Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited May 2012

Nobody knows yet.....that is making me mad, along with the fact I have 50 e-mail notifications even though I clicked 'remove e-mail notifications' several hours ago. GRRRRRRR

Diana, hang in there. It is a slow process.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2012

Body Step class tonight but only done at half pace, I don't know about anyone else but I'm finding the new color on the site is very hard to read!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited May 2012

Horrible, gives me a headache.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

Today is already better in terms of adjusting to the new format. Or maybe it was just the iPad that was a problem.

Did Zumba last night. This time I didn't leave early. I warmed up my knee for about an hour before while exercising my lungs singing Karaoke.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited May 2012

I have a direct link saved to My Favorite Topics, so that's the only place I ever go to. If there are new posts in any of these threads, a number in red is there and I click the thread name, read it, and that's it. I don't really go anywhere else on BCO, so in that way I've kept it simple for myself all along. Sorry to hear everyone else is having such problems with the new format. Haven't tried pasting a picture or text or anything else yet.

I wanted to report that I went to the LE therapist yesterday because I'd noticed my upper arm and into the armpit area were a bit too puffy last week, to the point where I couldn't wear a long sleeved shirt I had put on. I've been upping the activity at yoga class lately, so I was a touch concerned... anyway, long story short, it's not LE so I'm very happy! No fluid at all, just deconditioned latissimus dorsi muscles on that side. The LE therapist wrote up a recommendation for my regular PT for that, and hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be toned enough to fit back into my long sleeved shirts -- just in time for the heat of the summer! Wink But seriously, I am quite relieved.

7 miles at the track yesterday with my coach. I have a race this Sunday, a 10k. Let's hope all this work I'm doing with him will finally pay off!

Hugs and happy exercising to all. 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2012

I like seeing other threads, but this new format really restricts your ability to browse.  I fear that it will be much more difficult for newbies especially to get the info they need.

One hour yoga last night, plus 30 minutes weights/core this morning along with 15 minute Lebeds. I'd gotten lax about MLD and Lebeds for my LE and I could tell that my truncal LE was beginning to flare.  Orange - so glad the swelling isn't LE.  Be careful with the yoga - if your arm feels heavy or otherwise feels not right, STOP what you're doing.  \

Legata - I'm a baseball fan and attended a lot of games during active treatment and I agree - those stairs are killers!  A few hints - have someone drop you off at the door if you're driving to the game so you don't spend precious energy walking from the parking lot.  Take it slowly, use the elevators and escalators and not the ramps, let someone else get your food and drinks or use the vendors walking the stands, leave early if you have to (I rarely made it past the 5th inning during chemo) and don't hesitate to go to the first aid station and ask to sit in the air conditioning for an inning or so.   Those little things can really make a difference

• Lagata1276
    Lagata1276 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2012

Thank you Ruth - I will hang in there, you are all truly motivating.

Natsfan - That is the truth! The walk from the car to our seats did tucker me out. Believe me, I found the elevator on the way out. Thanks for the tips.

Esther - good luck on your 10K!

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2012

Hi.  First post.  Hope putting things here will keep me moving!  Couch to 5K week one, day two done.  (c:

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited May 2012

Still aggrevated with the change, and weather being so crappy, I am not doing anything today. Moderators, what are you doing to this wonderful sisterhood??

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited May 2012

Yes, this is one weird thread!  I wonder why people don't do test runs with things before they change them?  Oh well, it's movitating me go get off the computer and go to Pilates...I did yoga yesterday, it was tough!  I'd been away for awhile!

• orangemat
    edited May 2012

Ronna, here ya go.

• ronqt1
    edited May 2012

Esther, thank you so much. All day I tried to post the pic. Moderators, in the morning was Komen event and in the pm, BC.Org.

Here I am "warming up".

Hugs,

• ronqt1
    edited May 2012

Moderators, please no more changes. From someone who is on meds that interfere with my "cognitive abilities" and can affect my moods, and too old for more changes, I beg of you PLEASE MAKE IT EASY FOR US, no more changes.

Thank you.

• orangemat
    edited May 2012

Nice pic!

The process for posting a picture hasn't changed. You upload to a site like photobucket, then paste the direct link into the window from the little tree icon (to the left of the smiley). The difference is that once you do that, you get a blank screen... but not really. Just hit your enter key and the picture will show up, promise!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

hi ladies and welcome Adey.  This is my first post since the changes.  Viewing & posting are OK, I've found everything I've looked for so far.  What I miss is knowing who's around & posting by looking at page 1 of active topics.  I don't have the same sense of community with BCO at-large.  Glad I'm here, though!  

Walked 4 miles yesterday & 3.5 miles so far today.  May head back out for a stroll after supper.

Nice pic Ronna!  ((hugs)) to all

• ruthbru
    edited May 2012

Very nice picture, Ronna!

Welcome Adey, I have always loved your avatar!

I very crabby about the changes too. Very much LESS  friendly, that is for sure (plus I've deleted about 200 notifications from my e-mail account (which I may or may not have figured out now). GRRRR!

Really a beautiful day here. Went for a long walk when I got home from work & now need to get some more school work done.

Happy traveling, Cheryl!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2012

Sculpted Sisterhood T-shirt ladies - the shirts have arrived!!!  I'll get them organized and packed the next couple of nights and my aim is to take them to the PO this weekend.  They look really cool - I think you'll be pleased! Woohoo!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited May 2012
    Cool  Can't wait!
  • orangemat
    edited May 2012

Oh, I was just thinking about the shirts today during my run, and how I was looking forward to running in it soon! Yay!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2012

So excited!! I want to wear my shirt in my Avon Walk next weekend !!! Thanks so much Mary!!!

Went to hot yoga, have gone every day since my weekend seminar. Tonight I hit the wall. Every part of my body was trembling, I was slipping out of poses, and I basicaaly just felt a mess. My body was letting me know to give it a break!

Tomorrow, rest.

Have great night girls! Ronna, great photo :)

• Lagata1276
    Lagata1276 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2012

Hi all! Follow up with my BS went well today! He listened to my concerns with the shortness of breath and with my history of DVTs, he ordered a chest X-ray. Thankfully everything was normal; he thought I should practice expanding my lungs more as I normally am a shallow breather. The best news, he cleared me for exercise!! I am very relieved as I'm going on vacation Friday and although I won't be hiking the rain forest, I can certainly sit on a beach. I do plan on a walk tomorrow. Busy doing laundry tonight so I'll do some sit ups and stretching in between.

Great pic Ronna! I'm going to have to post my avatar upon my return.

NatsFan - can you post a pic of the tees?

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2012

Great News Mary!!  Can't wait.

I have been unable to walk yesterday and today as I have been treating a corn (possible wart?) on my toe and it rubs in my shoes!!  I'm hoping I can get out again tomorrow (if no rain), and will wear my walking sandals again. 

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited May 2012

I walked 1 hour and 15 minutes today, moderate pace. Very tired afterwards; had to take a nap. I'm thinking I am going to try doing two 20-minute walks a day and see if I can do that without it triggering fatigue. Exercise is supposed to be good for me; why is it turning me into such a zombie??

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2012

NatsFan- my truncal LE has flared up also. I think it might be this damp weather. I went for my LE appt and now I put back on the compression bra I got after surgery. Hoping it helps.

Esther-glad you don't have LE.

Patoo- nice picture

Can't wait to see the shirt!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

Mary - looking forward to it!

cfdr - 1.25 hours is a long walk, maybe you're doing too much too soon?   

Diana, may I suggest a gentle yoga class?  I love the part where all we do is relax and breathe.

Tonight I took a virtual walk with a BCO sister in Australia!  By coincidence, we were both finishing a cup of coffee (hers was w/breakfast and mine was w/supper) and putting on our shoes to take a walk, when we posted to our shared chemo thread.  What fun knowing someone halfway around the world is doing the same things at the same time that you are!  Really brightened up my walk.

'night my sculpted friends!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2012
    I'm not sure i like the new format either, I don't think it's user friendly for newbies, seems hard to find things.  Welcome Adey, yup writing it down does help.  Mary can hardly wait to see the shirt.  What a lovely picture Ronna looks like you were having fun.  Thanks Ruth I'm off to Denver in the morning and if the kid has her way we'll be back in California on a straight shot, me I'm more inclined to want to stop somewhere in Utah tomorrow night or even Vegas baby and then drive home friday ... who knows what we'll end up doing, just know we'll have fun together and I'm taking my Nook so I can read and play games if I get boredSealed
  • heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

Did 4 miles total on the treadmill yesterday and today. I'm slowly raising my cardio time (currently 35 minutes) and getting a lot sweatier. I'll be needing two towels soon.

Can't wait for the t-shirts!

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited May 2012

1.25 hours wasn't long for me pre-chemo, I've always been an avid hiker. I had cut down and worked back up but again the fatigue kicked in. I'm going to try sticking to very light (moderate pace, 20 minutes max) walks for a while, and start doing yoga again. Very frustrated as I love to walk, and want to lower my cholesterol as well as prevent a recurrence of BC. I don't have trouble doing the exercise, but I get a backlash afterwards that lasts for hours or even days.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited May 2012

Just got the call that my endo biopsy was ok.Thank god.

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2012

Yay for mumito!  I just had one yesterday.