Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

Walked this morning before my eye appt, and good thing too.  They dialated my pupils and I can't take the sun so I'm housebound for a few hours.  But everything looks good, the repair to retinal tear is holding, and I go back in a year.

Going to go read for a while, maybe nap, then grocery shop once I can see well enough to drive.

Cool

• nancyh
    nancyh Member Posts: 185
    edited May 2012

Just finished a jog/walk on the C25K for a total of 49 minutes including a run of 20 minutes straight!!!  I didn't win any speed records (others can probably walk faster than I was jogging and I was huffing and puffing like I was about to die), but am quite proud of myself.  

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited May 2012

Nancy, that is AWESOME work! Yes, it's not about speed at all, just the endurance (i.e. strength) that you build while going through the program. So proud of you!

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2012

C25K, week one, workout 3, done.  Added 1% incline.

I wanna be like Nancy!  (c:

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2012
    Sculpted Sister T-Shirt Gals - the shirts have been mailed!! I took them to the Post Office today.  The US ladies should get them by mid to late week, so you should have yours for your walk Misswim. Laughing I'm not sure how long it will take for the international onces to get there - I forgot to ask about that.  Embarassed  Cheryl - thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the envelopes and stamps - that really made a difference. 
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited May 2012

Can't wait! Walked for 45 minutes & did 15 minutes of abs.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited May 2012

badger: glad your repair to your retina is still holding!

DH, ds, dd, and I hiked a 4+ mile trail rated strenuous at Hanging Rock State Park today. It was fantastic being with my family!

Happy Mother's Day to All.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2012

Can't wait for the shirt.  Hopefully it will be here for my 5K next Saturday.  Just went to park today and walked after DS treated me to lunch (was so stuffed could do no more than walk - or may have been more like a waddle!?)  Hope to do more tomorrow; need to get to the gym.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2012

Home from my journey, the drive through Colorado was absolutely magnificent stayed at Caesars in Vegas but didn't win our fortune so back to work on monday. 

Got up and went and did Body Combat this morning and then went to the park and walked for 2 miles with my "running" buddies - they ran I walked and then I crashed ths afternoon, sitting in a car for hours on end is exhaustingSmile.

Badger good news on the retina and you're welcome Mary.  

• Lagata1276
    Lagata1276 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2012

Just wanted to let you all know my flight went well. And I have to tell you this... I have bad hair anyway, so I had bought a white hat with the pink ribbon and the ticket counter lady went ahead and upgraded me to exit row seats no charge! She was so nice she made me tear up.

I stretched (avoided alcohol - on the flight), drank a lot of water, and was even able to get my wedding ring off easily.

For exercise today, I did a few backstrokes and treaded water for about three hours total. My bff and I just like to enjoy the ocean in Puerto Rico. I did have to pass on the kayak tour tomorrow! Just more of the same the next three days.

Happy Mothers Day to all of the moms here!!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

Lagata, Puerto Rico sounds lovely, especially if you don't have to worry about LE.

Glad the retina repair is holding up, badger!

hbcheryl, thanks soooooooooo much for the stamps! Mine probably cost the most. I will make good use of it to show my appreciation to you and Mary.Smile

wonderland, hanging rock looks gorgeous.

Nancy and Adey, way to go!

Did weight machines, exercises with a Swiss ball and lots of stretching. Only 10 minutes of cardio on the wave runner. Outside the gym, got a nice walk in the woods with DD.  

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited May 2012

Good morning all. Happy Mom's Day to all Moms and in memory of all Moms.

OrangeMat, I "ran" to the gym this morning to Zumba, Great class with zumba and bollywood dances. So much fun, came home and had a very healthy breakfast, (went there with not having eaten).

Love to all,

Hugs,

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

hi ladies, I did 90 minutes of yoga this morning and just got back from walking 2.8 miles.  ((hugs))

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2012

HI all.  After church went and swam/ran with weights in the pool for an hour.  Going back out now for a walk before a couple of seminars being held at Whole Foods.  Healthy day.

Happy Mom's day to all.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited May 2012
    30 minutes FIRM Cardio Dance Party, 25 FIRM Total Body Time Crunch, 10 of Hit the Spot Thighs with Denise Austin. DS and girlfriend are coming to take us out to supper, so all my exercise will be neutralized, at best!
  • misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2012

So excited, Mary!!! I was just telling my family about the shirts and how proud I will be to wear mine!!!

Mum- Yipee! Thank goodness.

Nancy- You are an INSPIRATION. Go girl.

Hi Gilly!! Welcome!

I have not been walking anywhere near as much as I should. I will get  my butt handed to me next weekend, I know it. But I will walk alot this week and also have gone to yoga 5 nights this week and yesterday morning. As a Mother's Day treat to me, my husband and son went to a begginer yoga class with me this morning. They were very cute. And they will NOT ever be telling me how easy yoga is and that it is not really exercise. They were sweating bullets! Ha!

Happy Mother's Day Ladies!!!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2012

Walked for about an hour today with a tiny jog at the end. Walking at Relay for Life next weekend and have to build up my endurance.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited May 2012

Did 2 hours with my dragon boat team on Saturday - we have a race on May 26!

Husband and I took our 3 dogs hiking today; such a beautiful weekend!  Now I am very, very tired (in the good way).

Nancyh, can you believe this sun we have been having?!?

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

Thirty minutes cardio today. My core was hurting from the previous day's exercises. Managed 22 minutes of running without walking. My pace is still slower than the record of an 86 year old in the 3K. 

Happy training for your events, Ginger48 and NWArtlady!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2012

heidihill  Who cares how fast you're going - the point is, you're going!  

mary and cheryl   Can't wait to see the shirt.  I won't see it until I'm in the States in June, but I look forward to getting good use of it.  Thanks so much for organizing, and for the stamps!   

Ginger48  Yay for that little jog!!   

Had a good jumpboard session last night - as much as I do it, it still kicks my behind every time.  We've had strange dreary, cold rainy weather the past few days - no outside activity this afternoon so I'll get out the Zumba DVD.  

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2012

Getting ready for a late start to walking this morning!  Both my sisters have decided to join my Mom and I this morning, so I am sure it will not be as peaceful a walk as most other mornings!!  BUT, I am sure I will get caught up on all the news!!

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited May 2012

Followed a 40 minute yoga video Saturday and again first thing this morning. Hope yoga will perk me up without fatiguing me. Having some shoulder problems...last year I was in PT for a frozen shoulder (opposite side from surgery, not related); looks like I'll have to start doing those exercises again, too. I'll do them on both sides hoping they will also get the lymph moving.

• Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270
    edited May 2012

Good morning--  just want to post my general exercise for the last few weeks-- not a marathon which is very impressive I must say!!  Go for it!!

My exercise is a bit  more humble...LOL  I finished Navalbine and Taxol about 5 weeks ago and began to feel bettter almost immediately.  i rode my horses throughout the  whole chemo process but since April have been getting stronger and my riding is getting longer and more challenging again.  This past weekend, I rode friday sat and sunday  each for 3 or so hours. yesterday i did alot of trot and canter and felt so much stronger than I have in  what feels like ages.  My immune system got better so i went back to the gym a week or so ago and that is helping.   I am trying to motivate for Yoga and the problem there is finding the time..when I have energy as well.   

Off to meet one of our sisters for the first time (Omaz)-- I am eager to put a face to this very kind online friend!  

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2012

Mary- I came home from school early because my stomach was upset (yuck) and while I was lying around on the couch my daughter brought in the package with my new shirt. I love it and it fits great! Thanks so much for doing it. As soon as I recover from this bug; I will put it on and head out for a good workout.

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2012

What are the shirts from?  Can someone post a picture of one?  Did you all have a get together?  Newbie curiosity!

• NatsFan
    edited May 2012

Ginger - so glad you got the shirt - it's really nice looking isn't it?  And it picked a perfect day to arrive to perk you up when you felt yucky.  Adey - If you've been on this thread a while, you know that we talk about the "Scuplted Sisterhood" and joke that if we don't exercise, we hear The Voices from the thread urging us on to get out there and do something!  About 2 months ago, I idly said that we should get t-shirts.  The idea grew from there, and since it was my idea, I was the coordinator.  Here's what they looked like:  http://www.customink.com/signup/r1qgnso

Borrowed a friend's truck this weekend so cleaned out the garage and took a couple of full truckloads to the dump/recycling station.  Almost 20 years' accumulated junk in the garage - GONE!!  We looked like the Clampetts driving down the street with the truckbed overflowing with junk - all we needed was Granny in the rocking chair on top. Tongue out But it's done and wow, does that feel nice.  I can look in the garage and smile now instead of cringing.  We also got lots of bags of mulch at Home Depot - much easier to take home in a truck!  So I did a lot of good lifting and lugging, but I also ate a lot of junky food this weekend.  Cry  Back on track this morning - 30 minutes elliptical.  

• ronqt1
    edited May 2012

Yay, just got my shirt, and glad I went a size bigger. If I get myself out of house tonight to zumba, I am going to wear it.

Thank you.

Hugs,

• ronqt1
    edited May 2012

No matter hard hard I try, can't post the pic, so if anyone goes into my fb, it is there, can someone please post. I love it. Just got front of it b/c I let the camera connected to computer take it.

Thank you.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2012

Quick fly-by to say just got home from work and my shirt has arrived woohoooo, thank you Mary now I'm off to the gym, back later......

• NatsFan
    edited May 2012

I can't believe the shirts are arriving so quickly - I didn't drop them off to the PO until about 3:30 or 4pm Saturday afternoon.  People are quick to malign the Post Office, but so far I'm quite impressed with the delivery job!