Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited May 2012

Hi, really busy couple days here. I was at a retirement party last night and our staff end-of-the-year potluck tonight (google the word 'gluttony' and I believe there will be a picture of us next to the definition Surprised). The voices have bugged me though, so I did some free weights while watching 'Dancing With the Stars' last night when I got home & tonight walked 30 minutes, did 25 minutes FIRM abs & 20 minutes of toning with Denise.

Esther, as badger says, 'anniversaries' are really hard. I think it helps a little to know that those feelings are normal. Sending a hug! And quit PT if it is just a constant reminder, do the exercises at home. A couple years ago the cancer center I went to (100 miles away) starting sending an oncologist to my town a couple times a month. My oncologist (whom I loved) asked me if I'd rather see the (new) doctor who would come to me. I jumped at the chance (even though I was sad to leave him) because every time I went to that center; my stomach would start doing somersaults as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, my blood pressure would be through the roof, I would feel like throwing up, and burst into tears upon leaving the building (even after a perfectly good checkup). Psychologically just being there was horrible for me, and changing the setting helped me a lot. 

Misswim, the Voices say to stay off the foot!

Balsie, did the Voices send you onto the treadmill?

My last day of school for the year is tomorrow!!! Let the fun begin! Laughing

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited May 2012

ornagemat, I know what you mean about the one year blues - next month is my one year mark and I am having mixed feelings about it all.  My life has changed so dramatically these past 12 months!  But when it comes down to it, I'm here and so damn happy that I am!! 

The other thing bringing me down is that our beloved dog has been diagnosed with stage IV cancer and while we're going through the trauma of knowing we may lose him soon, we have to go to these appointments and I'm having flashbacks to my treatments! He has an oncologist, a radiologist, the works. It really is hard to hear all of this again for my family member.

Sorry to be a downer!! I do have good news to share - this weekend is our Dragon Boat race in Vancouver, Canada!  We are called Team Survivor Sake and are a boat of female cancer survivors. We have all ages, cancers, the works. It's going to be fun and hopefully we'll kick some butt!!

ruthbru, have a wonderful summer!  You earned it!!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2012

Hi Philly! I am so glad to see you on another thread!! Welcome, these ladies are awesome and so inspiring!!

NW Artlady, ((((Hugs))))!!! Our lab died of liver cancer a few years ago and it was awful. I am thinking of you!

Feeling almost normal today. Looking forward to a nice holiday weekend at home. No walking!!! Hope to get to yoga, though!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

Earplugs! LOL, Balsie!

Misswim, do headstands. Your foot will love it.

NWArt, hope your team kicks butt!

Did the exercises as shown by a trainer yesterday. They are a bit out of my comfort zone, which I suppose is good. Didn't have much energy left after, so just did 20 minutes cardio.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2012
    Kick Butt, NWArt!!!! Cool
  • orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited May 2012
    Good morning all! Here's a little inspiration for us all, of epic proportions... enjoy the day!
  • ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited May 2012

Good morning:

Once again last night attended zumba/bollywood class. One hour.  Also had bone scan b/c of pain in ribs. However, NED. So I am thrilled.

Heidihill: Instructor incorporates zumba/bollywood dances. She is unbelievable, music is terrific. She is also an ex-Net's cheerleader so you have to see her go. Anything gets boring after awhile, so I am glad that she has thrown the bollywood dances in. Love it.  In your class, does instructor to any bollywood????

Hugs

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited May 2012

Orangemat: Loved the video, boy that little slinky can work it.

Nwart: I am sorry to hear news about your dog. Have been there.

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2012

badger-  Google "dragon boating wi" lots of stuff happening in Wisconsin!

The voices are whispering, not to loud yet.  (c:

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2012

I heard you!  C25K week 3, workout 2 done, also did a bit of my wacky weighted hula hoop.

• phillybird
    phillybird Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2012

Hey Misswim - a pic you posted of your training inspired me to really get back to my lifting.  I have to work through the pangs of pain that exercise has been causing, ever since the rads.  I remember now that the RO said it can actually get worse before it gets better.  It's not a lot of pain; mostly just annoying.  My BS is impressed with my flexibility, though.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2012

Esther- great video. I figure if that little slinky can keep putting one foot in front of the other then so can I.

This week has been about healing my back from my fall this past weekend. Acupuncture, massage, manual lymph drainage and a visit to orthopedic dr. Saturday is the Color Me Rad 5k and I am determined to be there!

• ruthbru
    edited May 2012

Last day of school for the year; pretty emotional as one of our 'spark plug' teachers and our wonderful principal are both retiring. Many tears were shed at the end-of the-year wrap up staff meeting (any many corneas scratched by wiping our eyes on the cheapo Kleenex bought by the school!). Change is hard when you like things the way they are!

45 minutes on the treadmill & 45 toning with Denise. My N.C. sister flies in tomorrow for a week long visit. She will probably freeze to death because it is cold here. Off to shovel out the guest room Tongue out.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

hi ladies and welcome PhillyBird.  Had a lunch meeting so no noon walk today.  Terrific high winds so no walk after work.  Still, I logged 3.5 miles just walking around today. 

Cheers, Ruth, schools out for summer!  I'd take your cold temps over our 90's any day.

Esther, loved the video, thanks, the music was epic too.

NWArtLady, sorry to hear about your dog, wow an animal onc.  Good luck racing this weekend.

Adey, thanks, I will check that out. 

Ginger, hope your back cooperates and you can run Saturday.

((hugs)) to all

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2012

Hi all.  Love reading about all your activities; helps to get me motivated (a little bit at least).

Toe seems to be much better.  Yesterday went to the park and walked/jogged for about 3 miles.  Tonight went ot the gym and did 45 mins on the weight machines and treadmill for 20 mins. 

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited May 2012

oh boy...I have missed a lot!!! it all looks NEW!!! ah well...have contunued with African Dance but it is now over for the season...but not to worry. It has been replaced by 3x 1.5 hour dragon boat paddling..feels great and things fit again!

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited May 2012

Ruth ~ you are so lucky to get out before the holiday weekend.  We have next week yet. I know How hard it is when some key staff leave. We had that happen a few years ago and things are different now but we are building a new community of workers. Enjoy your summer.  

Did some core work and weights

enjoy Balsie 

• heidihill
    edited May 2012

Adey, a weighted hula hoop sounds like a real challenge!

Esther, thanks for the vid! That guy can work the treadmill much better than me. No shoelaces that get untied. No chance to accidentally hit the emergency stop button. No sweat that has to be wiped from the brow before the eyes sting. No mouth that needs to be hydrated from all the heavy breathing. Automatic correction when veering too close to the side of the treadmill. I wonder if he can do high intensity interval training?

Ronna, yes, he also does some Bollywood. I just realized when you mentioned it that that's what it was. My daughter also does kid's Zumba and she asked me yesterday what burlesque was. I guess that's what those body-skimming moves are!

I went up and down the stairs to receive a package. Now I'm off to the gym!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

hi ladies and welcome back Sandee!  Good to see your smiling face.

Got out and walked for an hour early this morning.  Took off today from work and just relaxing.

Have a great weekend everyone!  ((hugs)) to all

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2012

Hey Sandee - sounds like you are still on track!  Great to see you again!

5 K walk again this morning...  starting to get a little warm in the mornings now, but today we had some wind which made the humidity bearable!  Love that the weekend is here again!

Ruth - enjoy your break from school and your visit!

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday weekend!  Ours was last weekend and very much needed!

• ruthbru
    edited May 2012

Quick run by as my sister will be here shortly. 30 minutes pilates, hair color and cut, errands, walked 45 minutes and planted flowers. We are going to a concert tonight and I will probably fall asleep!!! Have a great weekend all!

• fmakj
    edited May 2012

Spent 35 minutes excercising in the pool tonight.  Loved it!!

Heading outside to watch a lightning show!  We really could use some rain around here!

• phillybird
    phillybird Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2012

About one hour biking along the river tonight in Philly; then out to dinner!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2012

Love the slinky video - he has a mind of his own!   

Started Week 1 Day 1 of C25K yesterday - went well.   

Happy long weekend and hugs ~  

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited May 2012

Slow walk with the pup this morning!

• heidihill
    edited May 2012

I'm getting ready for a 4 hour hike. DD is off to her girl scout weekend. DH is sailing. I've decided to start walking the Way of St. James here in Switzerland (Jakobsweg). This will maybe help me reach 500K by the end of August. I probably will be back home tonight but may decide to continue the trail for another day.

NWArt and Joy, congrats on the pup and the start, respectively!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2012

Ruth- I can't believe you are out of school. I finish on 6/22!

I am off to the Color Me Rad 5k. I am walking it DD is running it. Anyone know how to get painted cornstarch out of hair?

Got a cortisone shot in my frozen shoulder yesterday and am hoping it helps.

• fmakj
    edited May 2012

The only 'formal' excercise planned for today will be pool excercises.  Otherwise, I will be vacuuming the pool, washing the dog, rototilling and raking the garden (the last 3 years, we have been horribly late in planting the garden - Like July 1st!!) and throughout the day the laundry will get done (about 5 - 6 loads!).  Man, I am tired already!! Tongue out

Hope everyone is enjoying the day in some way!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited May 2012
    Good morning friends! This article was posted in the running thread, and I wanted to share it here with everyone. Thoughts?
  • heidihill
    edited May 2012

I definitely agree that exercise is a good intervention, even a great one depending on how your body responds to it.

I walked 17k today, mostly alone. There were some people going the opposite direction (downhill). Usually the trails are pretty busy on weekends with great weather like we had today, but I guess this is not a popular trail. Maybe because it just keeps going up. I was hurrying to make an evening guided tour of the cloisters, but by the time I got there I was too exhausted to think of doing a one hour tour. I said some prayers in the church and took the train home.