Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited May 2012

I haven't popped in here for a while but hope to do so more. I've been walking regularly, and doing some stretching. Still having issues with fatigue 4+ months out from chemo. Today I walked a brisk 45 minutes, and two hours later the fatigue and chemo brain overcame me and I spent about 3 hours being a total zombie. I didn't feel like I overdid it, but I guess I did.

Hoping to continue with daily walks, maybe move them to late in the day or even after dinner so that any rebound fatigue doesn't impact my work day. I figure in another month it will be too hot to walk except for very early or late; at that point I may make attempt #3 at the C25K program since I do that on the treadmill in the A/C.

Also hoping to get back to the Saturday free yoga classes at the cancer support center...I was much more limber when I was going there regularly.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited May 2012

Hey, it's me and patoo, cool! We had a lovely time at lunch, the afternoon that would not end.... no one wanted to go home! Can't wait to see everyone again, and spend even more time chatting with all my newest BFFs.

I ran my 4 recovery miles this morning and now I'm debating going to yoga again, just like last week. Mixed level class 30 minutes away at 7:15pm vs basic level class 45 minutes away at 7:45pm. Pretty much a no-brainer, I know... but at least I'm going!

Hugs to all :) 

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited May 2012

30 minutes of nordic dog-walking: now with 3 dogs!!

Thanks for the hugs and good wishes ladies, they really help.

Great photos ronqt1!  Thanks for sharing.

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited May 2012

2 hours walking around the hood.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2012

NJ girls looked like you all had a great time.

I got in a half hour of walking most days this past week. Yesterday was the big school fair and I was really busy for about 5 hours managing the little kid's games. I was exhausted at the end of it! So I did not walk yesterday.

On a positive note; my painful joints have gotten so much better. Not sure if it is because my letrozole came from a different manufacturer this time or if it is the walking or a combination of the two. On another thread some people have been commenting that they have different symptoms from different manufacturers of the same drug. I will keep up the walking because it feels good!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited May 2012

AWESOME picture Patoo and Esther!!! Both of you are so beautiful.

Ronna, are you in the other picture?

I was able to fit in my walk/ran at the park this evening before my 6:30pm meeting. Felt good!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2012

Girls, what great pictures! Esther and Patoo, looking amazing !!!

Took a three mile walk tonight. Did a quick yoga DVD with my husband (who NEVER does yoga) this morning. He was inspired by my experience at the immersion.

I forgot to mention that part of the immersion was discussion- I stood up and talked about how my last year was spent fighting breast cancer, and that yoga has been such an important part of my recovery. It was very powerful and boy did it feel good to get that thunderous round of applause. But what was more special was that I had 4 women, ages 31-55, all survivors, all doing well, come up and embrace me, and give me so much hope! It was so moving, such a lifechanging day.

We had to call out the names of people we are thankful for when getting into headstand...... and I called out "my sister voices". Thank you for inspiring me each day!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2012

Great Pics!!!  Glad you guys had fun!

Had to cut our walk a little shorter this morning as it started raining.  I just don't want my Mom walking out in the rain.... now maybe if it was warmer?  Undecided

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited May 2012
    45 minutes on the treadmill & 15 toning.....then I was off to a long, long, long, boring, boring, boring meeting. I am thankful for my sister voices even when I am not standing on my head Laughing!
  • misswim
    edited May 2012
    Ruth, LOL! I am thankful for my sister voices in any position Wink!
  • hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2012

NW Art I am so sorry about you fur baby (((HUG)))   Patoo & Orangemat great photo, sounds like you girls had fun, I met with the San Diego girls on sunday for lunch and had a great time.  Tonight I did my crazy spin class, I was super tired I could have just come home from work and gone to bed but obviously I heard Misswims "shout out"Smile

I am flying to Denver on thursday to drive with Hannah home from college, can say I'm not looking forward to 1000 miles in a "packed to the gills" car, was supposed to go to Kansas but she left it too late and the flights are way too exoensive so she'll drive the first leg on her own and then it'll be "road trip"

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

Great pics! Looked like a lot of fun.

Didn't make my goal of 45 minutes walking/running at the gym. 30 minutes did it for me. I should give myself more time but I always seem to be rushing to do something else. At least I got about an hour of biking while doing errands around town.

Have fun on your road trip, hbcheryl. Bonding time should be good! Can't wait until my daughter learns to drive.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

hi ladies, welcome cancerstinks, and welcome back cfdr.

Love the pix of the NJ gals!  

Monday evening yoga class ended last week so I walked after work. 

Safe travels, Cheryl.  ((hugs)) to all

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2012

Did week 1 day3 of couch 2 5k yesterday, and my knees are killing me - still hurt today.  Off to running shoe store at lunch to see if a new pair of shoes will help.  Pretty discouraging.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2012

Get really good shoes & maybe some inserts too.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2012

Looks like the NJ gals had a great time! I love seeing all the happy strong confident faces around the table - you gals rock!!  NW - so sorry about your furbaby - it's so hard to know that the end is coming for our beloved companions.  CS - welcome!  Do what you can, but take care of yourself too.  Nancy - about getting up in the morning -  I HATE to get up in the morning, but I finally realized that I'm much more likely to exercise any given day if I do it first thing.  I started slowly by getting up 15 minutes earlier and doing a 10 minute walk or other quick exercise.  Gradually I worked up to being able to get up a full hour early.  I also make myself go to bed earlier to make up for that hour.  I still get thrown for a loop during the "spring forward" time change and it takes me a couple of weeks to work back up to getting up an hour early.  On the other hand, I LOVE the "fall back" time change with a bonus hour of sleep. Cool  

Did 2 solid days of Garden N Sculpt at the cabin - it's so lush up there that it's a constant battle against the woods and underbrush to keep the gardens cleared!  I am still sore 2 days later, but it's starting to look really good.  Then after all that we had a Sunday night Nats Game against the Evil Phillies Surprised and I wasn't going to miss that!  (For you baseball fans, it was the game where Hamels intentionally hit Harper - boooooooooo!).  At least I've learned with Femara that I only have so much in the energy well and can plan ahead when the well is going to run dry.  So, knowing that we'd work hard at the cabin and have the night game Sunday, I put in for leave to take Monday afternoon off.  After a morning's work yesterday I went home, took a nap, woke up at 4, and then headed to the local nail place and treated myself to the luxury pedicure - sugar scrup, paraffin, hot stones, topped off with robin's egg blue polish.  Aahhhhhhhhhhh.  

Ran 2.25 miles this morning on my revived feet!  

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited May 2012

Welcome CS (I like ruths abbr).  Glad to see your energy level is coming back.  Just listen to your body.

The NJ get together sounds like everyone had a great time.  Love the picture of Ester and Patoo

I worked in the garden and my flower beds this weekend.  Yesterday was yoga class and another lady from my class and I went for a walk before hand.  She walks fast which is good but she has much longer legs that me and boy was I pumping it to keep up with her.  Then we had a great yoga class.  I am still restricted from pec work but I did alternatives.  Our instructor is going to Hawaii this summer and wants her abs looking great so guess what we worked hard last night?

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited May 2012

Oh hello sweet girls!

Been MIA in Tahoe, but got back and was SO happy to see these pics!  I'm going to beg you guys again for step by step instructions on HOW TO POST PICS on here.  I am usually good on this kind of stuff but can not figure it out!

Truebff, I sent you a PM today.

I'm so excited about meeting up in Chicago!  

In Tahoe, we hiked 5 miles each day.  My bad knee swelled up, so I wasn't able to run when I got home, but I'm good today.  

I will never catch up so hi everyone and hope you are all having a great Tuesday.

Kim 

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited May 2012

Sorry to complain, I don't like change, am not computer up to date literate, love things simple. 

However, I went to gym today, 15 minutes on eliptical, 10 minutes on treadmill, and a few machines. Gym is pushing their personal trainers. After 10 plus years of personal training, I asked the owner if I could have a pt for 2 free sessions. He laughed and said are you going to test him?????

Orangemat got me out of the house yesterday for a couch to a 30 second walk, then run. She is quite the inspiration. I can't figure out how to upload the rest of my pics of the NJ get together.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Sorry for the complaining about change. Hate it. Creature of habit.

Hugs,

• ronqt1
    edited May 2012

I can't even get my new avatar up. Trying...

Hugs, I guess today is complain day.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2012

Good hike/jog today for 45 minutes - the weather was great, temps were in the 60's!  And spent an hour digging up dandelions in the yard - lots more to go but I got a good head start on them this morning.  

Love the pic of the NJ ladies!

Happy travels, cheryl.   

• ruthbru
    edited May 2012
    I don't like it either, and don't have time to fiddle with it right now Yell
  • ronqt1
    edited May 2012

This is like Timeline on Facebook. Just horrible. Too impersonal.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2012

Go to one of the whatever they are called now (posts still?) amd complain. It is also wasting a third of my screen and making everyone's avators really tiny.

Did an hour's worth of two FIRM toning DVDs.

• wonderland
    edited May 2012

Well, something that only needed a little fixing is now broken. Don't like it at all. Yell

Fast walked/ran tonight in high humidity at the park. Miserable. Then came home to these "improvements." Yell again. 

• ruthbru
    edited May 2012

I know, I have been playing around on here for an hour and now I am more frustrated and my eyes hurt. I don't know how new people will be able to find anything!

• wonderland
    edited May 2012

Exactly, Ruth.

• misswim
    edited May 2012

This format is just weird, it is kind of headache inducing!

90 Minutes hot yoga tonight.

• Lagata1276
    Lagata1276 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2012

So I leave the site for a couple of days and it's all changed!

I'm thinking I may have joined this thread too soon. I can't really do any exercise. We went on a short road trip to see a Yankees game on Sunday. I got up to get us water after the sixth inning and once I climbed the flight of stadium stairs, I was shaking, breathing hard, and just scared. Today's two weeks post-op so maybe I'm just freaking out. I'm so glad I have my follow up appointment with BS tomorrow so hopefully he will ease my concern.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2012

Does anyone know how to get rid of all the articles that have nothing to do with us that are listed on on profile now? It says save or archive...how do we delete them?