Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2012

Walked about 4 miles around Boston with my mom-in-law, bought the worlds cutest shoes!!! We then went for a swim and a soak in the hot tub. Now just relaxing and getting ready for tomorrow's long day of yoga!!!  A dear friend I have not seen in 10 years is meeting me for dessert in about an hour! Fun

Night girls, hugs to all.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2012

Just went for a nice walk after work, about 2.5 miles.  Have a busy weekend but may be able to get in some gym/walk/jog work. 

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited May 2012

Esther, a belated Happy Birthday. I am 63, but started seriously with the gym at 50.

Zumba girl, I did two classes in a row, (high intensity) and learned a big lesson, never again two in a row. Hope you are feeling better.

Lagata, maybe tomorrow I will "push" to get to gym. Thanks for the push, No classes just machinses.

Had a migraine all day so I stayed in bed, just got up.

Hugs to all and look forward to the Sunday NJ gathering.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2012

NatsFan  Mmm - Mexican.  Happy Cinco de Mayo!

ruth  It doesn't seem that there is a lazy bone in your body!   

misswim  Ahhhh - cute shoes.  I love shoe shopping - can't wait to get to the States and get new ones.  My DD will be with me - double the fun.   If I could wear the same clothes over and over and just get new shoes, I would be very content!!  

ronqt1  Hope the migraine goes away soon   

Off to school for athletics - DS is running several track events and DS playing volleyball.  It's a beautiful day today.   Planting flowers, cleaning the garage later this afternoon.  Hopefully a slow jog later.  It's a few degrees cooler today  Laughing

Hugs and Happy Weekend ~ 

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited May 2012

Thank you everyone so much for the birthday wishes! I had a lovely birthday, very low key, which is perfect for me.

Today is my rest day from running, and I overslept, so I don't have any options left for yoga classes. It's rather wet out, but I might take my bike out for a ride in the park later on. 

Have a great weekend, everyone! 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited May 2012

Hi, I am off to work in a few minutes where I will work on FINAL TESTS and other end of the year 'stuff'. Last night I zoomed home, did 15 on the treadmill, 45 FIRM SCULPT & then went to a retirement party, tonight is a graduation party.....so it must be spring! I will do something after the weekly 'Coffee with Dad at the Nursing Home' this afternoon. Have a great Saturday all!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited May 2012

Blessings, that is so great to hear. It is wonderful that you hung in there and found your groove again. Upwards and onwards!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

Got a nice walk in the woods yesterday with DD. Today it was back to the gym. Did a lot of upper body work.

Nancy, you are doing great!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

Heidi, you are doing great too ~ 81 miles already! 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2012
    Spent most of the morning working on opening the pool - filling it the rest of the way now!! Can't wait to start running in it again this year!  Now must get ready to go visit my brand new great niece or nephew at the hospital..... don't know which yet.... not quite delivered!  Surprised
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited May 2012
    Spent most of the day digging up my garden.I think my back has something to say now.Yell
  • ruthbru
    edited May 2012

Walked for an hour, might do a little abs before I go out.

• patoo
    edited May 2012

Put in about 2.3 miles walking around with friends today.  Then undid it by stopping at a smorgasbord and eating myself silly.  Tomorrow meeting up with NJ sisters so can't promise to eat any better but may try to get in a jog/walk or gym time if we break up early enough.

Maybe I'll do some walk/jog in place before bed tonight.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2012

Walked for 40 minutes with a couple short jogs. I can only jog about 15 or 20 seconds at this point but it does increase my heartbeat and the "sweat factor".

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited May 2012

Did some walking today, taking my new JRT out to be socialized.  He's 6-7 years old but not very good about quietly meeting other dogs - he's too excited! I haven't been doing too much lately-recently got some bad news about our beloved Beagle... he's been diagnosed with you-know-what and we're just devastated. 2 deaths in the family in the past 3 months + my diagnosis and treatment and now this.

Sorry to be a bummer, folks. Just wanted to let you know why I haven't been around lately. I keep your voices in my head and it gets me out when I can.

• WellWater
    WellWater Member Posts: 4,524
    edited May 2012

Had a great workout at the gym yesterday.....40 mins weight machines, 45 mins treadmill and 30 mins swimming....today I'm just going to walk for a mile or so.

For anyone suffering with arthritis.....I cannot advocate swimming enough, even just walking in the pool.  I end every work out at the health club with a swim, it's like a miracle cure for my OA.  Whenever it kicks up, I spend more time in the pool.  

Have a wonderful day!

• misswim
    edited May 2012

7 hours of hot yoga yesterday. I am cooked....

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

hi ladies, walked 3.4 miles yesterday at sunset and did 90 minutes of yoga this morning.

Been reading the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy most of the day, getting loads of laundry done in between chapters.

Just 100 more pages to go, take me a couple hours if I buckle down and read.  Supper's TCO, I made a pot of chili last night. 

I may walk later, but now I'm headed back to my book.  I'd like to pass it along tomorrow.

• CancerStinks
    CancerStinks Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2012

On Tuesday, I will be one month out from radiation.  My mind was willing but my body was not and I started out far too ambitiously after rads and crashed.  I reevaluated and last week promised myself the gift of swim 5 days out of 7. I didn't have to actually log miles, but could just paddle around if that is what I wanted to do.  I just told myself I had two whinny  "I don't wanna"s out of the week.   And of course, you know what happened:  I went all seven days, logged mileage on 6 of them and loved ever stroke, both the slow and the speedy.  I know it is my imagination, but I swear my arms are toner; I am so vain and try to catch my reflection in the mirrored elevator doors at the office to see if any of the definition is returning!  I can't see my backside so who cares what it looks like as long as the gun show is in town!  I'm shooting (ha!) for another 5 days this week.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited May 2012

cancerstinks: Welcome and congratulations for finishing your rads. Sounds like your energy is returning quickly!

misswim: I bet you do feel cooked!

Fast walked/ran at the park this evening. Less humidity in the air sure makes a difference. 

• misswim
    edited May 2012

Cancerstinks- Good for you girl! I love to swim, need to do more of it.

I don't know what I was thinking, but a friend dragged me to a master vinyasa class tonight. I actually feel less sore than I did after the yoga conference. However, I will be a hurting unit tomorrow!

Planning on a nice easy walk tomorrow. On a positive note, I weighed my self when I got home and I was 4 lbs lighter! All that hot yoga was good for something :)Wink

• ruthbru
    edited May 2012

NWArt, so sorry about your doggie.

Welcome CS (don't know how to abbreviate your screen name. Neither 'cancer' nor 'stinks' seem like very good options!). Exercise will help you bounce back so much quicker.

Did some various toning activities today. A really, really old Richard Simmons tape by the name of ' No Ifs, Ands or Butts; a 15 minute section of toning & stretches from a Dancing With the Stars DVD and a 30 minute pilates DVD. All very light and peaceful.

• patoo
    edited May 2012

Exercised my jaw muscles this afternoon at lunch with 18 sisters from BCo.  (Thanks NJ sisters for a great lunch).  Now really have to get serious about eating and exercise.  That's my new year's resolution that's starting May 6th.  (hey, a year can start anytime!)

Night my sculpted friends.

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited May 2012

Got in a run/walk on the C25K yesterday - 45 minutes total with some 5 min jogs and 1 - 2 minute walks for a total of 45 minutes.  Today I hit the gym for about 25 mins of weights...felt great. 

I do okay on the weekends, but lose heart during the week.  Any tips for getting up before work to work out?  I'm too lazy when I get home, plus busy getting dinner ready, etc.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

Thanks, badger, even if you left me in the dust long ago with almost 300 miles!

Nancy, I'm not a morning person so can't help you there. I do take off one evening a week for Zumba. I skip dinner sometimes but prepare something beforehand which can be popped into the microwave for the rest of the family.

Thirty minutes of cardio and 25 minutes of weights and 5 stretching, plus 10 minutes biking uphill. I'll try to do 45 minutes of cardio today.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2012

Rainy day today - we really need it.  I see a river of yellow pollen in the street,  this will thankfully clear the air a bit. 

Had coffee with a BC friend this morning - we've gone through surgery and tx at about the same time.  It's so good to meet and chat with her.  She is moving away this summer, I will really miss her. 

NWArtLady   So sorry to hear about your beagle.  You have had quite a few months.   ((hugs))

nancyh    Can you pop in an exercise DVD before work?  There are some good ones out there.  That way you don't really have to get dressed, drive anywhere, or leave your house.  Even a few minutes makes a difference.   Or can you get in a workout at lunchtime? 

No outside activity today - pilates reformer and either jump board or Zumba. 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2012

Cancerstinks - loved the image of you admiring your guns!  I'm nowhere near having guns yet, but working on it!

Friday I did day 2 week 1 of couch to 5k.  Felt a little better than day 1, but my pace was also slower, probably because I ran alone and not with my friend.  Today I'm planning on day 3.  Yesterday was another Diva Dash group workout, our leader mixes things up every session.  This one concentrated on arms, shoulders and chest, mixed up with some cardio, and finishing with planks.  Feeling those arms and stomach muscles today! Two cinco de mayo parties this weekend, so I need to buckle down this week watching the calories.

• ronqt1
    edited May 2012

Well some of us did meet yesterday. So great, Candie, Esther, Patoo, and other gals who don't post on this thread. What a wonderful afternoon. Now to figure out how to get pics up.

Hugs.

• ronqt1
    edited May 2012
  • ronqt1
    edited May 2012