Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2012

Pee-mail!!!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited May 2012

Great news on the biopsy Adey!

Heidi is right, magnesium is the BOMB!  It helps me if I take it before bed, and also 400mg before yoga (cramp city for me if I don't).

Speaking of yoga-I'm back doing it and MAN...is it hard!  But helpful.

Ran again today and yesterday and now headed off for a mile swim...

Later!

Kim 

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2012

Thanks for all the yays!

C25K, week two, workout two, check.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2012
    By the way, if you see any news coverage of the G8 summit at Camp David this weekend, that's 3 miles away from our cabin! Wish us luck getting around with all the security road closures, motorcades, etc. Cool
  • wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited May 2012

Adey: Congratulations!

Mary: Stay clear of the security men!

Ruth: June 2 is right around the corner!

Cheryl: Try to get an earlier appointment, if you can.

Came home early from work today. Pushed mowed for over an hour. Going to our Relay for Life tonight. I don't walk the Survivor lap - would feel too weird doing that. I really enjoy the luminaries that honor loved ones. Very moving. 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2012

Yes, ruth, glad I was sitting down!  Tongue out  Good for you.  It will be fun.

Taking it easy tonight.  I have 5K tomorrow morning so hope the shins and foot are not acting up as I'm slow enough as it is.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

hi ladies and welcome Chickenpants.  Yay Adey and LOL Ruth, knock me over with a feather. Surprised

Heidi, congrats on breaking the 100-mile mark!

patoo, good luck at 5K tomorrow, you too Mary and also with all presidential hoopla. Cool

Walked 6.25 miles yesterday and 3.4 miles (so far) today.  Gorgeous 72 yesterday but 85 today.

Too hot for me to enjoy a walk after supper so I'll wait for the sun to set then I'll head out.  TTFN

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2012
    Thanks everyone for the advice I have started taking magnesium.  No exercise for me today as I've just come back from a food/wine tasting down at the pier, discovered a great new bakery oh dearTongue out
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited May 2012

Badger, it was hot and humid here too, but now a cold front is coming through, and I will try to push it your way.

3 miles is no problem. I can walk pretty much forever and fast too, so will be fine and can walk at whatever pace my teammates want to go. I am ALMOST getting excited for it Wink.

Did an hour on the treadmill, 30 of toning and then a little cleaning (emphasis on the 'little'). It is my dad's 92 birthday tomorrow & my brother and SIL are coming over from Minnesota for the weekend. SIL is a walker, so we will get some walking in along with the rest of the festivities.

Good luck tomorrow, patoo!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited May 2012

Ruth, congrats on your Dad's 92nd. Wonderful.

Regards to all,

• badger
    edited May 2012

Didn't walk last night, it stayed too warm too late.  Gave myself a facial instead.  That was a treat.  Got a long walk nice & early this morning while it was still cool, 5 miles in 75 minutes, a decent clip.

Now on to finish errands - Happy Saturday!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

Walked/ran in the woods with DD and her friend. Then played some tennis. I feel so much better now compared to last year, when I still couldn't move very fast. All that Zumba has helped.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2012

badger, that is a good clip.   There was a mixup on my 5K run today so, disappointed, I headed back home to do my own personal 5K on the route of the one I did a few weeks back.  But, same park was having a fundraiser for a local Children's hospital for kids with severe disabilities.  Same hospital DS had all his surgeries, treatments, PT, OT, etc. 25 years ago!  It was a 2.5 mile or 5 mile walk so I registered and did the 5 miles - beat you badger, 72 mins, though I cheated and jogged bits of it (so you really walked faster).  Anyhow totalled today 6.16 miles; almost 18000 steps. 

After church tomorrow taking a friend and DS to the beach so will get some walking in though DS uses a walker and one of my toenails is acting up so we probably won't put in much mileage.

Night my sculpted friends.

• heidihill
    edited May 2012

Patoo, it sounds like you'd walk a mile to walk 5 miles. Congrats!!

Cardio for 38 minutes. Finished the rest of the program in 17 minutes.

• Roan
    Roan Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2012

Those shirts are fabulous!  I know yall will wear them proudly! 

I have run 3 times this week (4 miles, 3, and 4). I am about to run 3 miles, and call it a week!  I had my last TE fill on Thursday, and now I have to wait about 4 months for everything to "settle" before I can have my exchange surgery.

Happy Exercising everyone! 

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2012

I'm woefully behind on posts here.   

School yard sale was a big success.  The 6th grader selling lemonade and muffins raised a lot for her aunt diagnosed with BC.   What a sweet girl - I'm amazed at the creative initiative taken by some children.  

I've missed several days of exercise and I'm feeling sluggish.   This afternoon will get in a long hike/jog with my dog, hope that she is willing to run a bit.  Tongue out   

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2012

I have been off the computer for a couple of days and had so much reading to do to catch up. You ladies are amazing!

I was at our Relay for Life all weekend and it was beautiful weather. I walked in the survivor lap with my mother-in-law and a friend who was diagnosed this fall. It was such a celebration of life! People all around the track were blowing bubbles and very upbeat music on the speakers. I did a lot of walking too! My team raised over $5,000 and the relay raised over $300,000 so far.

Unfortunately, I was in the tent changing into long pants last night when I got one leg in and lost my balance and fell flat on my back...OUCH! My frozen shoulder and back are feeling it today so I am taking it a bit slower.

• badger
    edited May 2012

hi ladies, I got in a long walk 4.75 miles early this morning.  Spent an hour on Scrub & Sculpt, read for a while, had a nice nap, then cooked supper.  Got a strawberry-rhubarb coffee cake in the oven right now, for work tomorrow.  mmmmm

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2012

39.3 miles done in 2 days at the Avon walk. So sore I can hardly walk, but my heart is so full. I listed all your,names on my why I walk placard, and proudly wore my shirt. This week marks the 1 year anniversary of my surgery. What a way to celebrate. The voices truly made me do it. Have such gratitude for each of you. Have a great night!

• wonderland
    edited May 2012

badger: 

• wonderland
    edited May 2012

let me start again!

badger: your cake sounds delicious - never heard of it!

WOW misswim - way to go! What an outstanding way to celebrate your 1 year surgery anniversary.

Walked/ran at the park tonight with a nice, cool breeze blowing. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited May 2012

Wow, misswim that is awesome!

Walked awhile yesterday with my SIL in a cold, windy rain. Today I marathoned toning: 45 minutes with Denise Austin and 30 of FIRM pilates, then took a little walk because it is nice out and also because I ate so much all weekend that I feel like a balloon is in my stomach! Frown

• bcbarbie10
    bcbarbie10 Member Posts: 148
    edited May 2012

Just 4 days out of my second cycle. Just planning on doing ome grocery shopping for exercise today. Tomorrow, 20 mins treadmill walk.

• badger
    edited May 2012

good morning ladies and welcome bcbarbie10.

Way to go, Misswim, I'll return the favor when I walk in Relay for Life next month. 

Wonderland, I have this wonderful old-fashioned coffee cake recipe.  You can add any kind of fruit to it (apples & walnuts are great) but it's spring and I had strawberries & rhubarb on-hand.  I'll share the recipe tonight, I don't have time to type it up this morning.

Went on a mini-carbfest this weekend so have some work to do this week to undo my bad choices.

Happy Monday!

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited May 2012

Walked 6 miles last night....we just couldn't stop!  It was so nice out.  Walked Saturday too

Back to work today....this is my last Monday for the school year.  

Enjoy your day....looks like mine will be full of sunshine.

Be Well

Balsie 

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited May 2012

Congratulations misswim!! My first surgery anniversary is this week as well. Good to have a milestone like that to finally get past things.

While I'm signed up for the Avon Walk in NYC for this fall, I think I'm going to be backing out of it. It's two weeks before the New York Marathon, and my coach doesn't think it's a good idea to be spending 18+ hours on my feet walking so soon to the race. I agree with him. So I'm still unsure what I'll be doing with my registration. I haven't started fundraising yet and wasn't even going to be actively working on it this; last year was my DX year, so family and friends were exceedingly generous. I've emailed my walking team and might just let them absorb my donations so far. We'll see.

I did however, have a milestone of my own yesterday, in my half marathon superhero race. I wasn't planning on racing it, just running at a comfortable long-run pace. Well so much for that idea.... I felt great and was doing about 30-40 seconds faster per mile than planned. It was two loops on the course, with a rather major hill toward the end of the loop, and while I felt great on the first time around, the second time on the hill kind of did me in. Eventually I regained a bit of my strength, but it was hot and I just plugged along rather than raced to get to the finish. Ended up one second faster than my race back on April 15, and that's the one I was trying to run fast!

But the most important part of this event was when I was carpooling to and from the race with a woman I had just met the weekend before.  We talked about all sorts of things, getting to know each other on the 45 minute drive... and not once did I mention my DX. Good to know that I'm finally starting to move on.

Patoo, sorry about the mixup of your race. Good job for getting out there afterward anyway! 

We had a beautiful weekend here too, Balsie. Nice jog taking advantage of the weather and getting your miles in.

So much more I'd like to comment on, but I have to get my day started. Have a lovely week, everyone! 

• heidihill
    edited May 2012

badger, that's a lot of antioxidants in that cake!

misswim and orangemat, those are super feats. Now you guys need to treat yourselves to a nice massage or something. Actually that goes for everyone here!

I finally downloaded the c25k app last week and fast forwarded to week 5. Today I ran 20 minutes straight (day 3?). When I reach 500 miles walked/ran I will post it here. But before that I hope to be able to run 5k. Hopefully before my 5-year cancerversary in August. 5k for 5 years!

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited May 2012

Did a couple hours of gardening yesterday (weeding & pruning) and was exhausted afterwards. I had my oncology f/u on Friday; the NP wants me to get a thyroid test. Everything I've read says that fatigue is not unusual for up to a year or so after chemo, but you ladies don't seem to be plagued by it!

Had a long wait to check out after my onc appt, and amused myself by doing toe raises. Have hardly been able to walk all weekend! But at least I'll have really strong calf muscles after the pain subsides. Tongue out 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2012

Did my "Paws on the Pavement 5K" with Mikey the Min Pin Saturday, and I proudly wore my "Sculpted Sisterhood" shirt in honor of everyone here!  The 5K benefitted the local humane society and was a blast - big dogs, little dogs, and everything in between.  Lots of fun. 

Yes, we saw plenty of helicopters and had closed roads near the cabin because of the Camp David summit over the weekend.  We also heard the rumble of fighter jets flying overhead.  We figured that on Saturday night, we were 3 miles from the most secure place on earth!

Had one exciting event.  In the middle of the night on Saturday, Mikey suddenly sprang off the bed and began barking.  It was a nice night so we had the windows open, and we could hear rustling in the woods like something was running off.  We turned on the porch light but didn't anything.  When we got up the next morning, the bird feeders were torn down and the grass was all trampled - the neighborhood black bear had raided the feeders!  I guess we're going to have to start taking in the feeders at night . . . 

30 minutes elliptical this morning.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2012

Missswim - awesome accomplishment!  A relative asked me to do the Avon walk in NYC in October I think - I'm waiting to see how my sore knees heal - I was walking 10-15 miles per week before I hurt my knees jogging, 39 miles in 2 days seems so FAR!  Congratulations on a wonderful achievement.  That is an awesome one year accomplishment!

Pat