Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited May 2012
  • ronqt1
    edited May 2012

Hi everyone, well just came back from Zumba, my instructor Carri who I love was able to get someone to take these pics after our 5:30 class. Just loving my shirt.

New problem: Going for a bone scan in nuclear medicine at hospital on Friday. 4 hour test, first shot, wander around for 3 hours then the 1 hour imaging test. When you press on my ribs on good breast (maybe implant placed there is doing something).  I am sure it is nothing.

However, going back to PS next Thursday to see about finishing up with my tatoos, etc. My epidurals seemed to have worked, back is great, legs are good. Just want to wear my shirt and dance.

So far officially two zumba classes in one week plus my dancing to Core Rythem.

Hugs to all.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2012

Ronna- you look great! I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of it's nothing vibes to you when you have the bone scan. Of all the scans I have had, that was the least uncomfortable.

Wonderland....Congrats! Love a good onc appt.

TriChick- I don't think I managed 3.2 miles combined the whole time I was doing chemo. You are awesome. Keep it up!

4 mile walk this morning (Avon Walk is coming on FAST....3 more days!!!). What else tonight but ....yup, you guessed it, hot yoga. Great class, new instructor.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited May 2012

2 hours of rowing Tuesday night and our daily nordic dog walk!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited May 2012

misswim, I can't remember if you said, is this your first Avon Walk? And are you staying overnight in the tents? I had such a great time last year, I signed up in advance for this year's event, but now I may need to back out of it. It's two weeks before the NYC Marathon, and my coach thinks that walking 39.3 miles (i.e. 18+ hours on my feet) over two days isn't such smart timing. We'll see....

Pics look great, Ronna!

On the spur of the moment, I signed up for a superhero-themed half marathon that's this coming Sunday. If everyone who runs the race wears a cape or any other sort of superhero garb, they'll be setting a world record! But of course we all know that we're all already superheroes here... :) 

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited May 2012

Had to share this with you Orangemat!  Have fun at your half marathon!!

• orangemat
    edited May 2012

Ha, love it!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2012
    Did a Spin class and a Body Flow class tonight --- for some reason I seem to have become a two class a day person, how did that happenUndecided  Ronna you look great in your shirt.  Mary Louise tonight in spin class the instructor keep yelling out '35 days till summer, are you ready?' sounds like your summer starts this weekendSmile
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2012

hi all and welcome TriChick.  Love the 'toon, NWArtLady!

Great news on onc appt, Wonderland, I had my 6-mos follow-up on Tues and all is well here too.

Seems like summer is here already, been in the 80's but thankfully a cool front has moved in and temps in the 70's - perfect - got out for a walk Weds at noon and also after work.  Logged 5.75 miles yesterday.

Have a good day my sculpted friends!  ((hugs)) to all

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited May 2012

Cheryl - this weekend is actually our first holiday weekend..... I consider it the "unofficial" beginning of Summer!!  This year we have a bonus of beautiful warm weather!!  We are actually thinking about putting the tent up! 

The shirt looks awesome!!  Just hoping I don't have to work too hard to get into mine!! hahahaha

Heading out for a walk now - beautiful sunshine, a little cool, but still nice!

Wishing everyone a GREAT day!

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited May 2012

Ahhhh the end of school is such a busy time!  Did get in a nice long walk last night.  I have to put that first and the whatever falls in place will have to do.  You are all doing so well .... keep it up ladies & have a beautiful day.

Be Well

Balsie 

• ronqt1
    edited May 2012

Have a wonderful day ladies, going to take it ez today. Mani, pedi and if the sun comes out, tar beach it is for me.

NewArt Lady, love your "not one gets the pants" pic.

Badger, good news of on your follow up.

Cheryl: Love doing two classes in one day, it makes me feel like I really accomplished something, and then I wait for the "what did I do????" Hope you are feeling no pain.

MissSwim: Have fun with Avon Walk. All for a good cause.

Ok, have to get off computer.

Love and hugs to all.

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited May 2012

Getting into the habit of doing a 45-minute yoga DVD first thing in the morning...did it 4 out of the last 5 mornings. Also went on a 30-minute walk with my husband last night. He could stand to get more exercise so I'm trying to drag him along whenever I can!

• Chickenpants
    Chickenpants Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2012

One of the following will occur on any given day - hike or walk 5-8 km, mountain biking, either trails or road, about 45-60 minutes. I'm starting back to golf now that my underarm area is settling down from the rads (both sides completed one week ago). I am planning to return to the gym, my only restriction being no heavy weight for one year following my subarachnoid hemorrhage in January of this year. I was most upset when I had to give up curling and skiing after the stroke :-(

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2012

30 minutes elliptical yesterday morning, plus 2 mile Nats Walk last night (round trip from parking lot to our seats).  Great game, but got in late so I slept in this morning till 7 - no exercise for me.  My truncal LE is flaring a bit so had a great session with the LE therapist yesterday - I had a lot of fluid pooled under the armpit and across the back that she started moving out - it feels so much better.  I've got two more sessions the next two Wednesdays so hopefully that will take care of it.

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited May 2012

OK, I'm once again barely checking in-bad Kim!

Got my shirt. LOVE it and love Mary for doing this!

Going to figure out how to post a pic.

Went to visit my mom in Washington, lots of work-sawing tree limbs, hands and knees deck scrubbing, mowing lawns, hauling trash to dump...and I got runs in to boot!

Back on my running every day, 4 miles with the dog, about 11 min miles, not too bad.

Going to yoga regularly.  AND finally cleaned up my eating act after I saw the scale go up and up-feel much better.

Gotta go read backwards now....

XO

Kim 

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

I've just broken the 100 mile barrier! The deed was done with a 6 mile hike on a glorious day up in the mountains. I need to walk/run 2 miles a day if I want to make 500 miles before the end of the year.

Chickenpants, glad to hear you are back on track!

Got my shirt and it fits and feels great! Maybe I'll have a pic taken with my Zumba teacher. (Nice pics, Ronna!)

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited May 2012

Endo biopsy - negative, yay!

Off to do C25K.  (c:

• NatsFan
    edited May 2012
    Adey - three cheers!!!!!!!!!  Cool
  • LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2012

Catching up after a couple of days away - lots to read!  It's a busy month of May.  

I'm organizing a garage/yard sale at the International School this Saturday which is a big community event.  A 6th grader came to me yesterday asking if she could set up a table to sell cookies and lemonade to raise money for her aunt with breast cancer.  It took everything I had to not start crying.  I hope that her stand makes a lot of money - I plan to be her first customer!    

heidihill  Winter in mid-May - you must be in the mountains?  We've had some lower temps this past week, a good thing.  

Mary  The shirt has arrived, can't wait to see it in June - the pics look great!

Hill hiking tomorrow morning with the dog.  Need to catch up on exercise too.   

• orangemat
    edited May 2012

Wore my shirt on my bike ride today, was lovely!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2012

Walk/jog a little under 4 miles tonight.  Need to take a tylenol; for some reason when I walk/run my legs and thighs won't let me sleep and right now my foot is hurting. 

Sleepy - night my sculpted friends.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited May 2012

Hooray, Adey!

No exercise for me today; meeting after school, retirement party after that, and had to practice for a presentation I give to the 7th graders tomorrow after that.

BUT, I did do something exercise related (sit down before reading): I mailed in a registration form for a race!!!!(Before you faint, I am just walking it). Every June, a local car dealership sponsers an annual race called 'Running of the Pink'.... I don't generally like the 'pink' gimic; but ALL the money raised, 100%, goes to the LOCAL Women's Way Resource Fund, which provides breast and cervical cancer screening for women who could not otherwise afford it. The daughter of a friend is running the 10K, and my friend was looking for people to do the walking option (5K) with her. So I, inspired by the voices, said, "Sure." June 2, 9:00 am, rain or shine.....Tongue out

• orangemat
    edited May 2012

Yay Ruth!!

Great news, Adey! 

• hbcheryl
    edited May 2012

Yeah Ruth!!!!  Great news Adey.  Joy I hope her stand makes a lot of money, what a sweet girl.  Tonight I did an RPM class and then went to the park with one of my gym buddies and we fast walked 2 miles and like you Patoo my foot is hurting, I made the first mile okay but I get this cramping, it's been happening for a couple of weeks and I think I need a cortisone shot so I finally called my gp today and the earliest I can get an appointment is June 8th......

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited May 2012

Cheryl, get that foot healed up by July!!!

P.S. How far in miles is a '5K' anyway?????

• hbcheryl
    edited May 2012

Don't worry Ruth I'll be ready - a 5k is just over 3 miles easy peasy for youWink

• orangemat
    edited May 2012

It's 3.11 miles. Brisk walking, you could finish that in 46 to 50 minutes. Piece of cake!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited May 2012

It turns out I walked 2 miles longer than I thought yesterday. Today I dialled down the running by taking walking breaks in between. Total cardio time of 38 minutes. Stayed over an hour in the gym - a record for me.

For cramping, maybe a magnesium complex would help? This is what my onc prescribed for me at some point.

Joy, that's so sweet of this student. And yes, we were up in the mountains. Wish I could post a pic of the grass and dandelions peeking out of the snow.

• NatsFan
    edited May 2012

Hooray Ruth!  There's something nerve-wracking about actually submitting your registration, isn't there? Kind of a feeling of there's no backing out of it now. Tongue out  Cheryl - so sorry about the foot - hope it gets better soon!

These weeknight baseball games really shoot my exercise schedule - after our late night exciting Nats game Wednesday night, I slept in yesterday morning and this morning.  I just couldn't get up to exercise when that alarm went off at 6am!  We did take a brisk 2 mile walk last night, so I haven't been a total lazy bum.  Off to the cabin this weekend - our "5K9" run to benefit the local humane society is tomorrow morning - this is a 5K where particpants can run with their dogs. DH and I will be running with Mikey the Min Pin (or should I say we'll be trying to run while Mikey keeps stopping to sniff and check out doggy "pee-mail").  I have a feeling it's going to be utter chaos with all the dogs - and a ton of fun.