Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2012

Welcome Bcbarbie. Once again thank you to everyone recommending the Magnesium I did a body combat class on saturday and drove with my gym gang up to Pasadena yesterday and we did a dance class and went down to the beach last night and walked and watched the eclipse and no foot cramping either day.

Patoo I'm sorry about your race mix-up but what a nice ending to your day. Mary sounds like your event was fun and what a little pistol that Mikey has turned out to be, marathon runner and bear wrangler all wrapped up in one tiny package. Misswim what a truly amazing accomplishment and thank you for including us. Orangemat I know it's hard when you have a couple of things that conflict but your passion is running. Heidi I know you can do it. CDFR don't kid yourself sometimes I nap between work and the gym. Ruth I hope your Dad enjoyed his birthday celebration.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2012

There will be no exercise for a few days for me......I am "iceing and scultpting" my enormously swollen ankle :(. Was so totally worth it though- what a great weekend!

• misswim
    edited May 2012

There will be no exercise for a few days for me......I am "iceing and scultpting" my enormously swollen ankle :(. Was so totally worth it though- what a great weekend!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2012

So much activity here - I'm so inspired by what everybody is up to!

Mary   How cool to be so close to Camp David.  Yikes about the bear!

misswim  Hope that your ankle feels better really soon

badger   Would love that cake recipe - yum

heidihill  How do you like the C25K app?  I need more structure to a running program.  That's great that you're up to 20 minutes non-stop!  

Had the day off, so spent the morning doing nothing - ahhhh.  Lounged in the hammock and read a book - well needed rest, I never do this.   Made up for it this afternoon with an advanced pilates reformer session, and the fastest run through the woods yet, trailing my DS.  Maybe I need to do this more often!  Laughing 

Hope that everybody has a good week ~ hugs 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2012

Hey All! 

Feeling totally exhausted!  Too much fun in the sun!!  Got in my 5 Km walk in this morning before it got too hot and our pool has actually warmed up to 82 degrees!!  Very easy to get into!!  Spent half and hour running and excercising - WOW have I missed that!  Maybe now I will be able to talk myself into getting back on track! Embarassed

Hoping to get my shirt tomorrow!! (Holiday here today - so hoping for tomorrow!)

Have a great evening everyone!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited May 2012

Meant to post yesterday, was preoccupied, however, zumba and bollywood for 1 hour. There is a class in 9 minutes, guess I am not going to make it.   Natsfan, what a great cause. Good for you.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

hi all, walked at lunchtime and after work - gorgeous day!!!  Here's that recipe, enjoy!  

Old-Fashioned Coffee Cake

Pre-heat oven to 375 F

2 eggs, slightly beaten

1 cup milk

1 cup sugar

2 cups flour

3 teaspoons baking powder

Brown sugar, cinnamon, ½ stick butter (works best if frozen)

Combine eggs, milk & sugar in one bowl.  Combine flour & baking powder in another bowl.  Keep wet and dry ingredients separate until the last minute to avoid activating the baking powder too soon.

Combine wet & dry ingredients, add fruit to the batter if you like.  Spread batter in a 13x9x2 pan.  Sprinkle liberally with brown sugar & cinnamon.  Cut pieces or grate the butter over the top.

Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.  Bake an additional 15 minutes if you added fruit.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited May 2012

The cake sounds dangerously delicious!

Man, we are burning up the race tracks in our Voices shirts Cool! Great job, ladies!

I am super busy with all the end of the year stuff. Killed two birds with one stone by walking on the treadmill for an hour while watching 'Dancing With the Stars'.

• Lagata1276
    Lagata1276 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2012

Hi all! I was a newbie on this thread and still fresh from surgery before I went on vacation last week and 3 weeks after my LX and SNB, I was able to play around in the ocean. We spent a lot of time enjoying the sun and treading water. I'm not muck of a swimmer but I tried to stretch out my arm as much as possible. Last night I did one of my 10 min workout tapes and 10 minutes on the treadmill.

I'm loving your sculpted sisterhood shirts!!

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2012

C25K  week three, workout one, done.  (c:

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2012

Had a 30 minute trek on the trail - 10 minutes running and alternated the other 20 minutes run/walk.  Feels really good to get out there.  

badger  thanks for the cake recipe - I will try it with strawberries and rhubarb.  yum!

welcome back Lagata.   

• misswim
    edited May 2012

Just went for an x-ray of my foot. Possible stress fracture from all the walking!! Bummer....

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2012

Got my Shirt today!! Thanks Mary (and Cheryl!)!!

Had to cut my 5 km walk this morning a little short as I just could not get myself going this morning.  Also, will be getting in the pool tonight for at least a half hour of excercise - feeling leg and stomach muscles today from the routines I did yesterday!

Tomorrow I am scheduled to meet the surgeon that will be performing my ooph - hopefully I like her (I usually have men Doctors!).

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

Badger, thanks for the recipe! When do you add the strawberry and rhubarb?

Joy, the app could be much better, but it's free and I like that I can just look at the color to see when to run and also the countdown. I don't use it with sound or music.

Misswim, I'm so sorry about your foot. Hope it heals fast.

Mary Louise, exercising in the pool sounds great. Good luck on your appt.

Did Zumba tonight. Ronna, now I see the Bollywood connection. I was wondering what those moves were supposed to be about. They did not feel Latin to me.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,850
    edited May 2012

badger: thanks for the recipe. I will definitely try it.

misswim: so sorry about your foot.

Push mowed for 1 and a half hours. Our mower is heavy and I get a workout! 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2012

misswim, ouch! but congrats on the walk.

Didn't do much walking Sunday because after lunch the weather turned cloudy and cold down at the shore.  Did nothing yesterday but the voices came after me tonight and made me march 10,000 steps while I watched Law and Order and then I could come on here to report.  Thanks voices!

Maybe I'll run in the pool tomorrow after work.  My manager told me she lost a toenail once; apparently it could be a result of running.   Toe is starting to feel better but nail does look a little dark so wonder if that is what is going on - phooey. 

Night my sculpted friends.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited May 2012

Dragon Boating tonight for 2 hours - we have a race up in Canada this Saturday, so our coach was really working us!!

misswim, I hope your foot heals quickly!!   Patoo, I hope your nail stays on and also heals quickly.

• badger
    edited May 2012

good morning ladies and welcome back Diana.

misswim, ouch!  Hope you heal quickly, what's the treatment - rest and ice? 

patoo, hope your foot feels better soon and your toenail stays put.  The pool sounds great.

Esther, congrats on the superhero half-marathon.  Did everyone wear pants?  LOL! Wink

Heidi, you add in the fruit/nuts after you mix the wet & dry ingredients to form the batter.

Blueberries are yum, so are peaches but cut them small because they're heavy and tend to sink.

Walked at lunchtime yesterday, soon it will be too hot & humid to walk outdoors at noon so I'm enjoying it while I can.  Have a great day and ((hugs)) to all.

• Adey
    edited May 2012

Dragon boating?  Off to see my friend Google!

• misswim
    edited May 2012

No stress fracture....YIPEE! Just severe inflammation from overuse. No exercise allowed for 7 days. I may go crazy.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited May 2012

Congrats on the no stress fracture, misswim! Can you at least swim for your exercise? It is part of your name, after all. :)

I think I'm suffering from the one-year-later blues. Started a thread in the Moving Beyond Cancer forum, thinking that writing my thoughts might help. Still not sure what I'm looking for, though...

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2012

missswim - yay, no stress fracture!  do a lot of seated exercises for the week you need to be off your foot - upper body, and leg stretches that aren't weight bearing.

orangemat - sorry you have the blues.  I'm coming up on my one year mark.  I find my down feelings ebb and flow with regard to cancer, but generally I think back 6 months ago, and realize my head is in a much better place now than then.  But we all have day to day dips in our feelings.  Hang in there, we are all here for you.

Pat

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

That's a BIG relief, misswim. I was starting to feel guilty about being one of the voices that may have contributed to possible injury.

Orangemat, these phases will come and go and I think only time will heal the mental part of our journey. Hopefully we get a lot of it!

Had a personal training session just to get some tips on strengthening muscles for knee pain and lower back, my problem areas. I need to be able to keep on running and doing Zumba.

• Adey
    edited May 2012

Six mile bike ride!  Haven't been on my bike since diagnosis (over two years) and I'm doing Bike the Drive on Sunday (15 miles).  I'll have to tell everyone to go ahead and let me go at my pokey pace, meeting them at the end.  (c:  I take it back, I did a six mile ride last year to see if I was ready for BTD and was so not.  Progress.  Two years ago my family did the ride then came to the hospital, it was the day after my surgery.  Anyhoo.......

Dragon boating looks very fun and interesting.  We have the 1st Inaugural Chicago International Dragon Boat Festival on July 28th, 2012 at Lake Arlington - Arlington Heights, IL.  Who knew!  I'm going to try to check it out.

• misswim
    edited May 2012

I am going to lift some upper body weights and do pilates to work my core, and give my feet a break.

Heidi-  No GUILT!!! You guys were such a big part of my inspiration to walk in the Avon Walk, and thoughts of you really kept me going. I can deal with a little injury for the experience I had :)

Esther, I know just how you feel. I look the same and I am active, actually more so than before. But I do have days (like the last few) where my exhaustion takes over, or I have an ache or pain that bugs me, and I remember that I am not the same, nor will I ever be. For instance, I just went dress shopping for a wedding this weekend. I am many sizes smaller than pre-diagnosis and I have a very different upper body. I tried on an adorable dress, only to think, wow, my old chest would have looked great in this. It was kind of a sad moment for me......on the upswing, I bought a size 4 so that made it better! But I get it, I am just over the one year and it is very up and down! Hugs to you.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited May 2012

Thanks misswim. See for me, there aren't any visible physical changes (unless I'm at a topless beach Wink). Honestly, I think it's time I quit going to physical therapy, because if nothing else, the constant reminder of things is there for me. I think I felt like this a number of months ago, and I remember feeling such a sense of relief that I didn't have that twice weekly obligation anymore. My other shoulder has been bothering me lately anyway... come to think of it, I think the same exact thing happened last time I felt I was ready to quit PT... well I've canceled my appointment for today and I don't be back there again until next Wednesday, so hopefully my head will clear a bit with that. Funny, going to exercise is usually good for one's head, but in this case, it's been detrimental for me. Figures.

Hugs to all! 

• Lagata1276
    Lagata1276 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2012

Esther - great job on the half! I'm sorry you're getting the blues.

Badger - have to try your recipe!

Misswim - good news that there's no stress fracture! Otherwise it would be a lot longer than just a measly 7 days.

Adey - your bike ride sounds fun. I can't wait to get on mine.

Patoo - my big toenail seems to be permanently black. I just wear really dark polish!

I walked 2.5 miles on the treadmill tonight. Didn't feel too bad, but knew I couldn't jog as my LB is still sore.

• badger
    edited May 2012

hi ladies, this is an auspicious post, number 22,222.  (I play the games so have lots of posts.)

Sometimes I think I should ask the mods to delete my first 20K posts but WTH, it matters not.

((Esther)) anniversaries are hard, sorry you're feeling blue.

Misswim, so glad you don't have a stress fracture! 

Adey, we will be in Chicago the week before the Dragon Boat Festival, too bad, I'd like that.

Took an early lunch and walked while it was still cool, put 4.1 miles on the pedometer today.

• phillybird
    phillybird Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2012

I walked for 20 minutes on a trail at work today.  After I got home, I walked to the gym this evening and did my lifting routine and 30 minutes on the elliptical.

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited May 2012

Did some body & weight work but no walk today.....so full of rain,lightning and thunder boomers that I just stayed in .... the treadmill just didn't look that inviting.  I have earplugs in because I am hearing voices.  

Enjoy Balsie