  This afternoon I will try another bluff run by myself.  It's a beautiful clear morning, a good day for a run.  

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited April 2012

Nancy, I'm so glad things went well with the gamma knife!! Sounds like you'll be jogging again in no time. Today was not the day to get out anyway - the rain got pretty intense there a few times!

No Nordic dog walking for me today - I had to be at an early morning meeting. We'll be out there tomorrow!!

• ginger48
    edited April 2012

Nancy- wow! Not sure how I missed your post but went back and read it. Brain surgery and you are planning to get back to c25k right away? That is unbelievable! Amazing!